Options

[Hearthstone] Mean Streets of Gadgetzan arrives Dec 1st!

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Sheep potion, huh? Okay. Bring on the frog potion too.

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Sheep potion, huh? Okay. Bring on the frog potion too.

my sheep/frog deck is gonna slay

• Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    You have sacred trial in play. Your opponent has no minions.

Your opponent plays two Dragonling Mechanics.

What happens?
    The second drangonling mechanic dies. The more you know....

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Yeah the battlecry summons hit the board first. I remember people getting their Booms sniped when they had a minion in play already.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    I got my n'zoth killed by secret trial because I had three deathrattles die up to that point.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    There was a new Warlock card revealed in Taiwan over night.

No official english name as of yet.

4 mana 4/2. Rare. Murloc.
    Battlecry: The next Murloc you play this turn costs Health instead of Mana.

Screen-cap for art (spoilered for large)
    415777d12a5c90bf6b0045a3a72ad48a.jpg

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    The Murloc is interesting, because it helps with those turns where you want to develop a huge board of murlocs. But at 4 mana he costs a lot himself and the stat spread isn't great. A 3/3 would be better, I feel.

I like the design, doubt it will see play (even in murloc warlock, regardless of how good that deck is).

• Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    Midrange murloc inc

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    BreakfastPMBreakfastPM Registered User regular
    Grobian wrote: »
    The Murloc is interesting, because it helps with those turns where you want to develop a huge board of murlocs. But at 4 mana he costs a lot himself and the stat spread isn't great. A 3/3 would be better, I feel.

I like the design, doubt it will see play (even in murloc warlock, regardless of how good that deck is).

Ah, yes, the classic Loclock deck.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    my favourite card is the first unrevealed rare warlock creature

watch this space it'll be baller

fuck i got owned

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Had some really disgusting luck last night:

One druid evolved his board of 5 minions, hitting doomsayer on one of them (lol)

The other was even more rage inducing for my opponent. it was glorious.

I'm down to 10 health, he has 6. He has 2 mirror images and plays Rag, who goes for my face. I have a death for his Rag, but no real play beyond that.

I opt to powerword: shield one of his minions to draw a way out instead. I hit majordomo (gogo malcheazar!), toss it out and hold my breath. He has no other cards to play and we both wait (in what I assume is complete silence) to see what Rag does.

Rag is a good sport and kills majordomo and i transform. The only way I could have ever won actually is within a 1/3 chance. I hit my hero power, and watch with glee how the missile goes straight to his face.

edit: ofcourse I ended it with a well timed "SO HOT!"

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    bwanie wrote: »
    Had some really disgusting luck last night:

One druid evolved his board of 5 minions, hitting doomsayer on one of them (lol)

The other was even more rage inducing for my opponent. it was glorious.

I'm down to 10 health, he has 6. He has 2 mirror images and plays Rag, who goes for my face. I have a death for his Rag, but no real play beyond that.

I opt to powerword: shield one of his minions to draw a way out instead. I hit majordomo (gogo malcheazar!), toss it out and hold my breath. He has no other cards to play and we both wait (in what I assume is complete silence) to see what Rag does.

Rag is a good sport and kills majordomo and i transform. The only way I could have ever won actually is within a 1/3 chance. I hit my hero power, and watch with glee how the missile goes straight to his face.

edit: ofcourse I ended it with a well timed "SO HOT!"

"A recent opponent wants to be your friend!"

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    sadly not, I did send them a request to say I was sorry, but they did not accept.

seriously though, using one of the worst legendaries to steal a game getting lucky on three subsequent dicerolls is probably my best moment up until now.

no skill, just pure aggrevating luck.

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options

Sorry folks, that's going to stay a nose in my books.

My brain can't take such a shock at this point.

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Dunno about those Mage and Warlock cards. A 4 mana 4/2 that lets you play a Murloc for health is like....eehhhh? Most Murlocs are 2 and under anyway...

The Mage card seems probably too weak. It's basically 1 mana off a regular Polymorph, with substantially increased odds of your big removal spell hitting like a 2 drop or something.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited November 2016
    Hmmmm
    JbWHFSD.png

HMMMMMMMMMM
    zopX7dQ.pngnQmm2BR.pngNb50wdR.png

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    It's weird to me that they're pushing Murlocs after removing the best Murloc card in the game from Standard (Murk-Eye).

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    ColorlessGreenColorlessGreen Registered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »
    It's weird to me that they're pushing Murlocs after removing the best Murloc card in the game from Standard (Murk-Eye).

Whether or not it's what happened internally at Blizzard, I see a not-unreasonable "freeing up design space" argument here, where dumping a whole lot of new murlocs into the game without removing the charger who grows with other murlocs was a thing they didn't want to do.

Hearthstone (NA, EU, Asia): Ceegee#1473 - spectators welcome.
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    I've never cared for Murlocs.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Theorycraft. Shaman Murloc Deck.

Play Ninja-loc turn 5, buff with WindFury, Rockbiter (or preferably primal fusion if you have totems) on 6. Kill two minions with Ninja to pull 2 Warleaders and 2 Bluegills. Everyfin is Awesome with the remaining 2 mana. Turn 6, have 2x 8/5 charge minions and 2x 7/6 warleaders, and 8/x Ninja.

...turn 7, get cleared.

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    Yilias wrote: »

They're poised for a takeover in Wild.

sig.gif

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    I'd wager warleader is the best murloc card

a murloc deck could work without murk-eye, it absolutely could not without warleader. Playing one with a decent board is your win condition in like 100% of matchups.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    There was a new Warlock card revealed in Taiwan over night.

No official english name as of yet.

4 mana 4/2. Rare. Murloc.
    Battlecry: The next Murloc you play this turn costs Health instead of Mana.

Screen-cap for art (spoilered for large)
    415777d12a5c90bf6b0045a3a72ad48a.jpg

stop printing free cards blizzard jesus

There are other balance muscles you can flex

• Options
    I'm in for more murloc synergy. I like tribal decks. We didn't find out what the motorcycle card was yet, right? That could be good.

• Options
    Heroic Tavern Brawl is live.

Looks like there's no freebie - it's either you play or you don't.

I am saving 1000 gold for MSG.

sig.gif

• Options
    edited November 2016
    Idx86 wrote: »
    Heroic Tavern Brawl is live.

Looks like there's no freebie - it's either you play or you don't.

I am saving 1000 gold for MSG.

Yeah, I have no desire to play Midrange Shaman in the ultimate stress environment for just Whispers Packs.

Saving my moolah for MSG.

Edit: However I am going to watch the shit out of some streamers playing this. It's definitely going to be interesting.

Muffinatron on
  • Options
    You know how they "nerfed" some murloc cards that trigger off ALL murlocs on board to only trigger off of yours?

Well, apparently they forgot about ol' murkeye which lost me the game.

>.<'

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    MMMig wrote: »
    You know how they "nerfed" some murloc cards that trigger off ALL murlocs on board to only trigger off of yours?

Well, apparently they forgot about ol' murkeye which lost me the game.

>.<'
    They didn't forget. It kind of even makes sense since he's the leader of all murlocs

• Options
  • Options
    I got 10 bucks to try Heroic at least once. Definitely going to watch some streamers play it first to get a gauge on the inner meta. Will probably end up running mid-range shaman though.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I am definitely not playing Midrange Shaman Fest 2016 Also It Costs One Thousand Gold just for some WotOG packs.

• Options
    edited November 2016
    I might step in with control warrior at some point

edit: probably have to craft a gorehowl, though

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    I really don't get why they didn't shift this out a few weeks to coincide with the Gadgetzan release.

That would've been epic. Very unstable meta. Everyone excited to try and get big pack hauls of the new set...

Why Blizz... WHY??

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    edited November 2016
    They could have just waited 2 weeks and done it after the release and it would be a lot more interesting and appealing, but I guess the point is to get people to waste gold on Whispers packs.

Coinage on
  • Options
    releasing two gold sinks at once doesn't make a lot of economic sense

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options

I do wonder if it would help them recoup lapsed players through the hype though.

Ah well, not going to happen now.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    That's why this gold sink came out first

Gotta sell those MSG packs

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Like the rest of you, my gold is more valuable for MSG packs than HTB.

I've got 5200 gold, probably 6000 by the time the expansion hits. It's a lot more valuable to me as new packs than a mode where I'd be lucky to get 5 wins.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    Watching Amaz now. He's playing handlock with Faceless Leroy combo and is 3/0. Two opponents I've watched were shamans.

• Options
    Watching Amaz now. He's playing handlock with Faceless Leroy combo and is 3/0. Two opponents I've watched were shamans.

He's playing Renolock. Saw him put the deck together.

This discussion has been closed.