As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[The Elder Scrolls Online] It's the 2nd Era, so is this Oblivion 2, or Oblivion -1?

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    The Dark Brotherhood is better. ;)

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    I didn't get far in the DB questline because all I'd do in the game was wander around, murdering civilians for prizes.

I am not good at heroics.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    GrebnuGrebnu Registered User regular
    Thieve's Guild is better, it is nice to visit places from Oblivion but murderer's DLC is otherwise really boring. I like the Thieve's guild extra stuff better.

I didn't do murderer main quest because I am a good person (I only steal everything I can).

But murderers have a pretty place, that's for sure. Thieve's guild is Redguard region though, so that's an added bonus for me. The more Redguard stuff the better.

• Options
    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Woo, got my Crowncaller Crate. I got the kickthedirt emote and the red razorback pet

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    You only got one crate? Did you not log in all 3 days?

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    Well, I didn't get anything interesting out of my crates. A couple body paints, the dragon priest costume, and a crapload of consumables.

Have to wait until Thursday to buy that Mazzatun motif and I'll be happy. :D

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    I logged in two days, but I forgot to kill something the first day I logged on

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    I got the necromantic body tattoos and a bunch of lame face and head accessories :/
    and some bad poisons

• Options
    President EvilPresident Evil Let's Rock Registered User regular
    Woo! Beat Vet Maelstrom tonight motherfuckas!

Celebratory fashion show:
    ep3pu8arartf.jpg
    acy2cyfdpmkk.jpg

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Sweet duds, @President Evil!

• Options
    New crates went live yesterday. I immediately bought the elk mount for my elf (because of course!) and the Mazzatun motif. Am now happy. :D

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Wood elf fashion...
    3E7E1876F8AEE00786994E05131A03ADD117D147

Pixelated Pixie on
    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Apparently my usual Elder Scrolls strategy of loot all the things isn't really paying off for me. Is there anything I ought to avoid picking up and hoarding? I seem to be attracted to things like craft materials and the like, mostly because I like to resell them, and I forsee either a shortage of bank space or a shortage of pack space if this keeps up.

Also, one of these days, I may make a foray into crafting...

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    edited March 2018
    JaysonFour wrote: »
    Apparently my usual Elder Scrolls strategy of loot all the things isn't really paying off for me. Is there anything I ought to avoid picking up and hoarding? I seem to be attracted to things like craft materials and the like, mostly because I like to resell them, and I forsee either a shortage of bank space or a shortage of pack space if this keeps up.

Also, one of these days, I may make a foray into crafting...

If you're REALLLY that into hoarding stuff, you should shell out for a monthly subscription. Seriously. The monthly sub comes with a crafting bag where allll that stuff you hoard goes, so your bank becomes less of a ridiculous pile of stuff you'll never use.

With that said, regarding things in CONTAINERS:

1. For the most part, don't bother with cooking supplies. They aren't worth anything as vendor trash, and they still aren't worth much even if you're in a trading guild.
    2. Similarly, don't bother with the weapons and armor you find in containers, unless you're actively learning Traits and happen to find one of a Trait you don't have. Even then, it's not worth it.
    3. I'm not sure about the value of materials for Motifs (bone, corundum, obsidian, etc), since the Wardrobe change has put all that into craziness. Even so, stuff has no vendor value, so it's worthless unless you're in a trading guild anyway.
    4. With cooking recipes, use them unless they're Purple or better. Purple or better IS potentially worth money even in Zone chat.
    5. Motif recipes are ABSOLUTELY worth stuff. Even the racial recipes recently went way up in price due to the Wardrobe. Get those. Purple and Gold motifs are worth a LOT more (obviously), and those are things you should consider getting into a guild with a trader for.
    6. Furniture recipes are also ABSOLUTELY worth stuff. Either learn them yourself or sell them; people are ALWAYS looking for them. Even some blue furniture recipes can be worth several thousand gold.
    7. Don't bother with any ambient items (weapons, food, drink, etc). They're always worthless. Minor exception: Alchemy items can be sorta okay for open-world questing, as they always give a basic potion (health, stamina, magicka) of your level. Major exception: gold pieces are gold pieces, always get those.
    8. Most gemstones/jewels are Trait materials and therefore worthless. Exceptions: Training (emerald), Divines (sapphire), Impenetrable (Diamond). Maybe some others, idk.

Regarding OTHER CRAFTING MATERIALS:

1. Food crafting mats are largely worthless on their own, BUT you can make MASSIVE PROFITS through a Guild Trader if you get the recipes for various "meta" foods and craft them yourself. Those be the CP160 recipes for Max Health & Magicka, Max Health & Stamina, Tri-Stat, Witchmother's Potent Brew, Dubious Camoran Throne, and Orgoza's Roast Bear Haunch (the latter is free from an Orsinium quest line).
    2. Alchemy ingredients are worth a bit more to traders/in the open world, but, again, you can make pretty decent profits via Guild Traders by crafting the various Meta potions (go around looking at builds on Alcast for what those are).
    3. Metal, Cloth, Wood, and Leather are worth more sold RAW than they are refined; this is because there's a chance at getting various refinement materials out of them when you refine them, so people will pay a bit more for the raw stuff.
    4. The only Enchanting mats that are worth anything are Kutas, but those are worth quite a bit. Well, and Prismatic/Hakeo, but you only get those in the Imperial City, and then only from deconstructing (iirc).

Regarding STEALING STUFF

1. Only bother to steal items of Green or better quality.
    2. Don't bother stealing weapons, armor, or crafting materials, ever.
    3. Do bother with recipes and motifs of all types; see above re: that stuff is valuable. Launder those to sell later.
    4. Do bother with items that turn out to be furniture/housing items; furniture is always worth something.
    5. Again, don't steal physical objects in the world unless it's gold. Those are ALWAYS ALWAYS worthless.
    6. Stolen goods that aren't furniture, recipes, or motifs are worthless to you; always sell them at a Fence. but you will make a LOT of cash selling at a fence.
    7. Stealing stuff is the best way to both make money AND satisfy your inner Elder Scrolls kleptomaniac.
    8. Training the Thieves Guild and Legerdemain skill lines will make stealing way easier. Wearing all Medium Armor with the Sneak traits will make sneaking way easier. The Ultimate Stealing Stuff Combo is 5 pieces of Night Mother's Embrace (medium armor world drop in Deshaan) + 3 pieces Night Terror (medium armor drop in Stormhaven) -- both those armor sets reduce your Stealth Detection Radius by a CONSIDERABLE amount. You will become nearly impossible to detect; I basically only get caught if I fail a Pickpocket roll or if an NPC literally runs into me while I'm stealing. Bonus points if you're also a Nightblade Khajiit or Bosmer Stage IV Vampire, but that's really only for the ULTRA HARDCORE. ... Or Heists, it makes Heists a lot easier.

EDIT: ONE MOAR THING!!!!

There's no in game global auction house to check up on the prices of things, BUT there's a player created one!

https://tamrieltradecentre.com/

Use that to get a general idea of the prices of things. yes, they have Xbox and PS4 versions, though those aren't as reliable because they can't be auto-updated like the PC version. Nonetheless, it still gives a good sense of what's worth what so you can figure out when/how to sell things.

UNRELATED NOTE: @Pixelated Pixie , I would be willing to put stuff up at my Guild Trader, except I haven't been on reliably of late. I'd honestly more suggest you join our guild, Shades of Sithis; we're friendly and we have a nice guild hall and we do regular events and stuff. And we're not a strict Trading Guild, we're just a large, old guild (started in beta) that happens to have a Guild Trader because we've been around long enough to have a lot of members & thus a lot of money.

Lucid_Seraph on
    See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    While they're not worth a lot, a lot of cooking ingredients actually do sell for a respectable amount on a guild trader. I was regularly making about 1k off of 100 garlic and some other ingredients that I didn't use regularly. Anything used in meta recipes went for more but I rarely had enough extra of one ingredient to sell them separately.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    UNRELATED NOTE: @Pixelated Pixie , I would be willing to put stuff up at my Guild Trader, except I haven't been on reliably of late. I'd honestly more suggest you join our guild, Shades of Sithis; we're friendly and we have a nice guild hall and we do regular events and stuff. And we're not a strict Trading Guild, we're just a large, old guild (started in beta) that happens to have a Guild Trader because we've been around long enough to have a lot of members & thus a lot of money.

@Lucid_Seraph - are you able to invite, or would I have to talk to someone else? And are there dues?

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular

@Lucid_Seraph - are you able to invite, or would I have to talk to someone else? And are there dues?

I can't invite, sorry. Easiest way to get in is our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/515301941917247/ but if that's not comfortable I think you may be able to get on using our Discord (I'll link if you prefer that). We have no dues whatsoever. We have a 100% optional weekly lottery and auction to fund the guild trader, which are pretty fun, and usually we have trivia night along with the auction.

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    That Tamriel Trade Centre link is a godsend. Now that I can happily clean out my bag of worthless junk, I'll be able to strain the diamonds from the pebbles and have plenty of room to pick up the alchemical stuff.

As far as researching goes, I might just start stuffing my research stuff into the bank now that I'll be cleaning it out. I want to have research going all the time, so having a lot of stuff I can grab and just set and forget is a good thing. But yeah, time to take a shovel to my bank.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

I can't invite, sorry. Easiest way to get in is our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/515301941917247/ but if that's not comfortable I think you may be able to get on using our Discord (I'll link if you prefer that). We have no dues whatsoever. We have a 100% optional weekly lottery and auction to fund the guild trader, which are pretty fun, and usually we have trivia night along with the auction.

Yeah, I can't do either of those things.

Thanks for the offer, though.

I'll just keep hoarding things to someday sell. :razz:

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    Shoveled out over half my bank slots of cheap and useless stuff, same with my backpack.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    The Dark Brotherhood is better. ;)
    The thing I didn't expect to like as much as I did was the sneak kill animations/assassinations.

They're actually pretty damn good. Atleast compared to Oblivion or Skyrim anyway.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Man, I need to update my copy of the game on the XB1 if just so I can finally join whatever PA-presence in that version of the game there is and maybe empty my own bags.

Owenashi on
  • Options
    Oh, hey, expansion announcement on Wednesday.

• Options
    Time to visit Mephala's realm?

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    I haven't been paying attention, honestly- have they dropped any hints as to where we're going next?

Also, yay purple recipe get! Sure it's not worth much, but hey, I'll take what I can get!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Hows the werewolf transformation faring these days?

I remember back when I was first playing, it was kind of in an odd place.

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    JaysonFour wrote: »
    I haven't been paying attention, honestly- have they dropped any hints as to where we're going next?

Also, yay purple recipe get! Sure it's not worth much, but hey, I'll take what I can get!

Rumors from somewhere I don't remember so take it with a grain of salt:
    Summerset Isles.

Rumors or otherwise, there aren't many other big chunks of land remaining on the continent that would be fitting for an expansion. Western Skyrim maybe?

• Options
    edited March 2018
    Good thing about them running out of world space on Tamriel means we'll be getting oblivion expansions in the future.

All aboard the Shivering Isles and Apocrypha train.

Sadly, I don't think they can do Akavir since that would probably break the lore in half since its almost still a complete mystery thousands of years later.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    I thought data miners already found that it was most likely going to be Mephala's Realm. Did I misremember/dream that?

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    If I recall, I believe we’ll be going to both of those places.

They’ve been setting up Mephala as far back as Orsinium. It’s neat to see this kind of long-form storytelling in an Elder Scrolls property.

President Evil on
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    For someone who has only ever played this and like 20 hours of Skyrim, what is Mephala's Realm and why should I be excited

• Options
    edited March 2018
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    For someone who has only ever played this and like 20 hours of Skyrim, what is Mephala's Realm and why should I be excited
    The planes of Oblivion (other dimensions where daedra come from) are all pretty bizzare and strange. Like stepping foot into the TES equivalent of Alice in Wonderland.

They're each ruled over by and basically a reflection of the eccentric daedric prince that rules them. The Shivering Isles is Sheogorath's so everything and everybody there is completely nuts and based on the various dysfunctions of the mind, Hermaeus Mora is obsessed with knowledge so his plane of Apocrypha is basically an endless library filled with weird eldritch horrors.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Spiral_Skein

I’m a lot more excited for Summerset, but I’m always interested to see new locations for the first time. I will say, though, that it sounds metal as fuck.

President Evil on
  • Options
    Mephala is a spider daedra, called the webspinner; she's the daedric prince of sex, lies, secrets, and murder. What's not to love? :D

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    DarkMechaDarkMecha The Outer SpaceRegistered User regular
    edited March 2018
    I think they have plenty of main continent space left for expansions.
    Tamriel-Overview.jpg

That said other planes would be fun! I'm excited for Summerset too though, it really does sound very interesting. Plus we *might* get spellcrafting of some kind!

DarkMecha on
    Steam Profile | My Art | NID: DarkMecha (SW-4787-9571-8977) | PSN: DarkMecha
  • Options
    Mephala is a spider daedra, called the webspinner; she's the daedric prince of sex, lies, secrets, and murder. What's not to love? :D
    I always thought Sanguine had the market cornered on sex.

Though competition is good for the daedric industry.

• Options
    edited March 2018
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    All aboard the Shivering Isles and Apocrypha train.

God, could you even imagine? It’d be like a Lovecraft fan’s* wet dream.
    *Me

President Evil on
  • Options
    Just discovered the new outfit system.

Oh my...I'm never leaving this menu, am I?

• Options
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Just discovered the new outfit system.

Oh my...I'm never leaving this menu, am I?

Never.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~