As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

vengeance is [chat]

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    My best friend organizes events for One and watching her facial expressions as she found out about Fyre Festival is a joy I'll hold dear for all my days.

It's really fucking incredible how bad a job they did.

I don't understand how they didn't see this coming. Like, they got millions in funding and immediately started spending it on themselves without being remotely interested in what anything would cost or what was likely to happen if they didn't deliver. Its amazing.

"Ran out of budget? But we're rich!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHHrJfFP3pg

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    In taking a step out of the nest, I filled out a form to change where I am registered to vote.

Norn Iron has no methods of doing this online, whilst the rest of the UK does. This is a dumb.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    I do wonder who the marginal beneficiary from being a "dancing model on a yacht" is

the model, or the modelling agency

does that change between being anonymous instagram starlet vs an A-lister

surely there's a great deal of lottery-like compensation in this industry

From the panicked reaction, I'd think the models.
    http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/05/fyre-festival-pitch-deck
    a few hours after the actual festival began, those same Fyre Starters who scammed all of their followers into buying tickets, quickly started deleting their promotional posts (that were never labeled as promotional). The few people who didn’t remove them, or seemingly forgot, were inundated with messages from fans telling them to delete the posts.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    http://www.politics.co.uk/blogs/2017/05/03/brexit-this-is-what-having-no-leverage-looks-like
    On a good day, where Britain thought hard about what it was trying to secure and how to secure it, there's a chance it could come out of that fight pretty well. The problem is not really size. The problem is that the British government is drunk.

It has been out of its mind on high-strength, cut-price nationalism for nearly a year now. It can barely make it through the morning without guzzling it down and spends the evenings sinking a couple of bottles before bedtime. It has turned into a real problem. Its friends need to sit it down and have a serious chat with it. It needs to ask itself why it emotionally feels the need to deal with problems in this way, what it could do to wean itself off it. But anyone who did try to sit it down and talk about its problem was treated as a Judas, failing to show it due loyalty.

Now the fight is happening and Britain has no leverage.

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    is your cakes drying out a common problem in your life? Well not anymore, because the optimal way to carve a slice and leave the cake has been engineered
    609715_v3.jpg

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    http://www.politics.co.uk/blogs/2017/05/03/brexit-this-is-what-having-no-leverage-looks-like
    On a good day, where Britain thought hard about what it was trying to secure and how to secure it, there's a chance it could come out of that fight pretty well. The problem is not really size. The problem is that the British government is drunk.

It has been out of its mind on high-strength, cut-price nationalism for nearly a year now. It can barely make it through the morning without guzzling it down and spends the evenings sinking a couple of bottles before bedtime. It has turned into a real problem. Its friends need to sit it down and have a serious chat with it. It needs to ask itself why it emotionally feels the need to deal with problems in this way, what it could do to wean itself off it. But anyone who did try to sit it down and talk about its problem was treated as a Judas, failing to show it due loyalty.

The BritPol thread is pretty depressing right now. But I can't accuse anyone in there of Doomsaying.

• Options

I distinctly remember the words "the EU needs the UK more than the UK needs the EU" from before the referendum

when it happened I thought, well, at least I get to enjoy the brits eating those words one grueling syllable at a time

because it is nice when something very stupid is said that will get unquestionably disproven

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    another favourite was May going "vote for us because that'll give us more leverage in the negotiations" and brussels immediately answering "no it won't, we really could not give less of a shit, who sits in your parliament is entirely irrelevant for us"

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Wait Emily Ratajkowski was involved with the Fyre Festival?

how do I retroactively buy a ticket

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    another favourite was May going "vote for us because that'll give us more leverage in the negotiations" and brussels immediately answering "no it won't, we really could not give less of a shit, who sits in your parliament is entirely irrelevant for us"

the really funny thing is trying that election trick after Greece had already tried it

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    is your cakes drying out a common problem in your life? Well not anymore, because the optimal way to carve a slice and leave the cake has been engineered
    609715_v3.jpg

You can also solve this by eating the entire cake

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    Russia's not participating in the Eurovision Song Contest, after Ukraine denied entry permits for the russian contestant (because by entering Crimea without going through Ukraine is breaking Ukrainian law)

The ESC offered them to either switch to someone else, or to participate via satellite feed, but Russia wasn't keen on either of those, since it wasn't an accident that she in particular got chosen. That's not even "oh I bet every russian election no matter how inconseqeuential is not on the up and up" thing, the relevant russian TV channel just picks their candidate.

The ESC is, obviously, annoyed with Ukraine and with confrontational politics sneaking into the song contest, which is the diametric opposite of the entire idea behind it.

Which I can agree with somewhat, but then again, this has been the only reason I have cared at all about this year's Eurovision

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    609715_v3.jpg

I don't understand. How does a cake dry out in an hour? Is this for if you run out of milk?

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    do people just leave their cakes out on a table or something?

my mom always obsessively packed any cake that wasn't going to get eaten into tupperware containers right after the initial cutting

now i see the hidden wisdom i always overlooked

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Visa interview day is off to an inauspicious start. Got on the wrong train (which arrived at the stated time and going to the same destination as my train...) and the conductor got the most impressive hard on at the prospect of giving me a penalty fare. When I explained that the fare is more than double the amount of available cash in my bank account and thus I cannot pay, he said transport police will be waiting for me in London. Whooo

At least I'll be getting there 10 minutes earlier huh? :tell_me_more:

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Visa interview day is off to an inauspicious start. Got on the wrong train (which arrived at the stated time and going to the same destination as my train...) and the conductor got the most impressive hard on at the prospect of giving me a penalty fare. When I explained that the fare is more than double the amount of available cash in my bank account and thus I cannot pay, he said transport police will be waiting for me in London. Whooo

:bro:

• Options

enjoy the pendolino espresso while you can, arch-criminal!

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    Also

my god, this fyre pitch deck

*slow jerk.mp4*

• Options
    I have a monstrous can of monster energy, red flavour. I have no need of foppish spresso

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    FroThulhu wrote: »
    Godammit

I just had the conversation with Vince re: my last job, the one that landed me homeless when I was summarily 'let go,' had me doing unlicensed electrical and plumbing work. Which I have never done before.

Plus carpentry.

For $12/hour

Fuck

Did you report them to the authorities?

Or just like let a bunch of eletricians/plumbers know so they could hunt them down and beat them with bundles of wire and/or pipes?

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Russia's not participating in the Eurovision Song Contest, after Ukraine denied entry permits for the russian contestant (because by entering Crimea without going through Ukraine is breaking Ukrainian law)

The ESC offered them to either switch to someone else, or to participate via satellite feed, but Russia wasn't keen on either of those, since it wasn't an accident that she in particular got chosen. That's not even "oh I bet every russian election no matter how inconseqeuential is not on the up and up" thing, the relevant russian TV channel just picks their candidate.

The ESC is, obviously, annoyed with Ukraine and with confrontational politics sneaking into the song contest, which is the diametric opposite of the entire idea behind it.

Which I can agree with somewhat, but then again, this has been the only reason I have cared at all about this year's Eurovision

Yes it's Ukraine's fault that Russia is illegally occupying their territory and sponsoring a civil war in their country

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Man people are having high hopes for the Injustice 2 DLC, although I guess if they aren't owned by Marvel and are on good terms with WB/DC technically anything is possible.

• Options
    Damnit, the secret is out

C-97hcYW0AERCOz.jpg:small

• Options
    The best defence against Ikea is a thirty year old solid oak cabinet

• Options
    Whoever leaked that classified secret will be found in a box

a flat box

without assembly instructions

• Options
    *Locks handcarved pine door with solid metal fixtures*

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    This spare iphone's battery is even worse than my broken one was. It shuts down completely at 37%...

If I replace the battery should it work like normal right away? Or is there some sort of breaking-in period where I have to cycle it a few times? Because I leave tonight and would really like a working phone.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    *Picks book from shelf chiseled from solid block of Donegal Granite*

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular

This really is the best analogy for what is going on.

And yet, the UK seems to refuse to notice.

Say what you want about Trump, at least America seems to have responded in horror at what happened.

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
  • Options
    ChkX45X.png

• Options
    Honk wrote: »
    This spare iphone's battery is even worse than my broken one was. It shuts down completely at 37%...

If I replace the battery should it work like normal right away? Or is there some sort of breaking-in period where I have to cycle it a few times? Because I leave tonight and would really like a working phone.

not a good time to do iphone surgery then

even battery calibration will take the whole day

I'd pop down to the street and consider a second-hand device. or even a new one, since your phone(s) are borked anyway

aRkpc.gif
  • Options

I uh, may have escaped without notice. I'm off the platform without being clapped in irons. Or there were so many other people on the train in the same situation that he let it go?

He has my name, but not my address... I think I'm ok <3

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    The big Royal announcement was that Phil the Greek is going to put the kibosh on public engagements after August. I mean, he's 95. Let the mad old racist sit down for a bit.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited May 2017

I uh, may have escaped without notice. I'm off the platform without being clapped in irons. Or there were so many other people on the train in the same situation that he let it go?

He has my name, but not my address... I think I'm ok <3

Fugitive

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    Bogart wrote: »
    The big Royal announcement was that Phil the Greek is going to put the kibosh on public engagements after August. I mean, he's 95. Let the mad old racist sit down for a bit.

h034f9szg11e.jpg

• Options

I am going to assume there was some kind of health scare and that's where the "he dead" rumours came from.

• Options
    I think when you're 95 health scares are replaced by health inevitables.

• Options

I am going to assume there was some kind of health scare and that's where the "he dead" rumours came from.

Nah, newspapers have your obituary good to go. The Sun just pulled the trigger too soon

• Options
    A list of Phil's greatest hits.

Some are genuinely funny. Others are an old man shouting at clouds, or foreigners.

This discussion has been closed.