Options

[Hearthstone] Mean Streets of Gadgetzan arrives Dec 1st!

• Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    I so want this to be a thing:
    14993383_1157045001015202_720083053597119945_n.jpg?oh=996f33cf10e59da34155b6c89f178f4d&oe=58C101BB

Muffinatron on
    PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    14993383_1157045001015202_720083053597119945_n.jpg?oh=996f33cf10e59da34155b6c89f178f4d&oe=58C101BB

How... how would that work? Repentance works on Jaraxxus, and has the same wording. This could be amazing :P

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    kime wrote: »

How... how would that work? Repentance works on Jaraxxus, and has the same wording. This could be amazing :P

Sacred Trial also works on Jaraxxus.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options

"works"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GE8xQJDuodA

<3 DisguisedToast

Steam profile
  • Options
    Firebat is now on Heroic brawl too. 3-0 with N'Zoth Control Warrior.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular

"works"

<3 DisguisedToast

Hey, I didn't say it works how you wanted it to :P

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    I'm really happy to see professional streamers making it far without shaman. Mad props.

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    I'm really happy to see professional streamers making it far without shaman. Mad props.
    They see the heart of the cards.

• Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    They should've given it a free pass for the first time though if people lost right away they wouldn't pay any money for it the second time.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited November 2016

hello

This card is interesting. It's got REALLY shitty stats, the Deathrattle could be a hindrance, but that battlecry is pretty damn good. That's NOT a random target, you get to choose.

So, if we imagine this card as like... a neutral Spell (because a 2/2 ain't really gonna stick), it's kind of interesting! Maybe classes that don't have much in the way of single target removal might want it? Paladin? Priest?? Hmm.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular

It would more than likely just leave the 1-1 sheep on the board.

If they actually sticked to their guns, this would still be true since the wording says to replace hero with Jaraxx, not Sheepraxxus, eregard lord of the cotton legion!

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    Dibby wrote: »

That's targeted damage too. I like it.
    PURIFY SYNERGY

Steam profile
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Might be a thing in Reno decks! Those frequently struggle for single target removal (particularly the Warlock versions).

• Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    Blizzard: Guys I don't know why you keep using all these generically OP cards for shaman when Evolve could be really OP! Here, let us help.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    actually kills azure drake 10/10 automatic two of in priest

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited November 2016

hello

This card is interesting. It's got REALLY shitty stats, the Deathrattle could be a hindrance, but that battlecry is pretty damn good. That's NOT a random target, you get to choose.

So, if we imagine this card as like... a neutral Spell (because a 2/2 ain't really gonna stick), it's kind of interesting! Maybe classes that don't have much in the way of single target removal might want it? Paladin? Priest?? Hmm.

She makes a great Evolve or Madam Goya target.

BUT!

She is 100% the perfect counter to Sylvannas. Kill Sylvannas for free and give them a 2/2 which deals 5 to their face when she dies. VALUE!

636148871732992562.png

Seadevil Stinger named confirmed.

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    The ordering works properly for Sylvanas, right? 1) Battlecry does damage, 2) kills Sylv, 3) Deathrattle gets queued, 4) Bomb Squad hits the board, 5) Deathrattle triggers and steals Bomb Squad?

I'm just not sure about the ordering of 4/5

Steam profile
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    The ordering works properly for Sylvanas, right? 1) Battlecry does damage, 2) kills Sylv, 3) Deathrattle gets queued, 4) Bomb Squad hits the board, 5) Deathrattle triggers and steals Bomb Squad?

That should be correct.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    I really don't get why they didn't shift this out a few weeks to stop piling on stress to a human race that is terrified and shaken to its core with the events of this month.

Fixed.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    It's a shame it's specified enemy minion damage.

I might've liked the friendly Sylvanas shenanigan utility for such an expensive effect.

Muffinatron on
  • Options

Oh boy, this is a tricky one, huh.

It's entirely possible that Sylv's Deathrattle goes off before Bomb Squad technically hits the board, stealing... nothing? If we go by the "first played, first triggered" rule.

This is gonna require some mad science, yo.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    dog goes online with the title of "world's first 0-3?", queues up control warrior and immediately loses to reno c'thun lock running arch thief in which an 8/9 taunt arch thief won a 6 target brawl

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    wait, two streamers are getting wins playing something besides midrange shaman in the tavern brawl? butbutbut people told me that was the only deck you can win wiiiiiiiith

not sure if I am gonna bother with the brawl but I still like teh idea. and I kidn of like seeing it for the first time in a settled meta.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options

It's entirely possible that Sylv's Deathrattle goes off before Bomb Squad technically hits the board, stealing... nothing? If we go by the "first played, first triggered" rule.

sylv steals fire ele when killed by it last I checked, so it should definitely work

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »

That should be correct.

This is Hearthstone...
    ac1.jpg

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options

Usually the "first played, first triggered" rule only applies to similar things (2 Deathrattles, 2 Battlecries, 2 secrets, etc.). These aren't quite that, so I think they just get dealt with independently in a pre-determined order. Which is most likely to be "screw you Sylvanas" in this case :D

Steam profile
  • Options
    Hearthstone's order of interactions is almost always consistent.

Wording and how unintuitive it can be is what throws people.

• Options
    i mean

thank god Hearthstone isn't a physical game

otherwise we'd have players arguing for millennia over which was the right way to resolve the interactions in tournaments

whoof

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    Amaz has yet to play against someone who is not playing Midrange Shaman in the Heroic Brawl.

I can't even be mad. The data clearly show that it's the winningest deck, so if you're not absolutely confident in your ability to consistently beat it with another deck, it's what you should be playing.

• Options
    edited November 2016
    Amaz has yet to play against someone who is not playing Midrange Shaman in the Heroic Brawl.

I can't even be mad. The data clearly show that it's the winningest deck, so if you're not absolutely confident in your ability to consistently beat it with another deck, it's what you should be playing.

No, he played a (Tempo?) Mage either 2nd or 3rd game. His first game was a weird Midrange Shaman if it means anything (I remember a Tuskarr and a Doomhammer)

Muffinatron on
  • Options
    i mean

otherwise we'd have players arguing for millennia over which was the right way to resolve the interactions in tournaments

whoof

this is one of the big upsides to digital card games indeed! I've been doing some MTG drafting stuff lately and talked game theory with some of my friends at length and still don't have that good a grasp on the intricacies of the stack.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options

No, he played a (Tempo?) Mage either 2nd or 3rd game. His first game was a weird Midrange Shaman if it means anything (I remember a Tuskarr)

Ah I've only caught the last four games. Only 80% Midrange Shaman! Deck diversity!

blizz plz

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    i mean

whoof
    Well if it were a physical game they would also put more than 3 seconds into writing the card text.

• Options
    edited November 2016
    If it suits anyone streaming taste, just saw the notification on Firebat's friend's list that Kibler is starting up Heroic Brawl now.

I must say having not watched Firebat's stream in a while, he's clearly made a serious effort to improve his skills as a streamer from the last time I tuned in. Really good explanations of his plays without going the full Ropecoach route.

He's currently 7-0.

Muffinatron on
  • Options
    If it suits anyone streaming taste, just saw the notification on Firebat's friend's list that Kibler is starting up Heroic Brawl now.

I must say having not watched Firebat's stream in a while, he's clearly made a serious effort to improve his skills as a streamer from the last time I tuned in. Really good explanations of his plays without going the full Ropecoach route.

He's currently 7-0.

Yeah, I mean, he didn't win Worlds for nothing. He's said he spent this year really working on casting and not on playing at all, so now he's trying to practice and get back to top form.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    I wish I had all the cards for Control Warrior. Seems like the deck to play besides midrange.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I wish I had all the cards for Control Warrior. Seems like the deck to play besides midrange.

What cards are you missing?

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    CoffeyCoffey Terre Haute, IndianaRegistered User regular
    lwt1973 wrote: »
    They should've given it a free pass for the first time though if people lost right away they wouldn't pay any money for it the second time.

That defeats the entire purpose of this Tavern Brawl. If it were free the first time, it would just be filled with bad players that have nothing to lose. The purpose of this Brawl was to be high cost/high reward for the top players.

76561197967491341.png
  • Options
    MNC Dover wrote: »

What cards are you missing?

A lot. Grom, Elise, Justicarr, Baron Tech (I think I dusted the last one I got)... Just off the top of my head.

• Options
This discussion has been closed.