As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bundle up tight and abandon [Fashion] for warmth

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    But how do you get it so it's always pointing in the correct direction?

Well, uh, see, the needle is magnetized and floats, so it will be automatically pulled in the direction of the nearest magnetic pole and

I really feel like your school system may have failed you here.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular

Well, uh, see, the needle is magnetized and floats, so it will be automatically pulled in the direction of the nearest magnetic pole and

I know how compasses work

They're magic

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular

I'm hoping that's why the second hand spans the entire length and someone just didn't think really well about the render.

One's the second hand and one's the compass needle.

I hope!

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    I think it's just a plain ole watch with a fun/different face. But it would be cool if there was a working compass piece within it!

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I want a purely mechanical watch design that identifies longitude so you can account for time-zone shifts.

No, I haven't thought through how that would work and also be small enough to fit on your wrist. Shut up.

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    What's the point of wearing a watch if it is not small and blue and cute?

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Sorce wrote: »
    If it wasn't for the smartphone, I'd say that picture was taken in the 70s. Missing that incredible handlebar mustache, though.

Totally getting a Mr. Kotter vibe from that photo.

And with Zonugal doing substitute teaching...

Sort-of fashion story time:

Growing up, my mom had a "rag drawer" that was mostly filled with old t-shirts that she used to clean up messes and whatnot instead of paper towels. One of those rags was an old t-shirt with glossy image on the front of a cartoon 70s-looking bunch of people that made no sense to me. That shirt made no sense until, that is, Nick and Night started showing Welcome Back Kotter reruns when I was in high school. Then I knew what the "Sweathogs" were and very much wanted to find that t-shirt again. Sadly, it was missing from the rag drawer, no matter how hard I looked for it.

Cambiata on
    "If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    tynic wrote: »
    I want a purely mechanical watch design that identifies longitude so you can account for time-zone shifts.

No, I haven't thought through how that would work and also be small enough to fit on your wrist. Shut up.

At first I was like "how small can we make a GPS..." and then I reread your emphasis and went, "oh".

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I don't own a watch because I don't know how to buy a watch (and also I am extremely picky with aesthetics)

But I have an enduring fondness for Projects Watches, which all tend to have a sort of weird non-standard functionality

600-Vault.jpg
    past-present-future-33mm-leather.jpg
    601-White.jpg

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    oh shit yeah, I love those guys.

I have an inordinate fondness for watches that are unnecessarily hard to read, but look cool.
    My current watch is actually kind of perfect that way, but it's mostly a pedometer so I chiefly wear it on my ankle, which defeats some of the purpose.

My ankle is extremely punctual, though.

• Options
    wearing a watch on my ankle would make my ankle super itchy

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Seems like a good way to run out the clock1!!!!

• Options
    who let chico in here

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    edited September 2017

I have an inordinate fondness for watches that are unnecessarily hard to read, but look cool.
    My current watch is actually kind of perfect that way, but it's mostly a pedometer so I chiefly wear it on my ankle, which defeats some of the purpose.

What about wall-mounted clocks?

https://youtu.be/VvVigAr4hZc?t=661

(at 11:01)

Psykoma on
  • Options
    LabelLabel Registered User regular
    An analog watch doubling as a compass is redundant. It is very easy to tell which way is north using a normal analog watch and the sun.

http://www.wikihow.com/Use-an-Analog-Watch-as-a-Compass

Daylight savings time can fuck with you a little though, yet another reason it should burn.

Knowing this information has yet to help in romantic endeavors, but I remain hopeful.

• Options
    If the sun is out I don't need a compass in the first place

• Options
    cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    If I don't work for the two weeks of winter break in December I could absolutely grow out a mustache to go with that aesthetic.

not to put too fine a point on it but somehow I feel like people shouldn't be encouraging you to cross that thin line into Matt McConaughey in Dazed and Confused territory

• Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular

sure, that's why you wear a movement tracker on your ankle

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    So my folks went to an 80's-themed kegger this past Sunday and part of my dad's outfit was a sweet pleather jacket from the late 70's.

He gave it to me today.

And it feels so cool.

I am drawn to adventure in it.

Update! It's actual authentic leather!

Leather_Jacket.jpg

THAT BELONGS IN A MUSEUM

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    That second gown....

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    That second gown....

I honestly cannot tell if she's on stilts, if my eyes just can't nail her proportions down correctly, or if there's a second person inside there controlling the legs. It is breaking my poor, addled mind.

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Platform shoes, I'm pretty sure

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Second gown appeared in the cosplay of nations, I'm sure of it.

Edit: Yep, 2012. That was a really good year: (potentially NSFW for skimpy costumes. But no nips showing or anything like that) http://tomandlorenzo.com/2012/12/miss-universe-national-costume-2012-part-2/

Cambiata on
    "If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Holy shit.

Holy shit.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    For once, the common misspelling of "rogue" actually fits!

• Options
    As the resident Miss Universe historian,

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    I gave myself a haircut. that might have been a bad idea! but hair grows back. I was not skilled enough to give myself a killer mohawk before cutting it all off sadly

• Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular
    A DIY mohawk being a little rough around the edges just makes it more authentic.

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    the back was way too hard and where I messed up a bit. you're looking in a reverse mirror trying to do the left side with your right hand and your brain does not understand

• Options
    Yeah, it's really tough to get that part right

• Options
    edited September 2017
    Oh, that's why everyone is double posting today

Straightzi on
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Because...

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    "The HtmLawed plugin doesn't have a plugin class."

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    I got my hair to kinda look okay/good last night. But it was 2AM and I immediately went to sleep.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    SO I decided to try out nail powder for the first time! Nail powder can get you some freakin' amazing effects, like the most metallic chrome that you can't match with polish alone. Chrome powder shows every imperfection and gets everywhere, but I'm really loving the effect! (kindly ignore my glittery palm)

1brpp8jgs5j2.jpg
    3f1xnfqg7jvs.jpg

THE CLAWWWW
    n0qav02qbmfp.jpg

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    SO I decided to try out nail powder for the first time! Nail powder can get you some freakin' amazing effects, like the most metallic chrome that you can't match with polish alone. Chrome powder shows every imperfection and gets everywhere, but I'm really loving the effect! (kindly ignore my glittery palm)

1brpp8jgs5j2.jpg
    3f1xnfqg7jvs.jpg

THE CLAWWWW
    n0qav02qbmfp.jpg

What

What

I NEED THIS

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    When you need a mirror on the go but don't want to carry one in your purse. Those are shiny as fuck.

bowen on
  • Options
    Wait a minute

was that a Liar Liar reference?

This discussion has been closed.