Ultimate [chat]bee

• BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    Is this video about the stroke you seem to be having? No? Is it instead about the sight of your dad being pounded by Uncle Lenny in the Spirited Horse position that you're looking at right now, judging from the expression of exaggerated disgust that's making you screw up your face like that? No?

• amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    Aioua wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »

3d paint does look relly great.

I still think that puck, as opposed to putting the wacom-style compatible controls on the display, was a mistake. This will not get the marketshare of Wacom and I don't know if that puck will see much support outside of 1st party offerings.

Did you read Gabes' write-up?
    Tycho asked me to compare it to my Cintiq, and I told him that drawing on the Cintiq now felt like drawing on a piece of dirty plexiglass hovering over a CRT monitor from 1997.

They're definitely shooting hard at the artist market.

yes, no doubt, the display is nicer than the cintiq display.

3000-4000 dollars to get a machine is going to impact the reach though. A lot. And in the meantime all the cool shit the puck does in 3D paint and microsoft titles may not get much budget from 3rd party developers who already support the input and control methods of the millions and millions of cintiq surfaces out there.

Had they figured out how to produce the screen/digitizer tech independent of the computer (which is pretty hard due to resolution limitations on current mdp specs), this could have gone wider.

But I am very comfortable saying that this specific device will not have a drastic impact on the market without major price drops or reconfigurations.

I don't think 3-4K will hit the reach that hard. The budget minded already jumped ship to the Yiynova knock offs a few years back when they started using Cintiq drivers (I did anyway) and you'd spend that now on a Mac and a Cintiq.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    oh god my head : (

Did yo do the bad thing with alcohol?

no I am sick : (

send some alcohol and tacos down to take a look and report back

• zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    I don't understand the youtube celebrity thing but part of it is that I am really jealous that a bunch of early 20somethings figured out how to turn youtube videos into a six figure income deal.

Fucking kids.
    It's very savvy business from Google. We'll split the ad revenue with you, and you create content. More content translates to more ad revenue, which incentivizes more content.

If a million people a week are watching silly rap battles, that is celebrity enough for me. And good for them for filling a nitch.

• AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular

I still think that puck, as opposed to putting the wacom-style compatible controls on the display, was a mistake. This will not get the marketshare of Wacom and I don't know if that puck will see much support outside of 1st party offerings.

Tycho asked me to compare it to my Cintiq, and I told him that drawing on the Cintiq now felt like drawing on a piece of dirty plexiglass hovering over a CRT monitor from 1997.

3000-4000 dollars to get a machine is going to impact the reach though. A lot. And in the meantime all the cool shit the puck does in 3D paint and microsoft titles may not get much budget from 3rd party developers who already support the input and control methods of the millions and millions of cintiq surfaces out there.

Had they figured out how to produce the screen/digitizer tech independent of the computer (which is pretty hard due to resolution limitations on current mdp specs), this could have gone wider.

But I am very comfortable saying that this specific device will not have a drastic impact on the market without major price drops or reconfigurations.
    Well yeah, I know exactly how it will go.
    Apple will release their knockoff in two to three years and it'll become the new standard.

:P

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    oh god my head : (

Did yo do the bad thing with alcohol?

no I am sick : (

send some alcohol and tacos down to take a look and report back

sarah has been gone all week so I have been dragging myself around to make sure my kids get food and don't die

but she comes back this afternoon and I will finally be able to just lay on this couch and make mewling sounds while someone else takes care of me

• BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    Gears always had expensive skins that I couldn't imagine buying but which some people obviously did. A weird glowy paint job on your gun; that'll be five quid, please.

It seemed to be a voluntary tax on people who weren't me, so I didn't care about it.

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    I am still planning to play No Man's Sky, in spite of all the brickbats and negative publicity that's been flung at it (and the justified and unjustified criticisms). Flying around, naming stuff, finding stuff, running away from sentinels. It looks pretty good to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DhaUe6y-Co

i almost didn't recognize this as parody, that is how bad things have gotten on youtube

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    hm, i actually know what i'm talking about in this training on our point of sale system. i like this feel at work.

• IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    I mean my group of choice has a short video up advertising their weekly podcast that they in turn get views and presumably ad revenue for, in which they lay down their group's ground rules for taking a communally owned Nintendo Switch into the bathroom.

It doesn't get any fucking better than that.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »
    I don't understand the youtube celebrity thing but part of it is that I am really jealous that a bunch of early 20somethings figured out how to turn youtube videos into a six figure income deal.

Fucking kids.
    It's very savvy business from Google. We'll split the ad revenue with you, and you create content. More content translates to more ad revenue, which incentivizes more content.

If a million people a week are watching silly rap battles, that is celebrity enough for me. And good for them for filling a nitch.

Yeah honestly I complained in the past because I felt it was "kids not getting real jobs blah blah bubble burst blah blah" but it's the same thing that happened in the webcomics community. Once ad revenue dried up because everyone used adblock the good artists and cartoonist just turned to patreon to be fan supported. That'll happen with youtube people too. The good ones will get tv shows and fan support while the not so good ones will end up working at Best Buy because G4 isn't a thing anymore.

• Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Had a bit FU! moment a bit ago. The big boss who, after I was finally diagnosed with AS (after missing a lot of work on FMLA), made me sign a document that took away my LWOP and made any missed day AWOL if I didnt have leave, noticed me limping today pretty hard and tried to make jokes about it. No asshole I am not feeling good today. No its not something to try to make light of.

I need a hot pocket. I hear they are breathtaking.

• HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    Gears always had expensive skins that I couldn't imagine buying but which some people obviously did. A weird glowy paint job on your gun; that'll be five quid, please.

It seemed to be a voluntary tax on people who weren't me, so I didn't care about it.

microtransactions for cosmetics are perfectly fine.
    Some people like that stuff enough to pay for it, more power to them.
    The game is grand without it, so nbd.

Now Playing:
    Celeste [Switch] - She'll be wrestling with inner demons when she comes...
    Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age [Switch] - Sit down and watch our game play itself
  • Grape ApeGrape Ape Registered User regular
    Ilpala wrote: »
    I mean my group of choice has a short video up advertising their weekly podcast that they in turn get views and presumably ad revenue for, in which they lay down their group's ground rules for taking a communally owned Nintendo Switch into the bathroom.

It doesn't get any fucking better than that.

The Happy Hockey Hosers are the best

• Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    Had a bit FU! moment a bit ago. The big boss who, after I was finally diagnosed with AS (after missing a lot of work on FMLA), made me sign a document that took away my LWOP and made any missed day AWOL if I didnt have leave, noticed me limping today pretty hard and tried to make jokes about it. No asshole I am not feeling good today. No its not something to try to make light of.

there's a lot of abbreviations here and I only understand half of them

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    good morning bros

919UOwT.png
  • TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    HerrCron wrote: »

The microtransactions for the horde mode ability cards and stuff is pretty annoying though. Maybe if it wasn't all just random and I could just spend points on abilities. You could technically scrap everything and use that scrap to level what you want but the conversion rate is pretty abysmal.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Honk wrote: »
    I feel like a large part of the artist market is specifically workstation and wacom based. I don't understand why anyone would consider a closed computer, limited in upgradeability, for more money as an option.

eh needing the raw horsepower to handle photoshop isn't what it used to be ever since everyone (including apple) went to a hardware standard. No one is going to be doing hardcore 3D modelling with it but for graphic design you don't need a heavy machine.

I guess I don't get why lots of artists seem to use iMac's either on that point.

But like Synd seems to be saying if they have awesome pen-screen tech then I feel like the reasonable market is actually competing with wacom and not this.

PSN: Honkalot

the microtransactions on horde are pretty bullshit is the only problem i have around it.

skills can NOT be grinded for or level on use. you can only buy packs to get skill cards and you use cards to level the skills. you can tear duplicates/don't want down for a fraction of what you can create a card for

1 common = 40 of this currency
    1 common destroyed = 5 of the currency

you can't create a card you haven't "found" one of in the packs though so you can't just make an epic or rare skill to have.. you have to keep popping packs to get cards. there's a billion skills and no guarantee you'll ever get the good ones.

it's shit.

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular

Apple will release their knockoff in two to three years and it'll become the new standard.

If you snarkily say this about enough devices, eventually it'll be true! Still waiting on my convertible MacBook tablet everyone was so fkin sure Apple would make after the Surface came out.

I actually don't even know where this attitude comes from. Other manufacturers copying Apple is so much more common!

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
    matt's silly preorder made me curious as to how much I've spent on league

rpweGh1.png

so free!

@LoserForHireX @credeiki @spool32

AS = ankylosing spondylitis
    FMLA = Family Medical Leave Act
    LWOP = Leave without pay and

FU! = Hate stare from the deep blow but on the inside. The outside resembling a strained half smile with perhaps an eye twitch or two.

sloth, why aren't we playing gears horde mode w/ @Elki

• HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    TehSloth wrote: »

The microtransactions for the horde mode ability cards and stuff is pretty annoying though. Maybe if it wasn't all just random and I could just spend points on abilities. You could technically scrap everything and use that scrap to level what you want but the conversion rate is pretty abysmal.

Ohhh are they like Halo 5's req cards?
    Because you're usually swimming in those things, but this sounds different.

Now Playing:
    Celeste [Switch] - She'll be wrestling with inner demons when she comes...
    Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age [Switch] - Sit down and watch our game play itself
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    I still don't know why we don't just have one big bathroom with a bunch of stalls. Stalls without those awful giant gaps, preferably. End bathroom segregation.

Also @bloodyroarxx how is your summer car going?

SniperGuy on
  • TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    sloth, why aren't we playing gears horde mode w/ @Elki

I've been annoyingly busy, I've played one game of horde mode and maybe an hour of the campaign and that's been my only videogaming for the last week and half.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod

FU! = Hate stare from the deep blow but on the inside. The outside resembling a strained half smile with perhaps an eye twitch or two.

At least your condition turns you into a dinosaur, if I remember my Latin.

over 6 years that comes out to ~$8.50/mo

that's not so much

r-right

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

If you snarkily say this about enough devices, eventually it'll be true! Still waiting on my convertible MacBook tablet everyone was so fkin sure Apple would make after the Surface came out.

I actually don't even know where this attitude comes from. Other manufacturers copying Apple is so much more common!

he's probably desperately clutching his zune while he types it

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    Good morning gooey

sig.gif
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular

that's not so much

r-right

skippy

you are the freemium whale

• credeikicredeiki Registered User regular

rpweGh1.png

so free!

LoserForHireX credeiki spool32

Oh, how can you tell? Does it say in the store somewhere?
    I have probably spent $70-100 over the course of 3-4 years on a game that I play for many hours each week and that enriches my life considerably; I would feel fine at having spent several times that, but there just aren't enough skins I actually want for champions I actually play.

Give me Nautilus base skin chromas Riot please...

Steam, LoL: credeiki
    edited October 2016
    Shivahn wrote: »

At least your condition turns you into a dinosaur, if I remember my Latin.

It has a chance of making my spine look like a dinosaur one heh. Ugh. Today I am going to have to walk a lot and try to stretch out in one of the unused conference rooms again. Neat.

But sorry all. Good Morning! Yay scary movie week. Last night I watched Sleepy Hallow. OOoooOOOOooooo.

Jubal77 on
  • Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular

rpweGh1.png

so free!

LoserForHireX credeiki spool32

how do you check this?

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
    credeiki wrote: »
    Oh, how can you tell? Does it say in the store somewhere?
    I have probably spent $70-100 over the course of 3-4 years on a game that I play for many hours each week and that enriches my life considerably; I would feel fine at having spent several times that, but there just aren't enough skins I actually want for champions I actually play.

yeah you can log in to privacy.riotgames.com and it'll show you (along with some other data which is kinda cool)

• A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    Morning. Slept well. I'm prepared to do all sorts of koboldy things today.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • credeikicredeiki Registered User regular

that's not so much

r-right

If you think of it as $/hour it's really low.

And you love playing League! Or so it seems. So I don't see the problem with funnelling a bunch of money into it.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular

Fuck you, artheroscleritis, family and medical leave act, leave without pay, absence without leave.

I ate an engineer

Burn it all down.

Sorry man that really sucks and sounds shady as hell.

credeiki wrote: »

naut is getting a cool aztec-ish skin soon!

Y0Z6nYO.png

This discussion has been closed.