Options

Bundle up tight and abandon [Fashion] for warmth

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    grrmusha wrote: »
    Also add in greys and black and white, because those work on everyone.
    Some people look tired/washed out as heck in black and white. Usually us who look good in earth tones.

That's a good point. I can wear black, but I have b to be judicious or I look like a goth waitress.

• Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    Some people look tired/washed out as heck in black and white. Usually us who look good in earth tones.

Eh, I guess that's a personal thing, then. I haven't noticed that on myself, and everytime I see one of those colors on anybody else, it's looked fine to me. To each their own, I guess!

• Options
    edited September 2017
    White is definitely tricky for a lot of people too.

Also there is a particular shade of grey which makes my tits look huge. I can't explain it.

tynic on
  • Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    I don't understand the naming seasons/colours. Apparently I am a "summer" but I am light toned and have no warmth, I would have thought you'd call it winter cause of that.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Most guides will say I'm an autumn type because of my sallow complexion

But I'm deffo a winter type

• Options
    Liiya wrote: »
    I don't understand the naming seasons/colours. Apparently I am a "summer" but I am light toned and have no warmth, I would have thought you'd call it winter cause of that.

I always assumed it was based off of the season that the color palette reflects best, rather than a reference to the person's own tones and colors.

• Options
    tynic wrote: »

Also there is a particular shade of grey which makes my tits look huge. I can't explain it.

White is mainly hard for me because it never manages to stay white. Pasta sauce ALWAYS finds a way. :mad:

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    I am actually going through a process of restyling my entire wardrobe right now and I've selected a colour palette for myself! It is

Blues of pretty much all types, sea greens and coal black greens, white, black, smooth greys, brown or black for leather

• Options
    edited September 2017
    Think I occasionally might expand to creams and yellows as colour splashes

I was browsing the interwebz last week and found an amazing top which I really wanted but literally nowhere had it in stock around the entire world

I already showed Liiya and Angelina. In fact I may have already posted it here. I'm weirdly enamoured with it.

21641533_10159446287445232_157679304_n.png?oh=b7283f45c064130e64781e77db901ab5&oe=59D10C0C

Solar on
  • Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Liiya wrote: »

I always assumed it was based off of the season that the color palette reflects best, rather than a reference to the person's own tones and colors.

OH.

I did not realise that!

• Options
    grrmushagrrmusha Registered User regular
    there is a particular shade of grey which makes my tits look huge.
    *innocent look* um, what shade?

• Options
    D1CDCD and close neighbours.

• Options
    I just googled it and it makes my computer screen look massive

pretty weird

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I say why not dress with a superhero's color palette

Like.. 1970s superman or 2010s superman?

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options

White makes me look like I'm the size of a blue whale instead of an orca.

I feel like white is for people who are underweight and desperately trying to look normal weight.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    I say why not dress with a superhero's color palette

Like.. 1970s superman or 2010s superman?

2010s movie Superman, no
    2010s comic Superman, yes

• Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular

I feel like white is for people who are underweight and desperately trying to look normal weight.
    or y'know we could not judge based on weight

lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    pooka wrote: »

or y'know we could not judge based on weight

you're right, I'm sorry

it just makes me look really bad and I hate it

• Options
    stark white looks good on passably (pleasingly, autocorrect?) few people

even if you're required to wear a white dress shirt for work or some formal occasion, you can typically find a shade that is flattering. it's not always the cheapest option or easiest to find locally, but it can be done. and dressing well is its own reward, if you care about such things.

if you're not somehow required to wear it and it makes you feel bad, don't! plenty of colors to choose from.

lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    I did have one job where I had to wear a white long sleeve dress shirt every day.

It was fucking awful.

that was awful of me to say though

• Options
    you didn't commit a war crime, you said something thoughtless and judgmental

just try to do better in future

lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    I like to wear a white dress shirt and a black tie.

• Options
    I'm pretty sure the boss that was in charge of that was one of those weird mormon sect offshoots so that might explain it.

They went to church at least 4 times a week and it was weird.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular

That's a good point. I can wear black, but I have b to be judicious or I look like a goth waitress.

goth waitress is best

let's all be goth waitress

1497778249577.jpg

• Options
    edited September 2017
    http://www.livingwrd.org/index.html

this was that boss' church

It is super creepy and like lots of business people (at least upper management that had budget power) were part of it in the area. So they'd all trade business with each other on their boss' dime. It had a weird almost scientologist feel to it, but also very christiany... so that makes me think some weird mormon sect in syracuse.

bowen on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    I got to dress all fancy for officiating my friend's wedding.

I need to find more excuses to wear my nice suit:
    bPDNQBm.jpg

• Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »

goth waitress is best

1497778249577.jpg

Jesus christ don't encourage her.

• Options
    edited September 2017
    that isn't a ryuk cosplay?

...oh god why do I know what that is

bowen on
  • Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Juggernut wrote: »
    Juggernut wrote: »
    Olive green is officially my color.

Just call me Sgt. Fabulous

It occurs to me I quoted myself. That was not who I intended to quote.

Forgive me.

• Options
    DrZiplock wrote: »

goth waitress is best

1497778249577.jpg

e3oqt3683uwn.jpg

• Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    Jewel toned red and royal blue look pretty good on me. Both colors tend to make my eyes stand out.

I was wearing a royal blue dress at work the other day and a coworker couldn't remember what he was saying because he looked me in the eyes.

I plan on harnessing this power for evil.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    What is a jewel tone

• Options
    What is a jewel tone

New-New-Arrivals-Iron-Man-font-b-Tony-b-font-font-b-Stark-b-font-Mask.jpg

• Options
    Why does iron man look like he just ate a bag of reese's peanut butter cups

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    I know nothing about what color goes with what, or which color is best for my skintone, but I have this whole thing about blue:

1. Once at swim practice in college, a girl wore a robin's egg blue suit (literally just the once though) and I could not stop looking at her the entire time. It wasn't even a matter of attraction, my eyes were just drawn in that direction. At some point I was consciously trying to look at anything else and still failing.

2. I once asked a fashion expert friend to take me clothes shopping. Instead of literally just telling me what to buy (which is what I wanted), he took me to H&M and told me to grab anything that appealed to me and bring it back to him, in an attempt to find my style. Without me even noticing, everything I brought to him was blue. He pointed it out and told me to switch it up. I traded a few shirts with some on the racks and somehow still brought him nothing but blue (one was blue/green and was about the most deviation my brain would allow for).

3. I've noticed over the years that girls (sometimes romantic interests, but usually not) will remark that my eyes are "really blue" or "really pretty" when I wear a blue shirt. I'm already drawn to blue as it is, but I specifically try to wear a blue shirt for auditions and pretty girls.

I don't really know what the deal is. I do know that I don't like red, yellow, or orange and maybe blue is just pretty much all that's left?

• Options
    Raw ConcreteRaw Concrete Registered User regular
    Why does iron man look like he just ate a bag of reese's peanut butter cups
    You got your peanut butter in my scotch!

Oh, come and shake me 'till I'm dry
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    DrZiplock wrote: »

goth waitress is best

1497778249577.jpg

e3oqt3683uwn.jpg

are we just posting death note cosplays now

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular

Boy, that sounds like a real payne!

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    I look good in blue, in case anyone was wondering.

• Options
    pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    I try to avoid blue shirts cos I look enough like an IT person already. But then I end up wearing a lot of black pants and black polos anyway, so.. Oh well.

This discussion has been closed.