As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Conan Exiles: Penny Arcade Server Now Online

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    From a lore standpoint, what is the favored religion of the Khitans?

I'm trying to decide where I want to build my new Samurai Base, and I need to know what kind of temple to build there that is thematically appropriate.

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    From a lore standpoint, what is the favored religion of the Khitans?

I'm trying to decide where I want to build my new Samurai Base, and I need to know what kind of temple to build there that is thematically appropriate.

In Khitai, they worship Yun, the emperor of the Underworld. The priests cultivate lotus plants and engage in human sacrifice (in order to contact the Underworld). I haven't found any reference to any other religions practiced there.

Thematically, the jungle zone is the most appropriate place to build, btw, as much of Khitai is described as being a jungle.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    Oh ok. So I guess I'll just go with no temple for now, and hope that maybe one day they add Yun to the game. The Religion selector wheel on the character creation screen still has 2-3 empty spaces, so they clearly have future religions planned to be added.

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    Only just started but game seems to run a lot better on my PC than Ark did which is a huge relief. That may be becuase I'm in a giant barren desert with next to no foilage but heres hoping its a good sign.

Might tinker around abit more with single player for abit but don't want to do too much since I want to try to move to the PA server soon.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    You guys probably should see about sweet-talking a mod into editing the server login and mod info into the OP or something? It's just kind of buried a ways back in the thread now.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Finished downloading the mods, I get these messages when trying to connect to the server though:
    BRGtUSt.jpg

5vpelGm.jpg

I guess this is becuase of patch day?

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    Probably, yes. You won't be able to connect to the PA server until DS updates it.

That is the error that I received when I had my Mods loaded in the wrong order, too, so that may also need to be fixed.

• Options
    Bought the DLC. Holy shit the Khitan weapons and armor are disappointing af. The basic versions all have shitty stats worse than basic iron (in some cases, barely better than bone), and the level 60 versions are inferior to other level 60 gear.

All the armor is cold armor, too.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
  • Options
    I dunno. I logged in and had all my skills and stuff reset from that forced respec a while ago and just didn't have the ambition to try to relevel and remember what I had. And I was bummed about the armor and weapon stats. So I logged back out. :lol:

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Don't think I truly realized how bad I am at building on a three dimensional plane until now.

Trying to build a roof for the shack I made near the broken highway, its getting a lil embarrassing. I used a bunch of ramps for the sides, it uhh..didn't work out.

Very smooth placement system though, I like it. Everything snaps together well so far.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    Go ahead and use walls, all of that FORTNITE pyramid building stuff isn't needed.

I would suggest that you at least reach the river before building your first hut.

• Options
    Fairchild wrote: »
    Go ahead and use walls, all of that FORTNITE pyramid building stuff isn't needed.

I would suggest that you at least reach the river before building your first hut.
    Oh, I did, I'm on a hill overlooking it just outside the intro area.

On a sidenote, finding my corpse, chopping it up, cooking it and then eating it has to be in my top three surreal video game experiences.

• Options
    edited June 2018
    Fiddling with the Khitai stuff in SP now. PP is correct, the armor is all Cold resist and its ratings are middle of the road, but it is snazzy looking, especially the Imperial Heavy set. One of the best-looking sets in the game, I think. The building pieces are all end-game level, unfortunately, requiring Hardened Brick and Steel Reinforcements.

But what you really want to do is build the Khitai crafting table, which unlocks a whole bunch of Asian-themed decorations which are all you'd dreamed they would be. Jade cat idols, oriental carpets, all sorts of torches and furniture. Definitely worth the money for the crafting table alone.

Fairchild on
  • Options
    DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    Okay, server is patched. I haven't tried connecting yet (in the middle of building a new PC) so if you get any mod incompatibilities or whatever, let me know and I'll see if I can download new versions.

• Options
    edited June 2018
    Logging into the PA server now...

Yup, that works, thanks DS.

EDIT- Or not, server just dropped. We're back. If you haven't logged in for a while, don't be surprised to find that you are nailed in place by the ability reset assigning your Encumbrance stat to zero.

Fairchild on
  • Options
    How does the DLC stuff work with servers? Does everyone on the server have to have the DLC?

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Oy. The Khitai heavy set requires a lot of Gold Dust, so I guess I'm heading back to the volcano.

Fairchild on
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Living under a bridge like a true hyborian hobo.

Baby's first stone shanty:
    fKOQJVt.jpg

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
  • Options
    Right now, I might be playing it too safe but I guess I'm kind of exploring all the different crafting I have available in the current environment before I pack up and move further on.

• Options
    I've been working on a giant pyramid structure in my singleplayer game, which is a total console/admin game. When I'm in singleplayer, I'm basically just in build mode and I'm not interested in adventuring or any of that. Just in testing experimental builds and building giant stuff that would take literal months of farming to get in an online session.

And anyway, once I get it finished it will be quite grand in scale. I plan for it to be a 3 story structure.

The ground floor will be a map room. I started huge. I began with a base of 15x15 for my pyramid.

Next, the middle floor is going to be a palace interior and royal hall. And very likely a royal bed chamber.

And the top floor will be a temple. I'm building in the frozen northland, so I will probably make it a Temple to Ymir so that it's thematically appropriate.

• Options
    DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    Recently I've been all into Witcher 3, but I still think about Conan. I think for the most part I've 'finished' what I want out of the game. But if they ever make end game pve a viable experience I'll probably be back. ie: purges that actually work, and are a threat. Maybe being able to self-trigger purges would be nice.

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Some friends picked this up for the PS4, and I've followed them. We're all around 40-50 now, and it has been.... an interesting experience. Private server with a 20 player cap, but we're only using 6 max at the moment, and unlikely to change in the immediate future.

We're definitely hoping that purges get fixed at some point. As far as I know we had one back in the early days, and haven't had one since, which I'm aware is a common thing, based on a cursory bit of Google'ing. I wasn't around for it, so that journey step has been at the top of my list for a while now. Mocking me.

We're expanding into the North, but a few of us haven't quite given up working on projects a bit to the south. One has a desert marketplace built up in the west, another two have facilities going up in the distant east, and I've recently set up a... 'recruitment center' near the pirate area. 2 Wheels of pain and a Lesser wheel going pretty regularly, I've basically stopped snagging T1's at this point, which is no surprise really, but based on the raw number of at least semi-permanent base camps we have between us, it is escalating pretty quickly (there are at least 7 fairly substantial structures around the world, with more planned).

It's fascinating to see how each of us approach things. Some go with a very realistic route; smelters tucked away a moderate distance, dining hall area, individuals bedrooms. My approach is a bit more utilitarian/modest, I built a, err, I think it's a 5x5 area and crammed damned near everything inside it. The smelter and tannery went outside with the wheels of pain, but it's all fairly clustered. Not exactly an immense immersive location, but boy is it nice to craft things with benches and storage all within about 20 ft of each other.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    I'm a big fan of a giant "common room" for a workshop. It's definitely a convenience and utilitarian approach. Put all your crafting stations in one local area for ease of use.

I have iterated on the idea a bit. In the video I posted of my "Midbase" a few pages back, I use the one-room approach, with most of it on the first floor, but a few things on the 2nd floor due to space limitations.

I also tried an experimental build up in a northern base which I called "Podbase" because the workshop was essentially split into different pods, each with a crafting theme. They were all still connected to a central hub area, so it wasn't as though they were far apart, but they were definitely more segmented.

And one other design I used was to build two workrooms, smaller than my giant one-room approach, and then connect the two rooms with a small hallway. I think I actually like this design the best. Basically I used the left side for forge and smithy and armor type activities. Basically anything that needs metalworking was in the left room, and then my right room was for all non-metalworking stations. I had my tannery, carpenter, alchemist, and other stations there.

• Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    I'm a big fan of a giant "common room" for a workshop. It's definitely a convenience and utilitarian approach. Put all your crafting stations in one local area for ease of use.

I have iterated on the idea a bit. In the video I posted of my "Midbase" a few pages back, I use the one-room approach, with most of it on the first floor, but a few things on the 2nd floor due to space limitations.

I also tried an experimental build up in a northern base which I called "Podbase" because the workshop was essentially split into different pods, each with a crafting theme. They were all still connected to a central hub area, so it wasn't as though they were far apart, but they were definitely more segmented.

And one other design I used was to build two workrooms, smaller than my giant one-room approach, and then connect the two rooms with a small hallway. I think I actually like this design the best. Basically I used the left side for forge and smithy and armor type activities. Basically anything that needs metalworking was in the left room, and then my right room was for all non-metalworking stations. I had my tannery, carpenter, alchemist, and other stations there.

If I had the time and/or ability, a mod I would like to make would a sort of thrall NPC AI mod. There would be a bed and a chair that you could assign a thrall that is currently in a workbench to, and at dusk the thrall would actually walk away from their workbench and walk to their chair and sit, eating or drinking, and then at night they would move to their bed and sleep until dawn. They'd then move back to the chair until morning, when they go back to their workbench. The workbench would still work like a thrall is in it (because technically it still would be), so it would purely be cosmetic.

Something like this would be a huge motivator for me to actually build a village for myself and my thralls, similar to what I do in Fallout 4. I'd build actual workshops for the benches, and homes for each of them. As it stands now, yeah, I just build a big room and put everything in there.

• Options
    Once again I'm reminded that I wouldn't be cut out for this CONAN EXILES thing in real life. I needed to farm up 100 Ice Shards to upgrade my Ymir Temple, which meant teleporting down to the starter river and slaughtering all of the n00b Exile NPC's over and over, gaining one Shard from each one. Killed a few Darfari cannibals, too, which I'm less squeamish about, because they are a nasty bunch.

But when I returned to my base my Human Resources department reported that they had convinced Freya the Archer to join my Accelerated Executive Internship Program, so that was good news. Well done, men !

• Options
    Huh, we finally had a purge last night! A pile of dire wolves and some asshole named archer attacked one of our bases in the early Northern grasslands, so the 4 of us online rushed to its defense. I was the first there, and the game rapidly became 'stab a wolf once or twice and then get the fuck out of there, holy shit wolves will surround you and mess you up' while waiting for backup. Would've loved to truncheon the named guy, but it seems he died in the midst of the conflict. Collected something like 800 wolf pelts when that was done, and I wasn't the only one looting, or certain that we got them all before they started despawning.

Speaking of thralls, a question I haven't seen answered with cursory Google'ing or here; you can put several types of thrall on a given station, at least in some cases. eg; Artisan stations will take damned near anyone, cauldrons will take Cooks as well as Alchemists, etc. Obviously the cook doesn't give the alchemist's recipes, but do they otherwise perform the same, in terms of speeding things up and eventually reducing materials? I haven't seen anything conclusive about it in the wiki or elsewhere, figured someone here might have gone over this at some point.

My... ahem, 'recruitment center' is in full swing. Added a third Wheel of Pa.... Positive Attitude INtensification, so along with the lesser one, I can now... induct 13 members at once, a reasonable hop from the pirate ship. Best haul from yesterday was a named Tanner who should finish up today or tomorrow, and a Taskmaster 3, whom I can't wait to put to work (not having a TM makes 2's and 3's in particular just crawl).

I'm thinking of expanding towards the north eastern obelisk, so part of that has involved crafting piles of stonebrick foundations/ceilings/walls/etc. Hauling a good portion of what I brought with me a good 5'ish minutes away from our standard base was enough of a hike, but I think this one will be even further. On the up side, if I'm intentionally building near'ish to said Obelisk, being able to port there will speed things up considerably for further trips, especially if I can get a map room of my own completed, substantial undertaking as that is.

• Options
    Hi there, DS, the PA server appears to be down at the moment and I don't think a new patch hit today, altho a big one sounds like it's coming up by the end of the week.

• Options
    DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    Fairchild wrote: »
    Hi there, DS, the PA server appears to be down at the moment and I don't think a new patch hit today, altho a big one sounds like it's coming up by the end of the week.

I'll hop in and take a look shortly, currently still at work. I'll post here once I get it figured out. Also, my internet has been kinda flaky recently too, which is rare... so I'll investigate.

• Options
  • Options
    And we're back online!

• Options
    edited June 2018
    Anyone here that can speak for the PS4 version performance?

Bought the PC version and its not the slideshow Ark was but don't think I'm going to be able to make peace with the performance I'm getting out of it on my desktop. The framerate skipping every 30 seconds or so will just grate on me.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    I've got the PS4 version. The game itself ran fine. I had some latency issue which I'm assuming is attributed to the private server I was renting. I do not have any experience with Singleplayer mode or Official public servers.

• Options
    Installed an Executive Intern Recruitment Center near the Den last nite. Named Armorers, Smelters, Dancers, and Taskmasters in there. Despite wearing good armor and knowing what they are capable of, I STILL almost died to a Dancer III. But now she's securely installed in our training program.

• Options
    There are several thrall types that I go out of my way to carefully protect while whittling down a crowd, in order to capture them. Named things. Taskmaster 3's.

Dancers are nice and I like having a couple at each of our properties, but that stacking bleed is also nasty enough that they can quickly earn themselves a trip to the morgue if things are going even somewhat roughly.

• Options
    BeefjerkyBeefjerky Registered User regular
    PS4 Version runs quite well now. With all the performance fixes I haven't seen any rubberbanding issues that plagued release. The only fps drops I've seen are when you have large structures when they first come into FOV and also some containers when the servers fetch content data to show you whats in it without actually opening the container(which I hate because it's bad for client/server performance)

If people on ps4 are interested There's myself and my brother with 2 others(so 6 open slots) on official pvp #3613. We are basically alpha on the server. There was one of those jerk clans that would harass everyone on the server, then they tried poking us. This led to us sieging their base for 5 hours obliterating one of their t3 structures with 6 trebs then 4 days later dropping 2 set gods on the rest of it. This led to much whineing then not seeing them anymore. We actively punish stronger clans for picking on newer players and with what happened to the last guys none of the larger clans will touch us. There is a large influx of newer people now on our server.

We are currently building a super fortress in a super secret location that is not on the internet and also done legit without any of the bug abuse that has been pretty popular with getting past the terrain mesh and building inside terrain. got 20 improved forges, 10 improved tannerys, 20 improved firebowls, 10 armor benches,10 improved armor benches and 10 improved blacksmith benches. I'm thinking of doubling forges though because 1 of us can bring in 19k iron ore in like 30 mins. The thrall grind will be the most time consuming part, getting another 20-40 smelter3-4 thralls will be a bit.

• Options
    I'm going to need to bring down the server for some maintenance tonight, so if you see it pop offline, that'll be why. Expected downtime is going to be probably 20 minutes, tops.

• Options