As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Principal Honey has outlawed all fun in the [RIVERDALE] thread.

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Hmm, something just occurred to me.

Have we actually seen a single burger on screen yet?

• Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Hmm, something just occurred to me.

Have we actually seen a single burger on screen yet?

Are you suggesting that hamburgers are a figment of Jughead's imagination?

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    The burgers on Riverdale are all ace.

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Madelaine Petsch (Cheryl Blossom) is filming a movie at my old high school

Considering I'm all the way up on the east coast of Canada, I think that is pretty fuckin cool

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP3vFSJZLqo

Wow Archie's actor's accent is heavy

Goose! on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP3vFSJZLqo

Wow Archie's actor's accent is heavy

I had no idea he wasn't a natural.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Oh shit Jughead was the kid in Big Daddy?
    /mindsplode

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    HOW DID I NOT KNOW MOLLY RINGWALD IS PLAYING ARCHIE'S MOM

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    HOW DID I NOT KNOW MOLLY RINGWALD IS PLAYING ARCHIE'S MOM

And now @Blankzilla is the Archie of the thread.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    You're just trying to offload your title as non-Sexy Archie, JimmyD

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Blank I can't hear you over your attempts at breaking up Josie & the Pussycats.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    To be fair I'm just now learning this too

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    It was Graham who was the Archie all along.

One more week til this returns. I have a special movie planned for next Friday's group watch so I recommend everybody show up at 8 pm ET if possible

• Options
    I will have to miss out on next Friday as I am going to be at the Game of Thrones concert in Seattle.

• Options
    OldSlackerOldSlacker Registered User regular
    Oh shit Jughead was the kid in Big Daddy?
    /mindsplode

He was also Ben in Friends which is probably why he never actually has to work again.
    Honestly, the guy seems to have turned out all right considering the other kid stars.

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    I will have to miss out on next Friday as I am going to be at the Game of Thrones concert in Seattle.

i hate you

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Zonugal wrote: »

i hate you

giphy.gif

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    I thought there was a new episode based on the fact that there were recent unread posts in this thread. Loaded up the CW app, and was very disappointed. How disappointed?

I had to watch the latest episode of The 100 instead.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    I thought there was a new episode based on the fact that there were recent unread posts in this thread. Loaded up the CW app, and was very disappointed. How disappointed?

I had to watch the latest episode of The 100 instead.

This is like saying you went to make some eggs for breakfast but when you found out there were no eggs you ate a rotting fish carcass that was mostly bones instead.

• Options
    I was going to watch it anyway, but I was not planning on watching it this morning. I usually need a drink or something.

sig.gif
  • Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    I was going to watch it anyway, but I was not planning on watching it this morning. I usually need a drink or something.

This episode dunked on Bellamy a lot; something I always approve of.

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    This show does whatever it wants regardless if it makes sense. I have no idea where any single plotline is gonna go and I am here for it

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Tonight's episode opens with a "What if we CW'd up a David Lynch montage?" montage.

Gosh, it's good to have it back.

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Playing hard to the @Rorshach Kringle demographic with the sad lady Neil Young cover at the end

• Options
    every episode of tv should end with a sad lady cover of a pop song tangentially related to what happened in the plot of sad episode

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    every episode of tv should end with a sad lady cover of a pop song tangentially related to what happened in the plot of sad episode

Ahh yes, the Stalker approach to television.

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Newest episode
    Jughead casually munching a burger and watching Polly and Jason plan to run away at the booth across from his might be my new favorite shot of the series

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited April 2017
    From another MB:
    Fuu wrote:
    Some stuff I saw on twitter from the show's panel at Wondercon 2017:

The writers would love to do a Halloween episode based on Afterlife with Archie. (not happening this season then)

Producers discussed looking at fan reception and what people respond to.

Roberto assures that Veronica is still a pussycat and that we will be
    hearing Betty sing.

An upcoming episode will feature
    Jughead's birthday, featuring an epic house party
    which was the cast's favorite episode to shoot.

"Did you catch a cold, Luke?" "I caught a hot!" Luke Perry regarding Hermione and Fred's first kiss shot when Marisol Nichols was sick.

On Lilli, Camila: "She told me I was a good kisser", Cole: "She told me I was cold and sterile!".

KJ and Cole reflect on their romance – as Cole likes to call it instead of bromance.

"Can we get a cameo of Dylan Sprouse as Souphead?" Cole: "It will take A LOT of convincing." (Dylan is Cole's twin and Souphead is Jughead's cousin who looks nearly identical to him)

Roberto teases that
    we will be seeing Jughead's mom and Hiram Lodge
    in future episodes, one sooner rather than later.

Roberto seems very hopeful we will see
    Jellybean in season 2.

Luke was the only one who guessed right on who Jason's killer was.

"No comment" when Roberto was asked about
    Sabrina in season 2.
    (this is so happening)

Roberto says "maybe" on potential
    Ms Grundy return.

Cole wants Jughead to have a house, adopt Hot Dog and continue sleuthing. Camila looks forward to Veronica's interactions with Hiram.

Lilli wants more Dark Betty (the crowd cheers), KJ wants Archie to chill out, have a relationship and work on his friendship with Jughead.

If they could cast their own unseen parent, Camila picks Andy Garcia for Veronica's dad and Cole picks Eva Green for Jughead's mom.
    C8Rll4AXgAEVg-z.jpg:large

C8Ru2VVUQAAzSX3.jpg:large

C8S5XxdV0AAsTvN.jpg:large

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I can't believe that Betty's mom might not be an entirely horrible person.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Reynolds wrote: »

CW

Consistency of character is... Not a priority

• Options
    the number one rule of a nighttime soap opera, is no one is as evil as the next person revealed to be a monster

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    If you had told Young Jim when he was bored and watching the Disney Channel that Cole Sprouse would one day be his favorite part of anything, he'd never believe you

But I think Jughead has surpassed Veronica as far as "characters on this show I enjoy watching and want good things to happen to"

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    I am glad we got our Cole Sprouse beefcake moment in this episode, as my girlfriend now understands my occasional moments of being struck dumb by Camila Mendes

• Options
    Reynolds wrote: »
    The Coopers have got screws loose more than being evil. The Blossoms are just straight up evil.

Until we meet Hiram, probably.

sig.gif
  • Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    man, Hiram better say egads at least once

• Options
    My dream casting is still Gary Oldman.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    A conversation held between my roommate & I:
    Roommate: Oh hey, do you have anything going on this Friday night?
    Me: I don't think so.
    Roommate: You wanna go over to Clint's house and hangout?
    Me: Sure. *a moment passes* Oh wait, I have Riverdale at 7 p.m., so anything past 8 p.m. should work for me.
    Roommate: God dammit... You're going to pass up a real moment in the real world for that show?
    Me: I watch it with a community of people.
    Roommate: I can't even believe you...
    Me: Yes, I know it doesn't dare compare to your hours spent on a raid in Destiny.
    Roommate: We are at least accomplishing something when we do those.
    Me: NO YOU AREN'T BECAUSE IT ISN'T REAL.

So ya know, my roommate is still kind of the worst.

Zonugal on
  • Options
    That fucking guy

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
  • Options
    Keith wrote: »

The "fake facts" quote from the fraudulent principal is the real kicker, there