Options

[Steam]: Where backlog progress and sales collide.

• Options
    DalantiaDalantia Registered User regular
    Wrong kind of stroke, Corrigan.

steam_sig.png
    DS Friend code: 3840-6605-3406
  • Options
    DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    I stop by to talk about the steam controller, and I get this convo?

Steam thread, what have you done?

Oh, found a strange obscure game and display it? Ok, carry on.

Panty Raid indead.

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    CorriganX wrote: »
    Antoshka wrote: »
    CorriganX wrote: »
    Afterall as the warrior of Love, I have to defend the abilities for Human to love panties on their own merits, instead of brainwashing humans into having an undying love for all panties regardless.

I do not understand this at all. Did I have a stroke, or did you? I'm just saying, one of us did.

When im playing Panty Party im always having a stroke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMwAnRzQn7M

• Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    So a friend bought me Rise of the Tomb Raider on steam for Christmas and I'm just now getting to it, this game is pretty great!

That said, I just got to the first campfire and suddenly have 16 costumes unlocked. Is that a bug or intended? I don't want to break the game using costumes before they're intended, which given that the game told me I unlock them doing stuff I can't imagine I should have them already.

3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Oh hey, it's January 26 now in my time zone.

Before I forget...

PSA:

Happy birthday @Dalantia! <3

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    DalantiaDalantia Registered User regular
    DAMNIT, PIXIE

steam_sig.png
    DS Friend code: 3840-6605-3406
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    So a friend bought me Rise of the Tomb Raider on steam for Christmas and I'm just now getting to it, this game is pretty great!

That said, I just got to the first campfire and suddenly have 16 costumes unlocked. Is that a bug or intended? I don't want to break the game using costumes before they're intended, which given that the game told me I unlock them doing stuff I can't imagine I should have them already.

I suspect that's all just DLC costume stuff.

• Options
    baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular
    Ugh, do not wait 11 months between playing a game and trying to play its DLC expansion. In my defense, Batman: Arkham Origins was 5 bucks and it took me ages to find Cold, Cold Heart on sale (I didn't want to spend twice the cost of the game on a 3-4 hour side story) but damn I am getting my Bat-Tush Bat-Handed to me by the swarms of thugs the game seems intent at throwing my direction. I swear I used to remember how the combat worked better.

Whine over. After I finish this, I should go back to the Dark Souls III expansion where I will be in roughly the same position. :)

• Options
    OrogogusOrogogus San DiegoRegistered User regular
    Ask a rando on the street what the date is and they're more likely to say "it's January twenty fifth", not "it's the twenty fifth of January". I dunno, maybe you guys don't say it like that over there, but that's why it's done the way it is in America.

I bet I could ask everyone where I work what today's date is and not one of them would include the month.

In any case, we do say "the fourth of July," why's that?

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    In the spirit of the backlog battle, my wife and I played through Metal Slug 3 tonight. Her wired 360 controller and my Steam controller wouldn't play nice together, but a local GameStop had a Steam controller for 35 instead of 50 bucks, so now we have 2 Steam controllers. They seem to work better in tandem use if they're plugged in.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    I've gotten every non-scenario Brave New World achievement.

Send help.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »

Send help me the scenario pack DLCs.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    Jragghen wrote: »

Send help me the scenario pack DLCs.

I own them all already.

Hell, if I'm not mistaken, I'm down to 2 Civ V achievements which aren't scenario ones. Across all expansions.

• Options
    AntoshkaAntoshka Miauen Oil Change LazarusRegistered User regular
    @CorriganX is being helpful in Diablo III, all is right with the world, we're just chatting away, and then he has to go, so I keep going for a bit, then when I close it, what am I greeted with? A lesson not to use the discovery queue, thats what.
    HXa47fp.png
    Thanks for Stories: The Path of Destinies, you monster. (It looks pretty neat, gotta say)

n57PM0C.jpg
  • Options
    ScratchyScratchy Registered User regular
    Anty, embrace the dark stone. It's the only way to truly win.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    What the fuck. Does he have my birthday saved as my steam nickname. That devious motherfucker.

Antoshka has said that he wont be at home for his Birthday, instead he'll be helping his parents redo their entire porch. He won't have access to interwebs pc, and cell reception is pitiful at best. So that gives us from now until the 30th to make sure he gets his presents! Hell, we'll just call it an entire week from today for Toshypoo's birthday. <3

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    Two days and over seven hours late for the Backlog Challenge, but I've finally finished the main story in God Eater: Resurrection. This edgy anime Monster Hunter-like is a pretty fun (though not entirely perfect) entry in the "hunting action" genre and I don't intend to shelve it until I complete the extended story.

Note that GE:R is not sold standalone on PC, but comes alongside a purchase of God Eater 2: Rage Burst. For reference, Resurrection is an upgraded port of the first God Eater.

Review in the spoiler:
    In the near future, there is an outbreak of microscopic beings called Oracle Cells which conglomerate and arrange themselves Aragami, rapidly-evolving beasts with an insatiable hunger for people, animals, automobiles, buildings and even each other. Humanity's last hope are the God Eaters, select individuals who wield God Arcs, weapons with synthetic Aragami at their core.

Your character, visually customized at the start of the game and adjustable between missions, is thrust into a story of post-apocalyptic survival with a bit of political intrigue. The game flows in standard MonHun fashion: take missions from the quest counter -> engage foes in battle and carve them up devour their bodies for parts -> use parts to build/upgrade equipment to handle harder missions. Your character's weapon, a New-type God Arc, can be fitted with a blade, gun and shield to swap fighting styles on the fly. Blade mode lets you block with the shield and use melee attacks to gather OP (Oracle Points) while gun mode spends OP on ranged elemental attacks or healing abilities.

Of course, you can't talk about Gun Mode without mentioning the Bullet Editor. "Bullets" are actually patterns programmed into your weapon and you could potentially spend hours playing around with bullets that go in spirals, bullets that explode on impact, laser bullets that heal, homing lasers that fire into the air and rain shots on an enemy's head... There is some limit to what you can do (how many mods and how much OP it takes to fire) but there's a ton of fun to be had here.

Combat is the standard fare for a MonHun-like. Players are expected to read their enemies' actions, gleaning when it's safe to commit to attacking and when they should guard or evade. Companions can be brought along in the form of either fellow players or NPC God Eater allies, ensuring you rarely have to go it alone. You can also bring restoration items as well as grenades and traps to debilitate enemies and create openings to attack and heal, though you're limited in how many you can bring along in a mission to prevent you from diving in with no regard for health.

God Eater's gameplay marches to a faster beat than you may be used to. Aragami can attack swiftly and without remorse, frequently interrupting your combos, often tossing you around and occasionally hitting you multiple times with little recourse. While you can revive allies and be revived by them, some of the early large monsters (Vajra, Borg Camlann and Quadriga) can seem like big ol' balls of No Fun Allowed until you figure out their patterns and weak spots. You and your allies also have limited revives and respawns via an endurance system - waiting out the respawn timer means full health now but less endurance for later; reviving on the field means saving endurance but having to spend precious items to not die again immediately.

Overall, once the game hits its stride (and the player does too) the experience comes together into an enjoyable action game. I almost always look forward to facing new Aragami for the first time... especially when I know what kind of equipment I can make from their loot!

8/10

---

THE GOOD:
    -MonHun-style action on PC
    -More story focus than an actual Monster Hunter
    -Unique artstyle
    -God Arcs are freakin' cool
    -NPC allies are useful (usually)
    -Custom bullets for all your game-breaking needs

THE BAD:
    -Controls are unwieldy on both controller and keyboard
    -Easy to get tripped up
    -Rebinds aren't all-encompassing (e.g.: dodge and item menu right always share the same button/key)
    -Mouse support on menus is sometimes haphazard
    -Occasional dissonance between story and theme
    -Dressup game is somewhat lacking
    -Large monster fights can be frustrating as they mow down your party
    -Occasional instability with multiplayer ("infinite loading" bug) resulting in lost progress
    -DAMMIT KANON STOP SHOOTING ME OUT OF THE AIR

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    f3rretf3rret Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Hey a new Subnautica update in 49 minutes. Neat.
    @destroyah87

http://unknownworlds.com/subnautica/castles-coffee/

f3rret on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Your review is spot on, you should review more things!

My only nitpicks:
    Godeater ress spoilers:
    Aragami can attack swiftly and without remorse, frequently interrupting your combos, often tossing you around and occasionally hitting you multiple times with little recourse. I use a scythe, I'm super far away hitting everything at once, or one thing multiple times very hard. Large monster fights can be frustrating as they mow down your party Yesss, they do. Kind of like a hot knife through butter or a scythe through wheat stalks.

It was a psp game so a few things can be relaxed.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    f3rret wrote: »
    @destroyah87

Well would you look at that.

Reckon it's about time I get my feet wet again.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    @Antoshka as crazy as your naming system is (crazy like a fox.) I'd definitely recommend you give Stories a few plays. It's a short game, with a super annoying narrator. It's like Radiant Historia, knocked up Bastion. Everything you do is wrong.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Looks like I haven't touched Subnautica for the last 3 updates now. Hm... and just as I was getting back into The Long Dark, too.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Ugh, do not wait 11 months between playing a game and trying to play its DLC expansion. In my defense, Batman: Arkham Origins was 5 bucks and it took me ages to find Cold, Cold Heart on sale (I didn't want to spend twice the cost of the game on a 3-4 hour side story) but damn I am getting my Bat-Tush Bat-Handed to me by the swarms of thugs the game seems intent at throwing my direction. I swear I used to remember how the combat worked better.

Whine over. After I finish this, I should go back to the Dark Souls III expansion where I will be in roughly the same position. :)

If I ever get around to playing Cold, Cold Heart, I'll be in the same position. Maybe even worse considering I already played through Arkham Knight as well, so going back to the Origins combat will be even more confusing.

• Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    destroyah87

I'm pretty sure I'm not good at Subnautica. Was there lava stuff before because I definitely never saw anything close to that before.

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    edited January 2017
    destroyah87

I'm pretty sure I'm not good at Subnautica. Was there lava stuff before because I definitely never saw anything close to that before.

The lava zone has been in game for a long time. But it's only in the last three-four upadates where it's actually gotten any content and story added to it. Although don't feel bad, I've not gone down there either. Only barely explored the deep parts of the Grand Reef and Deep Grand Reef last time I played.

destroyah87 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    destroyah87

They just added heat damage in a recent update. If lava existed, then it wouldn't really have mattered because you could have swam through it. They added depth gating recently, so you actually needed to upgrade your Seamoth and stuff to go deeper.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Oh, let's talk about the most important feature in the new Subnautica update: A Coffee Machine.

Oh, and some kinda alien base to explore. I guess that's kinda cool too.

Longer lasting Ion Batteries and Power Cells are pretty neat too.

And a working trashcan for getting rid of unwanted items is a welcome addition.

But Coffee Machine.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    And beds that you can sleep in, and vending machines too... Sounds like you'll be able to build a nice looking base. To increase performance, they removed the terraforming that happens when you build stuff. That shouldn't be too big a deal, since the platforms have pretty big pylons that can go down pretty far.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Corpekata wrote: »

Wonderful news. I'm still mad I didn't get a chance to play Ni No Kuni 1 because I didn't have a PS3. Maybe reception from PC will warrant an HD update of the first one sometime later.

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Oh, let's talk about the most important feature in the new Subnautica update: A Coffee Machine.

Oh, and some kinda alien base to explore. I guess that's kinda cool too.

Longer lasting Ion Batteries and Power Cells are pretty neat too.

And a working trashcan for getting rid of unwanted items is a welcome addition.

But Coffee Machine.

But...I don't drink coffee.

• Options
    Assume coffee is a really poor tasting tea. Start drinking awful tea. Move on to coffee. Wonder why you ever drank tea to begin with.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    XCom 2 finished! Man, that was an awesome game, frustrating at times, but awesome nonetheless! First game finished for 2017, and its almost end of January. At this rate, I'll finish 12 games this year >< Thanks again to @Orivon for such a wonderful game!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Just saying that you can add chocolate to coffee and not tea.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    I'm trying to be patient and waiting to play Subnautica and The Long Dark again until they are done. But they are both so good.

I can't believe TLD is still in alpha. Hope the story mode is as great as I think it can be.

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    Corpekata wrote: »

Wonderful news. I'm still mad I didn't get a chance to play Ni No Kuni 1 because I didn't have a PS3. Maybe reception from PC will warrant an HD update of the first one sometime later.

We were just talking about this in chat. While not ideal, Ni No Kuni 1 is available to play on PC via PS Now. According to @chocobolicious who actually uses PS Now on his PC, it works well. And I think Ni No Kuni would be pretty forgiving as far as lag goes. It's not turn-based but it's not exactly a rhythm game or bullethell so as long as the lag is fairly minimal, it shouldn't be an issue during battles.

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options
    AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    I will write what I always write when I hear about new jRPG releases on PC:

where, oh where are my Persona games on Steam?

Eh, whatever, Disgaea games should keep me busy long enough for me to forget about this emptiness in my heart again.

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Scratchy wrote: »
    Just saying that you can add chocolate to coffee and not tea.

I just cut out the middle man and drink hot cocoa.

• Options
    edited January 2017
    I inject saline directly into my veins. When I need a pick me up I mix a bit of sugar water, and do the same. I put the cacao beans underneath my eyelids, do a couple bumps, and then whooo!

I pour scalding water over my body to feel more alive!

I do all of these things, and yet I've nothing bad to say about a good mug of hot cocoa. I prefer mini marshmallows.

Edit: oh steam: Witcher 3 has me hooked. That's a great game.

Scratchy on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    Talus9952 wrote: »
    XCom 2 finished! Man, that was an awesome game, frustrating at times, but awesome nonetheless! First game finished for 2017, and its almost end of January. At this rate, I'll finish 12 games this year >< Thanks again to Orivon for such a wonderful game!

You're not done, soldier! The Long War 2 is out!

This discussion has been closed.