Options

[Steam]: Where backlog progress and sales collide.

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    When you know what kind of character you want to play but can't seem to find a game where you can play that kind of character. /sigh

And what sort of character would that be?

A female warrior in full plate armor with a two-handed sword. Your basic knight/paladin/cavalier, but female. I can get that look in the Souls games, of course, but I am terrible at those. I keep poking through my library and not really finding anything else that fits the bill. Which is weird because it doesn't seem like it should be rare? I'm sure I'm overlooking some option(s).

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    When you know what kind of character you want to play but can't seem to find a game where you can play that kind of character. /sigh

A female warrior in full plate armor with a two-handed sword. Your basic knight/paladin/cavalier, but female. I can get that look in the Souls games, of course, but I am terrible at those. I keep poking through my library and not really finding anything else that fits the bill. Which is weird because it doesn't seem like it should be rare? I'm sure I'm overlooking some option(s).

Maybe Divinity: Original Sin?

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Should my Amazon rts come to be, one side will be dressed in tera level bikini armour, the other will be dressed in sane, sensible armour.

Well, I know which side I'll be playing.
    I assumed Pixie was still thinking of this.
    e: derp, new page

I'm pretty sure For Honor has some of those?

cB557 on
  • Options
    cB557 wrote: »

I'm pretty sure For Honor has some of those?

Well yes, For Honor definitely has that down. But I am trying to find it in games I actually own.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Asthariel wrote: »

Have you checked any of the Monster Hunter styled games for the PC?

• Options
    Hmm... you could technically play that sort of character in Minecraft or Terraria, but somehow I don't think those are really what you're looking for here.

• Options

I'll re-check DivOS, but I don't recall it having the look I'm after. Not sure what monster hunter games you mean (having never played/seen Monster Hunter). Would that be like Toukiden: Kiwami?

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Maybe I'm going too obvious here, but why not Skyrim or Dragon's Dogma?

• Options
    skinkbaaskinkbaa Registered User regular
    Finally finished Bioshock Infinite. I took like a year break for some reason.

Wow what an amazing game.

I was thinking of replaying the game to try and get all the achievements. Has anyone done this? How long did it take?

steam_sig-400.png
  • Options

I'll re-check DivOS, but I don't recall it having the look I'm after. Not sure what monster hunter games you mean (having never played/seen Monster Hunter). Would that be like Toukiden: Kiwami?

Yeah, I'm not sure what the genre is called, other than "Hunting" I guess? I think I played the demo for Toukiden back when I had a PS4 but I don't remember the character options. The armor might not be standard European medieval plate but depending on what's there you might find something you like.

I seem to remember there being female options and plate armor in some of the earlier games in the genre but my memory is a little fuzzy. I know there are two handed swords in pretty much any hunting game though, so if there are ladies in plate armor it would tick your boxes while also giving you a similar gameplay style to the Souls series but without the overly punishing difficulty.

• Options
    Burnage wrote: »
    Maybe I'm going too obvious here, but why not Skyrim or Dragon's Dogma?

I played a 2h warrior in Dragon's Dogma for a lot of hours and never found any plate armor. The heaviest I found so far was basically chainmail. Maybe it's later but that's a lot of hours to play through to get the look I want...

Skyrim - I find this pretty unplayable in 3rd person PoV and so that kind of sucks the fun out of building around a particular look. Not to mention I'd have to not just reinstall it, but spend weeks re-modding it. :lol:

Toukiden - too Japanese, I'm afraid.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    Rogue Legacy?

• Options
    The Gauntlet remake has a female Valkyrie in plate armor, but she has a spear and shield.

• Options
    Thanks for the ideas so far. :) I started a character in Divinity OS2 and this might fit the bill.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    Im slowly playing through Styx: Master of Shadows.

I like level designs.

I really don't like how bad almost all voice actors are.

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    If Dark Souls is a kind of thing you'd like but you're bad at their gameplay, @Pixelated Pixie , have you considered Salt and Sanctuary? It's basically and shamelessly Dark Souls Castlevania, and you can absolutely put yourself into a big heavy armor, hold a big honking two handed hammer, and just beat the game that way. It's actually the exact way I did it! And it's pretty affordable.
    Im slowly playing through Styx: Master of Shadows.

I like level designs.

I really don't like how bad almost all voice actors are.

You can tell they didn't have a lot of money to hire voice actors. Game is pretty neat, though.

Drascin on
    Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    I'm in a rts mood. I'm thinking warcraft 3 or red alert 2.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Thanks for the ideas so far. :) I started a character in Divinity OS2 and this might fit the bill.

@Pixelated Pixie, you are a wizard with a character creator. :)

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    I've seen gifs of this game appear in my twitter feed recently, and finally I saw a trailer for it. Rain World. With a protagonist called a slugcat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxbQy0U92R4

• Options
    baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular
    skinkbaa wrote: »

I was thinking of replaying the game to try and get all the achievements. Has anyone done this? How long did it take?

This is a great resource for trophy hunting:

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/bioshock-infinite-ps3-/193969-estimated-time-platinum.html

Says about 25-30 hours seems to be a common theme.

• Options
    HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular

I loved Bioshock Infinite. It's really hard for me to choose a favorite between that and the original.

My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
    Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    One thing about the PC version of Dragon's Dogma that is important to Steam Controller owners: you can set certain items (lantern, healing items) to hotkeys 1-5 by highlighting them and then pressing the specific key. The reason this is important to SC users is that the game swiftly changes between KBAM and Controller depending on the last key pressed, so, you can set one of the grip buttons on the SC to mode shift (for example, I mode shifted the D-Pad in charge of giving pawns orders) and assign at least keys 1-4 to the D-pad shift, allowing me to use healing items and use my lantern without going into my inventory every time.

Now if only I could set the Eternal Ferrystone to one of those hotkeys, I'd be set.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Iolo wrote: »

@Pixelated Pixie, you are a wizard with a character creator. :)

Awww.... /blush

I uh.. I just have a little bit of practice playing with character creators is all. A little bit. >.>

edit: Alas, DivOS2 turns out to be just a bit too early access, so I'm gonna go back to trying to find the right game... :/

Pixelated Pixie on
    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    skinkbaaskinkbaa Registered User regular

I loved Bioshock Infinite. It's really hard for me to choose a favorite between that and the original.

I have them all, but have only plated Bioshock Infinite.

Should I now play them in chronological order, or in order of release date?

steam_sig-400.png
  • Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    edited March 2017

quvocaya5b37.png

Cyberdimension Neptunia, yo.

Maybe not full plate, but it's on its way to PC this year and I anticipate it being gifted to you within two weeks days of it coming out anyways.

Ianator on
    steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    edited March 2017

I have them all, but have only plated Bioshock Infinite.

Should I now play them in chronological order, or in order of release date?

I'd say release date, but you've kind of spoiled it all anyway so... (Well, if you did the Infinite DLC).

Xeddicus on
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Minerva's den is a great side story in bioshock 2

• Options
    PSA:

Happy Birthday @Zavian! <3<3<3

(I almost missed it, but only almost!)

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    PSA:

Happy Birthday @Zavian! <3<3<3

(I almost missed it, but only almost!)

Thank you! As a result of @Karoz it also happens to be my Darkest Dungeon Deathday as well!
    (a fact that didn't go unnoticed in chat...)
    BRAW6xS.jpg
    an1Y7CG.jpg
    Thank you much @Dirtyboy for Factorio! I saw some awesome YouTube videos of this game and have been wanting to give it a try <3<3<3
    And thank you @UseR2006 for Nuclear Dawn, a perfect Deathday gift; I mean come on, post-apocalyptic RTS/FPS? What's not to love <3<3<3

(also please, no need to send gifts or anything! Donate to Child's Play instead! <3<3)

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    So I really like the environments in this Dex game, but it has some weird ass writing...

Z5aph6i.jpg

Steam: offday
  • Options
    ScratchyScratchy Registered User regular
    My spawn recently celebrated an anniversary of being alive nine whole years. While bragging about how I'm an amazing parental unit for keeping it alive so long and how it likes to play undertale @Stabbity Style assaulted our steam account with class and gifted us Stardew Valley!

Scratchy: "Thank you very much" Scratchette: " Who's Stabbity?"

Oh she'll know who stabbity is after all the farming she has to do, I guarantee you.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    While getting my craft game on in Factorio, I was stabbed in the back!
    tb0WlLd.jpg
    Much thanks @Stabbity Style for AI War: Fleet Command!

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Alright Steam thread, it's charity contest time. My taekwondo studio collects money for a local (Colorado Springs and the surrounding area) charity every year. Last year we collected for TESSA - a charity that works with and protects victims of domestic and sexual abuse. Since we started our annual charity drive we've collected over $300,000. This year and the next 2 years we're partnering with Children's Hospital Colorado to help them build a children's hospital here in Colorado Springs. As somebody with quads who spent their first month alive in the hospital and one daughter who went back over New Year's for a few days this cause is near and dear to my heart.

I'm also really pumped that my kids and I have stuck with taekwondo. The exercise is great for me, the focus on respect is great for them, and spending time with them in an active way is great for all of us (though I'm not going to lie - buying them a SEGA collection and watching my two daughters get to Chemical Plant Zone in Sonic 2 on their first try was pretty rad, too).

Why am I posting this here? Because I have enough credit in my Steam wallet to buy people some games, I miss you guys since my new work has a staunch anti-fun policy in place (and even if it didn't my manager sits right behind me), and I need some help to reach our family goal of $200.

If you...
    1) are able to donate,
    2) think children's hospitals are rad, and
    3) want to win a game (or games) of your choosing up to $50

please head over to USTC Breakathon and make a donation of at least $5. All I ask is that you put "Justin Last - Stetson Hills" in the comment field so that the donation goes toward my total. Show me some proof (maybe put your PA name in the comment or something as well) that it was you, and I'll enter you in the drawing.

The event is one week from today, so I'll keep track of donations from you lovely folks until Friday 3/17.

Also, if you don't want a game but do want to donate I'll still put you in the drawing but you're more than welcome to redirect the gift to another person. Thanks all!

EDIT: Also Solitairica is cool as helll. If you like Solitaire at all it's totally worth a shot.

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    Rimworld Adventures:

A Psychic Ship chunk lands far away from my base, but it's contained in a mountain so I can set up defenses and hopefully take it out with my default gear because Extreme Randy Random.

Two people bleed to death from injuries because it's so far away from my base and two die to infection. A huge pirate raid arrives shortly after, as the pirates are breaking down the walls I open the six cryopods from my Ancient Danger and hope they're all alive and pissed off.?.jpg

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Having not played the game: what am I looking at?

• Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    It's a alien world colony simulation. Kind of like Prison Architect or Dwarf Fortress.

• Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Weyland-Utani Experimental Corporate Housing Project simulator.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    jclast wrote: »
    Alright Steam thread, it's charity contest time. My taekwondo studio collects money for a local (Colorado Springs and the surrounding area) charity every year. Last year we collected for TESSA - a charity that works with and protects victims of domestic and sexual abuse. Since we started our annual charity drive we've collected over $300,000. This year and the next 2 years we're partnering with Children's Hospital Colorado to help them build a children's hospital here in Colorado Springs. As somebody with quads who spent their first month alive in the hospital and one daughter who went back over New Year's for a few days this cause is near and dear to my heart.

I'm also really pumped that my kids and I have stuck with taekwondo. The exercise is great for me, the focus on respect is great for them, and spending time with them in an active way is great for all of us (though I'm not going to lie - buying them a SEGA collection and watching my two daughters get to Chemical Plant Zone in Sonic 2 on their first try was pretty rad, too).

Why am I posting this here? Because I have enough credit in my Steam wallet to buy people some games, I miss you guys since my new work has a staunch anti-fun policy in place (and even if it didn't my manager sits right behind me), and I need some help to reach our family goal of $200.

If you...
    1) are able to donate,
    2) think children's hospitals are rad, and
    3) want to win a game (or games) of your choosing up to $50

please head over to USTC Breakathon and make a donation of at least $5. All I ask is that you put "Justin Last - Stetson Hills" in the comment field so that the donation goes toward my total. Show me some proof (maybe put your PA name in the comment or something as well) that it was you, and I'll enter you in the drawing.

The event is one week from today, so I'll keep track of donations from you lovely folks until Friday 3/17.

Also, if you don't want a game but do want to donate I'll still put you in the drawing but you're more than welcome to redirect the gift to another person. Thanks all!

EDIT: Also Solitairica is cool as helll. If you like Solitaire at all it's totally worth a shot.

j7wj0dqmi3k5.jpg

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    And by Challenge Accepted he means Challenge Completed, holy crap! <3

HKvaTcC.png

(Please redirect all your "awesomes" to the post above)

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Holy crap @MNC Dover! I keep starting this post and then erasing the text because nothing feels adequate. You single-handedly got us to our goal! :D

Thank you so, so much!

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
This discussion has been closed.