As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[The Flash]: New New Season

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Sorce wrote: »
    Reverse Flash is the one that b0rked "present day" Arrow-verse.
    Nah, it's still Barry's fault for trying to change the timeline. Dude should have known better by now.

Reverse Flash is the real hero of this franchise.

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Nah, it's still Barry's fault for trying to change the timeline. Dude should have known better by now.

Yeah, he's never tried to change the timeline.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    Yeah, hopefully he will have learned his lesson and never change the time line again.

So whose excited for him changing the timeline to save Iris?

Changing time is just something the Flash does. These complaints make me laugh because this is just an aspect of the Flash in the comics. If he learned from his mistakes in the show about this, then he wouldn't be Barry Allen. Barry has broken time and space in the comics numerous times, and in one case completely erased his entire universe permanently. Barry has the single most dangerous powerset in all of DC, and for some reason the rest of the universe is just cool with that. :P

The thing is - Flash usually isn't this and with time traveling. Then again, I started the comics with Waid's Wally, who used that gift sparingly and didn't screw up the time line with it. When he did have trouble it was getting traded in eras when his anchor to Linda was fading.

edit: Flash is an IP where the creators need to be sure to establish rules, matter how silly they are, to be consistent and not the ultimate game changer (since the Speed Force already is in many cases and this applies to his speedster powers in general). Can't make him to powerful or too stupid or it falls apart, all they need is the barely hint of a method to madness.

Harry Dresden on
  • Options
    klemming wrote: »

Yeah, he's never tried to change the timeline.

What's weird is that everyone agrees his time line was the best line line.

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    klemming wrote: »
    It's funny to me how they try to say 'going back in time and trying to alter the future is a bad idea', and he never counters with the fact that he's saved them from a tsunami and magical super-nuke so far.

Well both those were less than 24 hours. It seems like the further back you go the worse shit gets

Especially when you ask an evil man who thinks he's the anti-you to go and fix things for you.

Can't imagine how that going wrong could have been anticipated.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    So not Flash show stuff, but still...

Barry isn't the fastest man alive...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9n3xvEo040

• Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    No one ever learns.

Press release synopsis for episode 15:

SAVITAR VISITS WALLY – While training with Barry (Grant Gustin), Wally (Keiynan Lonsdale) starts to have visions of Savitar, which he hides from the team. A dangerous secret threatens Barry and Iris’ (Candice Patton) happiness. Alexandra La Roche directed the episode written by Andrew Kreisberg & Andrew Wilder (#315). Original airdate 3/7/2017.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    lwt1973 wrote: »
    No one ever learns.

Press release synopsis for episode 15:

SAVITAR VISITS WALLY – While training with Barry (Grant Gustin), Wally (Keiynan Lonsdale) starts to have visions of Savitar, which he hides from the team. A dangerous secret threatens Barry and Iris’ (Candice Patton) happiness. Alexandra La Roche directed the episode written by Andrew Kreisberg & Andrew Wilder (#315). Original airdate 3/7/2017.

The secret is she likes Fifty Shades of Grey.

• Options
    Yea, at this point if the Flash synopsis includes the word "hide" in any form the script should be used to beat the writers (or more likely CW exes) responsible senseless.

• Options
    So...
    Humans are bad so we're going to go to another earth to stop them?

I also found amusing the defense against Flash's argument is: "I'm a gorilla."

Overall, I enjoyed the episode but had to ignore the show's logic in some parts.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    16683840_1477442458956318_7850138274851510420_n.jpg?oh=7b17b7ade7b095c456277dcdba4530b1&oe=59403712

Schrodinger on
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Yeah, Barry needs to stop saying he's the fastest man alive. It's just not true.

sig.gif
  • Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    lwt1973 wrote: »
    So...
    Humans are bad so we're going to go to another earth to stop them?

I also found amusing the defense against Flash's argument is: "I'm a gorilla."

Overall, I enjoyed the episode but had to ignore the show's logic in some parts.

For Grodd,
    it wasn't about gorillas vs. humans, it was about the Flash throwing him into another dimension.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    So gorillas are faster than barry? Like jesus flash writers remember for once regular creatures should not stand a fucking chance.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    So gorillas are faster than barry? Like jesus flash writers remember for once regular creatures should not stand a fucking chance.

Earth-2 gorillas are faster than Barry.

Also, fastest man alive*.

*not counting all the others faster than him

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Jebus314Jebus314 Registered User regular
    Yea, at this point if the Flash synopsis includes the word "hide" in any form the script should be used to beat the writers (or more likely CW exes) responsible senseless.

While I would vastly prefer them to just stop using the same plot devices *cough*evil speedster is faster than barry*cough*, it would be pretty awesome if they did an alternate episode to play off the whole everyone keeps lying thing.

In the episode we would get to see things from barry's perspective and he's constantly having bad dreams, or seeing things that aren't there, or making connections that turn out to be nothing, and everyone around him is constantly asking him if he's ok or whatever. So he has to constantly try and filter the things that don't mater from the things that do.

Then of course the key element for the case will turn out to be one of the things he had put aside as nothing. With the end of the episode having everyone give him a hard time for hiding things and Barry is just thinking like how the hell am I supposed to know what is normal and what is important?

"The world is a mess, and I just need to rule it" - Dr Horrible
  • Options
    Also boo on the "previously on the flash" for giving away the ending of the episode thanks jerk.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »

Earth-2 gorillas are faster than Barry.

Also, fastest man alive*.

*not counting all the others faster than him

They really need to cut that shit out, yeah.

And to top it off when he is moving he...runs in circles....

• Options
    Like seriously whoever stages the arrow fights explain how a fight should work for a dude who runs super fast? Please? I get that Barry's speed makes it hard for things to be real threats without him being an idiot, but maybe don't rely on him being dumb so much?

"yes I do need cisco to remind me of my powers, also for some reason I have to run around way longer than ever before to throw lightning because plot."

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    So as always when this thing crops up I'd suggest they need to hire a booker for wrestling matches. The whole idea of how to lose while retaining an appearance of competence is something they face all the time and at least understand is pretty important to selling their whole thing. This episode was just annoying with twice Flash getting taken out by really slow moving projectiles. Once it was a few seconds after he announced they were in a trap! Barry could have run to Nebraska in the time between that statement and him getting shot with a blowdart!

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    I really love the Tom Felton show. There are some supporting characters that are a little meh, and a speedster that seems to think he's the hero I guess? But dude is really just the comic relief, he falls for everything and is laughably inept.

Also all the Harrison Wells can stay.

• Options
    This was... not a good two parter at all. To put it very mildly.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular

At this point I'm only watching The Flash out of habit and the fact that occasionally characters from there will escape to better shows.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited March 2017

Nah it was fine. If you were expecting Planet of the apes on a tv budget I dont know what to tell you

I have serious issues with Gorilla citys presentation though

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    The best part of this episode was Tom Cavanagh's big reveal.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular

I don't know, it didn't seem like a huge shock that HR was an idiot.

• Options
    edited March 2017

Nah it was fine. If you were expecting Planet of the apes on a tv budget I dont know what to tell you

An entire episode was dedicated to "OMIGAW, ARMY COMING, NO WAY TO STOP IT" only for the heroic solution to be "ask the sidekick to ask someone else to go ask someone else to 1v1 Grodd and then HONOR."

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options

Can we please get Harrison Wells on Legends of Tomorrow? He and Sarah can get into a duel of steely glares.

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    I just want a Flash season villian who isn't a speedster. Like another Turtle (maybe he's not dead after Flashpoint) or teleporters, shadow people, hypnotist, just some one interesting. Like give me a Lex Luthor or Max Lord villian. Just someone who isn't about speed.

• Options
    KizmittKizmitt Registered User regular
    So the rest of the season is Cisco trapped in his broadened vibe session right?
    We never saw him come out of it and it was an odd scene to talk about how dangerous it was only for him to see street signs and then nothing.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular

An entire episode was dedicated to "OMIGAW, ARMY COMING, NO WAY TO STOP IT" only for the heroic solution to be "ask the sidekick to ask someone else to go ask someone else to 1v1 Grodd and then HONOR."

Listen thats how things roll in Gorilla City.
    Literally. Grodd and Solavar just fight each other for power

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options

Imagine if the two strongest in Human City did that.

• Options

But since Solovar got a mulligan, where's Grodd's? Game, set, match.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    The gorillas looked so goofy. But now I wanna see the planet where King Shark leads all the giant shark people and they fight with ancient Samurai weapons or whatever.

But no Tom Felton, so -999/10. Not even multiple Harrison Wells and Jessie Quick (briefly) being the mistress of her narrative destiny could overcome that.

• Options
    The gorillas looked so goofy. But now I wanna see the planet where King Shark leads all the giant shark people and they fight with ancient Samurai weapons or whatever.

But no Tom Felton, so -999/10. Not even multiple Harrison Wells and Jessie Quick (briefly) being the mistress of her narrative destiny could overcome that.

Jesse Quick and Kid Flash should both go to Earth 2 with Harrison Wells and be the stars of a much better show, where people don't keep stupid secrets from each other and hash out their differences immediately when they're pissed.

• Options

Jesse Quick and Kid Flash should both go to Earth 2 with Harrison Wells and be the stars of a much better show, where people don't keep stupid secrets from each other and hash out their differences immediately when they're pissed.

It can't be on the CW then. I think that is written in all the contracts.

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    "Don't kill Grood Barry, you're better than that!"

*Barry runs headfirst into a shield practically*

*Barry sets it up so Grood will likely be killed*

They're either all morons or they're wisely trying to bump Barry off.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I liked the bit with Wally and Wells
    He lies and says he's dying (technically doesn't lie but c'mon) and as soon as Jessie finds out she just walks in and shuts that shit down immediately.

• Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    My money on the Grodd plot resolution was on the team taking a gorilla disease from our Earth called gorillitis and infecting the invading army with it because they'd never been exposed.

The episode managed to exceed that lowest of low bars so I consider it a success.

• Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Eh, it was a fun crossover. It gave me what I expected. It was fun watching Wells reaction to HR.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!