Options

[Australia]. Stolen lands often referred to as a country.

• Options
    ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    Kincaid wrote: »
    Greetings from Yanbu, Saudi.
    The forums aren’t blocked here. Everything else is.

1a1d9729b39ecd8ba718b8d59a2a166bd2b56d213aa8e03f0ea33404e62fa840.jpg

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Butler wrote: »
    Kincaid wrote: »
    Greetings from Yanbu, Saudi.
    The forums aren’t blocked here. Everything else is.

1a1d9729b39ecd8ba718b8d59a2a166bd2b56d213aa8e03f0ea33404e62fa840.jpg

I know I'm dialling the Saudi consulate with both phones!

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    tynic wrote: »
    What the fuck were these survey respondents smoking??

DVJg-BdX0AI6FC4.jpg:large

... this is one of those things where nobody they asked actually knows dick about australia, they just like our "laid back attitude" and extensive tourism industry, isn't it.

australia's biggest global contribution of the last couple decades has been inspiring other countries to imitate our horrifying immigration policies

also i think it's funny that israel is lower than russia on that list

And UK above the EU. People have some weird opinions!

• Options
    KincaidKincaid You're standing on my neck KuwaitRegistered User regular
    [
    I know I'm dialling the Saudi consulate with both phones!

I’ve made a huge mistake.

• Options
    FlayFlay Registered User regular
    Anyone here playing the monster hunter?

• Options
    HyperBalladHyperBallad A ball of vivid colour and barely contained emotions Sydney. Lost in time and space.Registered User regular
    Flay wrote: »

I know @Gatsby is.

Steam: poetic_gecko.
    2DS/3DS Friend code 0361-7385-2366
    Twitter: @PoeticGecko
  • Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular

@Flay what're you playing on? I'm on PS4 so lemme know if you're down to hunt!

• Options
    Stop the presses - Barnaby Joyce is having a child out of wedlock?

SOMEBODY HAD SEX WITH BARNABY JOYCE???

God this really is the darkest timeline

• Options
    @Gatsby Yep PS4. Any time, my ID is flay_d

• Options
    HyperBalladHyperBallad A ball of vivid colour and barely contained emotions Sydney. Lost in time and space.Registered User regular

Barnaby the Bonking BeetRoot.

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular

Hey now, let's not overlook the possibility that this is a paid-for anchor baby.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    A (married at the time of the affair) staffer of his.

Family values! *BARF*

• Options
    -SPI- wrote: »
    A (married at the time of the affair) staffer of his.

Family values! *BARF*

What? He values families so much he decided to start a second one.

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    I should say that although I somewhat agree with Labor and the Greens that people are entitled to their privacy, public servants have to remain impartial.
    So Vikki needed to be fired as soon as she was found pregnant, if she was a public servant.
    Which is possibly why everything was covered over on social media, to prevent the perception of partiality, without treating the conflict of interest.
    Although equally possibly it was for privacy reasons instead.

I would prefer her to be still fired from public service but we garnish Barnaby's pay for her indefinitely.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    I dunno, it feels a bit hypocritical.

I mean how often in the papers is there some celebrity sleeping with some other person that I don't care about, why weren't the pollies demanding their privacy?

The only reason labour and the greens didn't follow it up was to give them the moral highground when it inevitably got out.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    And if he is asking for his privacy, ok sure.

But if he wants his privacy, why is his government constantly trying to erode ours?

• Options
    CyvrosCyvros Registered User regular
    I’m not across all the details, but was she public service or a party employee? I know some media advisors are party employees and not public servants (eg a friend of mine was a media advisor directly employed by the Greens).

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Don't know.
    Seems to be 'staffer in his office' and was transferred to the office of the Minister for Resources immediately after falling pregnant.
    But I don't know whether a media advisor is a public servant.

• Options
    I enjoyed every sentence of this. Especially the bit at the end where in spite all of the student's diligent research into the issue, she still didn't realise we became a commonwealth over a century ago.

• Options
    McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    Fools! Don't they know we are actually just an island?

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • Options
    pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    I told you. We're an anarcho-syndicalist commune. We take it in turns to act as a sort of executive officer for the week.

• Options
    KincaidKincaid You're standing on my neck KuwaitRegistered User regular
    Australia doesn’t actually exist. It was made up as part of a viral marketing campaign for Crocdile Dundee.

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    I have Monster Hunter and a PSN account now too! PaperComet is the name, being bad at Monster Hunter is my game.

• Options
    theSquidtheSquid Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    We're actually all the same person living alone on a desert island because I'm extremely bored.

• Options
    So are you saying that we're all a figment of your imagination, or that you're simultaneously impersonating everyone in Australia?

Also sweet, I'll add you soon Luigi. I'm terrible too, but I'm mostly in it for the palicoes

• Options
    So are you saying that we're all a figment of your imagination, or that you're simultaneously impersonating everyone in Australia?

Also sweet, I'll add you soon Luigi. I'm terrible too, but I'm mostly in it for the palicoes

We are me. I am all of you. We have been one person, this whole time. Since the beginning.

• Options
    AwkoAwko About to poison the waterhole.Registered User regular
    I am.
    You are.
    We are Australia.

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    So this past week has been very stressful due to my mum needing eye surgery for a tumour and the wait for test results, but it looks like we got the best-case scenario - the doctor is as confident as he can be that he got it all, and my mum just needs to take some eye drops for a bit.

I had a good happy cry and hugs and am very relieved right now.

• Options
    pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    Hey, so clothing donation bins that aren't for jerks.. are Good Sammys non-jerks? Any other suggestions?

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    pimento wrote: »
    Hey, so clothing donation bins that aren't for jerks.. are Good Sammys non-jerks? Any other suggestions?

Good Sammys seem to be pretty decent. There's Anglicare too, they have op-shops and aged care housing that they service.

• Options
    RocketScienceRocketScience Registered User regular
    pimento wrote: »

Good Sammys seem to be pretty decent. There's Anglicare too, they have op-shops and aged care housing that they service.

Are there actual bins anywhere? I've got some things I want to drop off after hours.

• Options
    Donation bins are getting harder and harder to find because of vandalism, unfortunately. Which has lead to arseholes just dumping piles of stuff out the front of the stores, which is another whole problem. Google is gonna be your best bet finding donation bins near you, I think?

• Options
    Donation bins are getting harder and harder to find because of vandalism, unfortunately. Which has lead to arseholes just dumping piles of stuff out the front of the stores, which is another whole problem. Google is gonna be your best bet finding donation bins near you, I think?

You wouldn't think it would be possible to be an arsehole about being generous. But people find a way.

• Options
    Some of you have seen my Facebook status, but for those who haven’t, my dog died today. His heart gave out. He loved us all so much. Only 3 of you got to meet him- @Gatsby, Cyvros and Apocalyptus, but I hope all three of you got to see how he was a very good boy. The goodest, kindest, bestest boy.

It’s been a rough week.

• Options
    McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    Really sorry to hear that HB :(. Dogs are truly the best people.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
  • Options
    Goodbye Barnaby, don't let the door hit your fuck ugly head on the way out

• Options
    CyvrosCyvros Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    And the winning headline goes to The Betoota Advocate: Deputy Prime Minister Barnaby Joyce Finally Learns How To Pull Out

Cyvros on
  • Options
    https://www.sbs.com.au/news/barnaby-joyce-resigns-as-nationals-leader-deputy-prime-minister
    The people of Tamworth, the same, the people in the small towns... People literally running up, and some crying, and offering their support to me. I just say, I don't deserve the support that you've given me.

Hey look an accurate statement from him.

• Options
    welp, canberra's gone.

28168147_10155370546602475_163349683515481316_n.jpg?oh=d26f7075cb7c0408b55cf2d4c1c67262&oe=5B46F711

This discussion has been closed.