As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I got my drink, I got my music, but today I'm yelling [Job] don't kill my vibe!

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Smurph wrote: »
    see317 wrote: »
    "Email is broken"
    "Uh, what? I don't think so, I've been using it all day"
    "No something's messed up. I sent an email to this person but it went to this other person instead!"
    "The names are kinda similar. Maybe you just made a mistake. I've done it"
    "No, email's broken. Don't use email!"

Those are fun. Let me share one from yesterday
    "I can't log in to Skype, it says my password is wrong
    "Well, we don't really control Skype, I can't reset those passwords
    "But I know the password is correct
    "Well, I can remote into the system and walk you through the password recovery process
    "I know the password though, and I'm typing it correctly.
    "Okay, I'm connected to the system, and what's the password you're entering?
    "*****
    "So, you typed the password in as the user name, and that's why Skype doesn't recognize it when you try to enter the password again, since the user name ***** probably doesn't have the same thing as the password.

This same guy once tried to back up his computer by putting his entire C:/ drive into a zip file, then putting the zip file in his My Documents folder. Then when he wanted to check his backup of something he unzipped the zip file.

I have to know, did he have multiple nested backups?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »
    Just got word that I passed the PE exam! I can officially call myself an engineer now!

I also get fancy letters after my name!

more like enginerd.

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Kadith wrote: »
    Just got word that I passed the PE exam! I can officially call myself an engineer now!

more like enginerd.

h...hey!

• Options
    SmurphSmurph Registered User regular
    "Email is broken"
    "No something's messed up. I sent an email to this person but it went to this other person instead!"

"Well, I can remote into the system and walk you through the password recovery process
    "*****
    "So, you typed the password in as the user name, and that's why Skype doesn't recognize it when you try to enter the password again, since the user name ***** probably doesn't have the same thing as the password.

This same guy once tried to back up his computer by putting his entire C:/ drive into a zip file, then putting the zip file in his My Documents folder. Then when he wanted to check his backup of something he unzipped the zip file.

I have to know, did he have multiple nested backups?

I don't think so, but I didn't really look around to see. I'm not IT, just another engineer that sits nearby that he comes to in a panic every day when "his computer is acting weird!"

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    I've got some letters you can put after your name

D

O

R

K

• Options
    MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular

Congrats! My husband also passed. As a bystander,I hated that exam. I can't imagine what it is actually like to take it... Glad you got it done :)

If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    I thought you only approved of RARs Bagel

Look it's a superior format, but I get not everyone can afford it.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    "Email is broken"

"*****

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    I've got some letters you can put after your name

D

O

R

K

Doctor of Osteopathy, specializing in Radial Keratotomy?

• Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    "Email is broken"

"*****

i am crying

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    As heard from a coworker speaking to another coworker. Coworker is the Joe Arpaio supporter with a heavy Christian bent.

Her: "I don't think toll roads should be allowed to charge fees. They didn't make that road, God did!"

Other Coworker: "Uhhhh..."

Me: :rotate:

*later*

Her: "Hey [My Name], don't you disagree with the county charging for toll roads?"

Me: "Render unto Caesar that which belongs to Caesar."

Her: "...Who's Caesar?"

Other Coworker: "Sigh..."

Me: :rotate: intensifies

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular

Congrats! My husband also passed. As a bystander,I hated that exam. I can't imagine what it is actually like to take it... Glad you got it done :)

Tell him dude from the internet gave him a high five!

The exam kinda went by in a panicked blur. The studying was the most grueling part.

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    Her: "I don't think toll roads should be allowed to charge fees. They didn't make that road, God did!"

Oh. My. Lord.

I would not be able to stay my hand, I would have to know more. I would have to know how she imagines new roads are made. Do people just wake up one morning and God put a road there? What are potholes? Are bridges Gods way of bringing us closer to him?

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    "Email is broken"

"*****

Okay, you win.

• Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Got two of the 4 medical forms in. The other may be in or may not be idunno it's in the DFW area and they're faxing it to DC. The last one can't be completed till Tuesday cause that doctor is out this week.

At least my two primary care physicians already finished

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    edited May 2017
    "Email is broken"

"*****

Z1wnpgx.gif
    ?

Tox on
    Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    As heard from a coworker speaking to another coworker. Coworker is the Joe Arpaio supporter with a heavy Christian bent.

*later*

Her: "Hey [My Name], don't you disagree with the county charging for toll roads?"

jesus christ

• Options
    SmurphSmurph Registered User regular
    The guy at first tried to pretend he didn't unzip his entire computer into My Docs and acted like he didn't know how that stuff got there, maybe the computer did it.

I didn't buy it so then he fessed up, but still acted like it was a reasonable thing to do.

• Options
    David_T wrote: »

Oh. My. Lord.

I would not be able to stay my hand, I would have to know more. I would have to know how she imagines new roads are made. Do people just wake up one morning and God put a road there? What are potholes? Are bridges Gods way of bringing us closer to him?

This is the one I try to limit conversations with because lurking under the surface of the crazy is full-blown racist asshole who straightfacedly responds to anything I've ever seen on the Internet that contradicts her viewpoints with "You can't trust the liberal media. They hack the videos so you only see what they want you to see." She also believes cops can do no wrong and that racism is non-existent.

Basically I try to keep the poking of the lunatic to a minimum.

• Options
    Weaver wrote: »

*later*

jesus christ

wants nothing to do with any of that.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Well looks like I'll be getting an hour overtime a day starting next week, ending once we find a temp or a replacement for the temp who is leaving tomorrow.

My boss did give me the option of working 8-5 instead of 7-5, but I opted for the extra hour because of 1) extra pay and 2) I like the drive to work being fairly quick.

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Got to work about 20 minutes ago, saw a check for a delivery and a post-it attached the read "Ryan- I ran to S-Way*".

Which at first my brain translated to "Ryan- I ran away".

And I thought, yeah I don't blame you dude.

*Safeway

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    This is goddamn magical. The other coworker has successfully convinced the crazy coworker she's not actually a conservative (she is) and now she's in a miniature existential crisis.

• Options
    This is goddamn magical. The other coworker has successfully convinced the crazy coworker she's not actually a conservative (she is) and now she's in a miniature existential crisis.

Is this the "GOP is eating itself" that everyone kept saying was coming but never did?

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    I don't mind rain, but I still take it as a slight that it starts coming down ten seconds after I walk out the door.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options

Is this the "GOP is eating itself" that everyone kept saying was coming but never did?

No this is someone who doesn't actually know what a conservative is. Literally does not know what makes someone a conservative ("A conservative is someone who's passionate about what they believe in, like I am."). The other coworker is gaslighting her with a dictionary.

I can't even make this up.

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular

*later*

jesus christ

No, Jesus Christ and Caesar were different people. Keep up!

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    milski wrote: »

*later*

jesus christ

I knew a guy who was adamant that Jesus was actually Julius Caesar's son

• Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Joolander wrote: »
    milski wrote: »

*later*

jesus christ

I knew a guy who was adamant that Jesus was actually Julius Caesar's son

Julius Caesar was posthumously recognized as a god, and had 44 whole years after his assassination before the birth of Jesus to sort out the right god trick to do an immaculate conception, setting up his son/new mortal incarnation perfectly to be executed under the authority of a successor of his old incarnation, all in fulfillment of his ineffable plan. Also, they have the same initials. Q.E.D.

Desert Leviathan on
    Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

No this is someone who doesn't actually know what a conservative is. Literally does not know what makes someone a conservative ("A conservative is someone who's passionate about what they believe in, like I am."). The other coworker is gaslighting her with a dictionary.

Is it gaslighting then?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »

Is it gaslighting then?

I feel like it's more about the psychological effect rather than, like, it having to actually be a lie.

Although I guess it might be more accurate to say this coworker gaslighted themselves.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    edited May 2017
    It sounds more like a gaslight went out, long ago, during some really crucial phase in that coworker's childhood, and nobody noticed the leak for like a while.

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    NoughtNought Registered User regular
    The guy at first tried to pretend he didn't unzip his entire computer into My Docs and acted like he didn't know how that stuff got there, maybe the computer did it.

I didn't buy it so then he fessed up, but still acted like it was a reasonable thing to do.

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

On fire
    Island. Being on fire.
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    "Email is broken"

"*****

Wow.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    NoughtNought Registered User regular
    Tox wrote: »
    "Email is broken"

"*****

Z1wnpgx.gif
    ?

Rick really needs to stop messing with Mortys body.

As someone that has worked retail I really hope the guy pulling the tab got hurt badly.

On fire
    Island. Being on fire.
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    I was going to post this in the U Mad? thread, but this has just gone past frustrating to funny now.

The newest hire, still doesn't get it, just does not fucking get it.

I just heard from a coworker that dude was trying to get her close kitchen shift Tuesday night, which she denied. So he decided to come in and drink instead. Makes total sense. He proceeds to get drunk, like ya do, and decides to hang out in the tiny kitchen with his beer (not really legal/appropriate) and bitch about me to the cook while she has a full rack of tickets up. He's under the impression that the sole reason I do not like him is that he was late for every shift for a month. One of which was when he was TWO HOURS late. I know, I should have made an executive decision right then, but I'm an idiot, I blame myself that he's still here. THEN he starts going on about how we should have a Caesar salad on the menu, but he supposes he has to work here another 3 years before he can start making changes. This whole time the cook is busting ass trying to get through orders and this guy is wandering around her only exit lane going off on me and the menu and oh my god what planet is this guy from?

It is positively mind blowing that this guy thinks these things. Yes, part of the reason I do not care for this person is his disdain for punctuality, but he's also self important, barges in to conversations, burns about 60% of the food he cooks, and at every opportunity he is out on a smoke break.

It's also very funny to me that he thinks he's going to be working here in 3 years.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    It's a (Adamn Sandler?) film, and completely cgi iirc.

edit- typo but I will refer to him as that Adamn Sandler from now on.

Gvzbgul on
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I'm mixed up in a battle for my physical person.

See I got promoted and my new boss wants me ASAP, but my current bosses won't give me up until eventually sometime. They won't give beer an actual date and keep telling me it's the fault of a guy who just wrote even though he put his two weeks in. It's their fault for hiring someone who can't start until June 5th as far as I'm concerned. So now my new boss went to her boss who is going to talk to my bosses boss about nee getting there sooner. Meanwhile I still haven't been told what my new pay rate will be.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Sleep wrote: »
    Zonugal wrote: »
    So today at the high school they are, in conjunction with the local police force, doing their Every Fifteen Minutes activity.

Every fifteen minutes they play a muffled heart-beat over the intercoms. Then somebody dressed up as a grim reaper walks the school, and plucks a student out of a classroom. That student then goes over to the library where the theater & art teachers apply make-up to have them look deceased. The student is then returned to their class and for the rest of the day they do no work, they don't talk and then just sit/walk around silently.

At the end of the day we have an assembly where the whole school gathers out at the parking lot to observe a simulated crash scene.

Oooh boy...

What the fuck

A photo of the event!

2e6a1c2a-0aeb-4b11-bfe2-d5b5de89aa22-large16x9_Fife_Grim_Reaper.jpg

DEATH COMES FOR YOU IN FINANCIAL ALGEBRA!!!

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    That's a pretty elaborate Death for some high school boondoggle. Do you think that's strictly a MADD death, or does he do parties?

GDdCWMm.jpg
This discussion has been closed.