As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[The Elder Scrolls Online] It's the 2nd Era, so is this Oblivion 2, or Oblivion -1?

• Options
    JutranjoJutranjo Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Aww :(

No, I saw this https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/10millionstories

Obv. don't live in the right country but the ingame thing is global I think? Oh, it's from Nov 30th.

Jutranjo on
  • Options
    SutibunRiSutibunRi Montreal, Quebec, CanadaRegistered User regular
    It is always fun seeing the "except residents of Quebec" in the official rules for contests. :sad:

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    If you're playing on the XB1, you can get a free pet that seems to be based on the latest DLC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dd04C_did8

• Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    Logging back in on PC for the first time in forever. Any outstanding guild requests I need to process for either Ash Housewares or PAX Arcadia?

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    I would not be opposed to invites! (and apparently you got my friend request! The game gave me zero feedback that had been sent properly.)

• Options
    SutibunRi wrote: »
    I would not be opposed to invites! (and apparently you got my friend request! The game gave me zero feedback that had been sent properly.)

The game is bad at that. What is your username, again? I'll properly guild you tomorrow.

• Options
    I'm using SutibunRi for ESO as well.

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    @Lucid_Seraph

I just mailed you a nirncrux for cloth shoulders so I can finish up my clothier research.

Steel Angel on
    Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    @Lucid_Seraph

I just mailed you a nirncrux for cloth shoulders so I can finish up my clothier research.

I am at PAX Unplugged, but I will do this when I return next Wednesday!

• Options
    DarkMechaDarkMecha The Outer SpaceRegistered User regular
    I noticed DL Gamer has morrowind on sale for 20 bucks...is that site legit?

Steam Profile | My Art | NID: DarkMecha (SW-4787-9571-8977) | PSN: DarkMecha
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    DarkMecha wrote: »

... both Steam and gog.com have Morrowind for $15.

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    august wrote: »

The elder scrolls online expansion. Not TES3: Morrowind.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    august wrote: »

Are we talking ES3: Morrowind or TESO: Morrowind? I was assuming that, since this is the TESO thread, DarkMecha was talking about TESO: Morrowind, so I was a bit confused when I searched Steam and couldn't find this $15 thing you mentioned.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    Uh oops.

• Options
    edited November 2017
    I was talking about ESO Morrowind, not the original. That I still have my original copy of somewhere lol.

Just not sure of DL Gamer because I've not used them before and I want to avoid the sites that are basically like not really legit yanno?

*Edit - Well according to the game deals reddit its an ok site so I may just pick morrowind up. On the other hand I'm also kind of tempted to wait and find it on sale for ps4 as a couch mmo would be quite fun to have. Hrm decisions...

DarkMecha on
  • Options
    GrebnuGrebnu Registered User regular
    I bought the Morrowind upgrade (digital, basic) for 16,90€ today. Not bad, I'd say.

From CDON.com, if there's fellow Nordics in need. Or at least Finnish.

• Options
    @Lucid_Seraph

Done! Check yer mail.

• Options
    I grabbed Morrowind on PS4 for 30 bucks off the PSN sale so that I could play it on the couch. Relaxing times slaying mud crabs await!

• Options
    GrebnuGrebnu Registered User regular
    Thinkin about making a Warden to adventure in Morrowind. Champion points are account shared, right?

I liked the warden in the beta, it was pretty fun. And of course bears are life, so there's that. They are so wise and outright nice animals.

And then I could equp the guy with my main's products, he's maxed almost every craft by now. Only need to research stuff.

• Options
    Grebnu wrote: »
    Thinkin about making a Warden to adventure in Morrowind. Champion points are account shared, right?

I liked the warden in the beta, it was pretty fun. And of course bears are life, so there's that. They are so wise and outright nice animals.

And then I could equp the guy with my main's products, he's maxed almost every craft by now. Only need to research stuff.

Champion point totals are account bound. Any character at max level can make progress towards your total. The allocations are per character though so you don't need to have the same spread on, say, a stamblade as a magsorc.

Also, counterpoint to bears being wise.

I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    so anything I should know before I return to a post morrowind ESO

because I'm gonna start a new character since DK wasn't doing it for me

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    Dubh wrote: »
    so anything I should know before I return to a post morrowind ESO

because I'm gonna start a new character since DK wasn't doing it for me

A lot of stuff changed at the high end but unless you had a character that was at max level it's not really worth getting into besides mentioned that any build guides that predate Morrowind are seriously out of date.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    This is really fun to play on the couch with a controller! The downside is that it feels like there is not much sense of community going on. People don't much use the zone text chat and the area voice chat is like open mic hell. :/

I could see myself perhaps double dipping on morrowind in the future should i get really into the game and want to group alot. For now I'm playing it like a SP game anyways so, eh.

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    This is really fun to play on the couch with a controller! The downside is that it feels like there is not much sense of community going on. People don't much use the zone text chat and the area voice chat is like open mic hell. :/

I could see myself perhaps double dipping on morrowind in the future should i get really into the game and want to group alot. For now I'm playing it like a SP game anyways so, eh.

Get a cheap wireless keyboard and plug it into your console, it helps a ton.

I'm on Xbox as StyrofoamMeteor if anyone wants to run mid level CP stuff.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    Could I get a guild invite? I already messaged everyone in the OP, but no one was on.

I'm @TwoSixRomeo

EH28YFo.jpg
  • Options
    Anyone else doing the christmas quests?
    I keep getting the skinchanger bow motif. I've got 3 spares already.
    I also have a dupe of the Runebox: Juggler's Knives, but I'm far more interested in the fire breathing memento.
    and I still have a bunch of halloween motifs and recipes.

• Options
    KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    edited December 2017
    I've actually been playing the game pretty frequently the last few days, I forget that it's actually really good. Figured since I have all this week off I might as well start a Warden.

Also if anyone else is getting into this this week feel free to message me and I can invite to the guild!

Kyanilis on
  • Options
    KassKass Registered User regular
    So I picked this up during the Christmas sale on steam. I have to stay, I've been having a great time with it. That "not-knowing-what-you're-doing" and discovery has been great (I've so far resisted the urge to Google my way around, and am liking that decision). Running around Vvardenfell has made me nostalgic for Morrowind all those years ago (although there are a disturbing lack of dive-bombing cliff racers in this version).

• Options
    KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    Kass wrote: »
    So I picked this up during the Christmas sale on steam. I have to stay, I've been having a great time with it. That "not-knowing-what-you're-doing" and discovery has been great (I've so far resisted the urge to Google my way around, and am liking that decision). Running around Vvardenfell has made me nostalgic for Morrowind all those years ago (although there are a disturbing lack of dive-bombing cliff racers in this version).

One of the Warden's first skills is just that. Nothing like raining down cliff racers on my enemies!

• Options
    edited December 2017
    Kyanilis wrote: »
    Kass wrote: »

One of the Warden's first skills is just that. Nothing like raining down cliff racers on my enemies!

There's also some dive-bombers in the Forgotten Wastes public dungeon, if you're into that. :P

Lucid_Seraph on
  • Options
    RoeRoe Always to the East Registered User regular
    I leveled my Spell Tank only to find out that you cannot morph your ability past a certain number time, regardless of ability level. I also found out that your gear scales with new sets, but my spells and sword/shield attacks do not. I have a hard time PVEing in anywhere else but random dungeons.

I don't know what to do, because my debuffs are stuck at 5k physical/spell and my Pet attacks / bolts do not increase with level. I'm seeing my character build level off at rank ~40.

oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    Roe wrote: »
    I leveled my Spell Tank only to find out that you cannot morph your ability past a certain number time, regardless of ability level. I also found out that your gear scales with new sets, but my spells and sword/shield attacks do not. I have a hard time PVEing in anywhere else but random dungeons.

I don't know what to do, because my debuffs are stuck at 5k physical/spell and my Pet attacks / bolts do not increase with level. I'm seeing my character build level off at rank ~40.

If you need to respec, there are shrines to pay for that at capitol cities and Vivec City.

Skill morphs happen when the basic ability is at level 4 and you get enough exp to fill the bar again. You can redo a morph when you respec and there's a specific option to only respec your morphs. If you swap abilities, you'll need to level it up if you didn't have that morph before.

Your abilities should be scaling with gear upgrades assuming they're the correct type of abilities and gear. Total magicka increases spell damage, total stamina increases weapon damage. If you're stacking +health gear, you won't see increases to your damage abilities. Note that people generally don't play hybrid builds because of how the skills and skill scaling work though tanks have often been the exception.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    Been enjoying this enough for the past few days that I am seriously thinking of putting down the $20 for Morrowind before the steam winter sale ends.

• Options
    ZoldenZolden Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Is the XBone PA guild active at all? I'd like to have some folks to run with, I've been decently surprised by the amount of folks around in game at all the Morrowind dungeons and quests for assistance but it's here n there.

I picked this up last week and have been enjoying it after many years off from MMOs. This is the first MMO I've seen executed on the Xbox platform decently.

Gamertag is Zolden X, character name Syphio. 17 Nightblade atm.

Zolden on
  • Options
    Update 17 in February will include Outfit Slots, allowing you to customize the look of your armor regardless of what you're wearing, and letting you dye your weapons.

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/26281

Finally! A reason to have all those Motifs! FASHION SCROLLS ONLINE GUYS.

Plus, they're including HOUSING STORAGE, though god knows how much that'll cost. Basically, you'll be able to use your house as an additional bank. This'll be great for stashing stuff that you don't need all the time (like, say, alt armor sets that you don't want to get rid of because they might come back into the meta eventually...).

Oh, and, idk, some more Skyrim-themed dungeons, I guess, 'cause we gotta port Skyrim to everything.

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    FINALLY! WOO!

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Shit, I knew I should've picked up Morrowind when it was on sale.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Zolden wrote: »
    Is the XBone PA guild active at all? I'd like to have some folks to run with, I've been decently surprised by the amount of folks around in game at all the Morrowind dungeons and quests for assistance but it's here n there.

I picked this up last week and have been enjoying it after many years off from MMOs. This is the first MMO I've seen executed on the Xbox platform decently.

Gamertag is Zolden X, character name Syphio. 17 Nightblade atm.

@Zolden I don't think it is but I'm StyrofoamMeteor on Live.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    This game desperately needs a way to mark gear as not for deconstructing or vendoring.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    This game desperately needs a way to mark gear as not for deconstructing or vendoring.

That's what the option to lock/favorite an item does.

Steam Profile