Options

sexy pokemon [chat]

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »
    I guess it was more olive skinned hakkes, is that what you want me to say

you want me to say he has olive skin

No orange is...distressingly on point

Hakkes you are chosen. Go find a big white power sword and. Wait.

Hang on. Lemme figure this out. Just go get a flute and we'll figure it out from there.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Oh shit how did I forget
    240px-654Braixen.png

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    I guess it was more olive skinned hakkes, is that what you want me to say

you want me to say he has olive skin

No orange is...distressingly on point

I mistook his hair as skin, it's deffo brown/green and his hair is like he's straight out of fucking ireland

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    wafflesmageewafflesmagee I like pancakes. Registered User regular
    Roadtriping from Colorado to Iowa with my family. I'm convinced this is like the first layer of my own personal hell. Also Nebraska.

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Houn wrote: »
    Is there like an infograph or something that explains the entire zelda lore, like including the game boy games and everything?

Zelda-Hyrule-Historia-2-620x413.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgzPeVe5P0Q
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxXuOpk2f54
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmINMVQNCw8

What order should I watch these in

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Roadtriping from Colorado to Iowa with my family. I'm convinced this is like the first layer of my own personal hell. Also Nebraska.

I went to Nebraska once! There were rednecks talking about taking America back from the sissies and living biblically

• Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    The Ganons are the same Ganons in the same way the Links and Zeldas are the same Links and Zeldas.

Ganon's ascension removes him from the disc and the loop. He's near final stage.

Some mornings, he can see the infernal plane.

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    My mom wants presents this year BUT also doesn't want anything.

I don't know how to gracefully offer money as tribute.

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    Is there like an infograph or something that explains the entire zelda lore, like including the game boy games and everything?

4, 5, 2, 3, 6

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    good morning chat
    *sees notification*
    rip in pepperonis @Hakkekage . being so selfish to pass away from joy and now Chat isnt meeting its diversity quota

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    It's just that sometimes he's a boy and sometimes he's a grown ass man and sometimes he's short and sometimes he's tall and she's always this bombshell amazonian firebrand and I don't get it.

Once there was a big egg in a dream sequence and then I remember a water level and burning bushes and there's dinosaurs and water people and there's a guy named gannon that's sometimes a pig man and sometimes just a big dudebro

Make sense pls. You're GORGEOUS TO LOOK AT PLS MAKE SENSE!

All the Links and Zeldas are different people and they're required to save hyrule at different points in their life. They're kindred souls and they're always the same "people" but different actual people.

AFAIK, Ganon is always the same Ganon (ignoring OoT's gerudo nonsense about males born every 100 years)

The Master sword determines if the hero is ready to save the day. OoT link wasn't ready yet, so it sealed him away until he was ready. WW Link couldn't be sealed away because he had to repair the master sword, this proved to the spirit that he was ready to wield it and plunge that fucker in ganon's head

For those who've played Skyward Sword, that spirit of the Master Sword is Fi. Fucking annoying ass "There is a 99% probability that I'm about to repeat what that NPC just told you word-for-word" Fi. She's the one in charge of that shit.

Hyrule is doomed.

I still need to finish that game.

But the controls are hyper frustrating.

Those spin the sword puzzles

it keeps reading my "twirls" as stabs.

It is stupid.

I hate it

Ugh.

Oh. Well, then, spoilers for the end and how it relates to the whole of series lore:
    I might mess this up a bit, it's been awhile: Gannon/dorf is the reincarnated spirit of Demise, a powerful demon that lead the demon armies that the Goddess Hylia purged from Hyrule way back. Zelda is the reincarnation of Hylia, and Link is the reincarnation of her protector? Anyway, Demise curses all their souls to continually be reborn into conflict with one another so he'll always have another chance to "win".

Which is the cannon explanation why there's always a Link, Zelda, and Gannon.

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    shit I'm hungry and I don't have food.

This is problematic.

I could eat sunflower seeds.

Or dry ramen.

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Wait

Was my dream basically Link's Awakening

Oh god

• Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    good morning chat
    *sees notification*
    rip in pepperonis @Hakkekage . being so selfish to pass away from joy and now Chat isnt meeting its diversity quota

You'll get by...just paint one of you up with a little spray tan

That's all you need for diversity these days

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    It's just that sometimes he's a boy and sometimes he's a grown ass man and sometimes he's short and sometimes he's tall and she's always this bombshell amazonian firebrand and I don't get it.

Once there was a big egg in a dream sequence and then I remember a water level and burning bushes and there's dinosaurs and water people and there's a guy named gannon that's sometimes a pig man and sometimes just a big dudebro

All the Links and Zeldas are different people and they're required to save hyrule at different points in their life. They're kindred souls and they're always the same "people" but different actual people.

AFAIK, Ganon is always the same Ganon (ignoring OoT's gerudo nonsense about males born every 100 years)

The Master sword determines if the hero is ready to save the day. OoT link wasn't ready yet, so it sealed him away until he was ready. WW Link couldn't be sealed away because he had to repair the master sword, this proved to the spirit that he was ready to wield it and plunge that fucker in ganon's head

For those who've played Skyward Sword, that spirit of the Master Sword is Fi. Fucking annoying ass "There is a 99% probability that I'm about to repeat what that NPC just told you word-for-word" Fi. She's the one in charge of that shit.

Hyrule is doomed.

It is stupid.

I hate it

Ugh.

Oh. Well, then, spoilers for the end and how it relates to the whole of series lore:
    I might mess this up a bit, it's been awhile: Gannon/dorf is the reincarnated spirit of Demise, a powerful demon that lead the demon armies that the Goddess Hylia purged from Hyrule way back. Zelda is the reincarnation of Hylia, and Link is the reincarnation of her protector? Anyway, Demise curses all their souls to continually be reborn into conflict with one another so he'll always have another chance to "win".

Yeah but that still doesn't explain how Six could see Gaius Balthazar when he wasn't a Cylon?

• Options
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Wait

Oh god

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkGJmFjfx6Q

• Options
    BTW, those Zelda Timeline videos are Gametrailers, so it's Brandon Jones' soothing voice explaining the shit in the Historia. They're pretty entertaining, though the music alone kinda does that.

• Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular

Hyrule is doomed.

It is stupid.

I hate it

Ugh.

Yeah but that still doesn't explain how Six could see Gaius Balthazar when he wasn't a Cylon?

duh they're all cylons

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Options
    there is only One God and Gaius is her prophet

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Options
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Wait

Oh god

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkGJmFjfx6Q

Yes, the minor parts of this, at least, are an appropriate soundtrack

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    good morning chat
    *sees notification*

You'll get by...just paint one of you up with a little spray tan

That's all you need for diversity these days

mm jersey shore orange.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular

Hyrule is doomed.

It is stupid.

I hate it

Ugh.

I mostly like that explanation, except for its impact on Wind Waker
    I may be wrong, but I thought Wind Waker was kind of a repudiation of people sitting around waiting for a chosen one. Buttlet becomes the Hero of the Wind because he goes out and makes himself the Hero of the Wind. Whereas in most other games it's framed more that Link is the only one who could have triumphed.

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Also saw that Levi's has requested that people not wear firearms or carry them in Levi's stores and suddenly every asshole on the internet is all "man I got to get to the comments section to say stupid shit and talk about how great Wrangler jeans are Levi's have always sucked I'm burning my old Levi's!"

Certain gun folks will go hard on this kind of thing.

When I was looking for a private trash service when I moved into my house I was looking at google reviews. One review was a guy who said he walked out of his house with his pistol in his hand to complain to the garbage men that they had not picked up his large lawn bags even though he'd called ahead. Apparently the garbage men were freaked out, told management and the company refunded the guy his fee and they said they wouldn't service his house anymore. So he came on to make sure everyone knew to boycott this company cause they are ANTI-GUN!!.

• Options
    loving Zelda soundtrack reminds me that I also love Chrono Cross soundtrack

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Options

Hyrule is doomed.

It is stupid.

I hate it

Ugh.

I may be wrong, but I thought Wind Waker was kind of a repudiation of people sitting around waiting for a chosen one. Buttlet becomes the Hero of the Wind because he goes out and makes himself the Hero of the Wind. Whereas in most other games it's framed more that Link is the only one who could have triumphed.

awesomed for naming the One True Linku

• Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    Today I learned that "reverse harem" is now an official, no-fucking-lie part of Pokemon lore.

Thanks chat!

• Options
    cptrugged wrote: »
    Also saw that Levi's has requested that people not wear firearms or carry them in Levi's stores and suddenly every asshole on the internet is all "man I got to get to the comments section to say stupid shit and talk about how great Wrangler jeans are Levi's have always sucked I'm burning my old Levi's!"

When I was looking for a private trash service when I moved into my house I was looking at google reviews. One review was a guy who said he walked out of his house with his pistol in his hand to complain to the garbage men that they had not picked up his large lawn bags even though he'd called ahead. Apparently the garbage men were freaked out, told management and the company refunded the guy his fee and they said they wouldn't service his house anymore. So he came on to make sure everyone knew to boycott this company cause they are ANTI-GUN!!.

what the fuck

even my redneck uncle would call that guy an asshole

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Options

There were five people in my office that drove for Uber and when Uber said they wouldn't insure you if you carried they all stopped in protest.

People be crazy when it comes to where they can carry guns. Which is insane because even in the old west it was like "hey once you get to town, give that belt to the bartender and you can pick it up when you're done boozin and whorin and on your way back to camp"

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    I do not appreciate flash mobs.

The only one I've really seen was one of those flash orchestra / band ones at Dragon*Con. It was pretty great. Suddenly all these random folks with instruments came out of nowhere and started playing nerd shit. It was really cool.

• Options
    hockey guy i have hit the play button.
    regina spektor san
    send me to heavenaruuuuuuuu

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular

Hyrule is doomed.

It is stupid.

I hate it

Ugh.

The gods had abandoned Hyrule and the triforce of courage had been shattered as a result I think? This Link was the only Link that wasn't a decedent of the original Link, but his soul contained the spirit of the hero of time IIRC. That's why he went on the adventure. He went to save his sister originally, but ended up staying the course and saving Hyrule because he was the Hero of Time reincarnated.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular

Hyrule is doomed.

It is stupid.

I hate it

Ugh.

Buttlet > Smeef > Spiyarmf > Slurmp > Loafus > Scrumf

• Options

Hyrule is doomed.

It is stupid.

I hate it

Ugh.

Retroactive Continuity. I really don't think there was any plan for cohesion. They just made some games and people kept trying to fit them together and asking until Nintendo said, "UGH, FINE NERDS, HERE'S A TIMELINE AND EXPLANATIONS now we're gonna just ignore this shit and go back to making games about elfbois with swords."

• Options
    I do not appreciate flash mobs.

The only one I've really seen was one of those flash orchestra / band ones at Dragon*Con. It was pretty great. Suddenly all these random folks with instruments came out of nowhere and started playing nerd shit. It was really cool.

Like if I'm already surrounded by 70K people then whatever. That's fine.

But if I'm in the middle of downtown and there's like 100 people on the street and then a thousand people come running out and doing the main theme from rent I'm going to have a panic attack and dive in a dumpster.

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Burnage wrote: »
    Drez wrote: »

4, 5, 2, 3, 6

man, don't cut out Liam Neeson like that, he was one of the best parts of the prequels.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options

Hyrule is doomed.

It is stupid.

I hate it

Ugh.

Buttlet > Smeef > Spiyarmf > Slurmp > Loafus > Scrumf

smeef?

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    TL DR wrote: »
    TL DR wrote: »
    tyrannus wrote: »
    Does anyone else get unseasonably angry at video ads that interrupts your Spotify groove

Adblock on phone pls

All advertising is assault.

yes but i need to get paid so

12747298_10156553473165596_2944190008048236153_o.jpg

until capitalism is abolished i will participate in it

as you all do

It is rather amazing. everybody hates ads except for the ads they love, and sometimes they don't even realize they are ads.

That Mass Effect Andromeda Trailer was p badass and I am very much looking forward to Rogue One.

I feel like this is uncharitable. I realize that I'm the outlier, but I take great pains to avoid ads, am v critical of product placement in shows, take steps to un-brand my language, etc.

• Options
    I want to make a game that has the narrative structure of that dream, but

time

and effort

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Facebook-~ComradeBear-a9f9c1.png

• Options
    BiL said dad was doing the "nose thing" (like he's got the sniffs which means he's prolly in love with the coco again) and my concern is that since he has zero dollars his shitty dealer who my BiL threatened to kill if he saw him again is going to end up giving him meth.

well it's been a good run I guess.

This discussion has been closed.