As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Playerunknown's Battlegrounds] Only You Can Prevent Blue Circle Deaths!

• Options
    Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    Yea, I'm surprised that wasn't fixed in the last patch

• Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    Saving settings across computers is impossible, we don't have the technology.

• Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    Just as I start thinking "Eh, I can't play enough of this game to be as good as I want, seems like every game I spawn, kill 1-2 people, then die from someone I never saw", I get a 4-kill game and chicken dinner was cruelly taken from me in a fit of my stupid need to reload.

Like I'm shooting #2 guy, almost kill him(Like I got 4 shots in with an m16), and then the eventual winner is right next to me, and didn't see me. If I hadn't reloaded(I had like 35 shots left), I could've easily taken them out before they got me.

But alas...

• Options
    Ash of YewAsh of Yew Registered User regular
    I snuck up and punched an unarmed guy to death right behind his armed team mate in a game today. Then I quickly ran off before his buddy realized. I imagine he was not very happy at all with his friend.

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Khavall wrote: »
    Just as I start thinking "Eh, I can't play enough of this game to be as good as I want, seems like every game I spawn, kill 1-2 people, then die from someone I never saw", I get a 4-kill game and chicken dinner was cruelly taken from me in a fit of my stupid need to reload.

Like I'm shooting #2 guy, almost kill him(Like I got 4 shots in with an m16), and then the eventual winner is right next to me, and didn't see me. If I hadn't reloaded(I had like 35 shots left), I could've easily taken them out before they got me.

But alas...

This game has definitely forced me to learn to use my whole magazine. I think the habit of reloading when you only shot twice comes from single player games where it's mostly safe.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    I reload a lot. Quickdraw mags (extended) basically make reloads inconsequential. If I'm using something like the pump shotgun or revolver, the distance I keep between me and the enemy is generally dictated by the reload speed though.

• Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    Ratsult2 wrote: »

I can list dozens of things I'm shocked are still in the game. But then that shock subsides because early access. And "cut and run" is so often what happens. Didn't seem that way at first, but then we saw paid crates before glaring bugs fixed. Optimism diminished.

What I find hilarious about the PUBG/Fortnite thing is that if they didn't put out a press release whining about Fortnite's Battle Royale, noone would have known about Fortnite's Battle Royale. Now? Haha.

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    Figgy wrote: »

I can list dozens of things I'm shocked are still in the game. But then that shock subsides because early access. And "cut and run" is so often what happens. Didn't seem that way at first, but then we saw paid crates before glaring bugs fixed. Optimism diminished.

What I find hilarious about the PUBG/Fortnite thing is that if they didn't put out a press release whining about Fortnite's Battle Royale, noone would have known about Fortnite's Battle Royale. Now? Haha.

Really? The only one I can think of is invisible/playdough buildings, which is an optimization issue.

... and I'm pretty sure being the first Battle Royale on console, and the only free Battle Royale game has a little more to do with Fortnite's success than some comments from the PUBG devs.

• Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    Figgy wrote: »

Really? The only one I can think of is invisible/playdough buildings, which is an optimization issue.

... and I'm pretty sure being the first Battle Royale on console, and the only free Battle Royale game has a little more to do with Fortnite's success than some comments from the PUBG devs.

If that's the only bug you can think of, share your secrets.

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    What are the bugs you keep running into, Figgy?

• Options
    SamuraiGattsSamuraiGatts Bearded Bully Registered User regular
  • Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    I literally can't start a solo game without having to deselect AS as my server and select NA. Every time.

If that's not a glaring, easily fixable bug, then I don't know what is.

• Options
    Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    Well, yeah, but that doesn't really even register as a nuisance to me. I take half a second to pick NA servers and FPP then queue. If that's the major bug everyone is pulling their hair out over, I think you really need to chill out.

• Options
    doomybeardoomybear Hi People Registered User regular
    Well, yeah, but that doesn't really even register as a nuisance to me. I take half a second to pick NA servers and FPP then queue. If that's the major bug everyone is pulling their hair out over, I think you really need to chill out.

I think that it's because it seems like such a minor bug that it annoys people so much.

what a happy day it is
  • Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    I crashed twice this weekend.

The first time, it was on game load, and I was able to load back into the plane.

We dropped at Georgopol crates, and start looting. I move toward him to group up since we dropped in a hot area. Soon after my partner yells "Contact!" and I ask where and duck for cover. He says he's not sure exactly, they moved.

I pause a second, and start moving to get a better eye on the situation.

He spots him and all of a sudden I'm taking fire...

I get knocked...
    Friendly Fire.

"@Rend, that's ME!"
    "...huh..? OHHHHH. Yeah your nameplate is still on starter island."

Apparently on crash, he could no longer see where I was, or that I was on his team. Which is kind of hilarious, but also game-breaking.

• Options

The first time, it was on game load, and I was able to load back into the plane.

We dropped at Georgopol crates, and start looting. I move toward him to group up since we dropped in a hot area. Soon after my partner yells "Contact!" and I ask where and duck for cover. He says he's not sure exactly, they moved.

I get knocked...
    Friendly Fire.

"Rend, that's ME!"

Apparently on crash, he could no longer see where I was, or that I was on his team. Which is kind of hilarious, but also game-breaking.

In reality there was a significant amount of confused looking around and muttering between the first line of dialogue and the second.

It was definitely not my fault, considering even staring straight at him I couldn't tell who he was, but I still felt TERRIBLE.

• Options
    evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    Rend wrote: »

I get knocked...
    Friendly Fire.

"Rend, that's ME!"

In reality there was a significant amount of confused looking around and muttering between the first line of dialogue and the second.

It was definitely not my fault, considering even staring straight at him I couldn't tell who he was, but I still felt TERRIBLE.

hey we've all been there.
    Sometimes you really *do* deserve that AR suppressor, even if you have to pry it out of the cold dead hands of a recently fallen "comrade".

tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • Options
    evilthecat wrote: »
    Rend wrote: »

I get knocked...
    Friendly Fire.

"Rend, that's ME!"

hey we've all been there.
    Sometimes you really *do* deserve that AR suppressor, even if you have to pry it out of the cold dead hands of a recently fallen "comrade".

Finally someone gets it.

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    For me, the thing that needs fixing asap is the menu. Connectivity issues, lag/delays when clicking buttons, constantly needing to refresh, friends that are in game but not in lobby are "offline" (how hard would it be to add a "in match" status?), oh and once everyone is ready and the game is matching it shows that no one is ready (again, how hard would it be to fix that?).

The actual gameplay is reliable in comparison to the menu.

• Options
    doomybeardoomybear Hi People Registered User regular
    Finally got a squad win this season! It's a good cap to a night of getting surprised by lots of shotguns.

what a happy day it is
  • Options
    Whereas I'm constantly disappointed by shotguns. Some days, after finding my 7th or 8th shotgun in row I just give up and embrace it.

• Options
    edited October 2017
    I think I've gotten more kills with the pump shotgun than any other gun.

And I don't even like cqc stuff, but it's just so reliable.

Ash of Yew on
  • Options
    Shotguns are a++ in the early stage.

• Options
    I'll take a shotgun over pistols (and a Tommy Gun), but anything else over a shotgun. I'm just not a fan of having to kill enemies in one shot or you are absolutely dead.

• Options
    the double barrelled shotgun with a choke is pretty hot.

But yeah, you need full auto weapons to overcome the crappy netcoding. UMP or scar are generally my mvps!

• Options
    The irony is that the better the shotgun, the worse I do. A simple double barrel fires the fastest, has the least recoil and reloads quick (and apparently has the longest range, but if you're firing a shotgun at long range you've messed up). Whereas I can have a fully kitted out Saiga and miss every shot because while the semi auto is great in theory, it enables me to fire much faster than I ought to and I can't handle the recoil. Pump's ok, but the reload time is a bit rough.

• Options
    BladeOfSanjuroBladeOfSanjuro Registered User regular
    most clutchest ever https://streamable.com/hdfhj

I rarely am shaking after squad game wins.... this was one of them where I definitely was.

Fog is scary stuff.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    My only solo win is sneaking up on someone with a shotgun for my only kill. S686 is great

• Options

For others it's quite infuriating.

And it's not the only bug in this game. There are many, many more.

Ever had your parachute get stuck and you had to cut it away? or even cutting it wouldn't let you drop?

Ever had your vehicle get stuck on the geometry or have your character get boxed into the geometry to where you can't move?

Liking the game doesn't mean I can't be critical of it's flaws.

• Options
    I got stuck in a toilet, but it was hilarious.

• Options
    I've reached a point where the bugs, lag and just all round shoddy edges are killing my enjoyment of the game.
    Checking back in in 2 major patches ..
    o7

• Options
    The more you play the more the little things begin with wear on you imo.

• Options
    Ash of Yew wrote: »
    The more you play the more the little things begin with wear on you imo.

I'm the opposite. I've played around these bugs for so long, I sort of forget they exist.

If you have to cut your parachute, it means you messed up your drop. Even if you weren't paying attention and have to adjust, if you make the adjustments early you will be fine. I totally understand why someone would be frustrated by this. Yes, I do think they should have an animation where your parachute gets caught on something, or fix the early game lag... but for me, because it is something you can avoid with practice/skill, it just isn't a big deal.

Same thing with driving. Those 45* 3ft tall embankments? You have time to brake and go over them safely, if you know what to look for. With enough time, you will know the map well enough, that you know when going from X to Y, you take slightly longer turning off the road to avoid "that" bump that you normally have to slow down for. When you catch air on a motorcycle, you want to tap ctrl and land on the front wheel slightly before the back wheel touches (opposite of real life), so you don't lose control. Even the shitty trike has physics that you can learn, so you know when to slow down. That said, I would totally love a different texture or something to make it easier to see dirt/rock embankments, or even a realistic looking collision system with terrain.

• Options
    Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    Roz wrote: »

Ever had your parachute get stuck and you had to cut it away? or even cutting it wouldn't let you drop?

Ever had your vehicle get stuck on the geometry or have your character get boxed into the geometry to where you can't move?

I've gotten stuck in geometry, but not the other ones. I lag pretty badly because of my internet, but it doesn't particularly distress me. It's a game. It's in development. If you're not having fun, you can stop whenever you want.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Options
    Roz wrote: »

I've gotten stuck in geometry, but not the other ones. I lag pretty badly because of my internet, but it doesn't particularly distress me. It's a game. It's in development. If you're not having fun, you can stop whenever you want.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This sentiment makes no sense in the context of the argument being made. Wanting a product to be improved doesn't mean I'm not enjoying it. I can like something and still think it can be better.

Hell I can love something and still see its flaws.

• Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    The most common bug I get is definitely the one where my parachute gets stuck. It generally gives me a "Well, fuck, I'm 50% health off the bat and delayed in getting a gun. Might as well just swing out" attitude that almost always gets me like 2 kills before I go "Ooh, I might actually do well this game" and then die to someone I never see.

• Options
    Khavall wrote: »
    The most common bug I get is definitely the one where my parachute gets stuck. It generally gives me a "Well, fuck, I'm 50% health off the bat and delayed in getting a gun. Might as well just swing out" attitude that almost always gets me like 2 kills before I go "Ooh, I might actually do well this game" and then die to someone I never see.

The biggest cause of this is turning in the 10 seconds before landing, or just barely missing a roof (over or under). Try to make your parachute adjustments early, and go in a straight line (holding W) the for the last bit.

• Options
    edited October 2017
    Mini guide on parachuting:

Perfect drop (300m-1.3k) - Mark the building you want to land at. Jump when the plane path is perpendicular to the parachute path. Hold W (never let go the entire drop), turn so you are going straight at your mark, and look straight up to get the most horizontal speed. 300m away from your target, point your character straight down, I use the big map to get this distance. At 200m away from your target, you should have lost all horizontal momentum. Your speed should hit 234, so you get the extra fast parachute pull. Keep holding W and you will land right at your mark.

1.5k drop - This is usually the range I look for. At this range, you look up the whole time, you never go into a dive. You still hold W after the parachute is pulled. If the distance is a little shorter than 1.5k, you will have to dive down earlier than 300m (because you won't hit 234 speed). If the distance is a little longer, you will have to "pump". Basically after your chute is pulled, you hold W for half a second, then let go for half a second, then hold W again, etc. Personally, when I do this, I like to keep my speed right at 50, it seems to be a good mix of extra distance and fast landing time.

Long drop - At about 1.6+ you will need to pull your parachute early, and pump. I'm not a fan of these drops, because past a certain distance, it is faster to drop early and drive. It is totally possible for someone to beat you to your destination, which is reaaaaly bad for you. Also, a tiny chance someone will shoot you out of the sky.

Short drop - Wait until the plane is 200m away from your target. Jump out and dive straight down, everything else is normal.

Mountains can force you to adjust your drop timing. If your target is up hill, you will drop further than normal before your parachute auto pulls, meaning you will drop short. If your target is down hill, you might have to dive a little earlier. It is better to undershoot your target than overshoot it. If you are short, you can add a pump or two to get distance and it will barely change your drop timing. If you are long, you could clip the edge of a building, take damage, or get stuck trying to cut your parachute.

side note: If you want to absolutely get the same drop every time, and have low graphic settings, you can go into first person in the plane and look down. Make the jagged edges of your seat into a straight line, and you will be looking straight out the side of the plane, lined up for a perpendicular drop. In first person servers, look straight down at the plane from above, and do the same with the fuselage. Just make sure you move the camera down slightly after you get it correct, to make sure the compass isn't reversed. Getting a perfectly perpendicular drop isn't really necessary, as long as you are not jumping late. Jumping early gets you to your target very at almost the exact same time.

Ratsult2 on
  • Options
    You can't first person in the plane any more, unless they fixed it with the last patch.

• Options
    Ash of Yew wrote: »
    You can't first person in the plane any more, unless they fixed it with the last patch.

Ahh, I assumed it was something with FPP servers only, I haven't gone back to 3PP.

This discussion has been closed.