As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[The Flash]: New New Season

• Options
    kaceypkaceyp we stayed bright as lightning we sang loud as thunderRegistered User regular
    So I've just caught up on the thread after recently catching up on the last few episodes, and I just have to say thank god
    that Julian wasn't aware of being Alchemy and wasn't secretly evil the whole time (unless they triple-swerve later, god forbid). I'm interested to see how he fits in after this.

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    kaceyp wrote: »
    So I've just caught up on the thread after recently catching up on the last few episodes, and I just have to say thank god
    that Julian wasn't aware of being Alchemy and wasn't secretly evil the whole time (unless they triple-swerve later, god forbid). I'm interested to see how he fits in after this.
    I think you're jumping the gun.
    He's totally going to turn out to be evil.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    I think you're jumping the gun.
    He's totally going to turn out to be evil.
    They could copy Wells and just make him a good guy that's also just a dick to everyone.

sig.gif
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Either way I'm sure he won't stick around.

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    He's going to try to be good, but still be kind of a dick about it so everyone won't like him, so when he gets the chance to embrace being evil, he'll take it.
    And the moral is; always be nice to people even if they're dicks, or they'll choose to be monsters.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    klemming wrote: »
    He's going to try to be good, but still be kind of a dick about it so everyone won't like him, so when he gets the chance to embrace being evil, he'll take it.
    And the moral is; always be nice to people even if they're dicks, or they'll choose to be monsters.
    Barry's mentors are exempt from this rule.

Harry Dresden on
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited December 2016

Hes going to see Barry dropping of his son Eobard Joseph at school and nod embarassingly

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    JonBobJonBob Registered User regular
    Albus Scarfy Potter

jswidget.php?username=JonBob&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    My money's still on noble sacrifice to save Team Flash.
    He'll still be a dick to them, but when the time comes he's going to be the one to jump in front of the bullet or speedster or whatever and prove he was a hero all along.

And then he'll never be mentioned again.

• Options
    My end of season predictions.
    Star labs as,we know it is becoming the Flash Museum and Team Flash is moving to the Hall of justice facility. Theyll have to step it up because the sorcerors philosophers stone is gonna,explode giving millions meta powers

• Options
    Mr KhanMr Khan Not Everyone WAHHHRegistered User regular
    Millions would be a bit much. Though it would be necessary if Supergirl, Superman, and Martian Manhunter are now a part of this world. Everything needs to get bigger somehow, and Flash is the right series to pull that off.

• Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    He'll still be a dick to them, but when the time comes he's going to be the one to jump in front of the bullet or speedster or whatever and prove he was a hero all along.

Wrong.
    Caitlyn will mention him once per episode as she breaks into tears because she fell in love with him 3 nanoseconds before his sacrifice.

• Options
    edited December 2016
    Mr Khan wrote: »
    Millions would be a bit much. Though it would be necessary if Supergirl, Superman, and Martian Manhunter are now a part of this world. Everything needs to get bigger somehow, and Flash is the right series to pull that off.

In DCU proper there are millions of civvie metas. Theyre slowly showing there are heroes in other cities anyway this would let them cherry pick guest stars and baddies. Also it would shift the weird all metas are evil theme the show has right now

King Riptor on
  • Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    Terrendos wrote: »

Wrong.
    Caitlyn will mention him once per episode as she breaks into tears because she fell in love with him 3 nanoseconds before his sacrifice.
    And then she will turn into Killer Frost because having her heart broken by two of the loves of her life is just too much to bear.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    lwt1973 wrote: »
    Terrendos wrote: »

Wrong.
    And then she will turn into Killer Frost because having her heart broken by two of the loves of her life is just too much to bear.
    Three? She had a thing with Fake-Jay too, right?

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Honestly Caitlin making overtures to Julian almost made me want to quit the Flash for good. Like jesus christ flash writers.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    kaceypkaceyp we stayed bright as lightning we sang loud as thunderRegistered User regular
    Apropos of nothing, am I the only one who is perpetually distracted by the fact that every person on the show pronounces it "starLABS"? Like always with the emphasis on the second word. I can't speak for most people but that would not be my natural inclination.

• Options
    Preacher wrote: »
    Honestly Caitlin making overtures to Julian almost made me want to quit the Flash for good. Like jesus christ flash writers.

I think she was legit just being nice to a guy that had serious leverage on Barry and Her

• Options

I think she was legit just being nice to a guy that had serious leverage on Barry and Her

Knowing the flash writers, nope she's cock thirsty for Julian.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    InvectivusInvectivus Registered User regular
    She can't kill him with her Frost Powers,

so she'll just start a relationship with him and try to make it three for three

• Options

Flash writers, no! Bad writers!

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Forget Julian, Caitlin will totally fall for Savitar.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    skeldare wrote: »
    Forget Julian, Caitlin will totally fall for Savitar.

He's a man of mystery, tall and ambitious!

Harry Dresden on
  • Options
    Honestly I could see Caitlin schmoozing up to Julian to get him to unpower her with his alchemy stuff.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Good article on 5 Ways 'The Flash' Can Make Its Villains More Interesting.

Never thought about it but Savitar is Zoom + Reverse Flash.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    I seriously hope season 4 has less of an overarching storyline and focuses more on standalone episodes and Flash's other villains.

skeldare on
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    skeldare wrote: »
    I seriously hope season 4 has less of an overarching storyline and focuses more on standalone episodes and Flash's other villains.

What's that more time travel and three speed villains who all mentored flash at one time? Sure I guess?

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Mr KhanMr Khan Not Everyone WAHHHRegistered User regular
    Just get away from speedsters in general, overarching plots are fine. Bring back Snart and have him make a "Rogues Society," bring back Grodd and have him build the Secret Society from JLU, or hell, even have him steal the plot from JLU where his big plan for the Secret Society was to build a weapon that would turn humans into apes.

Go full Silver Age with this shit, but with the pastiche of teen angst that CW lends. It would be glorious.

• Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    Grodd turning all the humans into apes needs to be a crossover storyline.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Description for the next episode:
    Borrowing Problems from the Future
    Barry (Grant Gustin) and Team Flash try to figure out a way to change the future to save Iris (Candice Patton) from her inevitable death. The only way for them to do that is to go back to the future. Wally West (Keiynan Lonsdale) will be suiting up as Kid Flash as he teams up with Barry. Will these guys be successful in changing the future and stop Savitar or will the future remain unaltered by their actions?

...Just ignore everything that Dad Flash said about not going into the future.

• Options
    I'm so glad that Barry learns obvious lessons well.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Stupid character limits on thread titles.
    Also not wanting to spoil that synopsis in the thread title.

Also also, actually returns next Tuesday.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    Huh, note in the thread this is back and I still totally forget about it.

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Huh, note in the thread this is back and I still totally forget about it.
    Jan. 23-25 for our CW JL.

• Options
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Yea, super annoyed because that appears to be a change from when I looked it up above. It's for the best because I completely forgot about it but that was a big change on like a weeks notice. Between this and iZombie being back in April I am vexed with the CW scheduling.

• Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Yea, super annoyed because that appears to be a change from when I looked it up above. It's for the best because I completely forgot about it but that was a big change on like a weeks notice. Between this and iZombie being back in April I am vexed with the CW scheduling.

Too many shows not enough time.

LostNinja on
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Guess who's coming back

skeldare on
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    LostNinja wrote: »

If only. CW has what, 10 shows? Out of how many hours of the week, much less primetime? TV is screwed up top to bottom pretty much.

• Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    LostNinja wrote: »

If only. CW has what, 10 shows? Out of how many hours of the week, much less primetime? TV is screwed up top to bottom pretty much.

A quick look at the shows listed as currently running on their app shows:

1) Flash
    2) Arrow
    3) Legends of Tomorrow
    4) Supergirl
    5) Supernatural
    6) Vampire Diaries
    7) The Originals
    8) My Crazy Ex
    9) Jane the Virgin
    10) The 100
    11) iZombie
    12) Frequency
    13) No Tomorrow
    14) Reign
    15) Who's Line
    16) Master's of illusion
    17) Penn & Teller: Fool Us
    18) Riverdale (this show appears to premiere later this year)

CW only has 10 hours a week to schedule programming (2 hours prime time). They don't air original content on weekends because their core audience isn't home watching TV then, and networks never show original scripted content throughout the day except maybe soaps, and even those appear to be dying out now.

With two of those that I know of being half hour shows, that's still 17 hours of content, 7 more than they can air in a week the way their schedule is set up if they keep the usual Fall to Summer schedule, which is why they have the staggered schedules (the point I was originally making).

LostNinja on