As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

vengeance is [chat]

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited May 2017
    IG-2000 has a pretty cool special rule. IG-88 units A through D each have their own unique pilot ability, and then:

0bviDyw.png

Echo on
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »
    One of my favourite Wookieepedia things is that the entry for Bothans in the EU is seven thousand words long with detailed history, biology, role as spies in the galactic political scene, etc.

and then you click over to the Star Wars "canon" entry and it's about a hundred words long and basically boils down to "many Bothans died to bring the Rebel Alliance information on the Death Star."

Wookipedia is a testament to futilty

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    “There was no infrastructure to even support the equipment. They didn’t even have a loading dock, they had no understanding of what vehicles were on the island to even move the stuff off the ship once it got there,” said the supplier. “They said stuff like, ‘Don’t worry about customs; it’s only for a weekend, you don’t have to worry about customs.”

It turns out customs was something Billy McFarland, Fyre Festival’s 25-year-old founder, should have worried about. On Saturday, Bahamian officials shut down the ill-fated site. “Customs has the area on lockdown because Billy has not paid Customs duty taxes on the items that he imported,” the Bahamian Ministry of Tourism said in a statement obtained by ABC.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    wookipedia has an entry on boobs

override367 on
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    One of my favourite Wookieepedia things is that the entry for Bothans in the EU is seven thousand words long with detailed history, biology, role as spies in the galactic political scene, etc.

and then you click over to the Star Wars "canon" entry and it's about a hundred words long and basically boils down to "many Bothans died to bring the Rebel Alliance information on the Death Star."

Foo-Tilty sounds like a Hip-Hop Artist, apropos of nothing

• Options

I wonder if it still has a page about boobs.

fake edit: yep.

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    “There was no infrastructure to even support the equipment. They didn’t even have a loading dock, they had no understanding of what vehicles were on the island to even move the stuff off the ship once it got there,” said the supplier. “They said stuff like, ‘Don’t worry about customs; it’s only for a weekend, you don’t have to worry about customs.”

It turns out customs was something Billy McFarland, Fyre Festival’s 25-year-old founder, should have worried about. On Saturday, Bahamian officials shut down the ill-fated site. “Customs has the area on lockdown because Billy has not paid Customs duty taxes on the items that he imported,” the Bahamian Ministry of Tourism said in a statement obtained by ABC.

hahahah they tried to "just the tip" international business.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Fyre Festival is the textbook example of "I'm rich! I can imagine this into being!"

• Options
    edited May 2017
    Echo wrote: »
    Fyre Festival is the textbook example of "I'm rich! I can imagine this into being!"

I can't wait for the tell-all book and Big Short style diagesis-blending movie to come out

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular

presidential material there

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular

Misspelling 'fire' in the title was the first clue careful attention wasn't being paid to this music festival.

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Fyre Festival employees said planning for the event took on the feel of an extended Spring Break frat party. McFarland and members of his team would fly down “every other weekend for lavish vacations” on nearby islands, but only male employees and models were allowed to go. “Billy would take all the boys down there, it would be boys only,” the employee said. “They talk about f—ing bitches and hoes in conference meetings.”

https://news.vice.com/story/fyre-fest-organizers-blew-all-their-money-months-early-on-models-planes-and-yachts

I buy it.

Tav

99.jpg

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    Mortious wrote: »
    Fyre Festival employees said planning for the event took on the feel of an extended Spring Break frat party. McFarland and members of his team would fly down “every other weekend for lavish vacations” on nearby islands, but only male employees and models were allowed to go. “Billy would take all the boys down there, it would be boys only,” the employee said. “They talk about f—ing bitches and hoes in conference meetings.”

https://news.vice.com/story/fyre-fest-organizers-blew-all-their-money-months-early-on-models-planes-and-yachts

I buy it.

Tav

99.jpg

fyre.jpg?w=630&h=486&zc=1&s=0&a=t&q=89

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    They didn’t have any money. They kept paying the influencers and the models,” the employee said.

a sexy pyramid scheme

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    Speaking of out of touch rich people, I'm checking out Ivanka's book. It has a 9/10 opening.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options

I can't wait for the tell-all book and Big Short style diagesis-blending movie to come out

No facilities, no accommodations, no lights. My money is on organized criminals quietly sabotaging preparations. The right palms weren't greased.

That is a nice looking tent, though. Not a $3000 tent, of course, but a nice tent.

• Options
    Speaking of out of touch rich people, I'm checking out Ivanka's book. It has a 9/10 opening.

I hear she recommends hiring headhunters when you're out of a job. As in multiple ones.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »

No facilities, no accommodations, no lights. My money is on organized criminals quietly sabotaging preparations. The right palms weren't greased.

That is a nice looking tent, though. Not a $3000 tent, of course, but a nice tent.

that seems like an unneccessarily complicated explanation when "none of these people are organizers" will more than suffice

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    If Bin Laden had cited the existence of "influencers" in his manifesto I'd at least have heard him out.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    I had just decided to leave the Brooklyn-based real estate company Forest City Ratner, my first employer and professional home of the previous twelve months, to take the leap and join our family business. I had always intended to work at another firm for a while, to gather experience from a different perspective, and then to join my father and brother at The Trump Organization. But as the day approached, my mind swam with questions prompted by the unknown.

Take the leap, even with the trepidations of the unknown because you're about to start working for your dad. Ah, to be a woman who works.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    I enjoyed all those people losing their money and now I get to enjoy them suing the organizers just as much

it's win-win because I want everybody to lose

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    I enjoyed all those people losing their money and now I get to enjoy them suing the organizers just as much

Rich people getting screwed is my drug of choice.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options

Lawyers win tho

• Options

that seems like an unneccessarily complicated explanation when "none of these people are organizers" will more than suffice

That tell-all book would be three pages long.

• Options

Lawyers win tho

I hold no ill will towards lawyers

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    no event gets sadder than when the ball pit in a mini pool happens

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    Giggles_FunsworthGiggles_Funsworth Blight on Discourse Bay Area SprawlRegistered User regular

Nah. They planned the event for the same weekend as the Regatta, biggest annual event in the area. The organizers of the Fyre Festival actually inquired as to whether the Regatta could be rescheduled.

• Options
    edited May 2017

Nah. They planned the event for the same weekend as the Regatta, biggest annual event in the area. The organizers of the Fyre Festival actually inquired as to whether the Regatta could be rescheduled.

Yes I want Ryan Gosling talking to me directly and explaining why this is terrible.

Not necessarily on the screen, he can come round to my house and just talk to me about it. I'll listen.

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    My best friend organizes events for One and watching her facial expressions as she found out about Fyre Festival is a joy I'll hold dear for all my days.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Giggles_FunsworthGiggles_Funsworth Blight on Discourse Bay Area SprawlRegistered User regular
    My best friend organizes events for One and watching her facial expressions as she found out about Fyre Festival is a joy I'll hold dear for all my days.

It's really fucking incredible how bad a job they did.

• Options
    Ha, the pitch video hasn't been taken down? I suppose damage control professionals are telling the bigwigs to not destroy or remove anything until the lawsuits end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mz5kY3RsmKo

• Options

They're surplus disaster relief tents. 8->

• Options
    That tell-all book would be three pages long.

The other day I read an article by an organizer that quit within a few days.

It ends with "Also, they never made me sign an NDA!"

• Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular

I don't understand how they didn't see this coming. Like, they got millions in funding and immediately started spending it on themselves without being remotely interested in what anything would cost or what was likely to happen if they didn't deliver. Its amazing.

• Options

I don't understand how they didn't see this coming. Like, they got millions in funding and immediately started spending it on themselves without being remotely interested in what anything would cost or what was likely to happen if they didn't deliver. Its amazing.

"Ran out of budget? But we're rich!"

• Options
    edited May 2017
    NRK's live broadcast of the moving of the reindeer herds got cut off because of the cold. But not before one of the reindeer herders sent a message to his wife Rávdná through the broadcast.
    18094997_1319415968143358_408578160104308736_n.jpg

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular

It's the same kind of shit that happens when someone forgets they have to pay taxes on the money they make from their business. Happens all the goddamn time.

• Options
    I do wonder who the marginal beneficiary from being a "dancing model on a yacht" is

the model, or the modelling agency

does that change between being anonymous instagram starlet vs an A-lister

surely there's a great deal of lottery-like compensation in this industry

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    maybe the first thing a model buys if they strike a goldmine is a wealth advisor and a lawyer

(then a dress with more than three square inches of cloth in it)

which is perhaps why ratjowkowski's ad abided by fcc regs whilst the minor influencer ads didn't

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    ronya wrote: »
    maybe the first thing a model buys if they strike a goldmine is a wealth advisor and a lawyer

(then a dress with more than three square inches of cloth in it)

which is perhaps why ratjowkowski's ad abided by fcc regs whilst the minor influencer ads didn't

there may be a certain level of knowing your shit involved in making it big

ftOqU21.png
This discussion has been closed.