As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Secret World Legends] - TTRPG Kickstarter huge success - Winter is coming

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    So I guess the ARG is done and I get to pick a weapon now. I want the Chaos Focus because I am going to roll Chaos primarily but the Sword looks really cool.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    Was there anything in particular you needed to do for the ARG? I didn't take part and whups.

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Kay wrote: »
    Was there anything in particular you needed to do for the ARG? I didn't take part and whups.

Na, just go to the site and solve the puzzles. http://www.mmorpg.com/puzzle.cfm

I give up way too quickly with these things. I always get one or two steps away from solving it and then get frustrated.

Stragint on
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

• Options
    taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    I started off with a trickster and man, the sound effects for pistols are *terrible* there's some kind of high pitched whine when they fire that makes my ears hurt. Switching weapons solely due to that =0

steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • Options
    Is that not just the double-shot attack you start with? It also looks like the pistols are sprouting sparklers, oddly.

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    Is that not just the double-shot attack you start with? It also looks like the pistols are sprouting sparklers, oddly.

That could be..it was so bad with that ability I didn't bother trying any others =0

• Options

That could be..it was so bad with that ability I didn't bother trying any others =0

Could just quickly make a fresh character with pistols primary, and see how the other two abilities are. That shouldn't take too long and you can delete 'em right after.

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    The Kiss of the Revenant ARG is finished now, you can complete the ritual and enter your email to get the stuff when they release it

Stretch goals were hit that allow everyone to get all nine Shadow-Bound weapons instead of just one, so it's definitely worth doing

• Options
    Ah, so you just get all of 'em? Neat.

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    I was really hoping to play SWL today. This is a huge bummer.

• Options
    ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular
    Hoping for short memories in this case when they push out on Steam soon. :|

76561197966849367.png
  • Options
    So w hen is the next waxing crescent? Wondering when the email for the ARG stuff will be emailed out.

• Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    So w hen is the next waxing crescent? Wondering when the email for the ARG stuff will be emailed out.

According to this, the 26th.

• Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    ahh that was fun, some of those were tricky, I did like playing the game at the end, been awhile since I played Mastermind. :D

Sooooo.. anyone actually able to get in now ?

darkmayo on
    Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    My patcher just started downloading a thing.

Maybe it's happening?

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    It's happening! (Patch Notes; The Auction House and the Exchange are temporarily disabled)

Zetx on
    76561197966849367.png
  • Options
    ugh... patcher is slow as fuck.. 60mb.... 30 minutes.. though that might just be my connection atm. Its been really crappy lately.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    I'm getting < 30KB/s, so not just you. :|

76561197966849367.png
  • Options
    darkmayo wrote: »
    ugh... patcher is slow as fuck.. 60mb.... 30 minutes.. though that might just be my connection atm. Its been really crappy lately.

Nah. It's more that a lot of people are fighting over whatever bandwidth Funcom has available for pushing the patch out.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    I feel like I'm missing something but how so you play the final game on the arg? I see the concept easily but, at first I picked all of one symbol and it showed me a red dot on the first so I assumed that was correct...then it disappeared when I picked the same symbol again, what represents a successful guess?

• Options
    edited June 2017
    Its like the old game mastermind. Start off by inputting all of one symbol, to narrow down what symbols and how many are in the solution. Once you know the numbers and symbols used its just a matter of putting them in the right spots with process of elimination.

Though I did find this on a forum.
    Shotgun SW NE SW S N
    Pistol N NE S SE NE
    Blade S NW N SW NW
    Rifle SE N SW S NW
    Hammer N S SW S NW
    Blood S SW NW SW NW
    Ele SE S SW SW N
    Fist NE NE NW SE SW

I can confirm that the pistol one is the same as I got

darkmayo on
    Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    I really want to record a full play through of SWL but all I want to do now is play, I don't want to setup the recording nonsense. I am so torn.

• Options
    If you have nvidia, perhaps you can just toggle some settings with GFE/ShadowPlay?

76561197966849367.png
  • Options
    That hot 45kbps download rate

• Options
    edited June 2017
    Finally got through, but the authentication servers tell me that they are unable to connect to the Territory Manager (3x). Will just have to keep waiting

Zetx on
    76561197966849367.png
  • Options
    I'm not sure if the game servers are actually online yet. Perhaps all that's been done is pushing out the patch?

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    They're working, I did Norma Creed's mission, then realised it was 2am so I'm on my way to bed.

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Zetx wrote: »
    If you have nvidia, perhaps you can just toggle some settings with GFE/ShadowPlay?

Shadowplay is really weird for me. I can never tell if I am recording or not. ShadowPlay will show green but not be recording.

Edit: Since I don't have a bunch of time to play I am just gonna goof off and record up to where I leave off at tonight.

Stragint on

• Options
    Huh, so investigations no longer give a massive dump of xp, but they do give a cosmetic item now

• Options
    I updated my nvidia stuff and shadowplay is super easy now. Recorded an hour of stuff, basically all of the tutorial. I'm worried I might need to do it all again with the in game sound turned down.

Can't wait to get those shadow weapons though.

• Options
    So dungeon rewards are really fucking terrible

I went through the first dungeon and got nothing but the weapon/talisman xp items

• Options
    Question: Do any of the deck outfits transfer over?

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    Maddoc wrote: »

I went through the first dungeon and got nothing but the weapon/talisman xp items

Conversely, I want all the weapon/talisman distiliates.

So much stuff to level up. Especially the extra junk bait talismans you've gotta level up to fuse to increase the quality on your main ones. They're basically wild cards, and actually I think are a bit more valuable to get when leveling than the random junk talismans you used to get and won't be using for very long.

Especially since those items add XP to the item, and don't cost anima shards to assemble.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    Maybe I'll feel better about them when I have better items that aren't all 1* and 2*

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Question: Do any of the deck outfits transfer over?

Apparently not. Some of the faction deck outfits are now awarded for "mastering" each weapon, but while the outfits are selected from amongst the OG TSW faction decks, they are the same regardless of the faction you pick, just colored to match - and they are also discreet clothing pieces rather than just a single uniform.

Presumably, more faction outfits will show up as they add more weapons to the game.

• Options
    edited June 2017

I made a character today and set it up with the warlock class for the blood/rifle pairing. I'm intending to unlock the "hail of bullets" attack tomorrow for use with those shadow weapons. AOE multi-hit attack. It hits up to six enemies within five meters four times (five times with passive talent). I'm going to be throwing dice at the enemies, and by dice I mean my revenant army.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
  • Options

I made a character today and set it up with the warlock class for the blood/rifle pairing. I'm intending to unlock the "hail of bullets" attack tomorrow for use with those shadow weapons. AOE multi-hit attack. It hits up to six enemies within five meters four times (five times with passive talent). I'm going to be throwing dice at the enemies, and by dice I mean my revenant army.

I don't think this will work out the way you're imagining- depending on how they've decided that procs work with multihit attacks. Last thing they did in TSW was change procs to only proc once from such abilities.

• Options
    I'm kind of impressed that funcom banned people who were using the exploit they just fixed.

• Options
    When I got on for a brief period yesterday, it was hilarious how many people were complaining bitterly about their lost Aurum.

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited June 2017
    Maddoc wrote: »

I've done
    • 2 full runs of Polaris
    • 2 partial runs of Polaris (full dungeon, but only opening some chests)
    • 1 full run of Hell Raised

I have gotten 1 1-star Amulet. EVERYTHING ELSE has been distillates.

Crippl3 on