As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[chat] CIVIL WAR!!!!

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Bernie Sanders
    A lady just came down to settle up her bill and get breakfast wearing her pajamas and had what I can only describe as a monocle popping amount of cleavage
    pm

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Team Doge

NathanFillon.gif

• Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    Team Doge
    Elldren wrote: »
    Aisling Bea is also lovely yes

I noticed her when I fell down a british panel show youtube hole

yes strong agree

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    Team Doge
    re: white hate bday

I always hated bday parties serving soda with cake

those two things just ugh no not together pls

I'll have water thx

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Team Doge
    Oh dear
    My grandfathers mental health is deteriorating fast
    He is in a protective home with my grandmother, who has advanced alzheimers fairly benign.
    My grandfather is going down the aggressive path.
    He threatened the nursing staff with a peeling knife yesterday because he thought they stole from him. (In reality he is losing everything all the time)

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    It's good to learn that Dacia was the ancient Roman name for what is now Romania.

In HBO's Rome, Caesar describes someone as being "broken like a Dacian catamite" and I always wondered if that was like, Dacia's thing.. It's a heck of a thing to be famous for, catamites.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Team Doge
    knitdan wrote: »
    It's good to learn that Dacia was the ancient Roman name for what is now Romania.

In HBO's Rome, Caesar describes someone as being "broken like a Dacian catamite" and I always wondered if that was like, Dacia's thing.. It's a heck of a thing to be famous for, catamites.

Dacia was an independent kingdom until the conquests of Trajan, roughly 150 years after Caesar's death. They wouldn't have a chance to really butt heads until Augustus moved the frontiers to the Danube and the chaos of the Year of the Four Emperors. It was during the reign of Domitian that words were first really had.

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular

That encapsulates our time.

This is why I hate shit like programming interviews.

People too fixated on finding what is wrong with you.

• Options
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Bernie Sanders
    It's so annoying how Anglo-Canadians are calling it an assault on free speech that Andrew Potter stepped down from his position as Director of the McGill Institute for the Study of Canada after he got backlash for writing an article.

The article in question was basically going "Quebec is a deeply diseased society and here are some examples: [shitthatdidn'thappen.txt]"

So, apparently, it seems like a lot of people in Canada still think that Freedom of Speech = Freedom from Consequences.

The guy didn't get forced to resign, he realized that the backlash was gonna put the institute in a bad light and he stepped down.

But, like, even if he had been fired, it still wouldn't have been an assault on free speech.

---

There's some Anglo-Canadians here, what do y'all think about the MacLean's Quebec Article situation?

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Bernie Sanders
    But is he wrong tho

• Options
    Team Doge
    It's so annoying how Anglo-Canadians are calling it an assault on free speech that Andrew Potter stepped down from his position as Director of the McGill Institute for the Study of Canada after he got backlash for writing an article.

The article in question was basically going "Quebec is a deeply diseased society and here are some examples: [shitthatdidn'thappen.txt]"

So, apparently, it seems like a lot of people in Canada still think that Freedom of Speech = Freedom from Consequences.

The guy didn't get forced to resign, he realized that the backlash was gonna put the institute in a bad light and he stepped down.

But, like, even if he had been fired, it still wouldn't have been an assault on free speech.

---

There's some Anglo-Canadians here, what do y'all think about the MacLean's Quebec Article situation?

As a Hiberno-Nonadian, we need more education about freedom from consequence and how it isn't (or shouldn't) be a thing

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Bernie Sanders
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    But is he wrong tho

About Quebec being a pathologically alienated society where everyone is a tax fraud who'd rather let people die of cold in a snwostorm than work?

I can't answer that because if i did, you'd say i'm biased.

• Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    Early morning gym for the first time in a few weeks. Feels good.

Good morning!

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Team Chanus
    Travel Man is a brilliant show. Having Richard Ayoade be uncomfortable in foreign cities is always entertaining, and you get to see him share a sauna in a Burger King with Paul Rudd and the like.

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Krathoon on
  • Options
    Team Doge
    Krathoon wrote: »

BUYYYYY OUUUT FOOOR THEEEE
    DANGA ZONE

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Zampanov wrote: »
    re: white hate bday

I always hated bday parties serving soda with cake

those two things just ugh no not together pls

I'll have water thx

coffee and cake mix well

it is why cakes are served on coffee visits

soda is for pizza etc

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    mysticjuicermysticjuicer [he/him] I'm a muscle wizard and I cast P U N C HRegistered User regular
    Team Chanus
    Android: Netrunner is good

narwhal wrote:
    Why am I Terran?
    My YouTube Channel! Featuring silly little Guilty Gear Strive videos and other stuff!
  • Options
    mysticjuicermysticjuicer [he/him] I'm a muscle wizard and I cast P U N C HRegistered User regular
    Team Chanus
    Also 'Hey Kids (Bumaye)' is fucking amazing jesus christ.

narwhal wrote:
    Why am I Terran?
    My YouTube Channel! Featuring silly little Guilty Gear Strive videos and other stuff!
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    there should be a high bar for being fired for something you said, of course.

Protections and lack thereof goes both ways. Every way.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Team spool32
    From the patch notes of World Of Final Fantasy;
    If you want we've given you the power to skip Champion and Mega Mirage animations with the Circle button, completely invalidating the work of dozens of artists with a single squeeze of your almighty, indifferent thumb

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Team Doge
    For years, people have been sending copies of Mass Effect 2 to Alex Navarro. This could be a similar situation.

• Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    Team Doge
    If you want we've given you the power to skip Champion and Mega Mirage animations with the Circle button, completely invalidating the work of dozens of artists with a single squeeze of your almighty, indifferent thumb

Holy crap, that's not an editorial. That's direct from the on-screen patch notes when you update.

• Options
    Team Doge

Holy crap, that's not an editorial. That's direct from the on-screen patch notes when you update.

dem patch notes is lightly salted

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Options
    Team Chanus
    to be fair, if you could skip summon animations after the first time, I would skip that shit e v e r y time

*indifferently thumbs*

narwhal wrote:
    Why am I Terran?
  • Options
    Team Doge
    not bahamut tho

watch that errtime

YES DRAGON BURN MY ENEMIES TO MAGICAL ASHES

HUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular

Hmm....how long would it take to get those abilities? These patch notes really make me want to use my almighty but indifferent thumb but I don't want to waste a bunch of time getting to that point.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Team Chanus
    butt you repeat yourself

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I'm kind of feeling like starting a CK2 game again.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    Bernie Sanders
    today i'm going to call a therapist.

i'll call in 38 minutes, at 9AM.

• Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    Team Doge
    today i'm going to call a therapist.

i'll call in 38 minutes, at 9AM.

ZJndiQm.jpg

• Options
    Bernie Sanders
    I have to do the thing.

I HAVE TO.

• Options
    Team Doge
    I have to do the thing.

I HAVE TO.

You don't want to disappoint tiny potato.

Trust me.

• Options
    Team Doge
    Honk wrote: »
    I'm kind of feeling like starting a CK2 game again.

All the new DLC has me doubting, it actively makes the game harder, and is significantly priced.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Team spool32
    good morning deamon dogs

Allegedly a voice of reason.
This discussion has been closed.