As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bundle up tight and abandon [Fashion] for warmth

• Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Cello wrote: »
    SO I decided to try out nail powder for the first time! Nail powder can get you some freakin' amazing effects, like the most metallic chrome that you can't match with polish alone. Chrome powder shows every imperfection and gets everywhere, but I'm really loving the effect! (kindly ignore my glittery palm)

1brpp8jgs5j2.jpg
    3f1xnfqg7jvs.jpg

THE CLAWWWW
    n0qav02qbmfp.jpg

What

What

I NEED THIS

Yeah duuuude! :D

Powders also seem to be the gold standard for duochromes and multichromes (which I adore)...not my hand:
    WhatsUpNails-Dragon-Powder-9.jpg
    (that's the "Dragon Powder" color from What's Up Nails).

They're a bit pricey and ideally you are supposed to use them with gel polish. BUT! The glorious nail artists of Youtube found out that you can instead use Sally Hansen's Miracle Gel line to use as a fake gel base that still allows the powder to adhere, and then you need a water-based top coat once the powder has gone on the nails (regular top coats will blur the finish and make it just look like dull silver nail polish....BUT, once you apply the water-based top coat and let it dry, you can put a regular top coat on after and it doesn't hurt anything). The application of the powder is STUPID EASY and the results are very fast - if you're interested in trying them out I highly recommend watching some YouTube videos, I learned a lot of tips from them. :)

Based on the (way too many) reviews I've looked up, the best powders on the market come from Daily Charme (that's where I got the above chrome powder, in #3, which is a very finely-milled powder to give a very smooth finish), Twinkled T, and Whats Up Nails. Etsy also has some retailers for great multichromes - look up Wildflower.

But yeah. LOVE ITTT

NightDragon on
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I adore those chrome nails, and if my nails weren't terrible garbage that would be the color I'd want them to be. It's got a real good Molly Millions feel to it.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    I don't know why but I'm watching youtube videos on nail painting now.

this chrome stuff is fascinating

I'm not going to get anymore work done today am I

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    bowen wrote: »

That is exactly what happened to me.

There's also a powder called "unicorn powder" which makes this like...rainbowy iridescent blue effect on nails that's gorgeous. It's all delicious looking

• Options
    edited September 2017
    Yeah that unicorn one is neat as fuck too, I watched that one immediately after.

That purple-green iridescent scheme is a really cool in general, I saw someone at the mall the other day with it (e:) with their hair.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    I can't stop looking at my hand

Send help

• Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular
    I can't stop looking at my hand

Send help

41C2ADL0wML.jpg

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular

That is exactly what happened to me.

There's also a powder called "unicorn powder" which makes this like...rainbowy iridescent blue effect on nails that's gorgeous. It's all delicious looking

Welp, I know what I'm getting my sister for christmas

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Woah what the hell is nail powder I need this

• Options
    Wait a minute

was that a Liar Liar reference?

Nah, I go way back. That was a Toy Story 1 reference. 8-)

• Options
    Wait a minute

was that a Liar Liar reference?

Nah, I go way back. That was a Toy Story 1 reference. 8-)

shit toy story was before liar liar wasn't it

• Options
    LabelLabel Registered User regular
    I hope those powder thingies are some form of non-toxic.

Hella shiny though.

• Options
    Label wrote: »
    I hope those powder thingies are some form of non-toxic.

Hella shiny though.

"Cosmetic Grade FDA Approved silver chrome pigment; safe for use on nails and skin."

Generally these powders are super similar to what you'd see in eyeshadows and other cosmetics, so yeah. As safe as those need to be, I guess.

• Options
    so you're saying I can apply a thin coat to my entire body and become iron man

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    More like silver surfer.

• Options
    That is an acceptable compromise.

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    7vu72yqdne5z.jpg

The sig that keeps on giving.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    7vu72yqdne5z.jpg

Ladies.

• Options
    7vu72yqdne5z.jpg

Ladies.

Wait a minute..

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    t6z4bwjvydua.png

wait now I'm confused

Ladies.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    this is what a singularity looks like isn't it

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Would anyone like to play a game

Of

Mornington Crescent

• Options
    Damn it Solar, I just snorted so loud and now everyone knows I'm not working

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Play a round with them!

Excellent office fun

• Options
    edited September 2017
    PHEW so after 4 hours at the salon, I'm done! :D

The hairdresser wasn't able to lift my hair enough to get it as bright as we were hoping on the ends, but that's not her fault at all - she used the strongest lightener she was able to. Since I've been dyeing my hair red for many years, it makes it SUPER hard to brighten my hair at all. Red color stays in super strongly. That being said, she was able to lift it a fair amount, gave me a lovely color and a trim, and the curled my hair (first time my hair's ever been curled)!

I felt like I've been losing some hair over the past few years, and it seems my hair is at like 60% volume that it once was, so I felt kinda self conscious about it. All the other hairdressers at the salon complimented me on my hair the whole time I was there though, and so did some other clients! That made me feel sooo, so much better about it. When my hairdresser was done curling my hair, she put it all in the front of me and said "that's YOUR hair!!" and my eyes almost welled up because it looked so much more full to me than it has it so long, and made me feel so great. She was so wonderful throughout the entire process too - super nice, personable, and very attentive. I'm probably going to return to her in a few months so we can try to lighten the ends up a bit more :)

ANYWAY, PICS

5xyacridr2dl.jpg
    63blzxpqrndj.jpg

They also gave me WINEEEEEEE
    eyq49vgh6jkh.jpg

NightDragon on
  • Options
    GOOD HAIR

GOOD COLOUR

GOOD GOOD GOOD

• Options
    4 hours, jesus h christ.

I wouldn't be self conscience of that, it looks great.

• Options
    4 hours, jesus h christ.

I wouldn't be self conscience of that, it looks great.

Yeah, I'm super tired haha. I can't imagine how she feels! She added color to the top of my head and my roots, then balayaged/free-hand painted on lightener all throughout my sectioned hair, set me under a mobile heat lamp (whaaaat) that was super fancy and twirled around my head, let me sit there for ~20-30 so the lightener could develop under the heat, washed the color and lightener out, blowdried the hair, mixed two different colors for the lengths of my hair, separated and painted my lengths of hair the new colors, let me sit there for another ~30 so the dye had time to work, shampooed out the dye, gave me a trim, blowdried the hair again, then curled the hair. Super laborious!

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    so I'm looking for some nice metal business card cases that aren't just a 2 buck aluminum thing but also aren't 200 dollar tiffany's silver sterling luxury item. is there something like that out there? because all I managed to find was places on etsy what take a cheap one and engrave something on it.

fucking, an uphill battle this was

but I finally found something: Davin and Kesler

now I need your help fashion thread - which is more appealing to your sensibilities

27Vd0xt.jpg?1
    Wwq0NwV.jpg?1

Hey @Indie Winter I just want to thank you for doing the leg work on these cases, now that I'm finally getting my very first business cards, I want this swag shit.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    I'm in japan

japan has incredible fashions

and none of them are made for western men with broad shoulders

the largest size commonly found here, XL, is basically an american M

my lither sisters are having a great time, though

me? well, there's a lot of sighing involved

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    LabelLabel Registered User regular
    Perhaps you can find a tailor to make you something custom?

• Options
    how much would it cost to get an entire wardrobe custom made I wonder

• Options
    MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    I have a consult for Invisalign tomorrow. Gonna get my janky teeth fixed.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    also, not sure if it's a japanese fashion thing or just a fashion faux pax on a cultural scale, but they wear their tie clips so low here

like here, where it shows 'too low'? like that, and it's every single person with a tie clip (which is not to say every single person with a tie)

among the many strange things about japan, this is the one petty nagging thing that sticks out to me

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Solar wrote: »
    Would anyone like to play a game

Of

Mornington Crescent

I believe in this thread it's more properly Mornington Cravat

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    also, not sure if it's a japanese fashion thing or just a fashion faux pax on a cultural scale, but they wear their tie clips so low here

like here, where it shows 'too low'? like that, and it's every single person with a tie clip (which is not to say every single person with a tie)

among the many strange things about japan, this is the one petty nagging thing that sticks out to me

Sounds more like a Japanese thing than a faux pas, if it's consistently in the same place or close to it.

Skeith on
    aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    SO I decided to try out nail powder for the first time! Nail powder can get you some freakin' amazing effects, like the most metallic chrome that you can't match with polish alone. Chrome powder shows every imperfection and gets everywhere, but I'm really loving the effect! (kindly ignore my glittery palm)

SHINY AND CHROME

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    how much would it cost to get an entire wardrobe custom made I wonder

$Texas.

• Options

If I had never worn a tie clip, that is probably exactly where I'd put it.

This discussion has been closed.