As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Rocksmith] Rocksmith Plus more money

• Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    an_alt wrote: »
    I guess OP isn't a Paramore fan.

Those songs are catchy enough. I don't really think of them as like, GUITAR songs, though.

I don't hate on them or anything, rather I just don't know much about them. The bass comment had to do with the tunings more than anything.

As a bass player, if Black Sabbath isn't usually enough to get me to tune down to C# Standard, Paramore sure as heck won't be.

• Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    I like crushcrushcrush and might pick that one up. I'll have to see the others before I decide.

Huh I never knew they sung these songs
    Shows what happens when you avoid the radio

I only know crushcrushcrush from Rock Band, where it was pretty fun to play on drums.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Didn't Paramore go full synthpop on their latest album? I remember hearing it was pretty decent, but maybe not what you come to Paramore for.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    an_altan_alt Registered User regular
    The DLC for January 6th, 2018 is Green Day III.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdN-cWbjAn8

“Welcome To Paradise” – Eb Standard – Lead/Rhythm/Bass
    “Know Your Enemy” – E Standard – Lead/Rhythm/Bass
    "Jesus Of Suburbia” – E Standard – Lead/Rhythm/Bass
    "Holiday" – E Standard – Lead/Rhythm/Bass
    “Boulevard Of Broken Dreams" – E Standard – Lead/Rhythm/Bass; Capo Required – Alt Rhythm
    Green Day is an American punk rock band formed in 1986 by lead vocalist and guitarist Billie Joe Armstrong and bassist Mike Dirnt. For much of the band's career, they have been a trio with drummer Tré Cool, who replaced John Kiffmeyer in 1990 prior to the recording of the band's second studio album, Kerplunk (1991). Guitarist Jason White, who has been a touring member since 1999, was a member from 2012 to 2016.

It's nice that Rocksmith put out a pack to make home guitarists feel better about themselves...

Pony wrote:
    I think that the internet has been for years on the path to creating what is essentially an electronic Necronomicon: A collection of blasphemous unrealities so perverse that to even glimpse at its contents, if but for a moment, is to irrevocably forfeit a portion of your sanity.
    Xbox - PearlBlueS0ul, Steam
    If you ever need to talk to someone, feel free to message me. Yes, that includes you.
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    Hmm, Mumford & Sons is the pack for next week. "The Cave" is confirmed as one of the songs. I like them, but am curious how fun it'll be to play.

• Options
    I'm wondering what the tunings for banjo will be.

Pony wrote:
    I think that the internet has been for years on the path to creating what is essentially an electronic Necronomicon: A collection of blasphemous unrealities so perverse that to even glimpse at its contents, if but for a moment, is to irrevocably forfeit a portion of your sanity.
    If you ever need to talk to someone, feel free to message me. Yes, that includes you.
  • Options
    JOE_1967JOE_1967 Registered User regular
    It won't be included, but I'd pay good cash money for:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gU3sXJcx_vI

• Options
    The DLC for January 23rd, 2018 is Mumford & Sons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUJD9q9rdyw

“The Cave” – E Standard – Lead/Bass; Capo Required: Open D – Rhythm; Open E – Alt Rhythm
    “I Will Wait” – E Standard – Bass; Capo Required – Lead; Custom Tuning: Open Db/C# - Rhythm
    “Little Lion Man” – E Standard – Bass; Capo Required: EADGBD – Lead; Capo Required: CACGCE - Rhythm

Mumford & Sons are a British band formed in 2007. The band consists of Marcus Mumford (lead vocals, electric guitar, acoustic guitar, drums), Ben Lovett (vocals, keyboard, piano, synthesizer), Winston Marshall (vocals, electric guitar, banjo) and Ted Dwane (vocals, bass guitar, double bass).

Mumford & Sons have released three studio albums: Sigh No More (2009), Babel (2012) and Wilder Mind (2015). Sigh No More peaked at number two on the UK Albums Chart and the Billboard 200 in the US, with Babel and Wilder Mind both debuting at number one in the UK and US, the former becoming the fastest-selling rock album of the decade and leading to a headline performance at Glastonbury Festival in 2013. The band has also issued two live albums: Live at Shepherd's Bush Empire (2011) and The Road to Red Rocks (2012).

If you wanted a pack to practice your strumming this seems to be the one.

Pony wrote:
  • Options
    It [the Mumford pack] also has some stuff with really fast picking -- I think it's where they've transcribed the banjo parts to guitar.

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Rocksmith has a hell of a time detecting my low E string inputs. Not sure what is going on. Either my form is just super awful and i can't tell with my own hearing, the tuner is off or something else. It's the worst in Guitarcade.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    Rocksmith has a hell of a time detecting my low E string inputs. Not sure what is going on. Either my form is just super awful and i can't tell with my own hearing, the tuner is off or something else. It's the worst in Guitarcade.

Is it bad on the open string, or just when you're fretting?

• Options
    Better on open string, but still only like a 75% success rate.

Steam
  • Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    Check your intonation.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    Or possibly string gauge? I know that my note registration starts to get worse when I drop my low E to D or C and the string starts to get really floppy ...

If you go into the pause menu (ESC on PC), there'll be a little tuner down in the lower left-hand corner -- maybe go there and kind of start making your way up the fretboard and see if the higher notes are getting further off of true?

• Options
    SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    You can also play a string fretted at the 12th fret, and then play the harmonic at the 12th fret. The notes should be the same.

5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    The DLC for January 30th, 2018 is 70s Mix III.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAokldGgy_4

"Radar Love” by Golden Earring – E Standard – Lead/Rhythm/Bass/Alternate Lead
    “We’re An American Band” by Grand Funk Railroad – E Standard – Lead/Rhythm/Bass/Alternate Lead
    “Aqualung” by Jethro Tull – E Standard – Lead/Bass/Alternate Lead/Alternate Rhythm; Capo Required - Rhythm

Not that you haven't heard all these songs hundreds of times, but this does look like a fun pack.

Pony wrote:
  • Options
    That's an awesome pack. Once i get my rocksmith working again i will deffo pick up Radar Love.

Steam
  • Options
    The DLC for January 30th, 2018 is 70s Mix III.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAokldGgy_4

"Radar Love” by Golden Earring – E Standard – Lead/Rhythm/Bass/Alternate Lead
    “We’re An American Band” by Grand Funk Railroad – E Standard – Lead/Rhythm/Bass/Alternate Lead
    “Aqualung” by Jethro Tull – E Standard – Lead/Bass/Alternate Lead/Alternate Rhythm; Capo Required - Rhythm

Not that you haven't heard all these songs hundreds of times, but this does look like a fun pack.

Gotted!

And played all three songs, although when I finished Radar Love I got, "Adequate performance," which caused me to respond with bad words.

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Were the bad words "Your mom is adequate"

• Options
    Were the bad words "Your mom is adequate"

That would've been better than my standard, "Oh, #%#$% you."

• Options
    The DLC for February 6th, 2018 is Lady Gaga.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZmhcRvGPSM

“Poker Face” – E Standard – Lead/Rhythm/Bass
    “Bad Romance” – E Standard – Lead/Rhythm/Bass
    “Yoü And I” – E Standard – Lead/Rhythm/Alternate Lead; Drop D - Bass
    “Paparazzi” – E Standard – Lead/Rhythm/Bass
    Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta (born March 28, 1986), known professionally as Lady Gaga, is an American singer, songwriter, and actress. She is known for her unconventionality and provocative work as well as experimenting with new images.

Hopefully some of you find it more appealing than I do. To each their own.

Pony wrote:
  • Options
    Eh, not my bag, but that's fine -- I'm just as happy not spending $10 on Rocksmith this week ...

My biggest problem from watching the preview is that there doesn't seem to be much actual guitar in most of the songs -- the tracks looked like they were either doubling the vocals or doubling synths or something like that.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Yeah, I watched the preview video and while I enjoy 3 of those Lady Gaga songs (The Fame/Monster is her best album) I was having issues figuring out what exactly the notechart was tracking. Sure didn't feel like guitar.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    The DLC for February 13th, 2017 is Trivium.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWjAI3SzjF8

“In Waves” – Eb Drop Db – Lead/Rhythm/Bass
    “Built To Fall” – Eb Drop Db – Lead/Alt Lead/Rhythm/Bass
    “Strife” – Eb Drop Db – Lead/Alt Lead/Rhythm/Bass
    Trivium is an American heavy metal band from Orlando, Florida, formed in 1999. After getting signed to Roadrunner Records in 2004, the band has released eight studio albums and over twenty singles. Their latest album, The Sin and the Sentence, was released on October 20, 2017. The band has sold over one million albums worldwide

They kinda remind me of late 90s hard rock/metal. Not terrible, but not enough for tuning to Eb Drop Db.

Pony wrote:
  • Options
    The DLC for February 13th, 2017 is Trivium.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWjAI3SzjF8

“In Waves” – Eb Drop Db – Lead/Rhythm/Bass
    “Built To Fall” – Eb Drop Db – Lead/Alt Lead/Rhythm/Bass
    “Strife” – Eb Drop Db – Lead/Alt Lead/Rhythm/Bass
    Trivium is an American heavy metal band from Orlando, Florida, formed in 1999. After getting signed to Roadrunner Records in 2004, the band has released eight studio albums and over twenty singles. Their latest album, The Sin and the Sentence, was released on October 20, 2017. The band has sold over one million albums worldwide

They kinda remind me of late 90s hard rock/metal. Not terrible, but not enough for tuning to Eb Drop Db.

Is it just me or did all of the songs have exactly the same tempo and were in exactly the same key? If it wasn't for the names popping up on the screen I don't know if I would've been able to catch the switch from song to song.

• Options
    Heh, I was ready to give you a big ol :? but after listening to it, no you're right, they do sound the same. They could definitely at least be from the same song. I guess that's why Trivium has never really been my thing.

• Options
    So one of the confirmed songs for next week is "Bad to the Bone" by George Thorogood. I reeeeeally hope "One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer" is one of the songs.

• Options
    So one of the confirmed songs for next week is "Bad to the Bone" by George Thorogood. I reeeeeally hope "One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer" is one of the songs.

Time to cut the neck off this bottle of beer to get ready for some slide guitar!

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    Looks like we'll also be getting Billy Joel's "Only the Good Die Young".

• Options
    The DLC for February 20th, 2018 is Variety Pack XIII.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmd_XxrC29A

“Bad To The Bone” by George Thorogood & The Destroyers – E Standard – Rhythm/Bass; Open G - Lead
    “Face Down” by The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus – D Drop C – Lead/ Rhythm/Bass
    “Only The Good Die Young” by Billy Joel – E Standard – Lead/Alt Lead/Rhythm/Bass
    “Runaway Train” by Soul Asylum – E Standard – Lead/Rhythm/Alt Rhythm/Bass

Can't say I ever expected to see Soul Asylum on Rocksmith. Going to have to Google to see if they had a second hit...

Pony wrote:
  • Options
    Can't say I ever expected to see Soul Asylum on Rocksmith. Going to have to Google to see if they had a second hit...

I would have much preferred "Somebody to Shove". This version of "Runaway Train" is a re-record from 2016, I believe, if that matters to anyone. It sounds a little weird to me since I was like 13 when it first came out and heard it many, many times.

It looks to me like "Only The Good Die Young" is another example of a song I like but that doesn't look too fun to play. Bass looks like a treat, though. I'd have preferred the Me First and the Gimme Gimmes version, personally.

• Options
    edited February 2018
    I bought the whole pack, although "Face Down" is one of those songs that I'll probably only play a couple of times, just because I can't stand to have things listed at 0%. "Only the Good Die Young" was actually pretty fun although it's mostly chording.

Now they just have to do a Replacements pack.

JOE_1967 on
  • Options
    The DLC for February 27th, 2018 is 60s Mix III.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wT-PccTtC-g

“Hush” by Deep Purple – E Standard – Lead/Rhythm/Bass
    “Games People Play” by Joe South – E Standard – Rhythm/Bass; Capo Required: Open G - Lead
    “Get Together” by The Youngbloods – E Standard – Lead/Bass; Capo Required - Rhythm

This one is more on the folky side of the 60s, but it's a decent enough pack. The capo and open G lead is a little less inviting.

Pony wrote:
  • Options
    Picked it up & downloaded it. Well, downloaded 2/3 of it; I need to wait for Hush to actually show up in the feed. So I consoled myself by playing Highway Star instead.

• Options
    SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular

“Games People Play” by Joe South – E Standard – Rhythm/Bass; Capo Required: Open G - Lead
    “Get Together” by The Youngbloods – E Standard – Lead/Bass; Capo Required - Rhythm

This one is more on the folky side of the 60s, but it's a decent enough pack. The capo and open G lead is a little less inviting.

Isn’t Hush mainly organ?

5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    Syngyne wrote: »

Isn’t Hush mainly organ?

No big guitar solos, at least.

• Options
    Shania Twain

“Man! I Feel Like A Woman!” – Capo Required: E Standard – Lead/Rhythm; Eb Standard - Bass
    “That Don’t Impress Me Much” – Capo Required: E Standard – Lead/Rhythm; E Standard - Bass
    “You’re Still The One” – Eb Standard – Lead; E Standard - Bass; Capo Required: E Standard - Rhythm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUf_C5y8L2I

Eh, this one I think I'll pass -- no strong feelings regarding the artist, and they're all alternate tunings/capoed. Might've picked up a song if it was part of a variety pack, but ...

• Options
    Asleep at the switch today. Thanks Joe!

Pony wrote:
  • Options
    So... I want to get back into playing so I ordered some strings off Amazon as a guitar store that sells strings isn't to close to the house. I wanted Super Slinky Cobalt strings. Nice and light and coated so it will be easy on my soft fingers. I order a 3 pack and am set. Get a notification that they shipped and notice I'm actually getting TENS! My poor weak fingers. Though I normally run tens anyway but the point was to be Slinky!

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    Banzai5150 wrote: »
    So... I want to get back into playing so I ordered some strings off Amazon as a guitar store that sells strings isn't to close to the house. I wanted Super Slinky Cobalt strings. Nice and light and coated so it will be easy on my soft fingers. I order a 3 pack and am set. Get a notification that they shipped and notice I'm actually getting TENS! My poor weak fingers. Though I normally run tens anyway but the point was to be Slinky!

10s build character. Or you could go full SRV and get 13s.

Or if you don't want to look yourself in the mirror again, get some Billy Gibbons 07s.

Still, I'd recommend just going with the 10s. It didn't take me more than a few days to get over the intense pain again.