As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PokemonGO] Now with weather effects!

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Out of curiosity, is your in-game avatar wearing the Magikarp hat from the event? I've seen rumors and speculation that wearing the hat either increases your chance to catch shiny Magikarps or some people have claimed it enables it.

• Options
    DracilDracil Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    urahonky wrote: »
    Dracil wrote: »
    Does gymhuntr not work in your area?

Does gymhuntr tell you what raids there are? It also looks like you have to wait to scan. This one literally scanned the entire city at a consistent rate so you login and view EVERYTHING in your city. It was pretty crazy.

Yes, it tells you where the raids are. If you and the people in your city do scans you'll all get to see it. Basically it's sort of crowd-sourced scanning which is actually a pretty neat way to reduce load. Don't scan unless there's demand. It's what most people in my city use. There's a separate private scanner for just my city that's also working just fine.

Dracil on
    3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, is your in-game avatar wearing the Magikarp hat from the event? I've seen rumors and speculation that wearing the hat either increases your chance to catch shiny Magikarps or some people have claimed it enables it.

Yup! My kids love the hat :D

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Does gymhuntr not work in your area?

Does gymhuntr tell you what raids there are? It also looks like you have to wait to scan. This one literally scanned the entire city at a consistent rate so you login and view EVERYTHING in your city. It was pretty crazy.

Yes, it tells you where the raids are. If you and the people in your city do scans you'll all get to see it. Basically it's sort of crowd-sourced scanning which is actually a pretty neat way to reduce load. Don't scan unless there's demand. It's what most people in my city use. There's a separate private scanner for just my city that's also working just fine.

Oh I didn't realize it was an offshoot of pokehuntr which is what I used a long time ago. Very cool.

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    I just hatched 3 nidorans in a row

In the span of about 10 seconds

Up yours pokemon go

• Options
    Xaquin wrote: »

Up yours pokemon go

My dex is at 200 caught now, and of the 35 or so I can reasonably obtain, so many of them can only be gotten from hatching :(

Don't really want to spend coins on incubators but maybe I should.

• Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular

Up yours pokemon go

My dex is at 200 caught now, and of the 35 or so I can reasonably obtain, so many of them can only be gotten from hatching :(

Don't really want to spend coins on incubators but maybe I should.

Is there anything else worth spending coins on?

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    bag and poke space upgrades?

• Options
    Yeah I've been spending them on bag and pokemon space upgrades. And also a couple raid passes.

• Options
    Sure, but you only really want maybe two of each bag upgrade. If you raid a lot I could see that, but ... I've spent almost all of my coins on incubators.

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    VishNub wrote: »
    Sure, but you only really want maybe two of each bag upgrade. If you raid a lot I could see that, but ... I've spent almost all of my coins on incubators.

What are your bag capacities at?!

Like I'm at 450 items 600 Pokemon because I don't like having to constantly purge pokes.
    The 450 items is like 100 ultraballs 50-60 revives 50 full/hyper potions 50 berries and then the rest cruft (evo items/tms/golden razz/rare candy) and free space for spinning stops.
    I like to have like at least 100 slots free for spinning stops, but the raid cruft (tm/razz) is now forcing me to buy space again.

discrider on
  • Options
    600 here

I'll probably quit upgrading at 1000

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Oh, there's no max to either?

• Options
    quietjayquietjay Indianapolis, INRegistered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Oh, there's no max to either?

The max right now is 1000 Pokemon and 1500 items.

Become a Star Citizen
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    I'm constantly running into the bag max at 1400 items

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    I had to bump my item storage up to 600 because I got so goddamn many rare candies for my legendaries and I didn't have the stardust to spend them immediately.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    I max bag storage because if I happen to be in a city, I like to be able to take items back home where there very few stops

• Options
    Y'all be crazy. 300 pokes and 400 bag is plenty.

• Options
    Waffles or whateverWaffles or whatever Previously known as, I shit you not, "Waffen" Registered User regular
    ugh. when's the next major event? Events are my way to purge my inventory of all my Pokeballs of all qualities.

• Options
    GATE SHARKGATE SHARK Registered User new member
    Waffen wrote: »
    ugh. when's the next major event? Events are my way to purge my inventory of all my Pokeballs of all qualities.

Niantic seems to do events every quarter so far.

• Options
    CesareBCesareB Registered User regular
    Y'all be crazy. 300 pokes and 400 bag is plenty.

I'll give you the bag, sure. But 300 pokes is definitely not enough with 250-ish pokes in the dex currently. Gotta have at least a little room for duplicates.

• Options
    GATE SHARK wrote: »
    Waffen wrote: »

Niantic seems to do events every quarter so far.

Niantic seems to do things very haphazardly and without any discernible rhyme or reason. We had like 4 events in a row in the spring. And then we went on a really long stretch, which is still ongoing.

Unless you count the raids as an event. But it's a different kind of event, so I don't consider it the same as the events such as Adventure Week, Magikarp Week, and so forth.

Honestly, we're in a bit of a slump right now. People are tired of raids. I had another night of not being able to find anyone to do Lugia or Moltres last night. And on top of that, we're back to no interesting Pokemon spawning.

• Options
    Yeah, the next real "event" is Mewtwo. They probably aren't going to stack anything else on top of that.

• Options
    Waffles or whateverWaffles or whatever Previously known as, I shit you not, "Waffen" Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    the best part about pokemongo in the end is how I've spent zero dollars playing it. I've costed niantic money to play it. :biggrin:

Waffles or whatever on
  • Options
    I think I'm only at $20 or maybe $40. A small price to pay to me. The game got me to go outside and walk around and find out that Ohio's parks are pretty amazing.

• Options
    Yeah, I talk a lot of shit on Pokemon Go, and I'm still very anti-Niantic because I think they suck.

But the truth is, even with all it's flaws I have had a lot of fun with the game. And as Urahonky said, it has gotten me out walking more than anything else. On top of that I just flat out love Pokemon. It's pretty much my most favorite video game franchise ever.

I'm still holding out hope that one day there will be a real Pokemon MMO with a shared game space, many regions to explore, a full dex to fill, and a layer of strategic PVP battling that is every bit as good as the mainline RPG's.

• Options

I only have one of each so far. I was never high enough to get into the gyms around here until the update, and I still don't spend much time on them.

• Options
    Wow I got 4 charge TMs from a single Moltres raid.

Also that raid was the first time I've encountered some fairly uncomfortable people but whatever. Also caught the Moltres so I'm now 2/2 lugia, 1/2 zapdos, 1/1 articuno and 2/2 moltres. Think I'll try to get a second zapdos and articuno before everything goes away and then maybe see if my wife wants me to get the legendaries on her account before they go away.

• Options
    Tried a Lugia today and couldn't catch him. In addition we got like 10 regular potions and 15 super potions. That's it... What a rip off! Oh well. 0/1 on Lugia.

• Options
    I'm starting to think adding regular potions AND super potions to the reward mix was overkill. I haven't gotten any rare candies in a while.

• Options
    Adding potions was dumb -- unless the goal was to nerf the pants off of raids.

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    edited August 2017
    I need all those potions to heal my CP 21 Dunsparce's after they get kicked out of gyms.

Edit: Grammar

Brody on
    "I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    I mean, I've been completely out of potions for the last month, ever since the legendary raids have started.

I can't keep them in stock.

Edit: And in fact, if I really wanted to, I could quote myself from 3-4 pages back saying they need to add potion drops to raids.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    DracilDracil Registered User regular
    Adding potions is fine. But they need to increase the bundle counts to not dilute the pool.

3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    I mean, I've been completely out of potions for the last month, ever since the legendary raids have started.

I can't keep them in stock.

Edit: And in fact, if I really wanted to, I could quote myself from 3-4 pages back saying they need to add potion drops to raids.

Yeah, I had to constantly throw revives away when they hit like 150 every other day, whereas I was always scrounging for even a couple normal potions, because the drought was so bad

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2017
    I'm at 232 caught and am missing some obtainable stuff like umbreon, blissy, steelix and zapdos.

Also no unknown but I'm not sure that counts as obtainable.

I've only got my regional (kangaskhan) but do have corsola.

KafkaAU on
    steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    In good poke news, I hatched a pichu after three nidorans in a row, so that's good!

In bad poke news, my gyrados battled for 1d 10h 17m and returned with 0 coins .... not sure why that happened, but it certainly goes along with the 'pokemon go will always let you down somehow' theory I have

• Options
    I'm assuming he was your only Pokémon in a gym? You didn't collect in the past 24 hours?

I've had it say 0 coins and I get the 50. And others it doesn't give me any. Not sure why but I'm not too bothered by it.

• Options
    I'm assuming he was your only Pokémon in a gym? You didn't collect in the past 24 hours?

I've had it say 0 coins and I get the 50. And others it doesn't give me any. Not sure why but I'm not too bothered by it.

yes he was my only one in a gym and I think I did collect in the past 24 hours

.... is there a max you can get in 24h? If so, why bother ever putting in more than one or two pokemons anywhere?!

• Options
    a

yes he was my only one in a gym and I think I did collect in the past 24 hours

.... is there a max you can get in 24h? If so, why bother ever putting in more than one or two pokemons anywhere?!

You are capped at 50 coins per day I think