As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

overwatch: rip battle mercy august 2017 - august 2017

• Options
    theSquidtheSquid Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    Some highlights from a match on Eichenwalde yesterday, including a massive play by my mate at the end of round 1 that ends up being PotG, and you get to see it from 2 perspectives!

Not gonna lie, I feel really good about my shotcalling on this map but more important it makes SUCH A DIFFERENCE when your team actually listens and responds.

https://youtu.be/B7kE6zbu7x4

Holy crap that POTG

Your teammate can die happy now

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    The best way to get comfortable fighting hog is just to play a bunch of hog yourself.

Get used to his hook range and his right click range, notice what gives you fits and what lets you dominate.

The threat of Roadhog's hook is often more powerful than the actual hook

You don't know how many times I've scared Tracers into burning all their dashes just by looking at them.

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    The best way to get comfortable fighting hog is just to play a bunch of hog yourself.

Get used to his hook range and his right click range, notice what gives you fits and what lets you dominate.

You don't know how many times I've scared Tracers into burning all their dashes just by looking at them.

I have actually made people run away with Hog's Boo emote in their direction

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Yessssss more Zenyatta videos. Watch as I have a really good and fun final push, only to walk off the cart at the end because I did not notice it was Overtime!

https://youtu.be/UNJWaJICUBg

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    WhiteShark wrote: »
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    Some highlights from a match on Eichenwalde yesterday, including a massive play by my mate at the end of round 1 that ends up being PotG, and you get to see it from 2 perspectives!

Not gonna lie, I feel really good about my shotcalling on this map but more important it makes SUCH A DIFFERENCE when your team actually listens and responds.

Nice. I'd recommend trying to do more charged right clicks for picks/poke in the pre-fight phases, based on that recording. Getting that full right click on a squishy is so rewarding.

oh yeah, you can absolutely get free picks just from spamming his alt fire down chokes

i watched a seagull clip where he raised the point that people don't respect zen's right click but it's super good now that it has no spread, you can position yourself such that you're halfway across a map, aiming through a narrow gap, and do a ton of damage when the other team tries to walk in

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    It also made him a Bastion counter which is delightful

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Hahahaha a rare moment of positioning brilliance as Pharah.

https://youtu.be/jzEGEfBKS5w

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular

Basically, you have to become a master at baiting the hook

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    SixshotStrikerSixshotStriker Registered User regular
    Well most of my gains in rank were undone just now. Connection cut out. I went to check on the cause. Turns out my cat tripped the power going to the router.

• Options
    WhiteSharkWhiteShark Registered User regular

For an even better bluff, try just meleeing in their direction. At a distance it is nigh impossible to distinguish between the melee animation and the hook-throwing animation.

• Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    This is some pretty fucking great Genji play

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited May 2017
    I'm going to take this moment to point out that it is a tremendous missed opportunity that so many of the characters' melee attacks is just a punch

Shorty on
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Someone needs to have a melee headbutt.

Ashcroft on
    ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    it's weird to me that zarya has this fuckoff-huge gun but her attack isn't even a buttstroke

meanwhile s76's gun shape is utter nonsense especially when deployed for that purpose, but his melee is a buttstroke

why does mei punch instead of poking them with an icicle she keeps for that purpose, or something

Shorty on
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    it's weird to me that zarya has this fuckoff-huge gun but her attack isn't even a buttstroke

meanwhile s76's gun shape is utter nonsense especially when deployed for that purpose, but his melee is a buttstroke

why does mei punch instead of poking them with an icicle she keeps for that purpose, or something

zarya is a buttstroke in third person

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options

zarya is a buttstroke in third person

yeah, true

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i'll stroke zarya's butt

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    I'm still trying to figure out what Symettra is supposed to be doing when she melee attacks. It's this weird gesture that seems like a great way to break a finger and nothing else; feels like they were going for a palm strike but botched the animation

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    pocket sand

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular

Okay...I get where you're coming from.

But Mei has my favorite melee in the entire game. Its just so adorable.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i mean it is a metal hand

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    I play with a model of Mei that has a damn bayonet on the end of the freeze gun for some reason but nope still an adorable punch

• Options
    it probably would have been a little weird to animate but why couldn't hanzo's be a kick

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    it probably would have been a little weird to animate but why couldn't hanzo's be a kick

Because only Zenny must have the one true kick.

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    edited May 2017

Okay...I get where you're coming from.

But Mei has my favorite melee in the entire game. Its just so adorable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHi_a0FYGGI

edit: i haven't been playing much reinhardt lately but here are some highlights from the occasions i have

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaZJnxN5zos

miscellaneousinsanity on
    uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    I can't explain it but over the past month I've developed a strong affinity for Mei. Maybe it's cause I bought her t shirt.

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Einzel wrote: »
    I can't explain it but over the past month I've developed a strong affinity for Mei. Maybe it's cause I bought her t shirt.

maybe it's cuz she's a-mei-zing

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    After two weeks without internet, I am playing again! First game POTG with Zarya. Basically, everyone was looking the other way so I lasered 3 faces off until Junkrat noticed me and tried to pull a rip-tire on me. So I lasered his face off too.

I really need to remember to record this stuff.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    https://www.trueachievements.com/n27934/overwatch-game-of-the-year-edition-coming-to-the-xbox-one-on-may-23rd

According to TrueAchievements, there is a GotY edition coming (for console at least) and an Anniversary event.

Perrsun on
  • Options
    I got my spray and icon from HotS.

I seriously cannot follow what is going on in that game at times. I feel like I'm ruining games for my team by being so bad.

Some gave me a pretty sick burn by politely asking if I had a really laggy connection or something.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    Ashcroft wrote: »
    I got my spray and icon from HotS.

I seriously cannot follow what is going on in that game at times. I feel like I'm ruining games for my team by being so bad.

Some gave me a pretty sick burn by politely asking if I had a really laggy connection or something.

I've enjoyed my matches most when I'm far away from my team. They're off engaging the enemy and capturing objectives, I'm on the other side of the map pushing minions. Then at some point they're like "We should push" and I'm all "The top lane is completely clear, go on in."

• Options
    hopped on hots last night with my roommate

he has lots of LoL experience, the closest i've ever come to a moba is playing vanilla warcraft 3

i just picked the siege tank character and did what siege tanks do, he babysat me as the space marine medic and we seemed to do alright, all things considered it was a relatively painless experience w/ like zero toxicity from other players

we marathoned the first 10 games and i have patlabor dva now! unlikely i'll touch the game after the event ends but i'll prolly grind out the last 10 once week 4 starts, hmu

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Who the fuck thought that Valeera character in HotS was a good idea?

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    edited May 2017
    turtleant wrote: »

most people went "what the fuck why no" when she was revealed

then after a week of playing with her the WoW rogue mains were like "okay yeah nevermind I take it back make her go away"

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    there was a stealth patch today

I hate that they don't do patch notes for these

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    That orc samurai in hots is an asshole

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    That orc samurai in hots is an asshole

If you stick around long enough he'll stop being a problem, the hero is kinda bad

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    More videos!

Symmetra on Anubis A is OP as heck:
    https://youtu.be/YgpcoMsAWK8

This dope round on Nepal Village, complete with a cheeky PotG by a teammate:
    https://youtu.be/AafAvfQiBAE

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    turtleant wrote: »

I like Valeera she is a wrath era sub rogue when it was that bizarre hybrid of assassination and combat and could not figure out which it was more like

But then I use her like a real rogue in pvp kill the healer and the weak and run away when it gets hairy

This discussion has been closed.