Options

U mad?

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    my feet are wet since the sidewalk wasn't shoveled and it is a little upsetting

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Snow is the fucking worst.

• Options
    we should all get together and buy a tropical island to live on

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    There was that castle a while back

• Options
    MHqUxlr.png

this is why I am mad

• Options
    snowflakes the size of my god damned eye right now

thanks great lakes!

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    JoeUser wrote: »
    I am mad that it is snowing outside.

I need to move to the tropics.

Wait where? In Boston?

yeah, we didn't get a huge amount (only a "dusting" I'd guess, under an inch) and it had disappeared by midday. STILL, though - I expected to at least have another month before dealing with "frozen bullshit" coming out of the sky.

• Options
    Mid/End of december for snow? You're crazy!

• Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    Mid/End of december for snow? You're crazy!

Just kill it all. Kill it all with fire.

• Options
    edited November 2016
    I wish someone would

it's a whiteout again

fuck

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Edit: I am less mad, early dismissal!

bowen on
  • Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »
    Snow is the fucking worst.

I would disagree and assert that ice is worse, because you can at least see snow.

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    Some tourist started a wildfire on the mountain I live on. It's mostly under control now. But something like 28 acres burned up under the peak that everyone visits.

Everywhere outside of my cabin smells like smoke.

God damnit.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited November 2016
    whenever I see this thread title, I'm reminded of

i'm mad

but I ain't stressin

true friends

one question

Brolo on
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    I'm sort of angry? Frustrated? Something negative anyway, about the way I communicate, both here and in general.

I feel like, I dunno, like the only thing I really do is make witty remarks or jokes, and that my contribution of actual substance or conversation is close to nil. And that's when I'm not just lashing out in some way or another. It's like I'm only making a minimum of effort, just to get attention, without taking other people into account or expressing any actual opinion or thought.

Does that sound accurate at all? Do I need to work on this; fix it?

Enlong on
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Are we supposed to be doing something other than that?

Oh jeepers

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    I'm sort of angry? Frustrated? Something negative anyway, about the way I communicate, both here and in general.

I feel like, I dunno, like the only thing I really do is make witty remarks or jokes, and that my contribution of actual substance or conversation is close to nil. And that's when I'm not just lashing out in some way or another. It's like I'm only making a minimum of effort, just to get attention, without taking other people into account or expressing any actual opinion or thought.

Does that sound accurate at all? Do I need to work on this; fix it?

I feel like this most of the time, except the witty remarks or jokes part

I mostly just exist to talk about myself and occasionally my kids

• Options
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    Are we supposed to be doing something other than that?

Oh jeepers

I am also concerned now

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Well anyway, about my kids,

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Give me your snow

• Options
    Weaver wrote: »
    Give me your snow

Well, go on and take it, I'm not stopping you.

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    I'm mad that it's the first really nice weather we've had in a few months and I'm stuck inside with a murderous head cold.

• Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    I submitted a maintenance request to my landlord for a busted toilet on September 15th. That was 3 days after I moved in, and I'm given to understand the previous tenant had filed a similar request as early as August.

They just got around to sending someone to look at it today. They only bothered to warn me at 3pm today that he would be here at 4:30, which meant I had to leave work early and wait for the bus in the rain instead of catching a ride home at 5 like I usually do. The guy didn't actually show up until 6:30 though, and when he arrived, he didn't have the right tools or replacement parts. He claims he was never forwarded the photos I emailed my landlord where I clearly diagramed the broken parts. And now the only time he can come back is Friday, right in the middle of the work day. After that, he claims he is booked solid for the entire rest of 2016.

Proposed solution: I am going to start mailing my shits to the landlord's office for them to flush on my behalf.

(It's not actually that bad, I just have to manually refill the tank by turning on and off the water valve. But getting it taken care of is a big enough clusterfuck to justify at least one mason jar full of dookie, I feel.)

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Some days I just listen to this on repeat. I dunno, it's calming even when everything is going to hell. It gives me the mental image of someone with a gentle smile sitting in the middle of a series of clusterfucks going on in slow-motion around them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N3N1MlvVc4

• Options
    seems like if you were fixing a toilet you'd probably bring the right tools to fix the fill valve or the flapper

did he just show up with a fucking plunger or something

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    seems like if you were fixing a toilet you'd probably bring the right tools to fix the fill valve or the flapper

A mushroom and a flower.

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular

You mean a hand?

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Darmak wrote: »

You mean a hand?

I mean

sometimes you need like

a wrench or plumber's tape

but if it's what I'm thinking it is it's literally just the part and 25 seconds of effort

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    My toilet has been constantly trying and failing to fill its back tank for nearly a month.

I can manually press the bobber thing down to refill it, but apparently it no longer has the water pressure to even maintain proper fill after it has it. So I have to deal with constant water noise in my bedroom. Apparently I can expect the maintainance guys anywhere between tomorrow or half a month from now.

Enlong on
  • Options
    sounds like you both might have the same problem

$10 part at home depot and takes pretty much 30 seconds if you're coming in blind

if it's more than just the flapper, the fill valve is another $10 but that one requires tools and might be more than one is comfortable with

I usually don't leave the basic apartment maintenance up to my landlord because it'll never get done if I do that, easier for me to spend $20 out of pocket and not lose my mind in the 3-30 days it takes them to fix it

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Weaver wrote: »
    Give me your snow

["Take it all" scene from Ang Lee's Hulk]

• Options
    you guys ever had the faucet diverter drop out of the shower's faucet

that's a fun one to fix without replacing the faucet itself

what's even better is because you can still bathe they really really don't want to come out to fix it!

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Ugh home repairs

My washing machine isn't draining and hasn't since last week and the people I was told to contact about fixing it are impossible to get in touch with. I've got gross standing soapy water that I just shut the door on because I don't want dengue, but more urgently I am running out of clothes and my sheets need to be washed.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    how handy are you?

you could check the pump and see if there's a clog if you feel comfortable

• Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    Yeah, it's stuff that looks trashed a level deeper than what I think I could replace on my own. But even if it was a fix I could handle myself, as a matter of principle I never pay out of pocket for any repairs that are covered under a rental agreement.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    it was 80 here 2 days ago, gonna be in the mid 70s again tomorrow

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »

You mean a hand?

I mean

sometimes you need like

a wrench or plumber's tape

but if it's what I'm thinking it is it's literally just the part and 25 seconds of effort

I was actually making a silly joke about using my hand as a plunger, sorry about being dumb and unclear

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    how handy are you?

you could check the pump and see if there's a clog if you feel comfortable

I'm actually quite handy, but a couple of things are preventing me from fucking around with it myself -

1. I've had several people here strongly advocate against using repair people that the unit owner doesn't recommend, just in case you do and they come back and are like "Who did this? It was done wrong/that's too expensive" because then you're liable for the cost
    2. It's in a really awkward space to maneuver around
    3. The motor itself may be part of the problem, because it's making some... non-standard noises, shall we say, when you try to run a cycle
    4. I'm typically away from home almost 12 hours a day and then have to come home and take care of my dog and feed myself dinner and get ready for the next day, so I'm suuuper short on free time right now as a general rule.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Isn't the point of bonded insured contractors that if they do poor work it's covered by their bond?

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    MHqUxlr.png

this is why I am mad

I'm mad because I thought this was a gif and was waiting for something to happen.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
This discussion has been closed.