As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Better get a babysitter cause we've got two tickets to the [GUN] show...

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Doc wrote: »
    It's hilarious that just that meme rifle cost more than the combination of my SBR, light setup, suppressor, and both tax stamps. And since it has two triggers, it's not like you're going to be at all accurate with the second shot.

It's not a setup for accuracy. It's a setup for more dakka.

Yeah. Binary triggers aren't legal in my state, so I guess that's one way to do it.

Truck mount with a hand cranked cam system. I've seen bolt together setups for Rueger 22LR rifles before that did that. I've always been interested in doing a tripod mount double .22LR, but even that setup only costs like $750 and you can still disassemble it and have two nice 22s.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Yeah. Binary triggers aren't legal in my state, so I guess that's one way to do it.

Why bother with a binary trigger when you can just get a binary gun?

They're legal in my state, so I looked into them out of curiousity, and I found that they cost $300-$400, which is a bit more than I am willing to pay for something that I'm just going to goof around with in the woods. The fact that it turns your gun into a machine that charges you a dollar every time you pull the trigger also kinda kills the enthusiasm.

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Just get yourself six SKSs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxZGepH_d5M

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    That is the most stereotypical old man ever

• Options

Why bother with a binary trigger when you can just get a binary gun?

They're legal in my state, so I looked into them out of curiousity, and I found that they cost $300-$400, which is a bit more than I am willing to pay for something that I'm just going to goof around with in the woods. The fact that it turns your gun into a machine that charges you a dollar every time you pull the trigger also kinda kills the enthusiasm.

That's how it was shooting my .44 magnum. every trigger pull was so expensive. It did make cantaloupes disappear though.

• Options
    [Paragon][Paragon] I'm a real doctor, for pretend! North DakotaRegistered User regular
    Picked up some magpul mags for the scorpion, first time I'd seen them in the wild locally. Someday I might actually get to shoot my guns, that day is not today sadly. I'm hesitant to start sending rounds down range because I can't find ammo locally and the internet seems to be out of stock on all the things.

Once I get done closing, moving and buying furniture I'll get back to buying guns. I'm collecting CZs like pokemon, gotta catch em all.

• Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    So, uh...looks like Remington is filing for bankruptcy.

Again.

Which means there's plenty of cheap rifles on clearance sale. A Model 700 SPS chambered in 7mm RM for $360 doesn't sound too bad. Granted, not having a warranty in case things go pear shaped with anything could be a pretty big downside.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    There's a reason they're going bankrupt again, and it isn't because they were still making quality firearms worth buying. It would've been interesting to see what the Navajo Nation would've done had they managed to buy the company but it wasn't meant to be I guess.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    There's a reason they're going bankrupt again, and it isn't because they were still making quality firearms worth buying. It would've been interesting to see what the Navajo Nation would've done had they managed to buy the company but it wasn't meant to be I guess.

Yeah, there was a reason why I started from the position of "plenty of cheap rifles." But, I mean...people also refer to Mosins as "garbage rods" and they were willing to shell out a hundred or two bucks for one of those.

Sure, Remingtons don't have quite the historic (or pop culture) reputation as a Mosin, but a couple hundred dollars for a boomy tube that throws out .30-06 is still kinda tempting.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    Erlkönig wrote: »

Yeah, there was a reason why I started from the position of "plenty of cheap rifles." But, I mean...people also refer to Mosins as "garbage rods" and they were willing to shell out a hundred or two bucks for one of those.

Sure, Remingtons don't have quite the historic (or pop culture) reputation as a Mosin, but a couple hundred dollars for a boomy tube that throws out .30-06 is still kinda tempting.

I would bet a decent amount of money that there are more people who recognize Remington than a Mosin. The Fudd contingent in the US is what kept them around so long while companies like Tikka and Ruger started offering quality rifles at cheaper price points.

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Uhh, hmm, golly.

Surely US gun owners who love and want to protect the Constitution aren't happy about this?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53597975

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Uhh, hmm, golly.

Surely US gun owners who love and want to protect the Constitution aren't happy about this?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53597975

I haven't even clicked the link yet but why am I opening new posts to find this

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    Not an election thread.

Understood.

• Options
    I'd love one of these!

https://youtu.be/EiB9pJJXFVI

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    The Springfield promo package finally came in, a scope mount for I guess if I ever don't want to use the scout rail, and two more mags.

• Options
    New Guns:
    hgxrfqa3ozwz.jpg

Pistol: Arex Rex Zero 1 S, 9mm
    Rifle: Marcolmar CETME-L, 5.56

• Options
    I just ordered myself a Holosun 503R sight. Looking forward to getting it installed!

• Options
    New Guns: Rifle: Marcolmar CETME-L, 5.56

How much better than an AR-15 is that Marcolmar?

• Options
    Let me think....

It cant take pmags.
    No bolt hold open on last round.
    Awkward charging handle (not even with a fun HK Slap)
    The mag release is just out of reach from my index finger. And no, it also doesn't have a paddle mag release.
    Limited option for customization.

Hmmm....

Let me get back to you on that.

• Options
    webguy20 wrote: »
    I just ordered myself a Holosun 503R sight. Looking forward to getting it installed!

Good timing on that. Apparently, Trijicon is filing a copyright lawsuit against Holosun. While the 503 isn't listed in the filing, the lawsuit will bring Holosun into the spotlight, so they might get a surge in popularity.

• Options

Erlkönig wrote: »
    webguy20 wrote: »

Good timing on that. Apparently, Trijicon is filing a copyright lawsuit against Holosun. While the 503 isn't listed in the filing, the lawsuit will bring Holosun into the spotlight, so they might get a surge in popularity.

Good to know. I was just watching the WWSD conclusions video on Forgotten weapons and it was their dot of choice, and it is surprisingly affordable, so I pulled the trigger.

• Options
    Let me think....

It cant take pmags.
    No bolt hold open on last round.
    Awkward charging handle (not even with a fun HK Slap)
    The mag release is just out of reach from my index finger. And no, it also doesn't have a paddle mag release.
    Limited option for customization.

Hmmm....

Let me get back to you on that.

Pros:
    Looks cool as hell

• Options
    I picked up the Aliengear ankle hoster because it had some really solid reviews, and I think it's really great - outside of the fact that the release lever digs into my calf muscle and is extremely painful. Damn my exquisite musculature! I should have skipped more leg days.

Do any of you have any recommendations for ankle holsters?

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    I'm definitely jealous of your CETMEL, but I'll never be jealous of an AR15. They're not bad, but they just don't stand out.

• Options
    DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I have a Holosun 507c and 510. Both are great optics, no regrets about getting them. If I had to complain about something, it's that I need to remove the sight to replace the battery on the 507c.

• Options
    ThegreatcowThegreatcow Lord of All Bacons Washington State - It's Wet up here innit? Registered User regular
    2nd'ing the holosons I have a 510 on my Sig Scorpion and I'm planning to install a 507c on my Lone Wolf Glock build. Definitely looking forward to how this all comes out.

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    So I've told some of you but I live in middle TN within about 10 miles of this gentleman who has started coming to all of our primitive archery shoots at our club (he's friends with a couple of our members)

He's a goddamn delight too btw.

foai3mr2bhw1.jpg

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Also for the record he's a better shot with a trad bow and arrow than he is with a firearm, and he doesn't even bother turning in a scorecard.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    That really looks like the one dude who has the popular gun youtube channel. Hickok45.

• Options
    Does he also get his arrows from Bud’s Gun Shop?

• Options
    ThegreatcowThegreatcow Lord of All Bacons Washington State - It's Wet up here innit? Registered User regular
    *excitement building* Just got the notification from Lone Wolf about the status of my upcoming "not a Glock 17 but it's basically a glock 17" build. They just finished assembling the slide and it's being sent off for finishing. Considering they were originally quoting a 4-6 week turnaround time for everything this is incredibly fast and I cannot wait.

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Man

Glock makes a million models and their nomenclature is shit

I was considering a 19 vs. a Smith M&P 2.0 Compact

But there's also the 19X, the slim ones, the ones on a 17 frame with a 19 slide, etc.

Outside of a particular dealer having to have all of them in a row I don't know how you distinguish

SummaryJudgment on
    Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Man

But there's also the 19X, the slim ones, the ones on a 17 frame with a 19 slide, etc.

Outside of a particular dealer having to have all of them in a row I don't know how you distinguish

Easy

9mm: 17 full size (17+1 capacity), 19 compact (15+1 capacity), 26 subcompact (10/12+1), 34 longer barreled 17 (17+1), 17L extra longer barreled 34 (17+1), 43 single stack subcompact (6+1?), 43x single stack compact (10+1 OEM, 15+1 Shield arms), 48 is a 43x with a longer slide, G45 is a 19 slide on a 17 frame, the 19x is a 45 with a lanyard loop and peanut butter colored

Gen3 and 4 have finger grooves, gen 5 doesn’t have finger grooves, also ambidextrous slide stop and can swap mag release, also a slightly different barrel?

.40S&W: G22 is full-size, 23 is compact, 27 is sub compact, G35 is a 34 length slide on a 22 grip.

10mm: G20 full size, G29 is compact, and a G40 is a longer slide length on a G20 frame

.45ACP: G21 full-size, G30 is sub compact, G36 is singlestack sub compact, G41 long slide.

.357SIG: G31 full-size, 32 compact, and 33 is subcompact

.380ACP: G42 single stack subcompact, and a G25 which is impossible to get in the US but sounds pretty cool as a double stack .380

Nobody cares about .45 GAP and their .22lr pistol is supposedly junk.

Edit: I guess I forgot about the G24 which is a long slide .40S&W that is no longer sold.

Dead Legend on
  • Options
    Man

Easy

9mm: 17 full size (17+1 capacity), 19 compact (15+1 capacity), 26 subcompact (10/12+1), 34 longer barreled 17 (17+1), 17L extra longer barreled 34 (17+1), 43 single stack subcompact (6+1?), 43x single stack compact (10+1 OEM, 15+1 Shield arms), 48 is a 43x with a longer slide, G45 is a 19 slide on a 17 frame, the 19x is a 45 with a lanyard loop and peanut butter colored

Gen3 and 4 have finger grooves, gen 5 doesn’t have finger grooves, also ambidextrous slide stop and can swap mag release, also a slightly different barrel?

.40S&W: G22 is full-size, 23 is compact, 27 is sub compact, G35 is a 34 length slide on a 22 grip.

10mm: G20 full size, G29 is compact, and a G40 is a longer slide length on a G20 frame

.45ACP: G21 full-size, G30 is sub compact, G36 is singlestack sub compact, G41 long slide.

.380ACP: G42 single stack subcompact, and a G25 which is impossible to get in the US but sounds pretty cool as a double stack .380

Edit: I guess I forgot about the G24 which is a long slide .40S&W that is no longer sold.

And I guess there's the 18, but no one out of law enforcement or very lucky Machine Gun dealers can get ahold on account of it being their full auto version of the 17.

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Man

Easy

Glock's naming conventions were understandable until sometime in the mid to late 2000s. Then all the variations for each caliber got pretty bloated.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    Yep, clear as mud, lol.

• Options
    Originally they were done in order of patent? I don’t know how long that held up.

But having become a Glock convert, it doesn’t matter much to me.

• Options
    Originally they were done in order of patent? I don’t know how long that held up.

But having become a Glock convert, it doesn’t matter much to me.

I believe that was the case yeah. Model number was order of patent #s granted, but who knows at this point.