Options

Nice weather [chat]

bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
edited April 2017 in Debate and/or Discourse
Good weather happening here this week, Im pretty excited

2r7x0f9.jpg

The kids are too!

jggtn8.jpg

How is the weather in your neck of the woods friends?

EDIT: for you terrible Americans

2hdmo03.jpg

bloodyroarxx on

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    This is the chat we deserve

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    What is this Celsius bullshit?

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    i thought those temps were in F for a moment

for crazy canucks thats still "nice" weather right

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    zepherin wrote: »

It is how the civilised world measures temperature.

• Options
    Bogart wrote: »

We are in MURICA. Quit speaking foreign.

*puts up an American flag and fires Chinese ak-47 for no real reason.

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular

After Brexit I'm not sure that claim can still be made.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    It's 36F here today :(

thor 2 was pretty bad
    absurdly 1-dimensional villain
    meaningless reset plot
    even more focus on annoying sidekick (darcy?)
    dumb plotholes (asgard busted up the bad guys back when and the chief guy hid with few enough dudes nobody noticed, but those same few dudes can invade asgard and beat everybody up? and asgard's ranged weapons from the fight back when are not there?)
    somewhere between no character development and weak character development - Thor starts out as redeemed in Odin's eyes and a good guy and ends up redeemed in Odin's eyes and a good guy who got offered the job of king and turned it down

Loki was great and interesting and funny but that was all.

sig.gif
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    AH, sorry we weren't able to link up this weekend. When not herding cats, I was mostly sleeping late and relaxing.

Nashville is a neat city. It seems to be booming - I don't recall ever seeing so much high-rise construction! We ate at Wild Cow and hung out on the Bicentennial Capitol Mall and saw a show at Marathon Music Works.

• Options

Being civilized and making shitty decisions are not mutually exclusive.

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular

This isn't the edge you're hoping for, the UK didn't elect Donald Trump as their Supreme HYDRA.

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Mississippi weather is chain restaurant that only serves chicken salad and the refrigeration is busted

• Options

It's not just us. It's everyone else in the world except the US and like three islands.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    There I added another image for you yanks

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    C is much better than F when it comes to measuring shit.

Water freezes at 0 and boils at 100

Having said that, it gets confusing on camping forums because someone will be all, I went camping and it was -2 out and they don't list C or F and I'm all, hmmmm.... That could mean you're a total badass or you went camping and it was 28 degrees out.

• Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    'civilization' is false god anyway

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    I can't stop laughing at this $200 product:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01G238EKQ/
    Orion Labs Onyx Smart Walkie Talkies w/ Unlimited Range

Experience faster easier communication. Onyx combines the simplicity of walkie talkies with the power of your data-enabled smartphone to deliver effortless, instant communication across any distance. Talk to as many people as you want at the same time with the simple touch of a button. Onyx is a sleek, lightweight communication device that helps you talk with your favorite people (who have Onyx) while leaving your phone in your pocket or bag. Simply pair Onyx with your phone, import your contacts to our free app, invite them to a group, and press and hold Onyx to talk. No limits on channels or distance, as long as everyone using it has internet access via their phone.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options

Your [chat], your rules. Don't kowtow to their Luddite ways. We'll be counting on our fingers next and measuring distance in cable-lengths.

• Options
    TL DR wrote: »
    AH, sorry we weren't able to link up this weekend. When not herding cats, I was mostly sleeping late and relaxing.

Nashville is a neat city. It seems to be booming - I don't recall ever seeing so much high-rise construction! We ate at Wild Cow and hung out on the Bicentennial Capitol Mall and saw a show at Marathon Music Works.

No worries, yeah we're getting a lot of people these days. I think it's like 80 people a day or something. Everything downtown is high rise construction now.

I was at the cabin Friday anyway and after stacking like four truckloads of wood Saturday I left at noon to come home to a busted toilet so I wouldn't have been much fun.

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    broar that weather is still shit
    Now THIS is nice weather
    d04k5o09g6f4.jpg

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    I can't stop laughing at this $200 product:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01G238EKQ/
    Orion Labs Onyx Smart Walkie Talkies w/ Unlimited Range

Experience faster easier communication. Onyx combines the simplicity of walkie talkies with the power of your data-enabled smartphone to deliver effortless, instant communication across any distance. Talk to as many people as you want at the same time with the simple touch of a button. Onyx is a sleek, lightweight communication device that helps you talk with your favorite people (who have Onyx) while leaving your phone in your pocket or bag. Simply pair Onyx with your phone, import your contacts to our free app, invite them to a group, and press and hold Onyx to talk. No limits on channels or distance, as long as everyone using it has internet access via their phone.

so its the old Nextel beep beep but over the internet?

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    86°... nice...

You are a lizard person

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular

Having said that, it gets confusing on camping forums because someone will be all, I went camping and it was -2 out and they don't list C or F and I'm all, hmmmm.... That could mean you're a total badass or you went camping and it was 28 degrees out.

I'm frequently required to remember at what temperature pure water boils at sea level with normal pressure.

if only I knew it in Farenheit!!!!!!!!

also it's not hard to remember that freezing is 32 degrees. Is it arbitrary? Sure, but so are shoe sizes, and I can navigate those.

not to say that celsius is crap, it's just not better outside of perhaps scientific contexts

but i'm not a scientist

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular

This isn't the edge you're hoping for, the UK didn't elect Donald Trump as their Supreme HYDRA.

This is true, but in 4 years we can fix our mistake.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    As far as I'm concerned anything over like 72 and it's time to seal all the exits and turn the AC down to "see your breath"

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular

-40 degrees is the One True Temperature (no absolute scales allowed)

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular

Your [chat], your rules. Don't kowtow to their Luddite ways. We'll be counting on our fingers next and measuring distance in cable-lengths.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdnmNLDvZFo

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Low to mid 70s baby. The best temperature.

Now if only we could get down to lest that 80,000 parts per million on the goddamn pollen scale.

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular

It is how the civilized world measures temperature.

• Options
    I'm frequently required to remember at what temperature pure water boils at sea level with normal pressure.

also it's not hard to remember that freezing is 32 degrees. Is it arbitrary? Sure, but so are shoe sizes, and I can navigate those.

not to say that celsius is crap, it's just not better outside of perhaps scientific contexts

but i'm not a scientist

It is obviously immeasurably superior for scientific contexts, but also I would imagine that remembering 0 degrees is the freezing point of water is easier than remembering that it's 32 degrees.

Also having two scales is plain mental. No one is served by keeping Fahrenheit around except people too dumb to learn Celsius. If we simply threw those old, befuddled cavepeople into a volcano, that would solve everything.

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Happy birthday @Casual Eddy !

• Options
    Humidity isn't ass at this time of year so anything below 95 is fine.
    Today is basically the most perfect weather there can ever possibly be anywhere at any time
    (If there weren't 1,000,000 tonnes of pollen around)

to1r2a2gmv1h.jpg

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    Geth's thread close picture is still Geth-Geth, not Tinkles-Geth.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    Ludious wrote: »
    As far as I'm concerned anything over like 72 and it's time to seal all the exits and turn the AC down to "see your breath"
    It is 63 degrees right now, and I have the AC on in the apartment.

I have it programmed to be at 72 degrees during the day, and cool it down to 68, then go to 65 at night.

• Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    Yay free volcano trip

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    jacrob i have to drive to work we should voice chat on discord

sig.gif
  • Options
    cptrugged wrote: »
    Low to mid 70s baby. The best temperature.

Now if only we could get down to lest that 80,000 parts per million on the goddamn pollen scale.
    Zyrtec+Flonase. Those two make this time of year livable.

• Options
    I love it when it's like 95 out but it's the south so you've got the dreaded swamp ass to contend with.

Right now though I'm with the rest of you that I've sneezed like 20 times this morning and it's only 9:30.

Guess it's time to get back on Claritin

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular

but i'm not a scientist

It is obviously immeasurably superior for scientific contexts, but also I would imagine that remembering 0 degrees is the freezing point of water is easier than remembering that it's 32 degrees.

Also having two scales is plain mental. No one is served by keeping Fahrenheit around except people too dumb to learn Celsius. If we simply threw those old, befuddled cavepeople into a volcano, that would solve everything.

/Notices the speed limit signs in the UK are still in mph

/Throws the island into a volcano.

• Options
    edited April 2017
    Six wrote: »
    Yay free volcano trip

The flyer says 'virgins only'.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
This discussion has been closed.