Ultimate [chat]bee

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    good morning bros

Gooby molding brews

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    My favorite Apple phenomenon is when they're rumored to be making something (e.g.: tablet, watch) for so long without releasing a product that competitors copy the rumors and end up on the market first.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    Had a bit FU! moment a bit ago. The big boss who, after I was finally diagnosed with AS (after missing a lot of work on FMLA), made me sign a document that took away my LWOP and made any missed day AWOL if I didnt have leave, noticed me limping today pretty hard and tried to make jokes about it. No asshole I am not feeling good today. No its not something to try to make light of.

I need a hot pocket. I hear they are breathtaking.

there's a lot of abbreviations here and I only understand half of them

AS = ankylosing spondylitis
    FMLA = Family Medical Leave Act
    LWOP = Leave without pay and

FU! = Hate stare from the deep blow but on the inside. The outside resembling a strained half smile with perhaps an eye twitch or two.

your boss sounds like a dick

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Had a bit FU! moment a bit ago. The big boss who, after I was finally diagnosed with AS (after missing a lot of work on FMLA), made me sign a document that took away my LWOP and made any missed day AWOL if I didnt have leave, noticed me limping today pretty hard and tried to make jokes about it. No asshole I am not feeling good today. No its not something to try to make light of.

FU! = Hate stare from the deep blow but on the inside. The outside resembling a strained half smile with perhaps an eye twitch or two.

YBSLAD

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    zepherin wrote: »
    I don't understand the youtube celebrity thing but part of it is that I am really jealous that a bunch of early 20somethings figured out how to turn youtube videos into a six figure income deal.

Fucking kids.
    It's very savvy business from Google. We'll split the ad revenue with you, and you create content. More content translates to more ad revenue, which incentivizes more content.

If a million people a week are watching silly rap battles, that is celebrity enough for me. And good for them for filling a nitch.

Yeah honestly I complained in the past because I felt it was "kids not getting real jobs blah blah bubble burst blah blah" but it's the same thing that happened in the webcomics community. Once ad revenue dried up because everyone used adblock the good artists and cartoonist just turned to patreon to be fan supported. That'll happen with youtube people too. The good ones will get tv shows and fan support while the not so good ones will end up working at Best Buy because G4 isn't a thing anymore.
    There will always be changes in the market, innovation and movement. The online video ad market is moving into a more mature model. Still, it is hard to produce quality content consistently, and there are a lot of people who produce quality stuff, that just doesn't have enough traction to be a high earner. Roughly 1$ per thousand views seams to be the translation, and it varies, but from what I've seen that is the standard. Most of my favorite content providers (other than epic rap battles of history) produce 1 or 2 videos a week and get 200k-400k views. So 200-400 bucks a week. That's not a lot of money.

Now I have a marketing theory on content saturation and critical mass, where new views translate to ancillerary views of older content and for every 100k views on a new video I think it translates to 100 views on several of the older videos, but still it is time consuming and doesn't pay very well to start, but popular content creators make decent money. There are not a lot of people who became wealthy from youtube. Psy is pretty much the only one to amass real wealth, maybe pewdiepie. There are some rich youtube celebs, but it's a hard hill to get too.

zepherin on
  • Options
    credeiki wrote: »
    Oh, how can you tell? Does it say in the store somewhere?
    I have probably spent $70-100 over the course of 3-4 years on a game that I play for many hours each week and that enriches my life considerably; I would feel fine at having spent several times that, but there just aren't enough skins I actually want for champions I actually play.

Give me Nautilus base skin chromas Riot please...

yeah you can log in to privacy.riotgames.com and it'll show you (along with some other data which is kinda cool)

I have spent $20

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    I have spent $75. Some of it was used to buy gifts, mostly for my husband (Aether Wing Kayle and Kennen, M.D.--obviously!)

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    milski wrote: »

YBSLAD

No.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I don't know your specific situation Jubal but I don't think an employer can make you sign something. I got tricked into that at Best Buy once, though it wasn't a huge deal like that sounds to be.

Your boss is a jerk!

• Options
    I only really play a handful of champs and my video settings being utter shit doesn't help my interest in skins

• Options
    Give me Nautilus base skin chromas Riot please...

naut is getting a cool aztec-ish skin soon!

Y0Z6nYO.png

I do like it--it's the prettiest so far--but I don't like it more than the base skin. Maybe if it were not yellow/green/gray--that's a kinda ugly color scheme to me. I want to be, like, navy blue base skin nautilus, or bright orange or something. Maybe I'll get the worldbreaker skin if they give it cool chromas.

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Sony UK has a holiday bundle that includes No Mans Sky and all I can say is

8oi5qch.jpg

I mean, Hello Games lied to improve sales, but was the game as terribad as people make it out to be?

Isn't it basically just another Spore?

The flying was so janky that it made me physically ill, so yeah...

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    In teuth, Microsoft and Apple represent the two different schools of thought on design and function out there and they are borrowing little from each other right now.

Apple strongly believes in a user experience that represents the best expression of the hardware. So while colors, shapes and visual cues can be consistent across devices, the operating system and how you interact with it and how apps should be designed are very different from watch to phone to tablet to desktop.

Microsoft believes in a consistent user experience, top to bottom, and they have made their consoles, phones tablets and desktops act in similar fashion, and in many cases run on the same core. their hardware design has become industrial and consistent, and is very attractive in its own way.

There are advantages to both methods, and while I prefer how Apple does things I don't fault people for liking the other way - its only getting better after the trainwreck that Windows Phone + Windows 8 + early surface + xbox one launch was.

Like, if you want to laugh about copycats, look no further than Samsung and Google who practically fall over themselves rushing to release products to market based on supply chain rumors of what their competitors are doing.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    I don't understand the youtube celebrity thing but part of it is that I am really jealous that a bunch of early 20somethings figured out how to turn youtube videos into a six figure income deal.

Fucking kids.
    It's very savvy business from Google. We'll split the ad revenue with you, and you create content. More content translates to more ad revenue, which incentivizes more content.

If a million people a week are watching silly rap battles, that is celebrity enough for me. And good for them for filling a nitch.

Yeah honestly I complained in the past because I felt it was "kids not getting real jobs blah blah bubble burst blah blah" but it's the same thing that happened in the webcomics community. Once ad revenue dried up because everyone used adblock the good artists and cartoonist just turned to patreon to be fan supported. That'll happen with youtube people too. The good ones will get tv shows and fan support while the not so good ones will end up working at Best Buy because G4 isn't a thing anymore.
    There will always be changes in the market, innovation and movement. The online video ad market is moving into a more mature model. Still, it is hard to produce quality content consistently, and there are a lot of people who produce quality stuff, that just doesn't have enough traction to be a high earner. Roughly 1$ per thousand views seams to be the translation, and it varies, but from what I've seen that is the standard. Most of my favorite content providers (other than epic rap battles of history) produce 1 or 2 videos a week and get 200k-400k views. So 200-400 bucks a week. That's not a lot of money.

Now I have a marketing theory on content saturation and critical mass, where new views translate to ancillerary views of older content and for every 100k views on a new video I think it translates to 100 views on several of the older videos, but still it is time consuming and doesn't pay very well to start, but popular content creators make decent money. There are not a lot of people who became wealthy from youtube. Psy is pretty much the only one to amass real wealth, maybe pewdiepie. There are some rich youtube celebs, but it's a hard hill to get too.

$1 per thousand views is what I get because I'm a relative nobody.

If you're someone like rap battles you can get closer to $5-$6, up to $9 during election season if you don't mind running political ads.

It varies but the people with more credibility and popularity get better ad revenue because that's where the sponsors want to be.

At least that's how it was 5 years ago. Not sure if it's still that way.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    TehSloth wrote: »
    I feel like there's a lot of pretty small things that could've been done to make that game enjoyable, primarily a better means of ground transportation. Like a sweet future scooter or a hoverboard or something, maybe it can transform into a submarine jetski or something so that swimming isn't so tedious.

My main boggle is that they built this big engine that procedurally generates stuff. But then they put in just enough content so that stuff is a little different but it's painfully obvious that it's all being recycled almost instantly.

The space stations are hilarious because they are a big open hangar, up some stairs that takes way too long to go up, and a room with one alien and a kiosk to buy/sell. All laid out to maximize annoyance. That's it. There is no variation.

I've said it before, but a much better game would procedurally generate a few dozen worlds full of plants and animals, and then devs would go through and use all of that as a starting point and add new stuff and make pre generated lame stuff less lame

That's how Witcher 3's animation system works sort of, and the results are the best conversational animation system of any game in existence

Yes, last night on stream I was talking about Dark Souls 3 (DS in general) levels being laid out so lovingly and with purpose versus the procedurally generated Bloodborne chalice dungeons that were very bleh. It's just such a huge difference.

At least in that circumstance the chalice dungeons are just extra shit, and even they have set pieces connected by procedural hallways (if they were set up for a more easy to use coop mode, where both of you can start at the beginning and just go all the way down together without interruption, we'd be onto something).

If all of Bloodborne was Chalice Dungeons well... it'd still be a better game than No Man's Sky, because just killing enemies in Bloodborne can be profoundly satisfying and the basic gameplay loop in NMS isn't ve...OXYGEN LOW... TECHNOLOGY RECHARGED

lets get @desc back making DOOM maps

@OnTheLastCastle okay I'll do a map that's half blue and half red

The demons will have Arthurian names

• Options
    ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    I don't know your specific situation Jubal but I don't think an employer can make you sign something. I got tricked into that at Best Buy once, though it wasn't a huge deal like that sounds to be.

Your boss is a jerk!

They cant "make" you sign something but they can say that if you don't you are out of compliance and so can be disciplined. All this was the day my FMLA expired too. heh. And I dont really fault him. He is a big city boss who refuses to apply the context of the area he is in (small town reservation).

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    I do like it--it's the prettiest so far--but I don't like it more than the base skin. Maybe if it were not yellow/green/gray--that's a kinda ugly color scheme to me. I want to be, like, navy blue base skin nautilus, or bright orange or something. Maybe I'll get the worldbreaker skin if they give it cool chromas.

I am sorry to tell you that they are not making chromas for base skins any more : (

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    milski wrote: »

YBSLAD

I actually do this in meetings when I'm getting pissed. I'll be taking notes and I'll be all "man Janice is a huge bitch today for calling me out and I hate this fucking meeting! Also fuck Mark!"

MJIAHBTFCMOAIHTFMAFM

• Options
    I only really play a handful of champs and my video settings being utter shit doesn't help my interest in skins

Also Irelia doesn't really have good skins...
    Maybe the Nightblade one is kinda cool? The white+red is pretty iconic though, so I don't know about giving that up.

• Options
    Oh man those leaks were RIGHT the owl IS A BADASS ROBIN HOOD YES

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Skippy see if riot will give you some currency if you name your third child Teemo

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    So how about that Surface Studio

• Options

Your boss is a jerk!

They cant "make" you sign something but they can say that if you don't you are out of compliance and so can be disciplined. All this was the day my FMLA expired too. heh. And I really dont fault him. He is a big city boss who refuses to apply the context of the area he is in (small town reservation).

Let me come take his job. You can have all the time off you want as long as I can just take off an hour or so a day to go chill outdoors

• Options

Your boss is a jerk!

They cant "make" you sign something but they can say that if you don't you are out of compliance and so can be disciplined. All this was the day my FMLA expired too. heh. And I really dont fault him. He is a big city boss who refuses to apply the context of the area he is in (small town reservation).

Isn't that coercion though? Like I totally get it and fighting it can be hard and not worth necessarily worth your job, it's just shitty.

• Options

I am sorry to tell you that they are not making chromas for base skins any more : (

whaaaaaaaat

aw...

They're still keeping the extant ones around though, right? I need to be able to play maximum disrespect pink Caitlyn, but I haven't picked up that set yet.

• Options
    Oh man those leaks were RIGHT the owl IS A BADASS ROBIN HOOD YES

???

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular

whaaaaaaaat

aw...

They're still keeping the extant ones around though, right? I need to be able to play maximum disrespect pink Caitlyn, but I haven't picked up that set yet.

yep, and they'll go back on sale for ip twice a year from what I read so just wait a bit and pink cait will be yours

(I have it too eee)

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »

The Apple people are saying it's too expensive.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    Grape ApeGrape Ape Registered User regular
    Zephiran wrote: »

wait is that green bird dabbing? Please tell me that's a starter

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular

Your boss is a jerk!

Isn't that coercion though? Like I totally get it and fighting it can be hard and not worth necessarily worth your job, it's just shitty.

They use fancy words like "refuse to sign" and "EPM you had to sign to get the job" etc.

Anyways im sorry I had to vent and it looks like all my system guys are calling in today heh.

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    My favorite Apple phenomenon is when they're rumored to be making something (e.g.: tablet, watch) for so long without releasing a product that competitors copy the rumors and end up on the market first.

And it usually sucks.

And then apple makes their first version and while it isn't perfect it is generally in an entirely different class from the rest of the market, who more or less immediately pivots and tries to catch up to that first release, all while Apple is already on revision 3 in the labs.

Thus is the way of these things. Rarely is Apple first (though there is a strong argument to be made that they were with the iPad), but they are often the one to finally set the standard.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options

Your boss is a jerk!

They use fancy words like "refuse to sign" and "EPM you had to sign to get the job" etc.

Anyways im sorry I had to vent and it looks like all my system guys are calling in today heh.

Sounds like a good day to do like 1 hour of super productive work to close out 4-5 things on your plate and sandbag it so the rest of the day is spent here and we'll share gun and bushcraft youtube videos.

• Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    Good morning you pompous twits

You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water, our shark.
  • Options

Doctor.

• Options

Also Irelia doesn't really have good skins...
    Maybe the Nightblade one is kinda cool? The white+red is pretty iconic though, so I don't know about giving that up.

yeah I've looked at them before and I'm like...ehhhh

fizz has some cool/creepy ones but I already have two from mystery gifts back in the day (tundra and fisherman) so I haven't bought any others

I also have mecha khazix from back when I was a khazix jungle main cuz that skin was sweet

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    My advisor's postdoc advisor is gonna be in the lab in half an hour and I'm terrified I'm going to say something dumb. Ohgodohgodohgod.

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular

no i am so humble my apple pie is the crumbliest #humbleandblessed

• Options
    Shivahn wrote: »
    My advisor's postdoc advisor is gonna be in the lab in half an hour and I'm terrified I'm going to say something dumb. Ohgodohgodohgod.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2q6rndPvFcI

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »

The Apple people are saying it's too expensive.

I actually laughed when I saw the price but it does look totally badass for artists who are already very successful.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
This discussion has been closed.