Options

U mad?

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    He probably also should stop demonizing Muslims and review his Nazi connections

He probably should do a lot of things

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    The park honoring MCA in Brooklyn has been defaced with antisemetic and pro-Trump grafiti

I am very very angry

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    I am having another blind fury moment right now.

Just a cascade of tiny bullshit nothing minor annoyances and all of a sudden I am angry and myself, the universe, and everyone in it.

I am listening to a love ballad in this guy's taxi and the lyrics are PISSING ME OFF SO MUCH.

I need to get home and meditate.

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    sharon jones passed away too aghh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5eVHCQ4ogQ

poo
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »
    I am having another blind fury moment right now.

Just a cascade of tiny bullshit nothing minor annoyances and all of a sudden I am angry and myself, the universe, and everyone in it.

I am listening to a love ballad in this guy's taxi and the lyrics are PISSING ME OFF SO MUCH.

I need to get home and meditate.

Micro-aggressions for being a foreigner or some other cascade of tiny bullshit?

It was weird, some days in Japan I could just shrug it off and other days it was a death by a thousand cuts as each one just got a little bit under my skin until I was fuming.

• Options
    No, I find the little nattering ignorant comments are way less common in Taiwan. Nobody ever compliments me on my ability to eat with chopsticks for example.

This was me being stupid and my own insecurities about the future and myself as a person and Trump and my fucking phone not working and my love life and this fucking taxi driver talking to me when I don't wanna talk and just fucking

Deep breath.

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    sarukun wrote: »
    No, I find the little nattering ignorant comments are way less common in Taiwan. Nobody ever compliments me on my ability to eat with chopsticks for example.

This was me being stupid and my own insecurities about the future and myself as a person and Trump and my fucking phone not working and my love life and this fucking taxi driver talking to me when I don't wanna talk and just fucking

Deep breath.

That's really nice to hear!

And yeah I feel you. I think I've had like 5 Trump related stress incidents since the election results, or at least, compounded by Trump. Dude is like a cloud hanging over the world.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    I was chatting with a Canadian at a beer thing last night, and he was like, let's NOT talk about it, and it was really... Nice. Not that I don't think it's important to keep talking about it generally. But it was good to have conversation not about 2016: Hell Comes to Town

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    JC of DIJC of DI I think we're fucked up. I know I am.Registered User regular
    I'm so mad.

I would always have a thing where if I got super annoyed or frustrated then I'd get this pain in the base of my neck - the saying was actually true for me.

Like the past couple weeks it's now basically an entire shoulders-up aching pain that rarely subsides.

My job is wearing me down mentally so that despite a four days on, four days off schedule I feel like I need a day to recover and a day to prepare so it feels like I only really get two days off to be mentally away from the job. My housing situation, while great financially, just is exhausting and cramped with two roommates who I text more than actually see in person due to all of our weird schedules.

I keep telling myself I need to start meditating but if I actually get around to it we'll see how it works...

PJWczLu.png
  • Options
    I'ma cook for people and play some board games and try to get right before I go dancing tonight.

If that ain't work mebbe I stay in and drink.

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    I should go to Ikea.

On the other hand, Ikea on a Saturday.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    I wouldn't want to go to ikea in Singapore just because I'd hate getting everything back to the apartment.

• Options
    Blake T wrote: »
    I wouldn't want to go to ikea in Singapore just because I'd hate getting everything back to the apartment.

Delivery is your friend.

And one of the things that is weirdly affordable.

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    I just got irrationally angry at an iPhone commercial.

If I wanted animated balloons showing up in my text messages, I'd put in a gif or something.

And the lyrics of the song in the commercial are wrong.

And I really need to find a pillow to scream into.

• Options
    Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    EDDIE redmaynes's FACE

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Yesterday morning, just four hours into being asleep, my upstairs neighbors decided it was THROW FURNITURE AROUND & POUND ON WALLS TIME.

For some reason, the two possibilities I can think of being the owner company of my building and several others trying to force me out because I've been here nearly eight years and I help raise a storm when shit is broken, or the other one being that they just thought they could charge more for a shitty studio if they ripped up all the carpeting and padding and replaced it with wooden slats. I've been up there, it's wooden slats against the concrete between floors.

So after some time of them sliding furniture around, banging on the walls, stomping about, rolling wheeled tables; shit that was actually starting to make my bed shake, I grabbed my mop (because the mop head acts as a buffer against punching a hole in the plaster) and finally shut them up by pounding against the ceiling and screaming at them.

They stop whatever the fuck they were doing, I put the mop away, it's way too hot in the apartment because the shitty steam radiator is on, so I open the window. Which immediately exposes me to the insane screaming match of some junkies fighting over a dumpster next door that then goes on for two hours.

Oh and then I had to go work the closing shift without a full staff on a party night and I'm looking at multiple eight day stretches after Tuesday because we're losing people.

I want to stab everything in the face.

edit: AFAIK the place upstairs is being rented out by some rich asshole who doesn't actually live there. I've seen inside a couple of times from confronting them about the noise, there's barely any furniture, no decorations. It's just this one really tall French kid and a bunch of random club girls. Like somebodies parents rented a place for the kid to have near the bars.

Weaver on
  • Options
    I blew off some steam with my buddies and they liked my seven layer dip and I got a turkey for thanksgiving and I'm gonna go out tonight and try to get phone numbers and learn where people go for salsa lessons and try to add something else to do to my schedule here.

And I wouldn't be totally pissed off if I met a nice girl who wants to play some games and get some tea once in a dang while.

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I would like to do those things.

Come to South Africa.

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    I keep reading the thread title phonetically as "oooo mad?

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    I'm currently mad at this weak flesh body deciding to give up functioning properly right when I actually need it to be social and energetic.

Up yours, meat sack.

• Options
    edited November 2016
    I would like to do those things.

Come to South Africa.

My boss is from SA, he is going back next year.

I will see if I can fit in his luggage. :P

Edit: Real talk, I feel SO MUCH BETTER, I am so glad I came out tonight.

sarukun on
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Well in the US the law already decides if you're guilty or innocent based on the color of your skin (obviously not 100% of the time), I don't see why using other biases is so shocking.

Infuriating, absolutely, but as long as people are people, I think there are going to be assholes doing incorrect shit.

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Are you sure that the computer isn't just searching for the top bits of a dress shirt collar and suit jacket?

• Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    Are you sure that the computer isn't just searching for the top bits of a dress shirt collar and suit jacket?

I'd also be wondering about microexpressions.
    I mean, MAYBE they didn't train the classifier on mugshots vs professional headshots, because that would be incredibly stupid, right? Right?

But those sample images do not fill me with confidence. Who the hell reviewed this paper?

• Options
    KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    Ah, it's Arxiv. No one reviewed the paper.

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    JoeUser wrote: »

But I'd be more scared of Trump as a foreigner than a citizen.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »

“We have been accused on Internet of being irresponsible socially,” Wu said.

It's amazing what you can get away with nowadays just by saying it out loud.

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Quick tip: don't look at your older posts.

I want to punch my teenaged self in the fucking face

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular

I've been here since the very early 2000's. I've grown a lot but still, goddamn there is a horrible monster inside of me that I constantly have to tighten the chains on.

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Weaver wrote: »

I've been here since the very early 2000's. I've grown a lot but still, goddamn there is a horrible monster inside of me that I constantly have to tighten the chains on.

Yeah I feel that feel, dawg. Like, I remember being an angry little fuckin misanthropic douche, but I sure worry that I'm still that dude in some ways and it fuckin sucks.

• Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    I am mad that it is snowing outside.

I need to move to the tropics.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Only look at the posts that got Awesome'd or Agree'd, then?

sig.gif
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular

Man I hate my posts from last month. I'm not gonna go looking back to my early years.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    When I look at posts from my teenaged self I want to throttle past me not for being a horrid person, but for shit like naming a paladin Ferok Angelwing and then proceeding to RP fight with people who had Original The Characters from Naruto and Bleach (all of this on another forum that long ago died).

• Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    All my posts are gold

• Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular

Wait where? In Boston?

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    JoeUser wrote: »

Wait where? In Boston?

The entire northeast basically.

We've got about a foot this morning up here in Syracuse.

I half contemplated moving to Florida.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
This discussion has been closed.