As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Principal Honey has outlawed all fun in the [RIVERDALE] thread.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Watching the latest episode now.

but HOW

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    tynic wrote: »

but HOW

My DVR

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular

but HOW

It's on the CW site?
    http://cwtv.com/shows/riverdale?promo=tw-riverdale

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    cool!

edit: it was on netflix, right? my brain isn't making this up?

tynic on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    cool!

Not in the US.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    cool!

Not in the US.

oh dang. Ok. I was in Aus last week, that explains it.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Twist!

• Options
    OK... That was some egregious product placement with the mascara.

• Options

It has to be deliberate. I'm half expecting someone to eventually say "You're as thick as NEW COVERGIRL MASCARA!"

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Some shit went down this episode.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017

It has to be deliberate. I'm half expecting someone to eventually say "You're as thick as NEW COVERGIRL MASCARA!"
    On the CW app, every week (or nearly) there's been a commercial with one of the female actresses getting their makeup done to turn into their character. Sponsored by Cover Girl.

So yeah, it's deliberate.

Sorce on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Sorce wrote: »

On the CW app, every week (or nearly) there's been a commercial with one of the female actresses getting their makeup done to turn into their character. Sponsored by Cover Girl.

So yeah, it's deliberate.

Well, in that they're going out of their way to make it hilariously blatant, not even subtle.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    You don't get to make fun of anyone's full name, Archibald

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    Turambar wrote: »
    You don't get to make fun of anyone's full name, Archibald

he isn't

archie is just too fuckin' stupid to have thought josie could be short for something

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Cheryl's parents straight up recalibrated the scale by which the rest of the cast is judged by

And in one episode Alice Cooper shattered that scale.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Cheryl's parents straight up recalibrated the scale by which the rest of the cast is judged by

Every time I think "Man, these parents can't get any fucking worse than this", Riverdale throws me a curveball

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular

Every time I think "Man, these parents can't get any fucking worse than this", Riverdale throws me a curveball

By the end of season two one of the parents will be bathing in the blood of orphans and your response will be "huh."

• Options
    Lasbrook wrote: »

By the end of season two one of the parents will be bathing in the blood of orphans and your response will be "huh."

"looks like a redemption arc"

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    I fully expect we will, at some point in this show's run, get a fight between Alice Cooper & Penelope Blossom like the trailer brawl from Kill Bill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrZuYfti-pE

But it will make this fight look like child's play.

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Ugh, finally can watch new ep and Netflix is doing that thing where it's all, HAHA fuck you trying to watch on a console, get rekt son.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    The scene with Betty's mom is one of the best of the entire series, holy shit.

That Betty/Jughead kiss almost made me laugh with how neither seemed to care about it.

So it's another "Whoever wasn't at the talent show is a suspect" thing?

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Ms Dapper wrote: »
    The scene with Betty's mom is one of the best of the entire series, holy shit.

That Betty/Jughead kiss almost made me laugh with how neither seemed to care about it.

So it's another "Whoever wasn't at the talent show is a suspect" thing?
    That's small town living for ya

• Options
    I'm just curious who they're going to get to play Veronica's Dad or Archie's Mom whenever they inevitably show up.

sig.gif
  • Options
    BillyIdleBillyIdle What does "katana" mean? It means "Japanese sword."Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Not sure about Veronica's Dad but Archie's Mom is supposedly played by
    Molly Ringwald

BillyIdle on
    PSN: BillyIdle_
  • Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular

Josie's dad just strolled into the asshole parent booth, high fiving everyone while taking a seat

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    The role of Hiram Lodge will be played by classical trained superstar Gerard Depardeiu.

• Options
    The role of Hiram Lodge will be played by classical trained superstar Gerard Depardeiu.

Hoping for Gary Oldman.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular

They made a big deal this episode of the Pussycats only hiring "a woman of color." Veronica appears to be hispanic (IMDb says that Camila Mendes speaks fluent Brazilian Portugese), so I'm guessing that Hiram Lodge will be a well-known hispanic actor like Jimmy Smits.

• Options
    Fine...

The role of Hiram Lodge will be played by classical trained Hispanic actor/comedian, Fluffy

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Jimmy Smits is way too high-class for the tier of actors they seem to shoot for to play the adults.

Lou Diamond Phillips or bust.

• Options
    I'm not sure the dude is gonna be Hispanic considering his name is Hiram Lodge. But if he is, Enrique Iglesias is perfectly CW.

Maybe Wilmer Valderrama.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular

They made a big deal this episode of the Pussycats only hiring "a woman of color." Veronica appears to be hispanic (IMDb says that Camila Mendes speaks fluent Brazilian Portugese), so I'm guessing that Hiram Lodge will be a well-known hispanic actor like Jimmy Smits.

Hermione is Latinx, so Hiram doesn't have to be to make Veronica a woman of color.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular

Okay this is funny. Because Jimmy Smits is currently over at 24: Legacy where they claim his dad is super white guy Gerald McRaney. His unseen mom was apparently the source of... every feature of Jimmy Smits.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Keith wrote: »

Hermione is Latinx, so Hiram doesn't have to be to make Veronica a woman of color.

Yeah, I noticed that she calls Veronica 'mija' often, which I'm familiar with.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    So, Polly is
    totally just pregnant, right? Or am I reading too much into things.

Hey look, I was right.

If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • Options
    doggs ya'll know hiram lodge gotta be played by antonio sabato jr

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options

Perfect.

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular

From Wikipedia:

Sabàto endorsed Donald Trump for president in 2016.[14] He spoke at the 2016 Republican National Convention in support of the party's presumptive nominee.[15]

After his endorsement, Sabàto had reported that he was blacklisted from Hollywood.[16] In an interview with Variety, he stated that he was mocked on Twitter by other celebrities and that he claimed that the industry donates millions to both Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama.[17] After addressing the Republican National Convention, Sabàto told ABC News that he believes that President Barack Obama is a Muslim,[18][19] saying, "We had a Muslim president for seven and a half years."[20]

Will Riverdale be the first to defy the blacklist?

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Ketar wrote: »

From Wikipedia:

Sabàto endorsed Donald Trump for president in 2016.[14] He spoke at the 2016 Republican National Convention in support of the party's presumptive nominee.[15]

After his endorsement, Sabàto had reported that he was blacklisted from Hollywood.[16] In an interview with Variety, he stated that he was mocked on Twitter by other celebrities and that he claimed that the industry donates millions to both Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama.[17] After addressing the Republican National Convention, Sabàto told ABC News that he believes that President Barack Obama is a Muslim,[18][19] saying, "We had a Muslim president for seven and a half years."[20]

Will Riverdale be the first to defy the blacklist?

The CW? The really liberal/progressive television channel?

No, no....

Zonugal on
  • Options
    learn something new about antonio sabato jr every day

6vjsgrerts6r.png