As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

vengeance is [chat]

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    I saw rogue one and where the eff were the bothans

What are Bothans? Those little guys manning the incinerator in Cloud City?

The things that died to get the information about the second death star.

I also thought they got the original plans so was sad not see endless dog men die in rogue one

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Can you somehow copy it so the copied err copy resolves first and just win the game?

Not necessary the entire format is cycling and milling

It's easy to get 7 deep

That's what your sister said heyoooo

But no you have to play it right

OnTheLastCastle on
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Can you somehow copy it so the copied err copy resolves first and just win the game?

Not necessary the entire format is cycling and milling

It's easy to get 7 deep

That's what your sister said heyoooo

But no you have to play it right

Play it right, huh.

*continues to not play MTG*

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    No I mean "you have to play it, right"

It's a question sort of more of a statement

It's super easy actually

• Options
    No I mean "you have to play it, right"

It's a question sort of more of a statement

It's super easy actually

I read it as the second copy or instance of the spell has to be from hand but the first copy can come from anywhere.

• Options
    You cast things from your hand unless an effect says something like remove this from play you may cast it blah blah

It will say cast

Those are super rare

Easiest to draw and cast. I doubt any cheating to cast early then you cast again would exist in standard or draft.

• Options
    Oh man Yoshi's Island is super fun.

• Options
    FroThulhuFroThulhu Registered User regular
    Godammit

I just had the conversation with Vince re: my last job, the one that landed me homeless when I was summarily 'let go,' had me doing unlicensed electrical and plumbing work. Which I have never done before.

Plus carpentry.

For $12/hour

Fuck

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Honk wrote: »
    Honk wrote: »
    Wait why would u rename paracetamol?

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAVBAAAAJDlkYzgwYjBiLTMxZjYtNGQyOC05YWViLWI3YjZjOTgxNGM3Mg.png

"The common knowledge not to overdose and get liver failure from this substance is hurting our sales"?

it's just called that because they wanted to be special. It's not common knowledge what paracetamol does in the US for the exact same reason it's not common knowledge what acetaminophen does in the entire rest of the world.

It's just a different name. Which both have the same origin, btw:

N-acetyl-para-acetylaminophenol
    N-acetyl-para-acetylaminophenol

ftOqU21.png
  • Options

More fun than magic definitely

• Options
    edited May 2017

More fun than magic definitely

The GBA port cost me $8.67 total

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    also just for reference everybody because it's good to know
    Acetaminophen single doses above 10 grams or chronic doses over 5 grams per day in a well-nourished non-consumer of alcohol, or above 4 grams per day in a poorly nourished consumer of alcohol, can cause significant injury to the liver. Without timely treatment, acetaminophen overdoses can lead to liver failure and death within days.
    [...]
    The toxic dose of acetaminophen is highly variable. In adults, single doses above 10 grams or 140 mg/kg have a reasonable likelihood of causing toxicity. In adults, single doses of more than 25 grams have a high risk of lethality. Toxicity can also occur when multiple smaller doses within 24 hours exceed these levels, or even with chronic ingestion of smaller doses. However, unintentional paracetamol overdose in children rarely causes illness or death. This may be due in part to the immature cytochrome P450 (CYP) enzyme system in children.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    I'm not sure, but I think the copy negates the "Cast from hand" clause. My current brew is an Aetherworks Marvel deck that is designed to ramp into Approach of the Second Sun, then chunk an Aetherworks Marvel tap to get rid of the top 6 cards so that I can draw Approach again immediately the next turn. It's not as flashy as instant win combos, but if you are running Marvel, you are probably winning through an Ulamog or other gigantor creature anyway. This just seals the deal.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    I'm pretty offended at this racism against Bothans.

You all are disgusting.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    Wait, an instant effect that copies Approach will go on the stack, and get resolved first. Hrm. I guess then it becomes whether the copy becomes an Approach or retains its original name.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    to sum that up, stuff your kid to the gills with pills when they're sick and send them to school and tell them to quit whining

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    Wait, an instant effect that copies Approach will go on the stack, and get resolved first. Hrm. I guess then it becomes whether the copy becomes an Approach or retains its original name.

I have a high ranking judge on call batsignal me tomorrow if you actually want an answer w your specific query

• Options
    From what I'm reading, copies of Approach don't count for the purposes of casting it for the win condition or for the "first" casting of it, but a COUNTERED Approach of the Second Sun fully counts for the first casting. If you have the mana, you can cast Approach, cast Failure to bounce it back into your hand, then cast it again the next turn to win.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    Also I'm going to trade in this mint genesis shadowrun game I got at goodwill for $4 for something real good tomorrow I hope

This shit is dope. Miiiiiint. Had it for a few months just admiring it.

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Nq69G4G.png

helllllllllllllllllllllp

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    From what I'm reading, copies of Approach don't count for the purposes of casting it for the win condition or for the "first" casting of it, but a COUNTERED Approach of the Second Sun fully counts for the first casting. If you have the mana, you can cast Approach, cast Failure to bounce it back into your hand, then cast it again the next turn to win.

A copy is not ever casting

• Options
    It is often played but not cast

• Options
    But I am super rusty and the rules were always meant to be broken when I existed

A true planeswalker

• Options
    To cast is from a discrete zone

Hand
    Graveyard
    Exile

• Options
    Perhaps even your own butt if you are that powerful

Goodnight

• Options
    FroThulhuFroThulhu Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    I'm pretty offended at this racism against Bothans.

You all are disgusting.

I run on a pro-Ewok platform. I also campaign against Bothanslaughter. I believe we must stop sinking our budget into moon-sized superweapons, and divert funding toward Bacta resources.

FroThulhu 'Long Ago

"Feel the Fro"

FroThulhu on
  • Options
    I'm picturing a brew with a butt-ton of servos (Cogworker's Puzzleknot, Servo Exhibition, Sram's Expertise, Servo Blueprint), that artifact from Aether Revolt (Inspiring Statuary? I think?) that gives Improvise to non-artifact spells, and Approach of the Second Sun. You could go mono-white, but I think Blue/White (add more card draw to get to the next copy) or Green/White (Energy cards + Marvel) would work better.

Probably too impractical for prime time, but it would be neat.

The other brew I'm working on is a Paradox Engine + Oracle Vault build. Once you get that third brick counter on an Oracle Vault and you have a Paradox Engine on the table, you can cast your entire deck all the way up until you hit a land. With enough scry or land-thinning, you can keep the combo going for as long as you want.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    The bathtub lays on its back, its belly baking in the hot sun, beating its legs trying to turn itself over. But it can't. Not without your help. But you're not helping.

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »
    The bathtub lays on its back, its belly baking in the hot sun, beating its legs trying to turn itself over. But it can't. Not without your help. But you're not helping.

The logical response to this statement is to shoot you

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Ibuprofen, you're my only friend

*goes back to bed*

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    One of my favourite Wookieepedia things is that the entry for Bothans in the EU is seven thousand words long with detailed history, biology, role as spies in the galactic political scene, etc.

and then you click over to the Star Wars "canon" entry and it's about a hundred words long and basically boils down to "many Bothans died to bring the Rebel Alliance information on the Death Star."

• Options
    edited May 2017
    It is often played but not cast

No, "play" is the old terminology, now it is "cast". If it went on the stack at all, regardless from originating point, it was cast.

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    One of my favourite Wookieepedia things is that the entry for Bothans in the EU is seven thousand words long with detailed history, biology, role as spies in the galactic political scene, etc.

and then you click over to the Star Wars "canon" entry and it's about a hundred words long and basically boils down to "many Bothans died to bring the Rebel Alliance information on the Death Star."

Did you know the werewolf at the cantina was (probably) involved with one or both of the Death Stars in some way and/or was force sensitive?

This is my cynical approach to the Star Wars EU.

• Options

Did you know the werewolf at the cantina was (probably) involved with one or both of the Death Stars in some way and/or was force sensitive?

Did you know that IG-88 the assassin droid ended up taking control of the second Death Star moments before it blew up? :rotate:

• Options
    Echo wrote: »

Did you know that IG-88 the assassin droid ended up taking control of the second Death Star moments before it blew up? :rotate:

Was that between the brief and glorious reigns of "Must be another drill" Stormtrooper and the one that personally executed Aunt Beru?

• Options
    Echo wrote: »

I wonder if FFG's X-Wing game is considered canon or not, it has IG-88 A through D.

• Options
    Every single character at the cantina has a detailed backstory in the EU.

Osf9cMfm.pngD1msfoWm.png

For example, remember these two characters? Though criminally under-developed in the main films, Feltipern Trevagg (left) and M'iiyoom Onith (right) actually have a deep and tantilising story of love and sex!
    Feltipern Trevagg, a Gotal tax collector, is working when he meets M'iiyoom Onith, a female H'nemthe. He is immediately attracted to her. She has missed her flight, and he says that he can get her another tomorrow. Then he offers to take her out to lunch, where he confesses that he loves her. She is happy, and eagerly agrees to marry him, not knowing he really only wants her for a night. As he passes his office, he sees his co-worker Predne Balu, who angrily tries to tell him something: a warning. He does not listen and heads off with his lover. That night, Feltipern is devoured by M'iiyoom as part of a H'nemthe mating ritual. The next day, when his body is found, Wuher and Predne can only stare, amazed he did not know of the H'nemthe's curious mating ritual.

• Options
    Now every time you watch A New Hope, remember: those two aliens fuck.

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Fyre Festival employees said planning for the event took on the feel of an extended Spring Break frat party. McFarland and members of his team would fly down “every other weekend for lavish vacations” on nearby islands, but only male employees and models were allowed to go. “Billy would take all the boys down there, it would be boys only,” the employee said. “They talk about f—ing bitches and hoes in conference meetings.”

https://news.vice.com/story/fyre-fest-organizers-blew-all-their-money-months-early-on-models-planes-and-yachts

I buy it.

@Tav

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4X7opDapyE

Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
This discussion has been closed.