As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Path of Exile]Bestiary League begins on March 2nd

• Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »
    A league of running lab has let me know a room's layout after about 5s from entering the door.

Domain Path zones will still fuck with me

The worst layouts, the worst traps. I hate the Domain zones

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    mccartmccart Registered User regular
    I finally gave up trying to get the couple of red maps I needed to kill a red tier elder to drop and just bought them. Was able to kill a t14 guardian and t12 elder with no problem. Elder only got to do 1 ability in the first phase and the portal phase was very easy for the gc mines build. I had tried a yellow tier elder earlier with my reave dude who still only has a scaeva and I did not have the damage to complete the portal phase, though it was close.

I guess now I get to endure the super fun time of trying to get elder to spawn on t15 for the last fragment.

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    I finished my Elder grinds challenge and still haven't got that last frag. It's actually so tilting because I'm pretty sure I can do Uber.

E: They also changed frags so you can't get 11+ from other people's atlases which just seems like a 'fuck you'.

Yilias on
    Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    Yuck that sounds terrible. I am fairly certain I cannot do uber elder on the gc mines character, I saw someone who is a lot better player than I with more HP and more damage fail so I'll have to probably find something else if I want to do it.

• Options
    T14 Elder, Shaper, and Uber Atziri are cake walks at this point between 9k life + mana and 75/68 block. The only question is whether I can keep the Spectres alive through all that aoe. I'll be reliant on a 'fast' kill most likely, getting in 1/3 or so of their life during dps opportunities.

• Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    Think I’m going to drop reave and just go blade flurry swapping out increased aoe and concentrated effect , it’s going well I’m doing maps I have nowhere near the gear for. I’m kinda tempted to make a poison blade flurry assasin . I think the damage would be insane.

• Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    Had two revelations tonight, first that you can can have benefits of all 4 dark shrines active at once,. The second being the stupid Ice lieutenant can give Izaro a thorns aura, which probably explains the infuriating one shots I've experienced on the Merciless third fight.

Made sure to kill the ice guy during the first fight and got my third set of Ascension points easy peasy.

Picked up a Magnate so now I'm just waiting for the Nomad prophecy to either pop or not cost 2 exault so I can get my belt.

• Options
    HAHA FINALLY

T1aZesB.jpg

• Options
    edited March 2018
    I put some ilvl84 bases in tab 6 of the guild bank so folks can use them for beastcrafting or whatever. I figured I'd mention it in case someone was confused by the collection of white/blue/shitty rares in that tab.

If someone is looking for a particular base let me know I'm still trying to get all the shaper guardian maps to drop so I'll be swimming in ilvl84 stuff.

mccart on
  • Options
    Hmm, I'm not sure what to use my Elder Orb on.

I could unshape Burial Chambers and bump it up maybe. There's also Gorge for max clear speed, or Jungle Valley for high speed and also beasts.

• Options
    Alleyways is a fun map as well as dunes and ashen woods but that’s just me . Haunted mansion also is a choice and has a million monsters to boot.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Always Strand, Never Not Strand.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    Googling around it seems the ideal choice is to not use it because it would dilute your pool of Guardian maps, which is disappointing but makes sense.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Aegis wrote: »

mob density on maps like strand got nerfed to shit with war for the atlas

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    I have no real idea of how to price rares. Is poeprices.info considered good?

It's tell me this ring is worth 15c and I have no idea if that's high, low or just right.
    4IEplk3.jpg?1

Peewi on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »

Yes but.

Always Strand.

Characters
  • Options
    I wouldn't pay that much for it personally. Looks like super low life/res and irrelevant mana/eva/regen rolls. The damage is nice but it's no better than an equivalent WED roll.

• Options
    That does not seem like a good ring beyond leveling, and even then it's too high level. It could just be overvaluing that Projectile Attack Damage mod.

Characters
  • Options
    themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    The only thing that ring has that is worth anything is Elder base. Not sure if ilvl 71 can roll the mods a crafter would like. If I found that ring I would definitely throw some alts/regals into it but I have a very SSF ethos when it comes to crafting.

“Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
  • Options
    themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »

Yes but.

Always Strand.

I've developed a certain affection for Mausoleum. But, yes, always Strand. That said, my 4 shape is still unused since I haven't found Gorge yet and want to run a few of those to compare.

“Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
  • Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    I captured Craiceann at level 88, after dying three times or so because my Essence Drain didn't do a good job killing his adds.

How tough is Fenumur? Worse?

• Options
    Fenumal is very hard imo. He does truckloads of chaos damage if anything hits you so the only effective way I've found to do him (without being CI) is to offscreen and dodge everything until he's low enough to net stun and cull.

• Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    I do have a Shavronne's that I am trying to 5L so I don't have to go CI, but I definitely need to get more curses up and get more ES gear before I go for Fenumal.

• Options
    So from here do I need to do another set of T16s or do I just go straight to Shaper's Realm?

qmbSJOu.jpg

• Options
    Tried to just go straight there, didn't work, another round of T16s it is I suppose!

• Options
    Managed to get Shaper down and Elder to 50% before I ran out of portals. Never died myself but I had to manual log when my Spectres were dead. Rejoining the area is suuuuuuuper laggy, it has to load all the shit in the arena and sometimes stuff is already dead by the time I can safely move.

I think it's doable but I'll need several more tries before I can handle minion positioning well enough for them to survive aoe.

• Options
    PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular
    So I got a Shroud of the Lightless, and now I'm trying to figure out what I want to do with it. I want to freeze and Herald of Ice explode things. I guess that means Freezing Pulse of Frost Bolt right?

• Options
    When the NPCs have had enough of your shit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TewRjYlO0zk

I could keep watching this all day.

Characters
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Oh man in HC too. Like I needed more reasons to never HC in this game.

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    It's not hardcore (sadly?), you just can only respawn in town when you die fighting Elder (or his Guardians.)

• Options
    Oh I dunno I just assumed. My internet connection is a rural america one so HC is out by default.

Oh sweet just found this helmet.

dk7cxjt8zzci.jpg

• Options
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    Oh I dunno I just assumed. My internet connection is a rural america one so HC is out by default.

dk7cxjt8zzci.jpg

I will give you one alch orb , you profit 35 C.
    Memes!

• Options

dk7cxjt8zzci.jpg

I will give you one alch orb , you profit 35 C.
    Memes!

This is a buff

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited March 2018
    ok gonna try a cold to fire frostbolt build which soudns boring but im gonna go 8 curse maybe and also use a +3 gem 7l staff with coralitos signature and perfect agony because uhhhh fk it

am strimming it at twitch.tv/tinyangrycrab so drop by if ur bored

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options

dk7cxjt8zzci.jpg

Nice chest!

Characters
  • Options
    edited March 2018

dk7cxjt8zzci.jpg

Nice chest!

Helmet sold for 2ex.

Got my poets dude setup more. Got a perfect form up and able to be equipped. Got merc lab done and now is tearing into yellows pretty good in the low 80s.

Man everyone I see building SST is building it strange. I get not wanting to do bleed explosions pure phys but it works. I destroy maps and single target faster than the sunder builds that people like to run. Mathil built some strange fork poison monstrosity with gloom fang.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    3.2.1b patch notes
    You can now select which beast you want to use a Bestiary Orb on through your Bestiary's Captured Beasts list.

That is a fantastic change! I was trying to use bestiary orbs on some of my more valuable beasts today and it was really frustrating.

• Options
    mccart wrote: »
    and it was really frustrating.
    poe in a nutshell

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    yngqk2v53chx.png

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Man lots of shady people in this game heh.

Lighty posted a video about how to use item levels in gauranteeing ancient orb results. I am betting he had a huge supply of ancient orb to sell since they have tripled, or more, in price now heh.

Jubal77 on