As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bundle up tight and abandon [Fashion] for warmth

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Skeith wrote: »
    also, not sure if it's a japanese fashion thing or just a fashion faux pax on a cultural scale, but they wear their tie clips so low here

like here, where it shows 'too low'? like that, and it's every single person with a tie clip (which is not to say every single person with a tie)

among the many strange things about japan, this is the one petty nagging thing that sticks out to me

Sounds more like a Japanese thing than a faux pas, if it's consistently in the same place or close to it.

I don't think you can have a fashion faux pax on a cultural scale. Fashion is defined partially by culture, so if something's the norm in a culture it can't by definition be a faux pas.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    I could see not wearing the tie clip that low if you're wearing a jacket, but I might be tempted to wear it in that "too low" area if I wasn't wearing a jacket.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    That actually kinda seems like it'd be too high.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    It may be a fashion faux pa, but maybe a much lesser one that your tie flopping out/around.

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    so apparently it might be a local thing? all over the place in shinjuku, but outside of it people confirm to the western standard

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Olive green is officially my color.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    you're in the army now

no really

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Time to buy nothing but clothes with camo on them.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Juggernut wrote: »
    Olive green is officially my color.

Just call me Sgt. Fabulous

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    How do you find out what colour suits you?

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Liiya wrote: »
    How do you find out what colour suits you?

Stand next to a wall-sized paint swatch booklet.

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    The colour that suits me is blue

I have arbitrarily decided this and therefore it is the case

• Options
    edited September 2017
    I put it on and was like

Mmm

So do that

Juggernut on
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Colors that suit me: black, gray, jewel tones of red and purple, white I guess.

Edit: There are some greens too, but that's a tougher needle to thread. Generally still looking at the jewel tone sort of thing, with the rare occasional teal.

Straightzi on
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I can wear anything except orange or pink.

• Options
    tynic wrote: »
    I can wear anything except orange or pink.

yeah me too. i'm good in black and blue and some shades of green make me look super irish in a good way

• Options
    Shades of blue erryday.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I absolutely refuse to wear blue.

Technically I can wear it just fine, but as someone who wears a whole lot of black, blue articles of clothing are frequently going to clash with the rest of my wardrobe.

• Options
    I personally like other colors, like greens and reds. But reds are hard to wear without them being flashy. Everytime I wear blue someone compliments me that that's "my color."

So I guess that's my color.

Billy Cranston, at your service.

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Apparently the only color I can't really get away with is yellow because it makes me look really washed out, but I like blues and reds the most. Especially together.

f2d1f9e3910a5df481a16468e1a921a6.jpg

That is my favorite shirt that I own.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    waxing shitty poetic for a moment, my colors are grey and blue and green like it's completely overcast and raining on a pine forest

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    I dress in the colors of the Sith.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »

What colors are hedonism and regret?

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »

Gold that is entirely damp from sweat.

• Options
    grrmushagrrmusha Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    I wear mostly black, grey and white(so not really colors), with some pieces in green, pale blue and red, but olive green is "my" color. Navy blue look awful on me, it makes my skin tone look yellow. There is a whole book on color analysis, figuring out your skintone,"season"and wearing clothes and make up in colors that suit you the best called Color me beautiful.

grrmusha on
  • Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »

Gold that is entirely damp from sweat.

I dub thee Darth Moist

• Options
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    I can't do browns or yellows

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Mysst wrote: »

Racist

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

Racist

I only mix with colors that aren't my own

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    I have been told that green and darkish purples look good on me

• Options
    Straightzi wrote: »

Technically I can wear it just fine, but as someone who wears a whole lot of black, blue articles of clothing are frequently going to clash with the rest of my wardrobe.

wait are you saying blue clashes with black

tell me this is not true omg am i a nerd

• Options
    Magic Pink wrote: »

Dark blues clash with black, yeah. Specifically due to the longstanding prevalence of navy suits. There are some brighter blues that can work okay with black, although I personally don't dig on the combination.

• Options

Dark blues clash with black, yeah. Specifically due to the longstanding prevalence of navy suits. There are some brighter blues that can work okay with black, although I personally don't dig on the combination.

oh, so you're the fucking reason why nightwing is in red

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2017

oh, so you're the fucking reason why nightwing is in red

Nightwing's blue doesn't clash with black.

Edit: Also there's a big difference between fashion rules and the guidelines for creating a superhero color schema, which are meant to serve a narrative purpose as much as they are meant to look good.

Straightzi on
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    I'm definitely an "autumn".

Basically this, but remove the pale pink and salmon colors. Also add in greys and black and white, because those work on everyone.
    c313830771e18dcad28309221503e301--autumn-tops-soft-autumn.jpg

• Options
    grrmushagrrmusha Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Also add in greys and black and white, because those work on everyone.
    Some people look tired/washed out as heck in black and white. Usually us who look good in earth tones.

grrmusha on
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    i'm a fan of black and neon blue, personally

tron-3-reboot.jpg

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I say why not dress with a superhero's color palette

• Options
    I feel most comfortable when I am dressed like the Christian devil.

This discussion has been closed.