Options

[Total War] Roman man-things main-kill each other in Empire Divided for Rome II!

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Skaven cities look like ruins to other players, until you try to settle them.

• Options
    IblisIblis Registered User regular
    Ah, that makes sense.

Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »

That is a fucking awesome idea.

• Options
    It sounds like Skaven are going to have a powerful army but huge public order and disloyalty problems that mean they spend most of their time fighting amongst themselves.

Which, perfect.

• Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    Been really enjoying my Wulfric campaign. I decided I would make a far better Everchosen than old Archie. After rounding up each and every chaos soldier, the gods declared me the Everchosen and all my armies are now effectively free. The -75% upkeep from being the everchosen stacks with all the other upkeep reducers I've taken throughout the game. I went from -7500gpt to +10000gpt in just a single turn.

I've been taking it easy on everyone to the south for far too long. I'm going to keep raising armies until I either break the game or win.

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Fiatil wrote: »
    Goumindong wrote: »
    Asthariel wrote: »
    I started playing first game recently. Because I like challenge, I tried to play in hard, even though its my first Total War game, but so far each battle I fight ends wih my loses as high as the loses of enemy, even when I have twice the army he has. Should I swallow my pride and restart on normal difficulty, or should I just read or watch some guides about how to properly play TW to become better?

Something to note: you can change the campaign and battle gameplay can be changed independently after you've actually started a game. Battle difficulties above normal just straight up give the enemy units better stats which might be contributing to your difficulties. Personally, I'd set battles to normal regardless of whatever overall difficulty you're playing on.

Something to note: you cannot actually do this; the slider is broken and only gives a minor leadership bonus.

So if you start on Very hard and lower the battle difficulty to Hard using the slider, does it replace the very hard difficulty with a broken minor leadership bonus? Does it do nothing at all, or some other alternative?

Ok so normally there are modifiers Leadership, Charge Bonus, Melee Attack, Melee Defence, Melee Damage, and Reload Time. The Battle Difficulty Slider only changes the leadership and IIRC ONLY the portion attributed to yourself.

That is:

Easy +8, -8
    Normal, 0,0
    Hard 0,5
    VHard -5,10

So if you start on Very Hard and lower the slider to Hard you will give yourself +5 to Leadership. If you start on any other difficulty you will only reduce your leadership by 5 by moving the slider to "very hard"

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/comment/1831705#Comment_1831705

Has a CA dude claiming that this may be fixed in WH2... well at least the values will be open to the database so if the slider doesn't work we can at least fix it ourselves (currently it could be possible but it would involve a LOT of database work since you would have to copy all bonus and AI behavior over to the new difficulty and you would need a different mod for each campaign difficulty level

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    Mr RayMr Ray Sarcasm sphereRegistered User regular
    Is it just me, or do Norsca get a lot more events than any of the other factions? It seems like I'm getting one every 4 or 5 turns. I can't complain too much though since I've currently got the "+2 Rank for all Marauder recruits for 10 turns" one. I've also got a leader that I've stacked with +Rank items, followers and abilities, and a tech that increases Marauder recruit rank. The upshot of this is that I now have a full stack of two gold chevron Marauder Champions.

• Options
    So looking at the trailer it did not show off rattling gunners or warplock jezzails. Might just be they weren't featured but are part of the roster, but would not be surprised if the inevitable lord pack for Skaven is Skryer themed with Ikit Claw. Could add those guys in as well as warlock engineers and I could easily see them giving him a bunch of bonuses to create a really goddamn shooty army. If they did that with Thanquol as FLC, think I would be overall ridiculously happy with the Skaven roster.

• Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    There's also the question of Skavenblight, which is currently a ruined city on the Warhammer 1 Old World map. Seeing as how important it is to the lore, do you think maybe there will be free DLC with a Lord on the Old World map, or maybe an End Times DLC? Or maybe Skavenblight is just another Ruins that you can occupy as the Skaven if you have both games and doesn't have any unique missions/buildings.

• Options
    I think they've said on the combined map some of the lords might be moved. So the general assumption I've seen is that one of the Skaven lords will be moved to Skavenblight on the old world portion of the combined campaign.

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Zavian wrote: »
    There's also the question of Skavenblight, which is currently a ruined city on the Warhammer 1 Old World map. Seeing as how important it is to the lore, do you think maybe there will be free DLC with a Lord on the Old World map, or maybe an End Times DLC? Or maybe Skavenblight is just another Ruins that you can occupy as the Skaven if you have both games and doesn't have any unique missions/buildings.

Skavenblight's bound to be a big deal. Lorewise, its in a swamp so hostile no other race can cross it, much less live there, and its like the Skaven megatropolis. All roads lead to Skavenblight in the Under-Empire. It'll be a missed opportunity to not give it some major gameplay element.

If the 2nd game is primarily about the New World, it makes sense for the Skaven to be focused heavily on Mors and Pestilens. Lorewise Pestilens have the most holdings in Lustria, making their lands the perfect focus for the Skaven, plus Clan Mors is a mercenary clan and used to fighting everywhere, so its also easy to justify them being away from the Old World. In a full world map campaign, either Queek or the Pestilens lord (Skrolk, I'm assuming, don't know for sure) could easily be moved to Skavenblight - I think I read that a full world campaign won't include the Vortex mechanic, so there's no need to have the skaven lords be in the New World.

Also, Thanquol is bound to be a DLC lord at somepoint, and it would make the most sense for him to start at Skavenblight, since that's where his missions and campaigns in lore always begin.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    That Doomwheel in the trailer is the besssssss.

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Though I am excited for Skaven I am finding with my play style I am more excited for Dark Elves and Lizardmen at this point. Give me the dinosaurs and give me crossbows.

Still doomwheels look so cool.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    Skaven might be the first evil race I'm interested in playing. The voice acting from the intro helped with that as did Queek's manic laughter.

• Options
    SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
    Skaven clans revealed!

klay94wba472.jpg

• Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    Iblis wrote: »
    Oh shit, new part of the ritual as well. It reveals...
    The campaign intro video. Which has some... interesting information. As it appears to feature Queek and Skrolk, but more heavily features a Gray Seer. Unnamed, but quite possibly Thanquol. It is a bit hard to understand them, but I think they plan on gathering warpstone to summon a Verminlord to go after the vortex.
    Grey Seer is probably Kritislik, Lord of the Grey Seers and one of the Council of Thirteen.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Foefaller wrote: »
    Iblis wrote: »
    Oh shit, new part of the ritual as well. It reveals...
    The campaign intro video. Which has some... interesting information. As it appears to feature Queek and Skrolk, but more heavily features a Gray Seer. Unnamed, but quite possibly Thanquol. It is a bit hard to understand them, but I think they plan on gathering warpstone to summon a Verminlord to go after the vortex.
    Grey Seer is probably Kritislik, Lord of the Grey Seers and one of the Council of Thirteen.
    Kritislik shows up in the trailer too, but the Grey Seer actually ordering Queek and Skrolk around looks noticeably different.

• Options
    Wiping out Chaos and becoming the new Everchosen has been great for cleaning the trash out of my old armies. I was able to throw a couple of stacks of early game units their way to slow down their 6 entire stacks. It was enough to get another 3 stacks in position to start doing some real damage. I ended up wiping Chaos in ~10 turns. It helped that they made a beeline directly for my territory, ignoring everyone to the south. The final showdown was 2 half stacks, some remnants, and a full stack of Chaos vs my 2 stacks of top tier units. A favored strategy for this was making an entire stack of human troops with an entire stack of monster troops as backup.

Once Chaos was wiped I consolidated everything into 4 full stacks and started heading south. Back north I started raising another 2 stacks of elite troops. My first battle was against a stack of shielded spearmen. It was ugly. Tonight I intend to wipe out the Empire than forge south to Bretonnia.

• Options
    Watch-See magnificent Lord Skrolk kill-maim nasty Lizard-things!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAeioa7-5no

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Oh my God the abomination looks grosser than I could possibly have imagined.

• Options
    Ahahaha look at the big funny froggy! Ok I'm done, I will not live tweet this video I swear.

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    What are the starting factions for all races?

Also Clan Mors is my jam so I'll be leading them.

• Options
    God damn it do Youtubers really have this game already? Motherfuckers...

• Options
    God damn it do Youtubers really have this game already? Motherfuckers...

The big channels have been invited to private events where they got to play the game and give feedback. This might be footage from one of those events.

• Options
    I hope so, if PartyElite already has his own copy to play at home he's a dead man.

• Options
    BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    I love how the Skaven lord's inspiring pre-battle speech doesn't even mention anyone other than him. it's all "me! ME! I'm important and the things I want are important!"

• Options
    I'd love the return of procedurally generated lord speeches for every battle, but I understand why it won't happen.

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Watch-See magnificent Lord Skrolk kill-maim nasty Lizard-things!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAeioa7-5no

Skrolk wants powdered bone to restore his 'Rod of Corruption'...?

...hur hur hur.

But also, animal poaching for traditional medicine is wrong.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular

But you'll be able to tell if a ruin is a city based on the Skaven corruption.

• Options
    kaliyamakaliyama Left to find less-moderated fora Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Though I am excited for Skaven I am finding with my play style I am more excited for Dark Elves and Lizardmen at this point. Give me the dinosaurs and give me crossbows.

Still doomwheels look so cool.

My favorite thing in Blood Bowl is injuring gutter runners, so looking forward to fighting skaven at least.

fwKS7.png?1
  • Options
    SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
    Some Skaven campaign gameplay:

https://youtu.be/Lr-bL1qeSqQ

• Options
    With all the videos out now people have put together all the standard recruitable units for the Skaven. Rattling gunners and jezzails are missing, so Skryer themed DLC does seem quite likely.

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    So there was a good reason to only publish Skaven info this late...because I don't think I could handle more than 5 weeks of not playing skaven without exploding.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJPFSNu_QNs

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    "The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    I hope so, if PartyElite already has his own copy to play at home he's a dead man.

It looks like there was indeed an event last week that all the big Youtubers were invited to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpXjcamSGEQ

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    I need a Thanquol and Boneripper appearance. Possibly as DLC as a hero or legendary lord, but Thanquol and Boneripper have to be a part of the Skaven playable race at some point. Bonus points if every time Boneripper dies he comes back in either a different one of his canon appearances or in like a different procedurally generated form from a unique set of Rat Ogre parts.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    Waffles or whateverWaffles or whatever Previously known as, I shit you not, "Waffen" Registered User regular
    I cannot wait to smash Skaven as the Dwarves. Skaven's gonna be my favorite race to kill next to Chaos.

• Options
    Based off PartyElite's video, in TWWII armies in march stance will not be able to retreat when attacked, and will be wiped out in a single battle should they lose, ala Underway interception.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KruiteKruite Registered User regular
    Based off PartyElite's video, in TWWII armies in march stance will not be able to retreat when attacked, and will be wiped out in a single battle should they lose, ala Underway interception.

Oh god finally

• Options
    KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    The UI upgrades make me happy. It's tiny things like putting the pop-up screen on the side and the turn options but it really does help.

Also seeing that quest battle makes me hope for an eventual Victoria Total War more. I would love to fight in jungle environments w/ rifles and cannon. Even if they have to fudge it history wise like FOTS to give everyone a fighting chance.

Edit: I know I keep having posts about wanting this game or that, but I'm just so happy with CA right now. I want to see more of what they can do.

Kadoken on
This discussion has been closed.