Options

[Hearthstone] Mean Streets of Gadgetzan arrives Dec 1st!

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    I'd rather they made it so you could enter whether you want to gamble or not. That would keep the population much higher, and the high end players will still bet without the low end players getting fleeced.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Poor Firebat.

"Shamans don't run ooze, they run Harrison." runs out turn two War Axe.
    Shaman plays ooze.

Edit - Damn, goes 9/3. Lost to three Shamans. Last one had both ooze and Harrison tech.

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Aw Firebat got knocked out at 9, fucking god damn Shamans, fuck

• Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    If it suits anyone streaming taste, just saw the notification on Firebat's friend's list that Kibler is starting up Heroic Brawl now.

I must say having not watched Firebat's stream in a while, he's clearly made a serious effort to improve his skills as a streamer from the last time I tuned in. Really good explanations of his plays without going the full Ropecoach route.

He's currently 7-0.

Yeah, I mean, he didn't win Worlds for nothing. He's said he spent this year really working on casting and not on playing at all, so now he's trying to practice and get back to top form.

I love firebat in every endeavor.

He is the best caster. It's not even close.

• Options
    CoffeyCoffey Terre Haute, IndianaRegistered User regular
    From 9-0 to 9-3 losing to three straight Shamans.

I really was trying to be optimistic that this Heroic Tavern Brawl wouldn't be all Shaman. I tried to talk myself out of it. "People will just play decks that are favored against Midrange Shaman!" Expecting to see a lot of FaceHunter, Reno Warlock, Control Warrior and Freeze Mage. There are people playing those decks but so far, from all the various streams I've watched, it's like 60% Shaman still. Even the decks that are favored against Shaman still just lose to Shaman. I thought due to the high cost of entry and people being fearful of unfavored matches that they might opt to play the more controllish, slow games... but no, they just pay 1k gold to still cram Shaman in there. Whomp.

New set can't come out soon enough. This is depressing.

76561197967491341.png
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    To be fair, Firebat was probably getting mega sniped.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    he had over 30k viewers last I checked

that's crazy, I don't think I've ever seen him above 5k before without the aid of big hosts

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    man I get being bored but people playing the easiest and strongest deck shouldn't be that depressing. it's gonna be rare that after 2-3 months we aren't down to 1-2 decks that are considered the strongest + easiest.

don't get depressed by the natural order of competitive games!

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    dog is playing rogue and he's playing agaisnt a warrior in what looks like his first game

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    dog is playing rogue and he's playing agaisnt a warrior in what looks like his first game

he just finished his last run at... I think 6 or 7 wins? with control warrior

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Kibler is also playing, currently 4/2 with Mage.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    man I get being bored but people playing the easiest and strongest deck shouldn't be that depressing. it's gonna be rare that after 2-3 months we aren't down to 1-2 decks that are considered the strongest + easiest.

I think people find it depressing because Shaman was clearly the best deck before Karazhan, and all Karazhan did was make it even more powerful while doing very little for other classes. So this has been an unusually long stretch of a very stale meta.

• Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    Roz wrote: »
    If it suits anyone streaming taste, just saw the notification on Firebat's friend's list that Kibler is starting up Heroic Brawl now.

I must say having not watched Firebat's stream in a while, he's clearly made a serious effort to improve his skills as a streamer from the last time I tuned in. Really good explanations of his plays without going the full Ropecoach route.

He's currently 7-0.

Yeah, I mean, he didn't win Worlds for nothing. He's said he spent this year really working on casting and not on playing at all, so now he's trying to practice and get back to top form.

Ummm....
    CN88atwVAAAcYfC.jpg

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    To be fair, Firebat was probably getting mega sniped.

"He didn't have Hex last turn so we should be fine unless he topdecks it."
    *gets hexed from a non-drawn card*
    "That's unlucky."

No, it's really not.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    ColorlessGreenColorlessGreen Registered User regular
    Can anyone think of a mostly common/basic/few-rares deck (let's say under approximately 1k total dust cost and not relying on adventure cards at all) that has any prayer whatsoever of getting to even three wins in this brawl?

If I can locate some alt account I haven't touched in a while that has enough gold to lose at this brawl and then never get used again, I might take a swing at it and just see how far I can get on a tight budget, but I can't even really think of something to try that I feel like has any chance of going past 0-3, or maybe 1-3 if some opponent draws their curve backwards.

Hearthstone (NA, EU, Asia): Ceegee#1473 - spectators welcome.
  • Options
    You are not going to do well with budget decks in this brawl. It is the most competitive format for non tournament players yet.

• Options
    edited November 2016
    Oh I know, I'm just trying to brainstorm if there's anything that can do any better than "just providing free wins for netdecks". I'd be doing it on an alt I don't plan to use anymore, so "paying 1k gold to learn midrange shaman is awesome" isn't really a problem.

I'm looking for "how good can I do" not "can I be the very best like no-one ever was". I'm just failing to come up with anything where I think I have a chance at better than 0-3. I feel like there ought to be something somewhere that is literally just built to counter midrange shaman that might be able to get to 3-3 (which I would consider super success), but I'm failing. Was hoping that some of the more competitive players might have ideas.

Overall, though, I agree with you completely. I am not expecting much success, if any.

ColorlessGreen on
  • Options

I more so just lied to myself that this format would be different due to the high cost of entry and people being fearful of bad matchups. But in reality, the Shaman deck doesn't have any terrible matchups, which is part of the reason it's so good.

76561197967491341.png
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    i feel like i can win in standard, my tempo mage vs. midrange shaman.

it's not more than 55% against them tho, and it's teched to the eyeballs.

Lucedes on
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    I just started using heal portal in my cthun druid deck and my god that can give you some tasty minions

i've popped out an illidan, a thaurassian, and a game saving reckless rocketeer with that

• Options
    If your only concern is Shaman I'd suggest a burn heavy Mage. Freeze and Aggro Freeze are very powerful against the popular lists that run no healing and just Trogg/Golem and some removal for the early turns.

Both of those lists fold horribly to Warrior/Hunter/Druid though. It's only the right call if the meta is literally 50%+ Shaman.

• Options
    edited November 2016
    What's the best deck to trump both control Warrior and midrange Shaman though? Because I'd say that's 75% of the heroic meta.

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    What's the best deck to trump both control Warrior and midrange Shaman though? Because I'd say that's 75% of the heroic meta.

You want pretty different decks to beat those, unfortunately.

Secrets Midrange Hunter might make some headway?

• Options

If a known deck could do both we'd know about it by now.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Okay, so maybe not completely wreck both decks, but say wrecks Shaman and could still hold it's own against Warrior.

• Options
    Nothing wrecks Shaman that does not get SAVAGED by Warrior.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Kibler's playing Dragon Priest in the Heroic Brawl now, game 1 vs Mage

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited November 2016
  • Options

It's probably the closest you're going to get, yeah.

• Options
  • Options
    There's 4 recorded 12 wins recorded on the HS subreddit. Two are shamans, 1 is freeze mage, 1 is tempo mage.

The Freeze mage result is sort of shocking. There's enough Control warrior plodding around in there that I figured they would never make it all the way to the end.

As an aside, I think Streamers are crazy for actually streaming their runs through this (without a huge delay). There's no way they're not going to be mega sniped in a format with stakes this high.

I guess it's probably good for viewers though, they might care less about the rewards themselves than the viewership benefits.

• Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    Only reason not to stream is if you really want that all gold collection. Kripp opened like 700 OG packs day one.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    kime wrote: »
    Kibler's playing Dragon Priest in the Heroic Brawl now, game 1 vs Mage

Dragon Priest is doing badly :lol:

Although to be fair, when your opponent plays the Golden Monkey and gets two Deathwings, Sylvanas, Baron Geddon, & Onyxia, there's only so much you can do...

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    MMMig wrote: »
    Roz wrote: »

He's currently 7-0.

Ummm....
    CN88atwVAAAcYfC.jpg

Brode is responsible for the Shamapocalypse.

I cannot forgive

• Options
    If nothing else, this does show blizzard kinda how fucked up the metagame is. A lot of people play nonsense on the ladder and do well with it. This gives them a datapoint of what a cutthroat meta would look like.

• Options
    Mr. Yagut is at 11-2 with N'zoth warrior right now.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Hi.
    s05ytly.png

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Hi.
    s05ytly.png

WHY DIDN'T YOU HUG ME

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Hi.
    s05ytly.png

Choose your own sarcasm:
    You know, every time I look at the nerfed leper gnome sitting there not in any of my decks, I think to myself "if only there was a way for me to pay three times the cost."
    I sure wish wolfrider did one less damage
    Looks like unearthed raptor OTK is back on the menu, boys!

ColorlessGreen on
  • Options
    Well Backstreet Leper will surely see zero play. Even in Arena. Only way that card is seeing play is if something randomly summons it, like Faceless Summoner.

76561197967491341.png
This discussion has been closed.