Options

[PokemonGO] Now with weather effects!

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    That'd be my guess but it doesn't look like a hacked account. That's very weird.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Folks have crunched the numbers (because of course they did) and discovered your chances of getting ANY of the evolutionary items at a Pokestop is: 0.14 percent.

Today's my seven-day bonus and I didn't get one. Womp womp.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    So, I think I need like 6 or so right now. At 30 stops/day that's 120 items/day so ~60 days? :bigfrown:

• Options
    And that's if you don't get any repeats. :P

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    hatched 7 eggs from when they did those 1 time incubators

no gen2 pokes

no new pokes

no good pokes

• Options
    Yeah I've hatched about 20 or so and the only good one I've gotten (and it's actually really low on the CP list) is Chancey. Everything else has been things like Paras and Krabby.

• Options
    Dirk2112Dirk2112 Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »

Don't you need 2 of every one? I haven't received any of the others, but I got 2 King's Rocks which allowed me to get a SlowKing and Politoed. I guess a third would be rather useless.

NNID = Zepp914
  • Options
    Dirk2112 wrote: »

Don't you need 2 of every one? I haven't received any of the others, but I got 2 King's Rocks which allowed me to get a SlowKing and Politoed. I guess a third would be rather useless.

Oh that's true.

• Options

Well, assuming I get perfect distribution yeah. And assuming I don't accumulate new ones, which, at the rate I catch sunkerns, I absolutely will.

Artificial scarcity and tedium is the solution to everything...

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I got a Smoochum yesterday out of an egg. That was the highlight of my day/week.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    The highlight of my day was finding a Sudowoodo... and seeing its attack animation. Seriously, it's the best.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    That's adorable.

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    I literally hatched three Meowths in a row. Ugggggggggggggggg

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    hatched 7 eggs from when they did those 1 time incubators

no gen2 pokes

no new pokes

no good pokes

Egg content is set when you collect the egg, not when it hatches. So old eggs can't have gen2.

• Options
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    I really like the sunny day picture. Makes it feel more like Pokemon.

• Options
    Anyone else have pokes disappearing from nearby list, but still being there?

I'm driving home and I see a new poke at a stop. On the way to said stop I get a "fled" message. Radar refreshes, poke is gone. I continue to the stop, poke which is not on radar spawns, captured, etc...

• Options
    Looking at Silph Road now, I'm not 100% sure that's actually an update coming now. They are saying that picture is like a beta/concept thing...

• Options
    I think the fled message screws things up. I had that happen several months ago with a Lapras. When I drove there I got the same message but then a second later he spawned.

• Options
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Looking at Silph Road now, I'm not 100% sure that's actually an update coming now. They are saying that picture is like a beta/concept thing...

Yeah I saw that on the pokemongo subreddit. With the title "They should have done this instead of what we got". But I assumed that they didn't realize it was a future update from your twitter post.

• Options
    I think the fled message screws things up. I had that happen several months ago with a Lapras. When I drove there I got the same message but then a second later he spawned.

The fled message lies. My best guess here is it shows early based on walking speed - i.e. If you walked there, it would be gone by the time you arrive.

Also yeah, that tweet seems to be flat out wrong. It was early early beta stuff from development that was shown at GDC
    http://www.polygon.com/2017/2/28/14766026/pokemon-go-avatars-gdc-2017

It's a shame, I think it looks really nice

• Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    VishNub wrote: »
    Anyone else have pokes disappearing from nearby list, but still being there?

I'm driving home and I see a new poke at a stop. On the way to said stop I get a "fled" message. Radar refreshes, poke is gone. I continue to the stop, poke which is not on radar spawns, captured, etc...

That happens to me literally every time I track a Pokémon. I just ignore the "Pokémon has fled" message now, it only comes up when I'm almost there anyway

• Options
    TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    Actually kind of relieved. The time of day stuff would be pretty, but the game is already a battery hog without doing 3D buildings.

If anything, I'd appreciate a completely 2D map option with just sprites to help conserve some sliver of battery life.

NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
  • Options
    I'd totally play 8-bit mode Pokemon Go.

• Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Is there any point to me trying to get back into this? Everyone has way higher pokemon than me now and I feel like I'll never catch up. And since gyms are the only real thing to "do" in the game, I find just catching new guys to be pointless.

Has there been any news or rumors on other modes coming out?

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    redfield85 wrote: »
    Is there any point to me trying to get back into this? Everyone has way higher pokemon than me now and I feel like I'll never catch up. And since gyms are the only real thing to "do" in the game, I find just catching new guys to be pointless.

Has there been any news or rumors on other modes coming out?

If you're not interested in catching the Pokemon then yeah go ahead and uninstall it again. That's really the only difference now.

• Options
    Sweet, I found a Wobuffet and Chikarita at lunch. I am happy :)

Still no party Pikachus. It's amusing that I originally complained the event would steal spawns for Pikachus I already had (but with a free hat!) but now I'm complaining that it's barely an event. I kind of saw a Pikachu once on the nearby thing while I was at work and couldn't get it but that's it. There is a Pikachu nest in town so I am hoping this weekend I can pry myself away from Zelda long enough to go there and catch a couple

• Options
    Murkrow is my most hated new poke because 1) there's a million of the fucks, 2) They don't evolve into anything, so there's no point in catching them and most importantly 3) they have a black outline, so every fucking time I think it's a new poke to go get, and then it's fucking not. Fuck crows.

Also he looks stoned as fuck.

• Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    Murkrow is my most hated new poke because 1) there's a million of the fucks, 2) They don't evolve into anything, so there's no point in catching them and most importantly 3) they have a black outline, so every fucking time I think it's a new poke to go get, and then it's fucking not. Fuck crows.

It actually does get an evolution, although when that happens in Go is a complete mystery.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    furlion wrote: »

It actually does get an evolution, although when that happens in Go is a complete mystery.

Gen IV? At the rate we're going, a year from now.

• Options
    I don't mind them because it's about the only Dark type I can find right now. So at least catching them is progress towards the Dark badge.

• Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    Just caught my first Snorlax (first one I ever saw and it popped up when I just randomly opened the app while laying in bed!)!

After it escaped from 2 ultra balls and a great ball all paired with a razz berry. I managed to catch it with a normal pokeball with no razz berry I just threw out of frustration after wasting my higher level balls. Sort of annoying when the game just decides you aren't going to catch something on your first few attempts for no reason.

• Options
    LostNinja wrote: »
    Just caught my first Snorlax (first one I ever saw and it popped up when I just randomly opened the app while laying in bed!)!

After it escaped from 2 ultra balls and a great ball all paired with a razz berry. I managed to catch it with a normal pokeball with no razz berry I just threw out of frustration after wasting my higher level balls. Sort of annoying when the game just decides you aren't going to catch something on your first few attempts for no reason.

That's called RNG, sir. :) It's not that the game doesn't let you catch it.

• Options

no, that's pretty much exactly that =P

when your level, the ball level, the candy, and the throw have no bearing on the outcome, it's the game that is shitty

• Options
    Xaquin wrote: »

no, that's pretty much exactly that =P

when your level, the ball level, the candy, and the throw have no bearing on the outcome, it's the game that is shitty

Uh... What?

• Options
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    I mean it's been verified over and over again that the ball, raspberry, location, and curve effect the outcome of the throw so I'm not sure where you're getting at. :)

urahonky on
  • Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    I mean it's been verified over and over again that the ball, raspberry, location, and curve effect the outcome of the throw so I'm not sure where you're getting at. :)

Except in my example none of those things apparently mattered. The throws it escaped from were "nice" throws, as was the one that landed. And ball and raspberry clearly didn't affect it either since it escaped with higher level balls being used in conjunction with a raspberry and was caught by the lowest level ball when a raspberry wasn't used. An RNG that punishes early throws (because it wants you to waste balls and have to buy more) is a shitty mechanic.

• Options

Except in my example none of those things apparently mattered. The throws it escaped from were "nice" throws, as was the one that landed. And ball and raspberry clearly didn't affect it either since it escaped with higher level balls being used in conjunction with a raspberry and was caught by the lowest level ball when a raspberry wasn't used. An RNG that punishes early throws (because it wants you to waste balls and have to buy more) is a shitty mechanic.

Do you understand what random means?

• Options
    KetherialKetherial Registered User regular
    no need to be snide ura.

everyone of us has been punished by rnjesus at some point or another. in this game it can be very frustrating when you rasberry ultra ball great throw and the pokemon not only escapes but also flees. those are the times i consider uninstalling.

seems like something that could be corrected with better game design, to be honest. frustration shouldn't be a common occurrence in your gamer base and if your game constantly causes it, then maybe you should fix the more problematic occurrences of it.

always remember - rnjesus giveth, but mostly he taketh. as such, the game designers should program around it so that rnjesus is not such a fucking bitch.