As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[The Elder Scrolls Online] It's the 2nd Era, so is this Oblivion 2, or Oblivion -1?

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Someone actually came up with a viable stamina healer build, using Warden.

Yes, you heard that right. There is finally a Stamina Healer.

https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/6eoyip/guide_yffres_guardian_stamina_warden_pve_healer/

It's not ever going to be THE BEST EVAR but it's a wonderful exercise in "fuck the meta I do what I want"

It's a neat idea but also highlights some things I find really annoying about ESO skills. The main heal is Vigor from the pvp Assault skill line and Orbs is the last active skill from the Undaunted skill line which is a pain to raise unless you're already doing pledges. Making non-templar healers more viable should be done in a way that doesn't require them to be substandard healers in dungeons for a few weeks beforehand and in general having very important PvE stamina PvE skills gated by PvP is awful.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Just got my boxed CE in. Naryu's Journal is simply beautiful. The dwemer statue is freaking huge though. I have no idea what I'm going to do with it...

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited June 2017
    whelp, Morrowind is my fave ES game so guess who just upgraded their ESO account to Morrowind

(hint, it was me)

I haven't played since this thing launched in 2014. Oh god, I'll have no idea what I'm doing. I guess I'll just make a total new character?

edit - so uh ESO Plus seems totally not worth it? Unless I'm missing something?

Hardtarget on
    steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Hardtarget wrote: »
    whelp, Morrowind is my fave ES game so guess who just upgraded their ESO account to Morrowind

(hint, it was me)

I haven't played since this thing launched in 2014. Oh god, I'll have no idea what I'm doing. I guess I'll just make a total new character?

Subbing? TOTALLY worth it. Bottomless bag for crafting materials, double the bank space... there's other minor stuff, but those are easily worth the price (to me, anyway).

Edit: Oh, also free access to all the DLCs as long as you're subbed.

Pixelated Pixie on
    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular

(hint, it was me)

Subbing? TOTALLY worth it. Bottomless bag for crafting materials, double the bank space... there's other minor stuff, but those are easily worth the price (to me, anyway).

Edit: Oh, also free access to all the DLCs as long as you're subbed.

You also get 1500 crowns / month, so basically the cost of your sub in crowns, which means you can save up over time for really nice cosmetic items and housing. I, for one, genuinely wish I had the crowns to get a pre-furnished house, because that saves you A LOT of time and effort in the long run when it comes to making your house look nice.

Speaking as someone who doesn't sub... if I could sub, I totally would. I can't, because I can't justify a subscription when my monthly income fluctuates wildly due to being a freelancer, but I would if I had stable income for sure.

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    Have you all noticed horrendous choppiness in the last few days? I can't tell if it's a latency thing. My rig crushes this game and it just started happening a few days ago.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    Have you all noticed horrendous choppiness in the last few days? I can't tell if it's a latency thing. My rig crushes this game and it just started happening a few days ago.

I've had some issues and people have bitched about it in map chat, yeah. My initial assumption was just that things load slow because we JUST patched and so getting all those textures and whatever loaded the first time takes time, but maybe I'm wrong.

• Options

(hint, it was me)

There are benefits but nothing earth shattering. Really depends on how much those $15 and more need to keep things organized are for you.

I actually sell my excess crafting materials instead of letting them pile up in amounts that will never be used and that's part of why I'm about halfway to affording one of the largest houses via gold that other people often get via crowns.

I also bought crowns when they were on sale while the crowns you get via sub are at the standard non-sale rate.

Mind you I also have 2 alts that do nothing but act as pack mules currently.

I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular

I've had some issues and people have bitched about it in map chat, yeah. My initial assumption was just that things load slow because we JUST patched and so getting all those textures and whatever loaded the first time takes time, but maybe I'm wrong.

I ran a repair from the launcher, update my gpu drivers, and rebooted. Not sure which worked but it did.

I'd like to know the root cause though.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    So I have heard some rumbling that Silks of the Sun might be better than Burning Spell Weave for magika DKs now.

I am not sure if that's true -- remember that Silks has a +HP thing in the setlist, while BSW is purely magika and magic damage -- and I was wondering if anyone had details on that and whether it's true or not.

I did post to the ESO builds subreddit, but that place seems pretty dead, and it seems gauche to post to the main ESO subreddit so soon (I may do it tomorrow if nobody responds between now and then)

• Options
    So I have heard some rumbling that Silks of the Sun might be better than Burning Spell Weave for magika DKs now.

I am not sure if that's true -- remember that Silks has a +HP thing in the setlist, while BSW is purely magika and magic damage -- and I was wondering if anyone had details on that and whether it's true or not.

I did post to the ESO builds subreddit, but that place seems pretty dead, and it seems gauche to post to the main ESO subreddit so soon (I may do it tomorrow if nobody responds between now and then)

Most of the ESO subsubreddits seem less active. That said, Thursday is Theorycraft day on the main subreddit and would be the best time to ask if you get no response over at Tamriel Foundry.

Steam Profile
  • Options

Most of the ESO subsubreddits seem less active. That said, Thursday is Theorycraft day on the main subreddit and would be the best time to ask if you get no response over at Tamriel Foundry.

I got a response and mostly the answer seems to be "the extra HP lets you run Witchmother's Potent Brew for the extra regen" which is sorta true

The REAL truth is that 1. I can BUY GOLD JEWELRY APPARENTLY and 2. I can in general JUST FUCKING BUY Silks, so I may go for Silks + Julianos. Because it's way easier to grind for gold via larceny and murder and buy stuff than it is to endure goddamn CoA over and over.

• Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Got started in Morrowind last night. Seyda Neen was cool, wish there was more to do. Ancestor of Fargoth or something. Wonder if there will be more to do at Firemoth Island later, cool that they incorporated what was once a minor DLC area.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    Which one of you was it that built that massive treehouse around Bouldertree Refuge? I was talking about housing stuff on Reddit and somebody would like to see pictures of your work.

• Options
    ReddayeReddaye Registered User regular
    I apologize if this has been asked, but do I need to be in the Aldmeri Dominion to join the main PA guild? Thinking of buying this as a change of pace MMO and wouldn't mind some friendly faces, but I haven't settled on a faction.

• Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    With the changes to the game any faction can play with any other faction now. Play whatever race and class you want, you can still group up for everything except the PVP stuff with anyone of any level.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    different alliances can't join each others guilds can they?

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Guilds are cross-faction and account-wide, actually.

• Options
    edited June 2017
    ok cool

is Pax Arcadia still active?

Xehalus on
  • Options
    Xehalus wrote: »
    ok cool

Yes. Relatively. There's generally about a half-dozen people on whenever I check the list.

Unrelated:
    Can I just say that it makes me happy that they continued the tradition of things in Morrowind being hidden in tree stumps? That was one of my favorite things in TES3... checking every tree stump in the world for phat lewt.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    ok cool

Hell yeah we are.

What's your username in the game?

In other news, the new DLC was announced last night.

https://bethesda.net/en/article/Q4uYy517UaosSsAicOiUA/eso-morrowind-new-dlc-announced?utm_medium=bitly&utm_source=SocialMedia

Falkreath Hold will be part of a dungeon pack much like Ruins of Mazzatun.

Clockwork City is going to be some sort of explorable quest zone (!)

• Options
    Did end up buying this, and slowly installing it. I got a little pissed off when the percentage bar barely moved all day while I was at work. Apparently the status is for the entire installation, not just the download. Kinda weird.

• Options
    Picked this up a couple of days ago and I've been plugging away at it off and on since then. Really enjoying it so far. I love how everything scales to you, so you can keep questing in areas and you never out level anything. So far this has been a great change of pace from WoW.

Could someone send me a guild invite? My username is Reddaye.

• Options
    ok cool

Hell yeah we are.

What's your username in the game?

same as the forum

• Options
    edited June 2017
    Regarding the hostile tribe of exile/outlaw ashlanders in Vvardenfell, I don't like that they just called them "Red Exiles." Every other tribe has an appropriately tribal name like Urshilaku (inherited from ES3). Seems weird to me that a native tribe would call themselves something in the common tongue. They're not a gang of outsiders. Feels more to me like the writers felt they couldn't live up to the linguistic patterns from ES3 and gave up.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    Someone collected a bunch of community questions and interviewed ZOS with them during E3

Of particular note:
    Do you have plans for a transmogrification system?

There are, we’ve talked about that publicly. For readers who don’t know what that is, it’s a system where you can take your favorite armor attributes and apply it on the visual appearance of the armor that you want to wear.

We have talked about working on such a system and we are; we don’t know when it’s going to launch. It is pretty technically complex. We’re committed to doing it but we don’t know exactly in which update it will be.

Do you have any plans for a respec overhaul to make it easier for players to change their specs?

Yes, we’ve also talked publicly about that and what players have asked for specifically is the ability to just choose one skill line and respec that instead of everything, which of course takes forever and you have to remember everything that you had before.

We’re working on it now but again, not exactly sure what update is going to be in.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    Transmogrification is so ridiculously high on my wishlist.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    Transmogrification is so ridiculously high on my wishlist.

Were they displayed, two of my characters have their Best In Slot monster hats that look like this:

Kragh-Male-Front_thumb.jpg
    Grothdarr-Female-Front_thumb.jpg

A third has one that is less ugly but still pretty damn ugly.

So yeah, any sort of ability to swap the appearance of gear is high on my wish list.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    Jealous DevaJealous Deva Registered User regular
    So, main is 41, just finished rivenspire (did theives guild and auridion in addition to daggerfall line), should I head to wwardenfell, do orsinium, do dark brotherhood, or continue on with the main story next? Can't decide.

• Options
    So, main is 41, just finished rivenspire (did theives guild and auridion in addition to daggerfall line), should I head to wwardenfell, do orsinium, do dark brotherhood, or continue on with the main story next?

Yes.

Well, I'd suggest doing Orsinium after the main story as it's supposed to take place after it but everything else has reasons to recommend it.

DB can be a good idea to do as early as possible for a few reasons. First, bounty fines increase with level. Below level 10, being caught murdering someone is less than 10 coins to pay off. But besides that, you get a good chunk of skill points from the DB quest line, the DB skill line passive that dramatically decreases your aggro radius while mounted is a huge quality of life perk. On top of that, the zone has a few types of dailies that can reward/drop the 4 crafting motif styles unique to the DLC zone. Arena and Folly, the two world boss dailies, don't see as much traffic anymore with Morrowind being the new hotness but the delve and DB sacrament dailies are solo affairs that can be very rewarding.

The main story rewards a lot of skill points and some elements of DLC content either doesn't make as much sense without having completed the main story or has character interactions change to be more in depth if you've done the main story.

Vvardenfell also has a set of 4 dailies you can pick up (though as with similar daily quests others can share the ones you didn't roll with you as long as you haven't already turned in that daily already that day, hence the zone messages about "LFM for x world boss, have daily quest to share") that can reward crafting motifs but require some quests to unlock them. The split is 1 world boss daily, 1 delve daily, and 2 open world dailies.

Unlocking the Vvardenfell dailies would be a good idea no matter what else you do. They're good for days you only have a short period of time to play.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Regarding the hostile tribe of exile/outlaw ashlanders in Vvardenfell, I don't like that they just called them "Red Exiles." Every other tribe has an appropriately tribal name like Urshilaku (inherited from ES3). Seems weird to me that a native tribe would call themselves something in the common tongue. They're not a gang of outsiders. Feels more to me like the writers felt they couldn't live up to the linguistic patterns from ES3 and gave up.

If you pay attention to the lore, they're not actually a tribe. At all. They're totally unrelated Ashlanders who were exiled from different tribes for whatever reason, a few of whom banded together in a loose confederation that what's-his-face took advantage of. So like, you might meet a rando Red Exile on the road who has NOTHING to do with the ones currently at Ald'rhun, because that guy was exiled for, idk, saying "maybe this Vivec guy isn't so bad," while the Ald'rhun exiles were exiled for, idk, picking their nose offensively at their tribe's Wise Woman.

The point is, THEY AREN'T A TRIBE. It's a catchall term for people from ANY tribe who were exiled FROM said tribe for fucking up, for WHATEVER reason they fucked up. Some of them just happened to get together to air grievances at Ald'rhun, and "I'm Calling Myself the Nerevarine in the 2nd Era, This Can't Possibly Go Badly For Me" took advantage of their anger to get them on his side.

Lucid_Seraph on
  • Options
    I am pretty sure the lady offering the main story quest at Ald'ruhn said they were former exiles (generic term) who banded together and formed their own tribe and are now calling themselves the Red Exiles.

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    serverrrrr I want to pick more flowers let me onnnn

• Options
    yeah literally everything is down

pc is down, xbawx is down, ps4 is down

it's all down

time to get down???? idk. I should go to bed and stop staring forlornly at my screen I guess.

• Options
    edited June 2017
    New crown crates now. List of items here. Man they are cool. Sadly they got some new ultra-rare mounts you can ONLY get from crates, can't buy with gems...

yK9bey0.jpg

UncleSporky on
  • Options
    Operative21Operative21 Registered User regular
    Oh man oh man oh man. I have been dreaming of owning a mechanical dwemer horse pretty much since this game launched. I must have one.

• Options
    Heads up to Ash Housewares peeps: I think I forgot to put mats back in the guild bank after doing my dailies yesterday, so if you're like "ack we've been robbed!" that was me. I'll put them back today shortly.

• Options
    As of this writing, the Guild Trader in the Belkarth Outlaw's Refuge is actually open o_O

Pax Arcadia folks, would you like me to hire him? Our very own guild trader...?

• Options
    Go for it.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    Well, how odd. It said "Hire guild trader," and there didn't appear to be an associated store, but it wouldn't let me hire him outright. /shrug? In any case, I used the 27k in the guild bank to put in a bid. If we win, I should know on Sunday. If not, I apologize for using up the tiny 27k in the guild bank and will replace it myself, I guess.

If we DO get the trader there, I'll start some sort of weekly donation drive to try to keep him. I don't imagine we'll get a hell of a lot of traffic down there, but it's worth a go.