Options

[Australia]. Stolen lands often referred to as a country.

• Options
    pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    Cobalt60 wrote: »
    pimento wrote: »
    Australian humour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48Bbxq1O9v0

Slight language warning.

What the hell did I just watch?

the future of past comedy

• Options
    CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    Hey Sydney folks! Anyone have opinions about the Panania area? The wife and I are looking to maybe move there, but it's hard to find specific info that's not Blacktown council...

工事中
  • Options
    CyvrosCyvros Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    Oh and I threw in an option for the evening of Australia Day.

I voted twice on different devices and it looks awkward on the page.

Sorry.

• Options
    ApocalyptusApocalyptus Registered User regular
    Restaurant suggestions that are relatively reasonably priced and would work for a group:
    • Moroccan Soup Bar
    • Vegie Bar (assorted vegetarian)
    • Chimac (Fusion Korean and Mexican)
    • Dinknesh Lucy (Ethiopian)
    • Blok M (Indonesian)
    • Hanoi Rose (Modern Vietnamese)
    • Viet Soup Kitchen (Vietnamese)
    • Shandong Mama (Dumplings, Shandong style)
    • Milk the Cow (Cheese themed, would probably need a booking)

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    I vote Chimac!

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Is the Ethiopian place the one we have been to before?

• Options
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    I vote Chimac!

Oh, yea, Chimac is good. Go there. Nice pub next door too.

• Options
    Yeah, the one in Footscray

• Options
    stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    I vote Chimac!

Oh, yea, Chimac is good. Go there. Nice pub next door too.

I ate there when I was seeing family recently. It was decent.

Sorry i didn't shout out to anyone in Melbourne I did not have the time to catch everyone in town.

I'd also been drinking at the Drunken Poet which is alright but maybe not that much space depending on how many you've got or when you go.

stimtokolos on
  • Options
    Righto hep cats and groovy squares, there's a new pop up bar in town.. and it's LEGOBAR.

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    My feet just recoiled in horror

• Options
    HyperBalladHyperBallad A ball of vivid colour and barely contained emotions Sydney. Lost in time and space.Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Righto hep cats and groovy squares, there's a new pop up bar in town.. and it's LEGOBAR.

If this is another Melbourne exclusive...

Edit: Oh good. It’s coming here. Excellent.

HyperBallad on
    Steam: poetic_gecko.
    2DS/3DS Friend code 0361-7385-2366
    Twitter: @PoeticGecko
  • Options
    My anxiety would be constantly spiking at the idea of breaking people's beautiful Lego sculptures.

• Options

If this is another Melbourne exclusive...

Edit: Oh good. It’s coming here. Excellent.

It's coming here. It's going on a nationwide tour including a small isolated town. You're not missing out..

• Options
    Cyvros wrote: »
    My anxiety would be constantly spiking at the idea of breaking people's beautiful Lego sculptures.

You're not breaking them, you're giving useful structural integrity testing with immediate results.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Yeah, the one in Footscray

On the one hand I really enjoyed the food there, on the other hand, it probably makes sense to go somewhere we haven't been to before.

• Options
    I am tempted to go to the cheese bar again though and order an amount of cheese that is not ridiculous.

• Options
    Well I'm not too fussed where we go as long as it isn't too pricey, is relatively accessible for most/all of us and we'll be able to hear each other talk.

• Options
    I was just going to make a WhatsApp dinner group and message people on that during dinner.

• Options
    We could just all put earplugs in and sign at each other.

• Options
    I only know one sign.

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    I only know one sign.
    :+1: ?

• Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
  • Options
    It's fine, we just have fire suppression systems woven into our clothes.

• Options
    KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    I just have to say, bravo Australia, bravo.

https://youtu.be/gb0syCmO2zc

• Options
    I wonder how far they've managed to get at turning that into a family friendly event.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2018
    Can't decide if summernats was the worst part about living in canberra, or the fact that summernats wasn't the worst part of living in canberra was the worst part of living in canberra.

edit: I'm pretty sure it's always been family-friendly, for a particular type of family.

tynic on
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    The organisers tried to get rid of the more anti-social parts of the event.

I'm not sure what exactly that means though.
    I imagine it was a reduction in any booth-babe equivalents and (openly?) gang entrants?

At the very least, hanging out around engines and on asphalt at the height of summer is not my idea of a good time.
    So I've never been.

... Perhaps it's just a reduction in alcohol at the event.
    That might have worked.

discrider on
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Just for interest, here are the T&Cs for Summernats:
    Terms & Conditions

Summernats is a safe place for women

* I agree that the verbal or physical harassment of women, in any way, at Summernats is unacceptable. If I engage in such behavior, I will be ejected from the Summernats.

Summernats Car Festival

‘You’ and ‘your’ refers to the customer. ‘We’, ‘us’, ‘our’ and event organiser refers to Summernats Pty Ltd (ABN 48 139 042 961). This ‘agreement’ means these terms and conditions and any other conditions specified by us on our booking form.
    All tickets are non-refundable and non-exchangeable except in accordance with the applicable laws in the region of purchase. Includes any charitable donation.
    Event organisers reserve the right to withdraw, reschedule or substitute features and may vary advertised programs, prices and venues.
    Age of child is determined at the date of the event not at the purchase date.
    Children must be accompanied by a responsible adult at all times.
    Anyone aged 16 and under planning to camp, must be accompanied by a responsible camping adult at all times.
    No alcohol, illicit drugs glass, animals, fireworks, weapons, pools and spas, drones, motorcycles, motorised scooters or eskies, skateboards or any unauthorised vehicles are to be brought into the event site.
    Still cameras (not professional) are permitted but images may only be used for private purposes and not public display. Patrons offer consent to be included in film and sound recordings of the event and for these recordings to be used by the event organiser.
    Entry may be refused if tickets are damaged or defaced in any way or are not purchased through an authorised point of sale. Ticket to be exchanged for event wristband at event ticket box to gain entry and re-entry. Broken wristbands will not be honoured or replaced.
    All bookings and ticket purchases are non-transferable and may not be sold or transferred by you.
    The right is reserved to charge a fee for the replacement of tickets.
    The right of admission is reserved and is subject to the event organiser and the venues terms of admission.
    It is a condition of entry that you submit to a search of person or possessions on entry to the venue if we decide to take such action.
    To the fullest extent permitted by law, we do not accept liability of any nature for the acts, omissions or default of those providing services in connection with ‘Summernats Pty Ltd’ or any liability for any injury, damage, loss, delay or additional expenses which are incurred at or in association with this event. Where legislation implies any condition or warranty which cannot be excluded or modified, that condition or warranty will be deemed to be included in this agreement. However, our liability for any breach of such condition or warranty will be limited, at our option, to the resupply of the services or the cost of having the services supplied again. In no event will we be liable for any indirect, consequential, exemplary or special damages.
    You acknowledge that neither we nor the venue will be responsible for any loss or damage to the property (including personal property such as bags, money or other personal items) brought to or purchased at the event by you or your invitees.
    You will be liable for any loss or damage caused at the event by you or your invitees.
    We reserve the right to cancel or postpone the event for any reason.
    You must ensure that you and your invitees act in an orderly manner when attending the event. We may refuse entry or evict you or any of your invitees if they are behaving in a disorderly, offensive or inappropriate manner.
    There will be no refund on any unused portion of tickets if you or your invitees are asked or forced to leave or if you decide not to attend any part of the Event.
    Pursuant to your booking, we may need to collect and keep personal information about you including your name, address, credit card or payment details, telephone number and the names of all ticket allocations. We may need to disclose your personal information as required by law or as permitted under the Privacy Act. Our Privacy Policy outlines how we will handle your personal information.
    ‘Summernats Pty Ltd’ cares for the environment and community. Please be respectful and place any litter in the bins provided around the venue.
    BY ENTERING EXHIBITION PARK IN CANBERRA AND SPECTATING, PARTICIPATING IN OR OTHERWISE ATTENDING SUMMERNATS, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT:

THE SUMMERNATS IS A DANGEROUS RECREATIONAL ACTIVITY;
    THERE IS A RISK TO YOU OF INJURY, SERIOUS INJURY OR DEATH IN RESPECT OF THE DANGEROUS RECREATIONAL ACTIVITY, ALONG WITH THE LOSS OF, DAMAGE TO OR DESTRUCTION OF PROPERTY (“THE RISK”);
    YOU HAVE ACTED VOLUNTARILY WITH FULL APPRECIATION OF THE RISK;
    BY YOUR VOLUNTARY ASSUMPTION OF THE RISK, SUMMERNATS PTY LTD (ACN: 139 042 961) WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INJURY, SERIOUS INJURY OR DEATH, OR LOSS OF, DAMAGE TO OR DESTRUCTION OF PROPERTY, ARISING FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR SPECTATING, PARTICIPATION OR IN OTHERWISE ATTENDING SUMMERNATS;
    THIS DISCLAIMER CONSTITUTES A RISK WARNING OF THE RISK; AND
    AS YOU HAVE BEEN GIVEN A RISK WARNING, SUMMERNATS PTY LTD DOES NOT OWE YOU A DUTY OF CARE TO TAKE CARE IN RESPECT OF THE RISK

But yeah, Respect women, no bikes, no alcohol.

discrider on
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Lmao, respect for women. Lmfao, no alcohol.
    Things might be a bit better than they used to be, but crowds of drunken sunburned bogans chanting "tits out for the boys / flash your gash" at the women in the cars cruising around is still commonplace.

• Options
    Next you'll be saying that they brought motorised eskies in too
    I didn't want to assume anything having never been

• Options
    But yeah, every year we get articles like this proclaiming how much progress has been made:
    http://www.canberratimes.com.au/act-news/summernats-keeps-its-wild-side-but-nails-patron-safety-20180107-h0epk2.html

• Options
    I love that it's
    the car show in Canberra that says it's trying "to establish burnouts as a legitimate motor sport."

Not sure the FIA's going to be all that interested in taking it on any time soon.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    discrider wrote: »
    But yeah, every year we get articles like this proclaiming how much progress has been made:
    http://www.canberratimes.com.au/act-news/summernats-keeps-its-wild-side-but-nails-patron-safety-20180107-h0epk2.html

Related articles:
    Strippers enjoy bumper season during Summernats

• Options

Related articles:
    Strippers enjoy bumper season during Summernats

Obviously, once we have the tram going to the showgrounds, the next line should go to Fyshwick

• Options
    Ah hmm.
    All those attendees have cars though.

• Options
    Ah hmm.

Yes but how many are still allowed to drive them?

• Options
    I don't think it matters.
    ACT Police would be hard pressed to pick them out of the normal population of poorly driven, smoke-belching cars.

• Options
    HyperBalladHyperBallad A ball of vivid colour and barely contained emotions Sydney. Lost in time and space.Registered User regular
    Ah hmm.

Yes but how many are still allowed to drive them?

BURN(out)

Steam: poetic_gecko.
    2DS/3DS Friend code 0361-7385-2366
    Twitter: @PoeticGecko
  • Options
    Watching ABC.
    Talking about sales growth for the December quarter.
    Over the top of a picture of Masters...

This discussion has been closed.