As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Playerunknown's Battlegrounds] Only You Can Prevent Blue Circle Deaths!

• Options
    Ash of YewAsh of Yew Registered User regular
    I think I heard it was to curve the meta game of watching when people jump, but considering they bothered to animate it so you can see in the back of the plane I find that a little hard to believe.

• Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    Ash of Yew wrote: »
    I think I heard it was to curve the meta game of watching when people jump, but considering they bothered to animate it so you can see in the back of the plane I find that a little hard to believe.

You can watch people steam out behind...granted it's harder to count them.

• Options
    SceptreSceptre Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Ok, pretty proud of this one.
    wMXXfFF.jpg

It was run and gun the whole time, and I just kept kicking ass. I killed the last four players myself, I could practically taste the fear.

Sceptre on
  • Options
    LindLind Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Me and my squad of 3 got a chicken dinner last night. When there was only 7 players left (including us) a firefight that we coudnt see broke out on the other side of a hill. 2 seconds later a grenade explodes and we get a win without doing any killing in the final circle (we had of course shoot some players up until that point). I just could not stop lauging. Some poor soul most have blown up just as he shot another player.

Lind on
  • Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    PmTMItol.jpg

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    The circle is on the opposite side of the map for my squad 90% of the time so I wasn't really sure what I was supposed to even be looking for there. I assume that's what it is? =P

I still think you should be able to outrun any circle with your guns put away. The vehicle reliance in this game is ridiculous, and punishing when the rng isn't on your side.

• Options
    Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    The circle is on the opposite side of the map for my squad 90% of the time so I wasn't really sure what I was supposed to even be looking for there. I assume that's what it is? =P

I still think you should be able to outrun any circle with your guns put away. The vehicle reliance in this game is ridiculous, and punishing when the rng isn't on your side.

I kind of like where the balance is. If you drop a corner, you know you are risking a bad circle and will either need to leave early, find a car, or burn through healing.

• Options
    edited October 2017
    It's not just the start though, the circles can pop the opposite end multiple times in a row. If you don't find a car, which can happen based purely on luck, you hit the circle just in time for it to start closing on the next. It happens a lot that you don't really have time to do anything, barely even get healed, before you're running again. Even in the later circles, you can be completely screwed over for not having a vehicle.

And that's not mismanaging time and all that nonsense people like to say, that's pure RNG. I've yet to see a good reason why you shouldn't be able to barely outrun the circles on foot. You'd still be running from them, you just wouldn't be totally screwed over because of luck.

The other thing is this game doesn't even let you have fights in the middle circles half the time. You literally get about 2 minutes to have a full squad fight, which is nothing. It makes a weird situation where a game that has all indications of being about pvp (what's the loot? guns and meds) doesn't even let you have fights. These are the circles where all the squads get forced into close proximity too, when the most fighting is bound to happen.

I just don't see how the circles are such a big mechanic but aren't getting any sort of work done for months now. Maybe outrunning them isn't the answer, but they can be improved assuredly and this is the time to figure it out.

Ash of Yew on
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Trying to make it to the other side of the map with no vehicle in sight is one of my favourite things. You run, and run, and run, get desperate and fight anyone you see, just in case they have more meds. Eventually, you'll find a car, and you'll meet other people in a car, and you'll have a mad max death race, you won't even care that you're driving through a red zone. And finally, if you make it, you'll either get shot soon after crossing the circle, or else you'll find a Med Kit and your hope and health will skyrocket.

Gvzbgul on
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    It's not just the start though, the circles can pop the opposite end multiple times in a row. If you don't find a car, which can happen based purely on luck, you hit the circle just in time for it to start closing on the next. It happens a lot that you don't really have time to do anything, barely even get healed, before you're running again. Even in the later circles, you can be completely screwed over for not having a vehicle.

And that's not mismanaging time and all that nonsense people like to say, that's pure RNG. I've yet to see a good reason why you shouldn't be able to barely outrun the circles on foot. You'd still be running from them, you just wouldn't be totally screwed over because of luck.

The other thing is this game doesn't even let you have fights in the middle circles half the time. You literally get about 2 minutes to have a full squad fight, which is nothing. It makes a weird situation where a game that has all indications of being about pvp (what's the loot? guns and meds) doesn't even let you have fights. These are the circles where all the squads get forced into close proximity too, when the most fighting is bound to happen.

I just don't see how the circles are such a big mechanic but aren't getting any sort of work done for months now. Maybe outrunning them isn't the answer, but they can be improved assuredly and this is the time to figure it out.

... but it is mismanaging time. If you are constantly getting to the circle right when it finishes closing, you are choosing to run the risk of bad circle RNG. The simple solution is getting into the circle early enough, you can make progress towards the center before the previous circle closes. This has the secondary benefit of being in position to get in a fight with people that are going to be pressured by the blue.

With the initial drop, you have to realize that you are taking a risk if you drop to a corner of the map, especially if it is late in the plane path.

The reason why you are not allowed to outrun the circles on foot is it would double the length of the game (mostly at the boring early/mid game).

Ratsult2 on
  • Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    If you drop in Pochinki, Rozhok, or School, you're essentially guaranteed a 1.2km run or less, and usually you're in the circle to begin with!

Any further out and you're increasing the possible effect RNG can have. But you can easily run 1.2km in just a minute or two, with enough time to move closer to center circle, where you are guaranteed that the next circle will either include your position or be directly adjacent to it.

• Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Mortious wrote: »
    PmTMItol.jpg

Why would you drop in the north east corner? It's like a barren wasteland up there.

When you do find yourself there, there is usually a vehicle near the warehouse halfway up the Southern face of Stabler, or "fucking-nothing mountain" as my friends and I have come to know it.

Edit :
    Alternatively detours to Severny or Yasnaya Polyana should give you multiple potential cars to find.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular

PSA/Reminder that running with a pistol out is as fast as running with guns put away. And I think that running with a melee weapon is also as fast.

It's not common that I need to run quickly and am in a position where I need to suddenly shoot without having time to switch weapons, but it has happened.

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    PmTMItol.jpg

Why would you drop in the north east corner? It's like a barren wasteland up there.

When you do find yourself there, there is usually a vehicle near the warehouse halfway up the Southern face of Stabler, or "fucking-nothing mountain" as my friends and I have come to know it.

Edit :
    Alternatively detours to Severny or Yasnaya Polyana should give you multiple potential cars to find.

Mostly because we hardly ever drop there, and dropping on the same 3 towns gets a bit much.

There's quite a few buildings up though, and the ruins on the top of the mountain also spawns loot now. More than enough for a duo.

Move to New Zealand
  • Options
    PmTMItol.jpg

Edit :

The North East corner got a revamp, there's a ton of loot there now.
    Ratsult2 wrote: »

... but it is mismanaging time. If you are constantly getting to the circle right when it finishes closing, you are choosing to run the risk of bad circle RNG. The simple solution is getting into the circle early enough, you can make progress towards the center before the previous circle closes. This has the secondary benefit of being in position to get in a fight with people that are going to be pressured by the blue.

With the initial drop, you have to realize that you are taking a risk if you drop to a corner of the map, especially if it is late in the plane path.

The reason why you are not allowed to outrun the circles on foot is it would double the length of the game (mostly at the boring early/mid game).

And again, it's not only the initial circles. If you are in fights (in a game about fighting, whoa!), and the circle pops the opposite side 3x in a row, you are going to get fucked, even in late circles. You can start a circle in the exact center and still get fucked this way. That's not mismanaging your time, that's dealing with circumstances. It doesn't happen every single game, but it happens enough and is out of the player's control that it's awful. It's a dominoes effect when the circle pops opposite multiple times in a row.

Don't even get me started on the shitty 50/50 circles centered almost completely between the island/mainland.

Being able to outrun the circle doesn't make the game take twice as long, that makes no sense. The circle doesn't stop being as long, and neither does the entire match time. We're talking about a tiny adjustment to completely unarmed speed. The best argument that I can think of is the effect that would have on combat and flanking.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    PmTMItol.jpg

Edit :

@TheKoolEagle and I have affectionately dubbed Stalber "Shit Mountain" and it was revamped in a recent patch along with adding that other town nearby. So there's actual stuff there!

• Options
    And again, it's not only the initial circles. If you are in fights (in a game about fighting, whoa!), and the circle pops the opposite side 3x in a row, you are going to get fucked, even in late circles. You can start a circle in the exact center and still get fucked this way. That's not mismanaging your time, that's dealing with circumstances. It doesn't happen every single game, but it happens enough and is out of the player's control that it's awful. It's a dominoes effect when the circle pops opposite multiple times in a row.

Don't even get me started on the shitty 50/50 circles centered almost completely between the island/mainland.

Being able to outrun the circle doesn't make the game take twice as long, that makes no sense. The circle doesn't stop being as long, and neither does the entire match time. We're talking about a tiny adjustment to completely unarmed speed. The best argument that I can think of is the effect that would have on combat and flanking.

It wouldn't be a slight increase in run speed to be able to outrun the circle. If you're in one corner and the circle pops in the other, then you're on a very bad side of the circle, which moves faster when it's got more distance to cover. I've been in several situations where the circle moves 2-3 times faster than my run speed. Hell, I've been in situations where the circle is moving nearly as fast as a car, and that's with me going straight into the circle along the white indicator line.

So, if you wanted to ensure you could run faster than the circle, you either make people as fast as cars, or you slow the circle down, which would make the game longer.

Also, if you're in the center of the circle you 100% cannot get fucked by the next circle. It will either include you or be directly adjacent to you. Each circle is approximately half the radius of the last one, give or take (up until the final couple of circles, in which you can traverse the entire thing in the time it takes for them to start enclosing), which means the center is a safe spot for the next spawn. The worst you'll do is that you'll have to go 100 yards or so over the course of like 2m.

That being said, the whole idea that there's no time to get into gunfights between circles is in some cases pretty true and also pretty unfortunate. I'm undecided about whether I think there's a better way this could be done without significantly elongating the game time, which I think would be bad, but it's certainly frustrating to be so on the go during the period of like 2nd-4th circle.

• Options
    I've had several games where the end was completely decided by the last couple of circle placements.

It's annoying when it causes you to lose, and while funny at the time, midly unsatisfying when it causes you to win.

Luckily I'm not in the top 3 enough for it to become a major annoyance.

Last night we did lose a match because we found like no meds whereas the last remaining enemy team seemed to have an unlimited number of them.

Move to New Zealand
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    So you make the circle less lopsided so it moves slower and shave off seconds in other (early) circles that are less impactful. There's way too much math involved for me to bother trying to do their job for them, but I'm sure the dev team can afford to hire some people with calculators to figure this stuff out. Maybe the answer involves ovals =P

You should just not lose to a circle unless you severely fuck up. It should be there to move gameplay, not be an actual enemy.

Anyone know how fortnite's circle works? I almost thought I saw that it's just an actual wall, that'll squash you but otherwise move you along. Regardless, I'd take that sort of system over pubg's too.

Ash of Yew on
  • Options
    I feel like even if the circle was slower or more generous people would be just as annoyed. Because it isn't the circle's fault. If you aren't getting to the circle in time it's because you're leaving it too late. And if they made the circle slower, you'd just take even more time.

Kinda like doing an assignment the night before it's due in. Even if the teacher gave an extension, you'd still end up doing it the night before it was due in (or at least, that's how it went for me in uni). The extra time wouldn't matter because the real source of the problem is you leaving things til the last minute.

• Options
    edited October 2017
    So you make the circle less lopsided so it moves slower and shave off seconds in other (early) circles that are less impactful. There's way too much math involved for me to bother trying to do their job for them, but I'm sure the dev team can afford to hire some people with calculators to figure this stuff out.

You should just not lose to a circle unless you severely fuck up. It should be there to move gameplay, not be an actual enemy.

The way the algorithm used to work was that to find the first circle, it would randomly choose a circle which didn't go too far outside of the map. Then, it would choose a random center point for the next circle such that the new circle fit entirely inside the old one. Repeat until final circle. This caused pretty much every circle to find roughly the middle of the map, since a random point in a circle is much more likely to include areas close to the middle than include areas close to a given edge. However, since the circles were too homogenous, they changed it.

The way the algorithm for the circle currently works is that each game, a random habitable point on the map is chosen (can't be over water, for instance). That will be the point upon which the final circle converges. Then, each circle is calculated by taking a circle of the given size and placing its center randomly, such that it includes the final point and doesn't overlap any other circles (ie, the blue only encloses, never recedes). This happens again up until the final circle, and then blue closes in completely.

This makes the circles significantly more random than the previous algorithm did, which makes it much more unpredictable. People who camp center circle (like myself) are much more likely in this system to have to relocate within 2 circles, whereas before camping center circle usually meant you had to move little if at all for the rest of the game.

You could alter the current algorithm to remove some of the more edge cases, but the problem is that it will cut down on the unpredictability of the circle, and thus how interesting the game is. If you make it so that only a certain distance can be required to be run, for instance, then you'll almost never have a circle that ends near stalber or on the southern end of military island, or in georgopol. Those areas would essentially never see late game, which is unhealthy for the game at large. It's common to get a circle where you're not sure which side of a body of water the white will close in on, and that's a VERY GOOD THING, because it emphasizes mobility, which keeps the game interesting.

It's definitely frustrating to die to the blue because you didn't find enough first aid and the circle spawned a long while away, but if you'd left a couple minutes earlier you'd probably have made it in, but with worse loot. But then, that's the risk you take when you drop away from the center of the map. It's happened to me, but it's pretty much always my fault when it does.

Rend on
  • Options
    Rend wrote: »
    So you make the circle less lopsided so it moves slower and shave off seconds in other (early) circles that are less impactful. There's way too much math involved for me to bother trying to do their job for them, but I'm sure the dev team can afford to hire some people with calculators to figure this stuff out.

The way the algorithm used to work was that to find the first circle, it would randomly choose a circle which didn't go too far outside of the map. Then, it would choose a random center point for the next circle such that the new circle fit entirely inside the old one. Repeat until final circle. This caused pretty much every circle to find roughly the middle of the map, since a random point in a circle is much more likely to include areas close to the middle than include areas close to a given edge. However, since the circles were too homogenous, they changed it.

The joke is, even with these circles that were mostly centered, people still sat at the edges way too long, mismanaged time, and complained about the blue.

I'm not saying that there isn't some room for slight improvements. I think they could shave off a small amount of time during early/mid game to slow down some of the final circles. It is just that you get to a certain point where the blue never kills you anymore, because you have learned how to manage it. I still definitely die because the blue forced me into a bad position, but that is more of a geography issue than the timing of the blue. Like if I have a choice between open field and a direction where there is both cover and enemies, it doesn't matter how much time I have from the blue. Those enemies are going to sit in the good cover until they are forced to move, and I'm still stuck with two bad choices.

• Options
    Mr RayMr Ray Sarcasm sphereRegistered User regular

I kind of like where the balance is. If you drop a corner, you know you are risking a bad circle and will either need to leave early, find a car, or burn through healing.

This is why the only corner I frequently drop into is Novo, and I'm immediately looking for boats on the way down. Because in the very rare case that there isn't one, I know I'm going to have to give the place a quick once-over and then run like hell.

• Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    I think that it might be neat if the circle timer countdown were to have a few extra seconds added to it when people die. Depending on the magnitude of the blood bath in school /military base, that could buy the people near the perimeter a few extra moments to get their act together and find a car if RNG gives them the worst possible circle.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I'd like to see the circle move slower, but more often so it keeps the same length of games and make the circle much more lethal. Might not work but hiding out and tanking the blue seems lame.

• Options
    Generally speaking the island is littered with cars. I think the blue zone is pretty fine as it is right now. I do agree that sometimes you get shafted by it at the very end but things like grenades and smokes help out alot here.

• Options
    vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    I'd still love to see something where actively engaging in a gunfight (IE, hitting enemies with bullets) causes the circle to, well, the best way I can describe it is 'bubble' around you - where it continues to move at normal speed everywhere else but you end up in a bulge that moves more slowly to allow that fight to continue.

The argument I've heard against it is that it would allow those in the circle to know where people are coming in, so they could ambush you, but if the purpose of the circles is to accelerate the game than the same purpose is served, just via a fun method of combat/death (shooting! Being shot!) as opposed to a giant circle that slowly kills you.

With a few exceptions almost all of my squad wins this season have involved good circle luck. Because ultimately, that's the biggest factor. If you're in a defensible position and the circle keeps collapsing on you, you have a much higher chance of winning than someone who's moving every time, since the very act of moving makes you vulnerable to being shot.

What I'd do in their position is dynamically weight circle locations. Assign certain objects a value based on how well they provide cover, weight based on player location and then try to spawn circles where it causes the most chaos/the most gunfights.

WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    I feel like even if the circle was slower or more generous people would be just as annoyed. Because it isn't the circle's fault. If you aren't getting to the circle in time it's because you're leaving it too late. And if they made the circle slower, you'd just take even more time.

Kinda like doing an assignment the night before it's due in. Even if the teacher gave an extension, you'd still end up doing it the night before it was due in (or at least, that's how it went for me in uni). The extra time wouldn't matter because the real source of the problem is you leaving things til the last minute.

It is the circle's fault when it dominoes to the far end multiple times. It is very easy to say "take the center circle every time" but the game isn't played in a vacuum, where everything is perfect. There is RNG in every aspect, and you are playing against other human beings that are impossible to fully predict. If there are multiple enemies between you and the center of the circle, you have to fight. A single fight can delay you long enough to miss the circle.

Terrain is also a thing, especially when the circle ends up on the islands or even across the northern rivers with limited crossing points.

The idea that every time the circle screws you over it's because you messed up is just not true and I wish people would stop saying it. This game is full of circumstance, arguably that is exactly what makes it compelling.

For your homework analogy it's more like if some one would randomly come and tear up your progress. They do it once and yeah you can probably still finish the assignment in time, but they keep coming back and do it 3x in a row, good luck.
    It is just that you get to a certain point where the blue never kills you anymore, because you have learned how to manage it.

Oh get out of here with this nonsense. =P

Ash of Yew on
  • Options
    Dont head for the center of the circle. Head for the edges and kill players.

• Options
    doomybeardoomybear Hi People Registered User regular
    Early circles, I don't mind the randomness. Late game should be more predictable/centered, though, since the impetus should be more about player action and planning instead of hoping the circle doesn't screw you. More often than not (say, 2/3 of the time), the winner at the end of the game (when I get there, anyway) has been determined by who the circle favored as opposed to any decisions that players make.

It would also help a lot if I could tell how smokes would land. I usually have to throw 2 smokes for concealment because I'm not sure which direction the smoke will blow. Actually...Are smokes predictable? I'll be honest, I've never bothered to check to see if they always blow from like west to east or something.

what a happy day it is
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    I always try to win with a tommy gun for maximum celebratory gunfire

https://youtu.be/g_U34g_eSDA

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    doomybear wrote: »
    Early circles, I don't mind the randomness. Late game should be more predictable/centered, though, since the impetus should be more about player action and planning instead of hoping the circle doesn't screw you. More often than not (say, 2/3 of the time), the winner at the end of the game (when I get there, anyway) has been determined by who the circle favored as opposed to any decisions that players make.

It would also help a lot if I could tell how smokes would land. I usually have to throw 2 smokes for concealment because I'm not sure which direction the smoke will blow. Actually...Are smokes predictable? I'll be honest, I've never bothered to check to see if they always blow from like west to east or something.

I'm not sure about predictable in terms of direction, but it's important to note that smokes are inconsistent to an extent across clients, and also have a limit on their rendering distance. Past a certain point, other players won't even see the smoke, and though I can't confirm the exact distance I've heard numbers thrown around as low as 150m. I've been shot perfectly accurate through smoke as short as sub 50m, in that case I think it was probably rendering but inconsistent for the other player. The bottom line is that they're still incredibly useful, but not reliable, and I think more is almost always better.

Ash of Yew on
  • Options
    It is just that you get to a certain point where the blue never kills you anymore, because you have learned how to manage it.

I'm ahh... not joking. There were some total player stats released not to long ago that showed blue zone deaths sitting right around 1% of total player deaths. Yea, you get killed because you were forced to run out of cover because of the blue, or you got killed because you were not at full health from the blue, or you get downed and your team doesn't have time to res you out in the blue.... but if you just get straight up killed from the blue, there was a bad decision you made somewhere that can be corrected.

• Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular

I'm ahh... not joking. There were some total player stats released not to long ago that showed blue zone deaths sitting right around 1% of total player deaths. Yea, you get killed because you were forced to run out of cover because of the blue, or you got killed because you were not at full health from the blue, or you get downed and your team doesn't have time to res you out in the blue.... but if you just get straight up killed from the blue, there was a bad decision you made somewhere that can be corrected.

So all you have to do is go back in time and correct it. Gosh!

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options

The bad decision in this case is dealing with circumstances outside of your control, which the circles then confound. If you some how have achieved the magical ability to predict the future and play a flawless game 100% of the time please share it. Not just with me, but also with the actual pros who also die to the blue and make a living off the game.

I can't wait to reach this mythical Certain Point where I transcend game mechanics though, that sounds rad.

• Options
    As someone who has reached that mythical point, it's pretty good.

• Options
    edited October 2017
    As someone who has reached that mythical point, it's pretty good.

How adorably pretentious. :}

Ash of Yew on
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    I'm terrible at this game, can't shoot for shit, die in every straight up gun fight.

And with 270 hours in game, I can't recall the last time I died to the blue.

My favorite jump spots are power plant, hospital, severny, lipovka. All edge areas.

Seriously, why are you dying to the blue?

Burtletoy on
  • Options

The bad decision in this case is dealing with circumstances outside of your control, which the circles then confound. If you some how have achieved the magical ability to predict the future and play a flawless game 100% of the time please share it. Not just with me, but also with the actual pros who also die to the blue and make a living off the game.

I can't wait to reach this mythical Certain Point where I transcend game mechanics though, that sounds rad.

These pros are also trying to entertain viewers. The few times I have seen someone like Sacriel die to the blue is because he decides it is worth the risk to fight a player and hope they have enough healing to get him to safety. If he dies to the blue, oh well, the stream had some excitement and he moves on to the next game. It is not good stream material to run away from fights, just to be safe.

Think of it this way. Would it be possible to never die from the blue if you always drop to the center of the map, don't loot, and always run to the middle of the circle? What about if you only loot for 1 minute, then do this? What about if you only drop where there are 4+ car spawns nearby, and drive to the center of the circle to loot, each time the circle changes. Would it be possible to never die from the blue with this strategy? These are all extreme examples, but show that you can choose to not die from the blue if you sacrifice looting time.

I have circle timers, know the player running speed, and I am more than willing to leave a town half looted, or disengage from fights (and sometimes get killed doing this) to make sure that the blue doesn't kill me. If you just straight up think I'm lying, that's fine. This conversation was at its end anyway.

• Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular

It is the circle's fault when it dominoes to the far end multiple times. It is very easy to say "take the center circle every time" but the game isn't played in a vacuum, where everything is perfect. There is RNG in every aspect, and you are playing against other human beings that are impossible to fully predict. If there are multiple enemies between you and the center of the circle, you have to fight. A single fight can delay you long enough to miss the circle.

Terrain is also a thing, especially when the circle ends up on the islands or even across the northern rivers with limited crossing points.

The idea that every time the circle screws you over it's because you messed up is just not true and I wish people would stop saying it. This game is full of circumstance, arguably that is exactly what makes it compelling.

For your homework analogy it's more like if some one would randomly come and tear up your progress. They do it once and yeah you can probably still finish the assignment in time, but they keep coming back and do it 3x in a row, good luck.

I've only died to the blue I think once, and that's because I misjudged whether acliff was climable. It's gotten me shot more though.

This discussion has been closed.