Options

[Australia]. Stolen lands often referred to as a country.

• Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    Triple M seems to be going hard after that Southern Cross Neck Tattoo, Aussie Flag Cape wearing audience.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    -SPI- wrote: »
    Triple M seems to be going hard after that Southern Cross Neck Tattoo, Aussie Flag Cape wearing audience.

That is their primary demo, after all.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
  • Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    Hey I hope all of you Melbourne folks, along with those you know, are okay. This is so sad and horrific

Gatsby on
  • Options
  • Options
    AwkoAwko About to poison the waterhole.Registered User regular
    I'm okay.

This sucks.

• Options
    HyperBalladHyperBallad A ball of vivid colour and barely contained emotions Sydney. Lost in time and space.Registered User regular
    I’m assuming S and J are fine?

Steam: poetic_gecko.
    2DS/3DS Friend code 0361-7385-2366
    Twitter: @PoeticGecko
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    again?????

Sadly after the big vehicle attack in France I think we have to expect this shit more or less regularly now. This year all the christmas markets near streets here have been secured with reinforced bollards or concrete barriers. It's a bit depressing.

• Options
    Cobalt60Cobalt60 regular Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    btw Jordan I edited one of my posts so there is now a (shitty) bird joke on page 57.

Cobalt60 on
  • Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    tynic wrote: »
    again?????

Sadly after the big vehicle attack in France I think we have to expect this shit more or less regularly now. This year all the christmas markets near streets here have been secured with reinforced bollards or concrete barriers. It's a bit depressing.

That security doesn't help at that spot in Melbourne though; it's an intersection where all the lights go red so that pedestrians can cross the entire square of road however which-way they feel like.

• Options
    Well, according to The Australian, the police don't think this was terrorism-related. I guess we'll see over the next few days.

• Options
    pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    A lot of racist dickheads are disappointed by the news, but yea. Seems to be drug abuse/mental health related causes.

• Options
    CyvrosCyvros Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    Cobalt60 wrote: »
    btw Jordan I edited one of my posts so there is now a (shitty) bird joke on page 57.

You have no idea how much I appreciate this.
    pimento wrote: »
    Cyvros wrote: »
    Searching for positives, at least the Koorie Heritage Trust will still live at Fed Square (and in a larger location, which is good as it's apparently outgrowing its current spot). I guess the main other positive is that this will free up a decent amount of public space, which is good for more popular public events, festivals, rallies and such.

It kind of sounds like Fed Square might have a revenue issue, which probably would've played into the get-Apple-leasing decision. The Fed Square corporate plan outlines a desire for more financial self-sufficiency, so maybe ideally Apple's money would prevent or reduce any potential rate increases for cultural institutions like the Koorie Heritage Trust, the NGV and ACMI. At least Apple can't offshore-loophole its way out of tenancy money... right?

They'll find a way.

Yeah, that is probably 100% true.

Cyvros on
  • Options
    pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular

Apple will revolutionise the outside with a radical new concept known as the 'offline shared space'. It's never been done before. Screech on down to the Apple Space (tm) to listen to some corporate approved inoffensive pop and gaze upon the wonderment that is our benevolent corporate overlord.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
  • Options
    man, I love her shoes.

• Options
    OrthancOrthanc Death Lite, Only 1 Calorie Off the end of the internet, just turn left.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    These non-holiday forum's scare me. I'm just gonna hang out here for a bit while i adjust.

orthanc
  • Options
    AJRAJR Some guy who wrestles NorwichRegistered User regular
    Hey @firewaterword I'm in Tassie at the moment. It's not the most exciting place, but it's very pretty. Went sightseeing today actually. Travelled along the beach. Whether or not you would want to come here depends on what you want to do. Plenty of sightseeing, wineries, places to go camping, local wildlife to see, MONA is cool. Hobart has some fun bars and stuff.

But yeah. Not much else.

Aaron O'Malley. Wrestler extraordinaire.
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Instagram
  • Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    Post holiday update:
    Tawny Frogmouth

• Options
    HyperBalladHyperBallad A ball of vivid colour and barely contained emotions Sydney. Lost in time and space.Registered User regular
    Hey @Lalabox. Friend of mine posted this on Facebook earlier today. Made me think of you, dunno why
    14qbe36db4tm.jpeg

• Options
    KincaidKincaid You're standing on my neck KuwaitRegistered User regular
    The birthday joke has run its course.
    No more, please.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    What happened nick?

• Options
    I’m enjoying my holiday and aren’t in the mood for another series of happy birthday posts to Facebook

So I’ve taken the liberty of deleting the ones posted today.

Pax time is fine, that’s become something of a tradition.

• Options
    AwkoAwko About to poison the waterhole.Registered User regular
    Fair call.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Sorry, dude.

• Options
    CyvrosCyvros Registered User regular
    Kincaid wrote: »
    I’m enjoying my holiday and aren’t in the mood for another series of happy birthday posts to Facebook

So I’ve taken the liberty of deleting the ones posted today.

Pax time is fine, that’s become something of a tradition.

I will have you know I actually had nothing to do with it.
    This time.
    <3

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    So, hey Kiwi folks and @Tef and such

if you're between the ages of 10-29 and living in NZ, please double check with your GP if you need to get a booster for your mumps vaccine.

There's near-epidemic levels of mumps cases going on in Auckland in particular, but all over the country as well. There's some belief that folks in that age range were either not fully vaccinated at all, or the vaccine that they had in infancy is not potent enough.

http://www.radionz.co.nz/national/programmes/morningreport/audio/2018627327/urge-for-vaccine-push-after-rapid-rise-of-mumps-in-auckland

• Options
    I saw a post on your wall and followed suit. Sorry Nick.

• Options
    All good :)

• Options
    Happy new year nerds

There are 5 very friendly dogs at this party, including a staffy puppy

• Options
    And are there ... people?

• Options
    Have you broken into a kennel?

• Options
    If you have broken into a kennel, we're going to need pictures of the dogs

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    9 minutes to go.

Happy New year, friends

• Options
    5 dogs in a kennel

• Options
    Flute solo in "Land down under" during ABC's new year countdown program :confused:

• Options
    discrider wrote: »
    Flute solo in "Land down under" during ABC's new year countdown program :confused:

What have you got against flautists?

• Options
    EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    What's 2018 like? Is it already a thousand percent better than 2017?

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    Our best friends who were hosting the New Years Eve party announced they were pregnant after like 5 years of trying and several failed rounds of IVF, so we had a pretty joyful party.

Of course, it meant one of the heaviest party drinkers was strictly non-alcoholic, but these days we've all sort of been there.

Added bonus: we had arranged for our kids to go home with their grandparents for a special birthday/NYE sleep over, so we got to stay up late and spend some extra special adult time with some of our best friends talking late into the night, which will be one of the last times we do that for a while.

And now the kids are out of the house, my wife is getting a nice lie-in, and I'll probably make bacon and French Toast around 10 for her breakfast.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    If I stay awake till midnight it will be the hardest and stupidest thing I've ever done.

Also I nearly typed one, and I just realised I've spent all day thinking new years started at 1am, and I think this is emblematic of how damn tired I am.

This discussion has been closed.