As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Path of Exile]Bestiary League begins on March 2nd

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Ain't nothing wrong with that, honestly. People make profit off of secrecy and sometimes it's better to get that shit out there. Either a bug will be fixed or Lycos will be easier to get in future leagues, and you can bet it'll be the former lol.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    Man lots of shady people in this game heh.

Lighty posted a video about how to use item levels in gauranteeing ancient orb results. I am betting he had a huge supply of ancient orb to sell since they have tripled, or more, in price now heh.

wat a brane geniouse

also lyco being expensive is a great example of why accuracy is a fookin horrible mechanic i love the lengths people will go to escape it

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Accuracy is a love hate relationship yeah. But they handle it better than most in this game.

• Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    SST feels alright with lowish accuracy, particularly in corridors. If my shield misses it's still blowing up on the wall next to them and they're getting hit with the fragments.

Edit: I'm sure it's sub optimal but it doesn't feel as bad as some other skills I've tried.

Carpy on
  • Options
    PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular
    Carpy wrote: »
    SST feels alright with lowish accuracy, particularly in corridors. If my shield misses it's still blowing up on the wall next to them and they're getting hit with the fragments.

Edit: I'm sure it's sub optimal but it doesn't feel as bad as some other skills I've tried.

Just like kinetic blast! Walls are your friend

• Options
    My Xbox never updates PoE automatically, anyone else have this problem? I just double checked and it's set to keep games updated.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    conc effect affects tukohama vanguard totems, right?

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »

shouldnt do, theyre just scorching ray right? unless theres some weird interaction

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options

shouldnt do, theyre just scorching ray right? unless theres some weird interaction

they're scorching ray totems kinda?

I know conc affects solarboys, I just wanted to know if I should go for a spicy pseudo-7link or just get the minion+burning damage on an elder helm

• Options
    nm just bought this for 1ex

Socketed Gems are Supported by Level 16 Burning Damage??
    Socketed Gems are Supported by Level 16 Minion Life??
    Socketed Gems are Supported by Level 18 Minion Damage??
    10.1 Life Regenerated per second??
    Minions have 15% increased maximum Life??
    20% increased Burning Damage??
    Minions deal 20% increased Damage??
    crafted+63 to maximum Life

• Options
    probably really solid for the fat righteous fire kidz too

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    also i think i have brained too hard and too long and the ultimate build has been acquired, it involves every single aura in the game and probably elementalist

i shall report back when i complete the game accidentally

also if you want some shit that looks really cool put volley and projectile speed with summon phantasm on a skill and watch them frag out - they benefit insanely from imp proj

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    mccartmccart Registered User regular
    NSFYilias:
    So I got absurdly lucky and elder spawned on a t15 on my first real try to get the last three memory fragments. For some reason the 13th one dropped in a Sunken City which is the map that I completed to get elder to spawn on Reef. I then opened up a reef with my jugg, then swapped to my saboteur and then killed the elder to get the 14th memory fragment and no loot. Then I fought him again by just normally opening the map on my saboteur to get the 15th fragment.

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Conc does not affect TV spectres. That helmet is fantastic though, you can put your Spectres there and then run a 6L Flame Golem in your chest. Ideal links for TV are Minion Damage, Burning Damage, Swift Affliction, Elemental Focus, and Minion Res/Chance to Ignite. Res is a slightly lower multiplier but 50 all res means you can skip minion res on tree/jewels and get more minion life. That said minions are functionally immortal against everything but Uber Atziri/Elder anyway.

I'm going for Uber try number 2 tonight/tomorrow. I cut Zombies to give my AG Fortify and I'm debating cutting Flesh and CWDT links for Golem space. The Zombies don't live nearly long enough to matter and their taunt/blind on hit is dubious.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    People are figuring that the mod "No Physical Damage" on some weapons is actually implemented as "120% Reduced Physical Damage" because the 30% Quality Beastcraft is causing those weapons to have physical damage again :rotate:

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    Aegis wrote: »
    People are figuring that the mod "No Physical Damage" on some weapons is actually implemented as "120% Reduced Physical Damage" because the 30% Quality Beastcraft is causing those weapons to have physical damage again :rotate:

n4klcfb4cq8g.png

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Aegis wrote: »

Grinding gear games.joeg

• Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    I’m in tier 9maps early 80’s and I still haven’t gotten shaper to spawn to start shaping maps. Not sure if unlucky or doing something wrong.

• Options
    Last league mine was messed up because I jumped straight into red maps with my friend. It eventually fixed itself when we did a bunch of yellows for Elder.

• Options
    I didn’t want to run shaped channels anyway lol . Thanks for the answer dude.

• Options
    edited March 2018
    ok the ultimate build was not ultimate i just have lots of auras

reserving 3 heralds costs me 3% of my hp

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    HAHA Duo'd it with my Jugg friend. Took 3 sets but the multiverse is safe. We got the Shaper ring and 3 shaped items.

Vjw62rs.jpg

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Oh sweet Mathil did an explosion/aoe based build on SST and low and behold it worked.

Now to go sell my extra shields.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    I want to make a speed mapper for the augmented maps challenge. What's the zoomiest build atm? Deadeye bow build? Poet's Pen? Cospri's Assassin/Trickster?

• Options
    autobomber probably?

or a lightbringer/EKnova

• Options
    Dronus86Dronus86 Now with cheese!Registered User regular
    Whats up friends.

I play this very casually. Beast, softcore. Last night I got a ballin ring and I have nfi what to sell it for, but I'm pretty sure its $$$.

It's an amethyst rare with +9 chaos resist implicit, +40 all res (basically on the nose), and +72 life with 2 prefixes still open.

Any ideas? Is this the Ring of Infinite Currency that it looks like?

Also I miss breaches.

Look at me. Look at me. Look at how large the monster inside me has become.
    Crunch Crunch! Munch Munch! Chomp Chomp! Gulp!
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2018
    +40 all res is impossible on a rare, you sure that's what it has? It's bugged, if it does. About one in every billion items generated is bugged and has regular affixes with absurdly high values; they've been trying to run that down for a while.

Or did you mean triple res, values around 40? Yeah that's pretty alright. Amythest base is pretty low on demand so it's not ultrabucks.

Rius on
  • Options
    Dronus86Dronus86 Now with cheese!Registered User regular
    Right, I meant each one is +40. Well, 39/40/41 but yeah.

Look at me. Look at me. Look at how large the monster inside me has become.
    Crunch Crunch! Munch Munch! Chomp Chomp! Gulp!
  • Options
    Dronus86 wrote: »
    Whats up friends.

I play this very casually. Beast, softcore. Last night I got a ballin ring and I have nfi what to sell it for, but I'm pretty sure its $$$.

It's an amethyst rare with +9 chaos resist implicit, +40 all res (basically on the nose), and +72 life with 2 prefixes still open.

Any ideas? Is this the Ring of Infinite Currency that it looks like?

Also I miss breaches.

that is an extremely good base for meta-crafting

• Options
    It sounds to me like he has three suffixes, each of which are a 40ish elemental res. If so then that's like 5ex+, a lot of unique heavy builds would love a ring that solves resistance issues.

• Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    I’m in tier 9maps early 80’s and I still haven’t gotten shaper to spawn to start shaping maps. Not sure if unlucky or doing something wrong.

Shaper should be showing up already. To get elder to spawn, you have to run a shaper influenced T6.

• Options
    gonna stream my 100% crit rate abyssus animate guardian + phantasm build today i thonk

i call it the a team build although i dont have my GRAUNIAD yet

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Heffling wrote: »

Shaper should be showing up already. To get elder to spawn, you have to run a shaper influenced T6.

He is spawning he just isnt spawning the maps you need to run to get a shaped map , so I dont get access to elder yet.

• Options
    autobomber probably?

or a lightbringer/EKnova

I went with EK Nova, copying this guy https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2069191.

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    I bought a 6 link armor and the difference it makes in killing ability is quite significant. Not enough to stop me from dying, though.

The labyrinth trials in maps are kind of annoying. I think I've found 10, but only 3 different ones.

• Options
    Is there any reason to run the map trials a second time?

• Options

free offering when you complete them

• Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Peewi wrote: »
    I bought a 6 link armor and the difference it makes in killing ability is quite significant. Not enough to stop me from dying, though.

The labyrinth trials in maps are kind of annoying. I think I've found 10, but only 3 different ones.

Join global 820. It's the channel for sharing trials and masters.

• Options
    just hit 72, so now I can switch to my corrupted summon zamboni and flame golem gems

summoners are just stupid, although to be fair, I have like 4ish ex worth of gear at this point

• Options

free offering when you complete them

After I skipped the repeat I found I was wondering if I could have gotten another offer if I ran it. Next time I guess. Thanks.

Powered through a Laboratory last night that given the affixes I probably should have skipped for a while. I think it was:
    -10% player resist
    290% increased monster critical chance
    93% extra monster damage as cold
    20% increased boss AS
    25% increased boss damage

And maybe one more that I'm forgetting. It was right on the edge of too difficult and took me all of my portals to down the boss but the rush I got when I finished was superb. One of those tense, exciting moments you don't expect from a mid level ARPG encounter.