Ultimate [chat]bee

• IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Boy, that's a face. I guess I don't understand the current trend of Youtube preview shots.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    Titanfall 2 is probably going to be just ruined by aimbotters like the last one :(

• skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    oh god my head : (

• AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    bowen wrote: »

Err...which part? Cause that looks like a whole bunch of bullshots that will not work anywhere near as easy as they're trying to make it seem.

That 3D doodling program seems pretty silly.

But, the dial thing is supposed to be legit. Gabe did a write-up on it.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Chanus wrote: »
    when do we get our procedurally generated [chat]?

maybe they all are and you're the only real person here

It would explain why all my posts are kind of samey and uninteresting.

Querry and the science of the neurons. Long weekday is crayfish science with neural network Querry.

• firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    that videogamesman is making a horrible face in that screen cap :(

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    BB's chalice dungeons would have been better without the find the lever mechanics, the game isn't diablo, give us monster hallways and boss hallways and you'd improve on them significantly

• syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited October 2016

3d paint does look relly great.

I still think that puck, as opposed to putting the wacom-style compatible controls on the display, was a mistake. This will not get the marketshare of Wacom and I don't know if that puck will see much support outside of 1st party offerings.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular

Err...which part? Cause that looks like a whole bunch of bullshots that will not work anywhere near as easy as they're trying to make it seem.

Yeah, this type of shit has worked well exactly once, and that was google's TiltBrush, which requires roomscale VR.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Also yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

LQamEVD.jpg

nibXTE7.png
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular

Did yo do the bad thing with alcohol?

• HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    3D mice have been around for a long time, if that's what that was.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Grape ApeGrape Ape Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »

I think it was the babygangs

• amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Mernin'

Recruiter took me out for free breakfast this morning and I got an omelette and it was really good.

EGGSEGGSEGGSEGGSEGGS!

are YOU on the beer list?
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    I tried Tiltbrush. It's rad as heeeeeck. But I have no idea how to even.

• firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    jeeze matt that's a whole lot of titanfall 2 right there.

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »

That 3D doodling program seems pretty silly.

But, the dial thing is supposed to be legit. Gabe did a write-up on it.

I guess I'll have to see what it does that a spacemouse doesn't. It looks like tech that's been around for CAD for like a decade.

It would be cool if more programs supported it as an input device.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Grape Ape wrote: »
    pokemon doesn't come out until 18NOV2016
    Which might as well be never, because the US will have descended into Mad Maxdom by then
    WHO RUNS BORDERTOWN?

fireroad.jpg

• skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular

no I am sick : (

syndalis wrote: »

I still think that puck, as opposed to putting the wacom-style compatible controls on the display, was a mistake. This will not get the marketshare of Wacom and I don't know if that puck will see much support outside of 1st party offerings.

Did you read Gabes' write-up?
    Tycho asked me to compare it to my Cintiq, and I told him that drawing on the Cintiq now felt like drawing on a piece of dirty plexiglass hovering over a CRT monitor from 1997.

They're definitely shooting hard at the artist market.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
  • BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    YouTube is excellent at showing me preview images of people's faces that ensure I never ever click on their videos.

• amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    It's about time Microsoft took back graphic design.

I used to get SOOOOO goddamn mad when I worked the print department at officemax because the graphic design students would come in and get their shit printed out and complain non stop about how the colors looked better on their monitor then what was printed and I'd be all

"YES THAT'S BECAUSE YOU PAID AN EXTRA THOUSAND DOLLARS FOR YOUR MONITOR ON THAT APPLE ASSHOLE BUT THIS IS THE COLOR THAT PRINTS SO DEAL WITH IT! APPLE DOESN'T MAKE PRINTERS IT'S ALL A LIE!"

:D

• Grape ApeGrape Ape Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    YouTube is excellent at showing me preview images of people's faces that ensure I never ever click on their videos.

the only pewdiepie reaction video I want to see is someone sitting on his face

• nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Also yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

LQamEVD.jpg

for that price do they give you an actual Titan

I don't understand the youtube celebrity thing but part of it is that I am really jealous that a bunch of early 20somethings figured out how to turn youtube videos into a six figure income deal.

Fucking kids.

• SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I want one of those pucks and I don't even have a surface of any kind.

3D Paint sounds cool, I wanna play with that. You can export minecraft buildings to it and then 3d print them.

The future is crazy.

• OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    TehSloth wrote: »
    I feel like there's a lot of pretty small things that could've been done to make that game enjoyable, primarily a better means of ground transportation. Like a sweet future scooter or a hoverboard or something, maybe it can transform into a submarine jetski or something so that swimming isn't so tedious.

My main boggle is that they built this big engine that procedurally generates stuff. But then they put in just enough content so that stuff is a little different but it's painfully obvious that it's all being recycled almost instantly.

The space stations are hilarious because they are a big open hangar, up some stairs that takes way too long to go up, and a room with one alien and a kiosk to buy/sell. All laid out to maximize annoyance. That's it. There is no variation.

I've said it before, but a much better game would procedurally generate a few dozen worlds full of plants and animals, and then devs would go through and use all of that as a starting point and add new stuff and make pre generated lame stuff less lame

That's how Witcher 3's animation system works sort of, and the results are the best conversational animation system of any game in existence

Yes, last night on stream I was talking about Dark Souls 3 (DS in general) levels being laid out so lovingly and with purpose versus the procedurally generated Bloodborne chalice dungeons that were very bleh. It's just such a huge difference.

At least in that circumstance the chalice dungeons are just extra shit, and even they have set pieces connected by procedural hallways (if they were set up for a more easy to use coop mode, where both of you can start at the beginning and just go all the way down together without interruption, we'd be onto something).

If all of Bloodborne was Chalice Dungeons well... it'd still be a better game than No Man's Sky, because just killing enemies in Bloodborne can be profoundly satisfying and the basic gameplay loop in NMS isn't ve...OXYGEN LOW... TECHNOLOGY RECHARGED

lets get @desc back making DOOM maps

• HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I feel like a large part of the artist market is specifically workstation and wacom based. I don't understand why anyone would consider a closed computer, limited in upgradeability, for more money as an option.

PSN: Honkalot
  • rockrngerrockrnger Registered User regular
    A
    It's going to be a long, long time before procedurally generated content is anywhere near as interesting as hand crafted content

the best use of the tech is just randomizing the environment of a game where the focus is the gameplay loop (see: diablo 1,2,3), ironically procedural generation is the *least* interesting when the goal is actually exploring the environment

Dw
    Grape Ape wrote: »
    Bogart wrote: »

the only pewdiepie reaction video I want to see is someone sitting on his face

Wait, what?

• OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular

gears 4 is actually the worst about this

$50 season pass for some bullshit MP only
    tons of microtransactions for "packs" for horde and versus modes
    literal $9.99 "e-sports" packs that will give you a dumb e-sports skin for a random gun or something bullshit stupid

uggghhhhhhhh

• HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular

I used to get SOOOOO goddamn mad when I worked the print department at officemax because the graphic design students would come in and get their shit printed out and complain non stop about how the colors looked better on their monitor then what was printed and I'd be all

"YES THAT'S BECAUSE YOU PAID AN EXTRA THOUSAND DOLLARS FOR YOUR MONITOR ON THAT APPLE ASSHOLE BUT THIS IS THE COLOR THAT PRINTS SO DEAL WITH IT! APPLE DOESN'T MAKE PRINTERS IT'S ALL A LIE!"

They used to make printers, though.

Honk wrote: »
    I feel like a large part of the artist market is specifically workstation and wacom based. I don't understand why anyone would consider a closed computer, limited in upgradeability, for more money as an option.

eh needing the raw horsepower to handle photoshop isn't what it used to be ever since everyone (including apple) went to a hardware standard. No one is going to be doing hardcore 3D modelling with it but for graphic design you don't need a heavy machine.

• nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular

Apple monitors are pretty but in reality have shit gamuts for Graphics work

Haphazard wrote: »

They used to make printers, though.

SHUT UP!

• BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular

no I am sick : (

Curse those babygangs

• syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited October 2016
    Aioua wrote: »
    syndalis wrote: »

Did you read Gabes' write-up?
    Tycho asked me to compare it to my Cintiq, and I told him that drawing on the Cintiq now felt like drawing on a piece of dirty plexiglass hovering over a CRT monitor from 1997.

They're definitely shooting hard at the artist market.

yes, no doubt, the display is nicer than the cintiq display.

3000-4000 dollars to get a machine is going to impact the reach though. A lot. And in the meantime all the cool shit the puck does in 3D paint and microsoft titles may not get much budget from 3rd party developers who already support the input and control methods of the millions and millions of cintiq surfaces out there.

Had they figured out how to produce the screen/digitizer tech independent of the computer (which is pretty hard due to resolution limitations on current mdp specs), this could have gone wider.

But I am very comfortable saying that this specific device will not have a drastic impact on the market without major price drops or reconfigurations.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Also yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

LQamEVD.jpg

for that price do they give you an actual Titan

They give you a full size, wearable, fully-functional lightup helmet with multiple rail attachments and a shemagh.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
    Lol at art students going to office max and complaining about print quality.

I was an art student for a time. Most of us knew better. Most of us also couldn't afford Macs so no surprise that the rich kids didn't know shit about shit.

This discussion has been closed.