As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[The Elder Scrolls Online] It's the 2nd Era, so is this Oblivion 2, or Oblivion -1?

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    so I've been getting back into ESO

this time: with a nightblade!

already enjoying it a LOT more than DK

miss that fire whip, tho

also, Morrowind xpac has been pretty fantastic, so far
    further convincing me that they should use that ESO talent on the next core Elder Scrolls game

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    Dubh wrote: »
    so I've been getting back into ESO

this time: with a nightblade!

already enjoying it a LOT more than DK

miss that fire whip, tho

Man that reminds me that I gotta morph Fire Whip to the one that gives you free stuff on off-balance enemies (then I just gotta learn what the visual cue is for off-balance and how to actually trigger it :| ) [/quote]
    also, Morrowind xpac has been pretty fantastic, so far
    further convincing me that they should use that ESO talent on the next core Elder Scrolls game

500% with you man. The writing in Morrowind, Wrothgar, and the Thieves Guild is some of the best writing I've seen in any Elder Scrolls game. The Thieves Guild loyalty quests especially were up on Bioware levels of "I CARE ABOUT THESE PEOPLE AND THEIR LIVES, DAMMIT."

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    off-balance is when they have the little swirly above their heads after they've been knocked down

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    off-balance is when they have the little swirly above their heads after they've been knocked down

While that's the most obvious cue, not all enemies subject to it show that or get all the effects associated with it. Dungeon/raid bosses in particular ignore the staggered/knocked down part of it but it still exists for the purposes of skills/talents that have extra effects on off balance enemies.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular

While that's the most obvious cue, not all enemies subject to it show that or get all the effects associated with it. Dungeon/raid bosses in particular ignore the staggered/knocked down part of it but it still exists for the purposes of skills/talents that have extra effects on off balance enemies.
    Its not as bad as it was in the early days but this game still relies way too heavily on barely or invisible visual queues in place of a normal gui.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Getting back into the game. What's this outfit system about?

Steam: offday
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    anoffday wrote: »

Lets you put together a custom appearance based on dyes and motiffs you've collected and wear that while getting all the benefits of your normal gear.

The customization is nice but I'm not crazy about it letting you hide what type of armor you're wearing and what weapon you're using in PVP

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    anoffday wrote: »

Lets you put together a custom appearance based on dyes and motiffs you've collected and wear that while getting all the benefits of your normal gear.

The customization is nice but I'm not crazy about it letting you hide what type of armor you're wearing and what weapon you're using in PVP

A good chunk of pvpers were already using crafted sets like Hrunding's, Clever Alchemist, or Seducer that you could choose a crafting motif for or covering all their armor up with an outfit so I'm guessing gear clarify isn't as big of a concern when that potion gank build set could look like leather rags, glass armor, roman legionary armor, samurai light armor, a wedding dress, or a bathing towel already.

Steel Angel on
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    Well I mean motiff didn't hide armor class, at least unless it was one of the more exotic ones you weren't familiar with but yeah I suppose costumes are pretty popular there.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Hey, can I get a guild invite? I'm @Crippl3 on the US server.

• Options
    President EvilPresident Evil Let's Rock Registered User regular
    Just so we're all clear, it's now mandatory for everybody in this thread to show off their outfits when the new update hits.

Don't let me down, Penny Arcade.

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    New outfit system is live today.

It is glorious.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    You know what to do.

• Options
    You can even dye weapons now.

I totally forgot to take ANY screenshots.

I have failed so hard.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    Oh thank god no more dull red weapons

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    GrebnuGrebnu Registered User regular
    I was really looking forward to the Outfit system, but my char is already perfect! I tried to change his aspects, but the one I made with the old tools is just so nice looking that I couldn't.

I really should make another character to play Morrowind. Maybe I could pimp that. Maybe a Magicka user this time. It seems that waving a stick is pretty potent strategy in this game. Although a stereotypical ranger one could be fun (animal friend and a bow etc.).

Is there any point for me to do the Assassin's Guild if I am against assassins in general? The DLC area is kind of lacking in quests otherwise, luckily I visited there with ESO+ so I won't be losing any money/crowns for buying a useless DLC.

I am a thief of high morals, and wouldn't kill people just because. I know it sounds funny, but I really do have problem with just killing peaceful NPSs willy nilly. In SP games I always tried to shut down the guild if possible. Filthy backstabbers.

• Options
    Grebnu wrote: »
    I was really looking forward to the Outfit system, but my char is already perfect! I tried to change his aspects, but the one I made with the old tools is just so nice looking that I couldn't.

I really should make another character to play Morrowind. Maybe I could pimp that. Maybe a Magicka user this time. It seems that waving a stick is pretty potent strategy in this game. Although a stereotypical ranger one could be fun (animal friend and a bow etc.).

Is there any point for me to do the Assassin's Guild if I am against assassins in general? The DLC area is kind of lacking in quests otherwise, luckily I visited there with ESO+ so I won't be losing any money/crowns for buying a useless DLC.

I am a thief of high morals, and wouldn't kill people just because. I know it sounds funny, but I really do have problem with just killing peaceful NPSs willy nilly. In SP games I always tried to shut down the guild if possible. Filthy backstabbers.

No, there's no reason to do the Dark Brotherhood questline unless you are into assassinating people. There's ONE skill perk that's KINDA useful (reduced aggro radius while on horseback) but it's not worth it if you're not into stabs. I did it on my character who IS into murder, and not on anyone else.

• Options
    Unlocking the murder dagger has some utility and doesn't take long at all.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Ty guys, won't bother with that quest line then.

I really dig this system on ESO, where ESO+ gets you access to these DLCs. Nice to tray before buying.

I uninstalled Master Merchant for good, it always caused hickups for me. I prefer Tamriel Trade Center, it seems to be lighter on the system. It is enough for my needs anyway.

• Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    How has it been so long and we havent seen a single picture of the outfits you guys have used. I am VERY disappointed.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    I don't know how. Or, more accurately, I know what I would need to do to upload pics but I am lazy and can't be arsed to.

There has been a datadigging excavation thing, and the next chapter or whatever it is called (expansion, like Morrowind) has come to light.

I'll spoiler it in case of someone wants to be surprised:
    We apparently will go to Summerset Isles in the next expack.

blog.uesp.net/index.php/2018/02/17/eso-update-17-data-mining-3

Also, Jewellery Crafting is finally coming! Neat!

The link has some pretty spoilery stuff, regarding the likely main quest line and stuff, so proceed with caution.

• Options
    CorriganX wrote: »
    How has it been so long and we havent seen a single picture of the outfits you guys have used. I am VERY disappointed.

FINE. JEEZ.

I'll fix this issue when I get home tonight. I have several outfits made so far...

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    Here ya go. Nothing fancy but a few things.

My battle sorc who likes the look of assassin armor (mix of light and heavy Assassin motif, with khajiit motif daggers that I like because they look like shortswords to me)

A set I put together but haven't actually bought yet for my elf warden (mix of wood elf, skinchanger, and orc motifs)

A set I'd like to have but can't afford for my imperial dark knight (heavy ebonheart pact armor with a breton helm I'm not fond of but I didn't really like ANY of the helms)

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    ... I should try to re-create the Hawkeye I made as a demo of the dye system. I think I might have the right motifs?

• Options
    I like that 3rd one a lot, Pixie! Just waiting for the PS4 update to hit before y'all see mine.

I took a break from this game prior to the release of Morrowind. Catching up now. It’s still early, but this Balmora quest is excellent. I’m hoping the writing stays this good throughout.

• Options
    ... I should try to re-create the Hawkeye I made as a demo of the dye system. I think I might have the right motifs?

If you don't, I'm sure some of us can dig and see if we do.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    Quantum KnightQuantum Knight Registered User regular
    wko7v0duj32a.jpg
    Since someone was looking for screenshots, this is Morgrym, my Stam DK.

• Options
    I have to say that Clockwork City is one of the best places in games I've played. Quests are neat, locations too, but the music... Oh my God, the sexy chill is so damn good. I just love it. I want to bath in that music.

The gear seems interesting, I am saving like three different sets for my future characters. And the craftables look neat too.

The whole place is so weird and wonderful, it is awesome.

Even Divayth is kind of fun, even if he is a huge jerk. I like the pompous attitude.

And the whole thing teases neatly the upcoming expansion too! The whole thing about Triad eyeing that one place (don't wanna spoil anything if someone's sensible to that).

I have gotten so much out of my ESO+ sub. I've done Assassin's stuff (everything else apart the actual quests) and this. It kind of saves money for some upcoming DLCs. I like this model. And I have lots and lots of crowns to use later.

Also, the craft bag is wonderful. So good.

• Options
    Operative21Operative21 Registered User regular
    Grebnu wrote: »
    I have to say that Clockwork City is one of the best places in games I've played. Quests are neat, locations too, but the music... Oh my God, the sexy chill is so damn good. I just love it. I want to bath in that music.

The gear seems interesting, I am saving like three different sets for my future characters. And the craftables look neat too.

The whole place is so weird and wonderful, it is awesome.

Even Divayth is kind of fun, even if he is a huge jerk. I like the pompous attitude.

And the whole thing teases neatly the upcoming expansion too! The whole thing about Triad eyeing that one place (don't wanna spoil anything if someone's sensible to that).

I have gotten so much out of my ESO+ sub. I've done Assassin's stuff (everything else apart the actual quests) and this. It kind of saves money for some upcoming DLCs. I like this model. And I have lots and lots of crowns to use later.

Also, the craft bag is wonderful. So good.

Yeah the Clockwork City is definitely one of my favorite places in-game. I love the whole load of steampunk-ish stuff the dwemer and Sotha Sil bring to the game.

That is one really good thing about the ESO+ sub, they really do a good job of making it feel like you're at least getting something for your money.

• Options
    RoeRoe Always to the East Registered User regular
    My Stamina DK is at level 48. I'm leveling my alchemy on him and its at about 23.

Out of all the professions, alchemy seems to be the easiest to level. Blacksmithing on the other hand, is a pain because if you level your character too fast, you cannot break down the armor and weapons that you need for writs, which is your basic means of leveling.

oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    Roe wrote: »
    My Stamina DK is at level 48. I'm leveling my alchemy on him and its at about 23.

Out of all the professions, alchemy seems to be the easiest to level. Blacksmithing on the other hand, is a pain because if you level your character too fast, you cannot break down the armor and weapons that you need for writs, which is your basic means of leveling.

I think deconstructing was a far bigger source of my skill gains than the daily writs were. There's also the gain you get when research on a trait finishes, but deconstruction was far more important. And people regularly put up Intricate items on guild traders if what you loot isn't enough.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    Does anyone belong to any decent trade guilds? More to the point, would anyone be willing to sell off a valuable item or two for me, maybe for a cut of the profit? I have a crafting recipe that TTC tells me is worth a fair bit, and I have an Aetherial Dust that TTC says is worth somewhere north of 55k.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    Does anyone belong to any decent trade guilds? More to the point, would anyone be willing to sell off a valuable item or two for me, maybe for a cut of the profit? I have a crafting recipe that TTC tells me is worth a fair bit, and I have an Aetherial Dust that TTC says is worth somewhere north of 55k.

My guild, Shades of Sithis, isn't exactly a trade guild, but we do have a trader in Clockwork City iirc.

• Options
    Would you be willing to list a few things for me?

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    Digging the Outfit system

Also, how active is the PA guild on Xbox?

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/26329?Introducing-the-Scalecaller-Crown-Crate-Season-&-Giveaway

If you want a taste of the shadowy powers the new Crown Crate season has to offer, you can earn up to three free Scalecaller Crown Crates simply by playing The Elder Scrolls Online! To acquire these new items, log into the game and defeat any enemy creature (monsters, bosses, or even enemy NPCs) every day, from Friday, March 9 until Sunday, March 11.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Yes! Just what I hoped for - the easy way for me to add the Mazzatun style to my collection. :D

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    Well, if there is anyone willing to sell off a few valuable items for me (I have crushing social anxiety - finding and joining random guilds and stuff is very problematic for me), I'm offering 50% of whatever you can sell it for.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    I bought a copy off Steam, and I have the 500 Crowns they threw me as an intro gift still sitting around.

There is a really, really nice sale going on right now, and a number of wonderful expansions are sitting at the low price of 500 crowns. Is the Thieves Guild expansion worth dropping that on, or should I wait?

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    It’s a fine piece of DLC, and I doubt it’ll ever be lower than that unless you plan to sub.