As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Nice weather [chat]

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    milski wrote: »
    Ludious wrote: »
    wow that united airlines incident is crazy. When I first started reading about it I thought "well yeah they oversell. It's dumb but if they tell you you're not flying you're probably not flying"
    THEN I saw the video of the dude being fucking assaulted for..refusing to move? Right or wrong and I was like "wait..he was on the plane already?"

So..they boarded the plane before getting their volunteers or making people give up their seats...

oh and it turns out they were making room for united employees. Hmm... HMMMMMMM.

And united being horrible is completely separate from the dude being assaulted by aircops

they didn't even oversell/overbook that flight

they wanted to have 4 employees travel to the next hub

someone I guess offered to give up their seat for $1600 when they were being offered $800 and was laughed at by the manager

I can't wait to see united eat shit for this whole thing.

I mean tbf they are only legally required to pay 1300 so while laughing is stupid, the manager was correct that there's no way he was gonna get $1600 bucks.

$300+ the "legal requirement" is small potatoes compared to calling security and risk smashing someone's head into an arm rest tbh.

I mean that's why you don't let them board first, which was phenomenally stupid, but if they were still at the gate it'd be perfectly reasonable to decline a counteroffer like that.

Since they were boarded though, yeah, I guess taking what you can get is better.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    This tweet is tasteless and smacks of someone overplaying their breeder privilege card:

but then this reply

• Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    As a Class C near-human,

I board in zone 4 with the rest of the Delta Humans

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    I don't get Southwest.
    Shittier planes, shittier service, closer (BHM is southwest)
    but somehow its more expensive then just going to ATL and flying Delta.

it's almost always the cheapest option for us, even before you factor in checked baggage fees, but Midway is a major hub

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    british tabloids are always like "SHE LOST 8 STONE" next to a photo of a lady in a dress smiling.

wait, is that a lot? i honestly do not know. it sounds like an imperial measure so it's probably somethis really stupid like 12 or 16 pounds but i refuse to learn because I need less of that shit in my head, not more

14 pounds = 1 stone

Are there really 16 ounces in a pound and 14 pounds in a stone and 160 stones in a ton?

this is not a measurement system, it is systematic trolling

I once had to do some calculations in imperial.

It is 100% absolutely a prank.

Imperial is clownshoes garbage.

• Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    Quid wrote: »
    zepherin wrote: »
    What is this Celsius bullshit?

It is how the civilised world measures temperature.

*throws more tea in to the ocean*

Typical American not knowing hot to make tea. You pour boiling water on to the bag.

Honestly.

Why the Fuck would you burn tea like that?

You generally want just below full boilling water for tea, otherwise you burn it and ruin the flavor.

• Options
    edited April 2017
    This tweet is tasteless and smacks of someone overplaying their breeder privilege card:

but then this reply

lol I hate it when people that play that card

p sure having 3 kids is a choice nitwit

Sir Landshark on
  • Options

but then this reply

lol I hate it when people that play that card

p sure having 3 kids is a choice nitwit

is it though?

is it?

is it?

you can say no shark

"We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    wow that united airlines incident is crazy. When I first started reading about it I thought "well yeah they oversell. It's dumb but if they tell you you're not flying you're probably not flying"
    THEN I saw the video of the dude being fucking assaulted for..refusing to move? Right or wrong and I was like "wait..he was on the plane already?"

So..they boarded the plane before getting their volunteers or making people give up their seats...

oh and it turns out they were making room for united employees. Hmm... HMMMMMMM.

And united being horrible is completely separate from the dude being assaulted by aircops

someone I guess offered to give up their seat for $1600 when they were being offered $800 and was laughed at by the manager

I mean tbf they are only legally required to pay 1300 so while laughing is stupid, the manager was correct that there's no way he was gonna get $1600 bucks.

$300+ the "legal requirement" is small potatoes compared to calling security and risk smashing someone's head into an arm rest tbh.

I mean that's why you don't let them board first, which was phenomenally stupid, but if they were still at the gate it'd be perfectly reasonable to decline a counteroffer like that.

Since they were boarded though, yeah, I guess taking what you can get is better.

They should've just flown their employees with another airline tbh.

It would've been cheaper than paying nearly $6,000 for 4 people to get the max legal payout + meal/hotel vouchers (I'm not sure on the specifics of if they're required to pay those if they give out the $1400 checks).

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Sleep wrote: »

Typical American not knowing hot to make tea. You pour boiling water on to the bag.

Honestly.

You generally want just below full boilling water for tea, otherwise you burn it and ruin the flavor.

No.

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular

but then this reply

Oh shit

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Remember, instead of 100 pence equaling a pound, it was

Two Farthings = a Ha'penny
    Two Ha'pennies = A Penny
    Twelve pence = a Shilling
    Twenty Shillings = a Pound

And people didn't want to decimalise because it would be too complicated.

• Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    I kinda remember the mnemonic device thing for the metric system from elementary school, "King Henry Drinks Delicious Chocolate Milk"?

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    I wonder how much a $5 bet would pay out if you bet on all the NFL games for a week (15) and actually got them all right on a 15-leg bet

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    F is more granular and less awkward with regards to air temp

and that's about the only real benefit to it

I don't need to say "twenty seven point six" to say 82

Nobody that isn't a meteorologist says that. We say 27.

• Options
    I kinda remember the mnemonic device thing for the metric system from elementary school, "King Henry Drinks Delicious Chocolate Milk"?

There's a mnemonic device for metric?

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular

Two Ha'pennies = A Penny

Yeah but how many galleons per pounds?

• Options

I only smash people into armrests within the comfort of my home.

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    First bring the ocean to a piping boil

Then insert the tea bag to steep

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Overbooking a flight is bullshit. It's no unknown variable how many seats there are in a particular aircraft.

I'd give up my seat if they paid me a million dollars and gave me a free ticket for the rest of my life.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    As a Class C near-human,

I board in zone 4 with the rest of the Delta Humans

Assigned Seating 4 Lyfe

• Options
    a
    I wonder how much a $5 bet would pay out if you bet on all the NFL games for a week (15) and actually got them all right on a 15-leg bet

are you betting win/loss or the spread

there are 16 games certain weeks

you'd get about $300k betting the spread

a bit less betting win/loss assuming you always bet the favored team

• Options
    This is how I make tea:

I don't make tea.

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    First bring the ocean to a piping boil

Then insert the tea bag to steep

A little to salttea.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    a

are you betting win/loss or the spread

there are 16 games certain weeks

you'd get about $300k betting the spread

a bit less betting win/loss assuming you always bet the favored team

probably win/loss

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Jubal77 wrote: »

Two Ha'pennies = A Penny

Yeah but how many galleons per pounds?

Every Noble must pay £500 towards the upkeep of the Navy, as the French intend to invade

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Tav wrote: »

Honestly.

No.

From what I've read, while it's not true that boiling water "burns" tea, it seems the hotter the water the more the bolder/bitter flavors come out whereas the further away you move from boiling the more delicate/sweeter the flavor

So

as usual both of you are "wrong" and I am right

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    This is how I make tea:

I don't make tea.

latest?cb=20130430015139

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Echo wrote: »
    F is more granular and less awkward with regards to air temp

and that's about the only real benefit to it

I don't need to say "twenty seven point six" to say 82

Nobody that isn't a meteorologist says that. We say 27.

Even meteorologists don't add decimals to temperature because it's fucking meaningless granularity for basically any practical purpose.

shryke on
  • Options

I'm trying to decide how I feel about this and I can't

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular

Honestly.

you cannot burn something with water

you can scald it, maybe

but you cannot burn it

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    Good morning butts

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
  • Options

Honestly.

No.

From what I've read, while it's not true that boiling water "burns" tea, it seems the hotter the water the more the bolder/bitter flavors come out whereas the further away you move from boiling the more delicate/sweeter the flavor

So

as usual both of you are "wrong" and I am right

Drinking tea is wrong, so all three of you are wrong.

There's no right way to make tea.

• Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    I p much only fly Southwest these days. United and American have been terrible at times. JetBlue is great but doesn't really serve Chicago much I guess.

But the cattle car boarding thing with Sourhwest x_x

I will cling to assigned seating and non-self-driving cars as a decrepit old codger being recycled into soylent
    I never understood this; I guess with other airlines I was able to sit until my group had pretty much fully boarded and then get in line, but you can wait until your section is about to start boarding with Southwest and the difference in time spent standing is probably around two minutes, if that.

But then I also get unreasonably irritated with the amorphous mass of people that starts forming using the "normal" boarding method, where you have no idea if anyone is actually in line or getting ready for their section, the last one, during the special pre-pre-quantum-boarding period.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »

Honestly.

you cannot burn something with water

you can scald it, maybe

but you cannot burn it

What if the water is on fire

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    oh shit the reddit admins are the ones deleting the threads about delta united

lolol

gg reddit

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    All I know is that in all this measurement system talk there's one fact no one is bringing up

Two

Time

World

War

Champions*

*measured in feet and inches

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    If Ludious keeps his AC on 64 during the summer I am just going to assume he is rich as fuck.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    Whoa some schools were dark,
    o8kw8m8819rm.jpg

This discussion has been closed.