As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Conan Exiles: Penny Arcade Server Now Online

• Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    Walt wrote: »
    I've got my second map room built but not placed. Any ideas on where to put it? It seems like the desert is pretty barren, map-room wise. Maybe by the sinkhole?

My base is directly opposite the sinkhole obelisk, and there’s plenty of space on the plateau.

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    I'm still so far off from being able to get a map room

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    the two contenders for me are the sinkhole (pretty good central obelisk area) and outside the pass to the caldera. both the noob desert and the volcano have a pretty sucky run back

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Obelisk Locations (with my own personal commentary)
    Desert
    --Above the Dregs (not very accessible, definitely can't build anywhere near by. Only useful for fast dungeon access)
    --The Unnamed City (on the way to learning how to craft the map room. Also not very useful)
    --The Sinkhole (prime building area around here, this is where I always build "Midbase" even before the Obelisks were added)
    --Between the Salt Flats and Sepemaru City (decent building opportunities all over this area)

Jungle
    --Northeast, between spiders and new pirate ship (very hostile environment from all the frickin' critters)
    --Southeast, just above the main temple, good access to the Witch dungeon (decent building opportunities around this one)

Highlands
    --Outside Black Keep, just across the big bridge (not really suitable for building super closeby, due to there being a very big undead city here, decent outlier base location options though)
    --Mounds of the Dead (not the best, the wights in this area are damn mean, but there's some good land north of it and west of it)
    --Frost Giant keep (really cold here, but there's actually tons of building room nearby)

Volcano
    --Inside the volcano, this whole area is flagged as a no build zone, only serves as access to get you here from elsewhere

• Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    I did just finish construction of a Sphinx-ish building for the sole purpose of housing a map room. . .
    m8Hl39Q.jpg

NYxbXLn.jpg

gXphTvG.jpg

Located just east of Sepermeru, a short run south of the Obelisk, and right outside a gate to the Unnamed City.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    Tiger BurningTiger Burning Dig if you will, the pictureRegistered User, SolidSaints Tube regular
    That is definitely a turtle.

I love it.

Ain't no particular sign I'm more compatible with
  • Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    If you are going to build a map room by the sinkhole, put it at the entrance, which is the arena (due east-ish down the mountain by the river there) I couldnt find a way down from the sinkhole proper and the area is a no build zone at the lip.

Also, the plateau mountain at the hand where norgoth's tower is, is *almost* the perfect build spot for Fortress Jericho. There is an npc camp called Thurga's Stand that prevents a sizable chunk of the plateau from being built on and it fucks with walls and foundation fencing, forcing you to build back about 2 foundation blocks in order to put uo a wall and defenses... and thus it means firebombs can be placed to punch through...

Would be a magnificent spot for a pvp guild town otherwise.

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    The entrance into the sinkhole, which is where the undead dragon lives, is actually out on the river to the east of there (and way down).

You have to go through a mini-dungeon of skeletons and such to get into it. And last I was in there, the entire place is a corruption zone. You'll probably come away with about 1/3 to 1/2 a bar of corruption on that adventure.

• Options
    edited June 2018
    Ive run around in there, there are pockets of light and heavy corruption in the arena/sinkhole. Light corruption doesnt hurt as bad after you have about 10% of your health bar corroded.

But get a couple level 3 dancers nearby and they remove all of the corruption in seconds. (Just need to regen the hp back.)

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • Options
    DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    the two contenders for me are the sinkhole (pretty good central obelisk area) and outside the pass to the caldera. both the noob desert and the volcano have a pretty sucky run back

There's an entrance into the volcano close to the frost palace obelisk which is where my other map room already is.

• Options
    WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular

There's an entrance into the volcano close to the frost palace obelisk which is where my other map room already is.

didn't know that, cool

I think I'm gonna put it near my original base just north of the hand, which is central to both the sinkhole and the city as well as pretty close to easy gossamer/aloe farms (most useful "southern" resources imo). its also a great location for getting thralls (black galleon nearby). Need to fix that base up a bit first, though. If purges actually worked it'd be a pretty crappy spot to defend from them.

• Options
    Yeah you have to climb a hill a little bit, but it's pretty much a straight shot north of the map room and then up the hill west of the frost giant camp that's up there.

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    RIP

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    jammujammu 2020 is now. Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    Normally you have to defeat the 2 giants before facing Witch Queen.
    First I tried the fight, she didn't join the fight.
    I restarted the game.
    This time there were 4 giants total and she entered the fight after first 2 died.

5ksqqqx.jpg

Side effects were hilarious.

jammu on
    Ww8FAMg.jpg
  • Options
    PoketpixiePoketpixie Siege Registered User regular
    I haven't played much lately and most of that has been spent in single player experimenting with weird build locations. You can do some interesting things using pillars as stringers for platforms under bridges and such. They work just as well top down as they do from ground up. Getting up there to build them is a bit of a pain though.

I've been thinking about the fortress I made on the lake. Mostly thinking what I'd do differently. I'm giving serious thought to redoing the whole thing just because it's a bit of a lagmonster. Maybe a smaller fortress near the dam's spillway and a little fishing village on the lake using pylons to support the buildings instead of a solid foundation(what was I thinking).

Kind of disappointed there isn't more to the game. The dungeons and rewards could be fleshed more and the crafting needs a bit more work.

• Options
    edited June 2018
    Dragon Quest Builders - right now - is best in genre (to me) as far as a fully fleshed out RPG with build/craft/survive mechanics.

Conan just screams to be built up with more RPG elements. They started to move more in that direction, with adding neutral NPCs to Sepemeru and even adding vendors there. But it also feels as if development on that was halted because the game had to launch. I'd love to see fully realized quest chains, and more NPC interactions, maybe some dialog trees, and so forth.

This is still a young genre, and I think the first full blown RPG set in a fully player built world is gonna be huge.

Personally, I'd love to see Blizzard's take on this genre. With their level of polish and worldbuilding, a Warcraft or Starcraft build/craft/survive game would totally awesome.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    Yeah I made one of those barnacle bases hanging from an overpass near the black galleon. It was pretty fun to show it could be done. I had longer term plans for it, but the second platform I built wouldn't accept my T2 Wheel of Pain, which was disappointing, so I had to build it on the slopes beside the base. At which point the Wheel of Pain immediately disappeared. That was annoying and combined with my inability to 'finish' my character's arc and remove the bracelet due to a glitch has kind of turned me off, I think I'm done for a bit.

• Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    This is still a young genre, and I think the first full blown RPG set in a fully player built world is gonna be huge

Agreed. ELDER SCROLLS is very well-positioned to do this, but Bethesda seems committed to ESO. Perhaps this will be FALLOUT 76.

• Options
    edited June 2018
    Fairchild wrote: »
    This is still a young genre, and I think the first full blown RPG set in a fully player built world is gonna be huge

Agreed. ELDER SCROLLS is very well-positioned to do this, but Bethesda seems committed to ESO. Perhaps this will be FALLOUT 76.

Totally agree. I think the kernels of potential are there in Conan, but time will tell how Funcom runs with it. Though I really suspect we'll see quests eventually, too much of the groundwork is there already.

Fallout 76 certainly sounds like it may be or maybe not or perhaps it is? We'll find out at E3 I suppose. I hope it is.

What I'd love to see from the genre is a marriage of Survival game and Open World RPG, with a splash of MMO. Like give me a bigass open world littered with dungeons and quests (to be perfectly honest I think the Radiant AI system would be perfect for the genre), have the server be around like 200 or so players, and allow players to build forts/bases.

At any rate I do think we're starting to see the genre evolve. Players can only punch trees in a world devoid of anything else for only so long. :razz:

Axen on
  • Options
    In many ways, Star Wars Galaxies already did much of this.

That game was way ahead of its time. It had fully player made cities and a totally player driven economy. But everything in that game was prefab and made from blueprints within the game world. But even still, it was awesome to see some of the organizational effort that people put in (on some servers) to making good, organized cities.

• Options
    edited June 2018
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    In many ways, Star Wars Galaxies already did much of this.

That game was way ahead of its time. It had fully player made cities and a totally player driven economy. But everything in that game was prefab and made from blueprints within the game world. But even still, it was awesome to see some of the organizational effort that people put in (on some servers) to making good, organized cities.

Oh man, for real. I actually loved SWG. For the record it wasn't even my first MMO. First was EQ, then DAoC and then SWG. Each one I loved for different reasons.

SWG's player run economy and player interaction was something I really missed from MMOs.

I don't want to say the game had small player base because the game had as many players on each server as any other MMO at the time, but the game did have several planets each with a number of cities to start in. So the players right out the gate were scattered across the galaxy. This lead to each town having a, for an MMO, relatively small population of players. This turned out to be pretty awesome IMHO because you actually got to know a lot of the people operating in your area.

There was a group of players I was close with as we all worked out of that northern city on Corellia. All of us were in different guilds, but when the game first added prefab buildings we came together and decided to build a hunting camp near these crystal swamps. Before long other players came and asked if they could join us. They didn't even have to ask, but they did anyway cause people were baller like that in SWG. After awhile our little camp of like 3-4 buildings became a town of 20ish. Even though no one was "in charge" and everyone came from different guilds the whole place ended up feeling like a town layout wise anyway. When the game added the ability to make actual towns we did just that.

The player economy and crafting was cool enough that I had a guy I'd see for weapons, another for armor, and yet another for hair. :razz:

Hell, I ran a fucking pawn shop out of my home and the insane thing was it was actually successful!

Axen on
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    SWG has been pretty much the only MMORPG I've really gotten into, enough to subscribe for more than a month at least. I think I played for about 6 months, which is huge for me since I get burnt out on a game after a couple of weeks. I was burnt out on the MMO formula before EQ even came out from years of playing MUDs. I do miss SWG.

• Options
    BitTWistBitTWist Kitsap CountyRegistered User regular
    i loved SWG (still have my beta disks), but it ended for me when the whole Jedi/Hologram/NG thing happened.

3DS:2552-1222-3225 / PSN:BitTwist
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    BitTWist wrote: »
    i loved SWG (still have my beta disks), but it ended for me when the whole Jedi/Hologram/NG thing happened.

I got it on release, but didn't really get into it until after the CURB. I really liked some of the changes they made. I also liked the revised Jedi system with the Village. The previous system was too random and grindy. Once they did the NG thing after Episode III came out, that's when I stopped playing.

• Options
    PoketpixiePoketpixie Siege Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    Yeah it does feel like development was cut short because they had to launch. It's obvious certain areas of the game weren't fully fleshed out. They have the bones of a good game but it could be great with some more work.

I'd like to see them expand on the dungeons more, both in complexity/size and number available with a better realized reward system for doing them. One of the things I liked a lot about Subnautica was finding stuff to decorate my base with. Conan Exiles has a bit of that but they could really go a lot more in depth with it by adding more stuff to find(more furniture/tapestries/furnishings, etc scattered around the world in npc camps with more exotic items to be found in dangerous locations). They could add cosmetic slots for weapons and armor or transmog options and then a chance to find a new unlock by killing dungeon or world bosses or even just random mobs. There's an area in the volcano that could be an extremely cool dungeon/raid type thing if they put some more work into it. You could have player run shops. It'd be nice if the game world was bigger too.

Axen wrote: »
    What I'd love to see from the genre is a marriage of Survival game and Open World RPG, with a splash of MMO. Like give me a bigass open world littered with dungeons and quests (to be perfectly honest I think the Radiant AI system would be perfect for the genre), have the server be around like 200 or so players, and allow players to build forts/bases.

At any rate I do think we're starting to see the genre evolve. Players can only punch trees in a world devoid of anything else for only so long. :razz:

I have long thought a game that was part open world survival, part rpg/mmo, part Dungeon Keeper would be rad. Throw in a random world event system and let the npcs build stuff too. Guild Wars 2 has a little of that but the npcs never get very far. Rifts had that too with the planar rift invasions. Conan has the Purge but it's not very complex. So far I've seen waves of disorganized monsters. What if it was an organized army? Or a band of mercenary raiders that loot and run? Maybe a caravan that spawns and needs to be protected or a dragon attack. And random invasions are one kind of event. There could be weather events. They have the sandstorm but what about monsoons in the jungle area or a volcanic eruption or a blizzard or a plague of locusts? I'd like to see a game tackle the changing of the seasons too.

And all these survival games players get to build their own bases but what about the npcs? What if over time they were able to build up their designated locations? How much would depend on the difficulty of the area they're in. The longer they go undisturbed the bigger they get. Maybe it starts as a hovel but eventually the orcs or whatever's there start building a town and eventually a fortress. Maybe it's a higher level area so it never gets smaller than a fortress. As it levels up so does the loot.

Or maybe that underground lair or evil looking castle is owned by another player. Because right now we can build our own fortresses and there's an option to raid them. We can 'tame' npcs and install them in our base. Now, what if you could tame undead or demons and populate your base with those? And install traps and and build your own little puzzles for players to overcome. Somewhere in the base is a treasure room specifically designed to reward players without taking anything from the dungeon's owner and the richness of that room is based on how long it's been since it was last raided, how many players have died in the dungeon, and what level the owner is, etc. What do the raiders get? Loot if they survive. What does the dungeon owner get? Loot of their own....treasure from slain heroes, exp, maybe they build up reputation or notoriety that allows them to hire better monsters and unlock better traps and other options. Maybe the players can unlock the ability to *be* a monster themselves...a lich or an ogre king or something and that's how they get their dungeon going. You'd have players building places designed to be raided....player created dungeons...and it's set up in a way that they *want* to be raided and it's fun for the people doing the raiding and the ones being raided.

Poketpixie on
  • Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    There's an area in the volcano that could be an extremely cool dungeon/raid type thing if they put some more work into it.

A giant 40-man raid instance inside a Volcano. Naw, that would never catch on.

• Options
    edited June 2018
    It's a Funcom release, so bugs galore. It's bit better than Anarchy Online release, but that's not saying much.

On my quest to finish the game and remove the bracelet I encountered following:
    Witch queen encounter bugs (not starting, then double giants). I got stuck inside her house in the NPC city. (known bug)
    Spider-boss not reacting at all to being attacked.
    And best of all, when I got all parts to finish the quest: the Altar at Chaosmouth wasn't there. Known bug apparently.

Maybe It will respawn after next spawn.

jammu on
    Ww8FAMg.jpg
  • Options
    Man, why are bones so hard to get? I kill 10 animals and maybe get 3, if I get any at all. Is there a better way than chopping up animals with an axe?

• Options
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Man, why are bones so hard to get? I kill 10 animals and maybe get 3, if I get any at all. Is there a better way than chopping up animals with an axe?

I found raiding Dafari camps to be the best source of bones. More often than not the mooks drop bones and the chests typically have quite a few bones in them. Like when they drop it's in stacks of 20-30 or so.

edit- Oh shit, that Dev Blog is fucking tight!

Super happy to hear DLC will be cosmetic only!

And also everything in that makes me super happy.

edit 2- In case you can't currently check the link:
    Dear exiles,

We’ve been working hard on technical fixes and crash fixes since we launched and we’ve been steadily patching out improvements to the technical side of the game.

But there is more to our roadmap than just stability and technical improvements and so we wanted to take a moment today to talk to you about what is coming down the pipeline. You’ll be seeing three types of updates going forward: Major Updates, Minor Updates and DLCs. A lot of this is based on learning from Early Access about what we are capable of delivering and how often.

Minor game updates are changes like bug fixes and upgrades and tweaks to features. The larger free updates will contain new features that adds to the current Conan Exiles experience. Finally, the DLCs are paid cosmetic content for the game, which we will also try to release regularly. DLC will help us pay for the official servers and continued development of the game.

We are also currently working on stabilizing a patch that consists of over 500 changes/adjustments/fixes. These range from relatively small (worldbuilding fixes, improved animations and hitboxes, Audio fixes) to bigger (balancing work, adjustments to Purges, new attacks for some bosses), to only name a few. However, due to the sheer size and number of items in this patch, we want to make sure we have as much time as possible to stabilize this build before being able to ship it to you.

This is an overview of our current plans. Keep in mind that this plan isn’t complete and there may be even more features added to it.

MAJOR UPDATES
    Taming and Pets

You’ve been patiently waiting for this one for a while, and we are proud to announce that we are also working on getting our pet and taming systems into your hands as soon as possible.

We’re currently working on the tech and optimization that goes hand in hand with adding this to the game, and we’ll talk about this feature in detail very soon.

New Dungeon(s)

In addition to the Pets update, we’ll also be adding new dungeons to the game. Currently we have several in production, one of which is tied explicitly to the Pet system. More information on those soon as well.

Jhebbal Sag Religion

Who better to join the pantheon of the Exiled Lands than the Lord of Beasts himself! Jhebbal Sag will become available as a religion to those strong and brave enough to find him – and with his religion comes new altars, pet-focused religious items and, of course, the avatar of the god himself.

Side note: We’re also doing further balancing updates to the god avatars.

MINOR UPDATES
    Archery

Power Shot for Bow – This will add hold functionality to the bow, rather than the delayed shot we have right now. This is an oft-requested feature from the community and one that we hope will improve the bow combat experience.

Special Arrows – Poison arrows, explosive arrows, healing arrows and light arrows will increase the arsenal of bow users in the game, and give them more options in combat. We will also ensure that these arrows work together with orbs to combine effects and give players more tactical ways to approach battles.

Combat & Animation

Off-hand Combos – In a future patch, we’re adding support for players to perform *different* combos based on the weapon that they have equipped in their off-hand. No better feeling that shield bashing your enemies into the earth or tearing into them with dual axes (throwing axe in the off-hand).

This adds more tactical options for players in combat.

Item Usage Animation – Slightly more controversial, but certainly needed, we are adding animations to usage of certain items in the game. Bandages and potions, for example, will force an animation to be played before providing their effect. This is to solve several potion spamming problems in combat – and is also a much requested feature from our RP community.

Modding

Automatic Downloading of Mods – This is a quality of life fix that we have wanted to add for a while – the ability to automatically download mods when selecting a modded server. Much requested by modders, this allows people a smoother gateway into the experiences created by our amazing community.

Please remember that these minor updates will also include bugfixes, balance changes, optimizations and anything we see urgently requested by the community.

DLC – THE IMPERIAL EAST PACK
    This is a cosmetic only DLC that we will release in June. This culture pack, inspired by the country of Khitai in Hyboria, is made by our amazing character and 3D artists. They don’t work on code or gameplay updates, and the making of these DLC packs will have no impact on the further development of Conan Exiles.

It includes the following items:

3 new armor sets – Khitan Mercenary Armor (Light), Khitan Officer Armor (Medium) and Khitan Imperial Armor (Heavy). These armor sets are available from level 10, with an epic version at level 60 (requires epic tier materials to craft)
    11 new weapons with Khitai themed visuals. These will be available as iron tier and starmetal tier visuals and will have appropriate stats for those levels (and require level appropriate materials to craft)
    25 new placeables in Khitan style. These include new carpets, tables, braziers, lanterns, chairs, screens, drums etc.
    5 new decorative warpaints in Khitan style.
    A new set of Tier 3 building pieces in the Khitan style.

All of the above recipes will become accessible through the Khitan Artisan station, which is available after purchasing the DLC. As already mentioned this is a purely cosmetic DLC pack that won’t affect gameplay balance. You’re not buying power, just looks.

Thank you for your support, let us raise a bowl to the future!

Funcom

Axen on
  • Options

I found raiding Dafari camps to be the best source of bones. More often than not the mooks drop bones and the chests typically have quite a few bones in them. Like when they drop it's in stacks of 20-30 or so.

Ah, cool. I've been thinking of heading back to dismantle my starter camp by the river and hitting up camps along the way.

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    I play a Khitan character. I might have squeed a bit at that DLC content...

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    I bet you're excited to get her all Khitted out then...

• Options
    I'm most excited about the Khitan building pieces that they mentioned. The armor is cool looking, but if there's an entirely new T2/T3 building aesthetic, I can totally get behind that.

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    I bet you're excited to get her all Khitted out then...

s
    i
    g
    h

:razz:

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    Yeah. Weapons... pfft. Gimme pretty buildings.

Ww8FAMg.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Poketpixie wrote: »
    Yeah it does feel like development was cut short because they had to launch. It's obvious certain areas of the game weren't fully fleshed out. They have the bones of a good game but it could be great with some more work.

I'd like to see them expand on the dungeons more, both in complexity/size and number available with a better realized reward system for doing them. One of the things I liked a lot about Subnautica was finding stuff to decorate my base with. Conan Exiles has a bit of that but they could really go a lot more in depth with it by adding more stuff to find(more furniture/tapestries/furnishings, etc scattered around the world in npc camps with more exotic items to be found in dangerous locations). They could add cosmetic slots for weapons and armor or transmog options and then a chance to find a new unlock by killing dungeon or world bosses or even just random mobs. There's an area in the volcano that could be an extremely cool dungeon/raid type thing if they put some more work into it. You could have player run shops. It'd be nice if the game world was bigger too.

I have long thought a game that was part open world survival, part rpg/mmo, part Dungeon Keeper would be rad. Throw in a random world event system and let the npcs build stuff too. Guild Wars 2 has a little of that but the npcs never get very far. Rifts had that too with the planar rift invasions. Conan has the Purge but it's not very complex. So far I've seen waves of disorganized monsters. What if it was an organized army? Or a band of mercenary raiders that loot and run? Maybe a caravan that spawns and needs to be protected or a dragon attack. And random invasions are one kind of event. There could be weather events. They have the sandstorm but what about monsoons in the jungle area or a volcanic eruption or a blizzard or a plague of locusts? I'd like to see a game tackle the changing of the seasons too.

And all these survival games players get to build their own bases but what about the npcs? What if over time they were able to build up their designated locations? How much would depend on the difficulty of the area they're in. The longer they go undisturbed the bigger they get. Maybe it starts as a hovel but eventually the orcs or whatever's there start building a town and eventually a fortress. Maybe it's a higher level area so it never gets smaller than a fortress. As it levels up so does the loot.

Or maybe that underground lair or evil looking castle is owned by another player. Because right now we can build our own fortresses and there's an option to raid them. We can 'tame' npcs and install them in our base. Now, what if you could tame undead or demons and populate your base with those? And install traps and and build your own little puzzles for players to overcome. Somewhere in the base is a treasure room specifically designed to reward players without taking anything from the dungeon's owner and the richness of that room is based on how long it's been since it was last raided, how many players have died in the dungeon, and what level the owner is, etc. What do the raiders get? Loot if they survive. What does the dungeon owner get? Loot of their own....treasure from slain heroes, exp, maybe they build up reputation or notoriety that allows them to hire better monsters and unlock better traps and other options. Maybe the players can unlock the ability to *be* a monster themselves...a lich or an ogre king or something and that's how they get their dungeon going. You'd have players building places designed to be raided....player created dungeons...and it's set up in a way that they *want* to be raided and it's fun for the people doing the raiding and the ones being raided.

I really want to believe all of this... but then I look at Mario Maker and the scummery required for 0.001% level completion reputations.
    Some aggregate rating system would help but no one's figured out how to prevent rating bombs from surly internet groups.

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • Options
    What level is that Witch dungeon?

• Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    What level is that Witch dungeon?

Which dungeon?

• Options
    If you're going after the Which Queen, the "dungeon" is basically one loooong fight, first against her Guards, then against her plus whichever Guards are still standing. If you're going to solo it, I'd suggest upper 50's.