As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Secret World Legends] - TTRPG Kickstarter huge success - Winter is coming

• Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    Distillates are basically free upgrades to your equipment, though. And you make blues/purps by fusing fully upgraded greens/blues.

You don't get an instant, possibly useless to you blue, you work towards the blue you want, and the item is always relevant unless you're maxed out on item quality and level.

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    You can't improve the quality of an item outside of a cash shop item

So that 1* is always going to be a 1*, and will always be worse than a 3*, so you still need a lot of talisman and weapon drops to get a weapon with the right combination of stats, ability, and quality you need want

• Options
    Don't certain story missions give guaranteed 2-3* items?

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    Dunno, only gotten one 3* talisman so far from a random reward. Unfortunately it was a healing talisman.

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    So since they're touting this as "not an mmo" where you can "go it alone", does that mean dungeons are solo-able now, too? I assume not but one can hope...

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    People were talking about soloing Polaris in chat.

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    So since they're touting this as "not an mmo" where you can "go it alone", does that mean dungeons are solo-able now, too? I assume not but one can hope...

Solo'd Polaris at level 19, with a pistol/shotgun build. Only rough part was the ur-draug, and that was only because he was the only boss that can take a chunk outta you if you get caught when reality warps.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    I tried at 20 and died to the crab dude when I didn't pay attention to the electrocution. But I'm going Chaos/Shotgun, so I feel I was probably lacking the DPS.

But the dungeons are apparently 3 mans now, not 5, and getting a group is easy. Remembers what the fuck I'm doing (especially in the first Hell dungeon) is less so.

I'm in game as Kalidas "Naga" Arsani.

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    Decomposey wrote: »
    I tried at 20 and died to the crab dude when I didn't pay attention to the electrocution. But I'm going Chaos/Shotgun, so I feel I was probably lacking the DPS.

But the dungeons are apparently 3 mans now, not 5, and getting a group is easy. Remembers what the fuck I'm doing (especially in the first Hell dungeon) is less so.

I'm in game as Kalidas "Naga" Arsani.

Oh yea! that boss can be rough :D

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular

The "story mode" difficulties of the dungeons are publicly accessible while you are at the proper level for the zone they are located in. You can queue up for them using the Group Finder tool. They are designed for 3 people to beat and are easy enough that you can just go in with your solo build and beat it. If you end up too high level to do a dungeon using the public LFG, you can still get people together (up to 5) into a party and do a Private dungeon run. They are quite probably soloable with the right build.

• Options
    Secret World Legends is now officially launched for everyone to come and enjoy! (It's still not on Steam until July 31st though.)

Have a launch trailer, everybody!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwPPExICQhg

• Options
    Hmm so it appears that there is no other weapon skins atm, I have tried on several different pistol and shotgun level one drops I have grabbed and they all look the same. So dont fret throwing them to the upgrade gods.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    I have a strange problem... I filled out my active and passive bars several levels ago and now I'm just collecting AP/SP because my usual MO is to put points in things when I start to feel that the character is doing poorly. So far, this hasn't happened (I'm level 13 and don't think I've dropped below half health before).

I'm at 40-something out of 50 SP and I know I just need to buckle down and buy something, but for passives, most of them (besides the stat boost ones) don't apply because I've also not bought the associated active skills. Oops.

I'm thinking about starting up some different weapon combos, but the flip side to that is I figure that'll gimp me a bit once I actually hit that curve where things start to hurt.

Would love to hear some thoughts from anyone further along :)

(I started with Assassin blade/ele, so I do sword spins against groups, a regular blade 1v1 melee and fireballs at range.)

Zetx on
    76561197966849367.png
  • Options
    If you have the passives for your active abilities already just keep buying passives in your primary and secondary weapon. Even if you aren't using the passive abilities, all the circular parts you unlock are permanent stat bonuses for you.

• Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    50 is the cap for how much you can save right?

In that situation where I have everything that I desire and don't have a goal to work towards, I'd just start going down the weapon trees unlocking the first tier of everything, then the second tier, and so on. Don't exhaust your pool of AP/SP, but spend enough to give you some breathing room to level up more.

I'm only level 5 or so though. So far spamming blood explosions has crumpled the easy stuff. I've only died when I decided to see if I could solo Susie with my starting gear. My next plan is to get rapid fire for my rifle to bolster my aoe potential, and then to start pushing towards some single target abilities. I already have the heart crush attack and it seems nice.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    texasheattexasheat Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    So I kicked this up last night after the full day of maintenance...Went with chaos/pistols. And let me tell you, if you like RANDOM you will love this build. Holy crap every ability I use can affect the battle is massively different ways each and every time I click the button. It's got LOADS of aoe from the start with chaos, and solid single target for pistols. I'm having so much fun trying to guess and control the RNG to be successful. It really pays off when the stars align and everything dies.

I'm in game as "Aseef 'Feesa' Frombi". I'm Templar, if that matters at all?

texasheat on
  • Options
    50 is the cap for how much you can save right?

In that situation where I have everything that I desire and don't have a goal to work towards, I'd just start going down the weapon trees unlocking the first tier of everything, then the second tier, and so on. Don't exhaust your pool of AP/SP, but spend enough to give you some breathing room to level up more.

I'm only level 5 or so though. So far spamming blood explosions has crumpled the easy stuff. I've only died when I decided to see if I could solo Susie with my starting gear. My next plan is to get rapid fire for my rifle to bolster my aoe potential, and then to start pushing towards some single target abilities. I already have the heart crush attack and it seems nice.

The weapon capstones cost 40 AP, so there's a definite AP sink available. To be able to add further levels to a capstone, you need to buy all the abilities of another weapon. So to fully finish out a level 9 weapon capstone, you'll need all the other weapon abilities purchased.

The benefit of achieving a capstone is relatively minor, but I'm sure it adds up after unlocking 9x9 of them. Getting the first level unlocked on each weapon gives you a special "class" clothing set, too!

Just a long-term thing to keep in mind.

• Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    texasheat wrote: »
    So I kicked this up last night after the full day of maintenance...Went with chaos/pistols. And let me tell you, if you like RANDOM you will love this build. Holy crap every ability I use can affect the battle is massively different ways each and every time I click the button. It's got LOADS of aoe from the start with chaos, and solid single target for pistols. I'm having so much fun trying to guess and control the RNG to be successful. It really pays off when the stars align and everything dies.

Conversely, does it suck tons when nothing lines up? (Not trying to be a smartass, just genuinely curious. The random nature of pistols turned me off of them in beta, and I am a pistol/SG DPS main in TSW.)

• Options
    True. I was just thinking that the player is operating in a scenario where their current build works perfectly, but they want to maintain a large pool of AP/SP so that they can quickly spec into a new build if they encounter a hurdle that stonewalls their current build. Picking the low hanging fruit from each tree lets them maximize how much AP/SP that they have at any one time to spend towards a new objective once an objective is identified.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    texasheattexasheat Registered User regular
    texasheat wrote: »

Conversely, does it suck tons when nothing lines up? (Not trying to be a smartass, just genuinely curious. The random nature of pistols turned me off of them in beta, and I am a pistol/SG DPS main in TSW.)

Actually no, but I'm still only level 7 so I can't speak to higher levels. The in and out of killing mobs in pretty fast. And when it comes together it's glorious. That said, it can go the other way, when it comes up BAD it can feel like a slog. But if there wasn't any risk, the reward wouldn't be worth it. That said, RNG has to really hate you to get that long fight to trigger. It only happened twice for me so far. And even then, if it's really a concern you can build specific abilities to help you overcome those moments.

If you want to get specific, you have 3 types of bullets, 6 total, for the pistols. Meaning, 3 white, 2 blue, 1 red. When you shoot, you get normal damage if they colors don't match for your twin pistols. The pistols spin randomly with each shot. Mean NORMALLY you'll see white white on a regular basis. But there are those rare times when you go though your entire clips without getting a match. Those are the slogs. To overcome this there are abilities that let you just put BLUE BLUE up for a set amount of time. This removes SOME of the random, but those abilities cost bullets to cast so you end up with less total shots. In the end, I'll avoid them and deal with the RNG. But I may just love RNG....

• Options
    I wonder if it would be worth the effort for chaos characters to tweak their gear to bias themselves towards damage divisible by 8 against the defenses of certain bosses. Probably too much effort.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Finally started seeing some caches drop, oh boy here comes the lo-

Oh okay I guess more distillates

If I paid money for cache keys I'd be livid

Maddoc on
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Is everyone good with Secret Knights of Arcadia for the cabal?

Also, how do I start up a cabal?

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    I haven't verified the authenticity of the claim, but I saw someone griping in general chat about needing to be a patron to start a cabal. If true, I'm certain some of us here have patron status to pull the trigger on creating a cabal. I know I do from my old Grandmaster account transferring over.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular
    I was really surprised to find that only patrons could trade player-to-player (at least how I understood it).

To follow up with my skill conundrum, I decided to put some more points into my current primary line (blade). I did poke around with a different weapon just cuz I had the TSW transfer and the first ability of each weapon tree is unlocked. ... I didn't realize they had taken out building resources out of all(?) the lines. I was trying out the shotgun and the reload/elemental bullet thing was... interesting. I didn't get a tutorial video for it though, so I wasn't sure if each 'clip' of ammo was actually different, elementally, or if it was just cosmetic.

76561197966849367.png
  • Options
    Soooo, I guess we can't mail people items until the auction house is back up, for some odd reason.

I think I'd prefer Society of Arcadia over the Secret Knights of Arcadia.

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    Zetx wrote: »
    I was really surprised to find that only patrons could trade player-to-player (at least how I understood it).

Patrons can only trade with patrons. I think that patrons should be able to trade with free players as well, but allowing free players to trade with everyone just leads to an endless stream of gold farm accounts.
    To follow up with my skill conundrum, I decided to put some more points into my current primary line (blade). I did poke around with a different weapon just cuz I had the TSW transfer and the first ability of each weapon tree is unlocked. ... I didn't realize they had taken out building resources out of all(?) the lines. I was trying out the shotgun and the reload/elemental bullet thing was... interesting. I didn't get a tutorial video for it though, so I wasn't sure if each 'clip' of ammo was actually different, elementally, or if it was just cosmetic.

Each kind of shotgun ammo indeed has different effects! If you're curious about how the weapons work, check out my OP posts at the front of the thread: I've included all of the official weapon tutorial videos and detailed weapon mechanic explanations!

• Options
    I'm giggling at how much damage Blood Sacrifice does to you. It's an absolutely ludicrous amount. :hydra:

I'm sure there are some passives that'll help mollify that, but at the moment I think I'm damaging myself more than the enemies are.

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    I thought we went with "New Arcadians" as a cabal?

P.S: Although my suggestion is to ask a mod to set up a Poll between "Secret Knights of Arcadia", "Society of Arcadia" and "New Arcadians".

Fiendishrabbit on
    "The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    P.P.S: Cabal McCabalface will not be a polling option.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
  • Options
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

Patrons can only trade with patrons. I think that patrons should be able to trade with free players as well, but allowing free players to trade with everyone just leads to an endless stream of gold farm accounts.
    Patrons CANNOT trade with free players. I tried. I had a funky 3* Shotgun and a funky 3* Pistol to give to someone. But alas, I could not.

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    Kay wrote: »
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

Patrons CANNOT trade with free players. I tried. I had a funky 3* Shotgun and a funky 3* Pistol to give to someone. But alas, I could not.

Sorry about the confusing wording. When I said "I think they should be able to trade with free players as well" I meant that was something I thought should be allowed, not something that is allowed.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    Dear lord I have a lot of Agarthan caches. Something like 40+.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Words cannot describe how sad I am that my Jack-o-lantern head is gender restricted :(

I made two characters in SWL. I had never earned that helmet on a female character in TSW. I was hoping it would transfer over to both. Oh well. Something to look forward to for Halloween I hope.

I'm also missing my hilarious solid gold "Style and Gilt" tuxedo. I know I had that for both characters and it was hilarious. Is anyone else missing that outfit? I don't see it mentioned as an exception. Should I submit a ticket or something? (EDIT: I found the Style and Gilt tuxedo. It's listed as simply as a tuxedo in the dressing room, but there is a separate "Gold" color)

edit:
    I've noticed two other things missing. One is some miniature Draug pet and the other is my Jade Mouser pet. I don't mind them so much because I mostly only used my precious Neremegal.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    Edit - Ah so apparently it's not available through Steam.

RT800 on
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    RT800 wrote: »
    Edit - Ah so apparently it's not available through Steam.

Not until the 31st I think.
    I thought we went with "New Arcadians" as a cabal?

P.S: Although my suggestion is to ask a mod to set up a Poll between "Secret Knights of Arcadia", "Society of Arcadia" and "New Arcadians".

That is a good idea. How do we ask?

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    Words cannot describe how sad I am that my Jack-o-lantern head is gender restricted :(

I made two characters in SWL. I had never earned that helmet on a female character in TSW. I was hoping it would transfer over to both. Oh well. Something to look forward to for Halloween I hope.

I'm also missing my hilarious solid gold "Style and Gilt" tuxedo. I know I had that for both characters and it was hilarious. Is anyone else missing that outfit? I don't see it mentioned as an exception. Should I submit a ticket or something? (EDIT: I found the Style and Gilt tuxedo. It's listed as simply as a tuxedo in the dressing room, but there is a separate "Gold" color)

edit:
    I've noticed two other things missing. One is some miniature Draug pet and the other is my Jade Mouser pet. I don't mind them so much because I mostly only used my precious Neremegal.

This is actually a question I have as well. Is anyone keeping track of what's transferred and what hasn't?

I'm sitting on a few thousand bonus points in TSW (and some veteran points still), and before I create a char in SWL I want to spend that on stuff that I hope transfers over.

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    I'm missing quite a few cash shop outfits from TSW that didn't transfer over. I can see the pieces in the wardrobe, but it says I don't own them. So far I've noticed that I'm missing the Black Metal outfit, the Assassinatrix, and Disunity. I'm sure there's more I haven't noticed.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    Stragint wrote: »

That is a good idea. How do we ask?

@Tube Since you're a most murderous, irate, benevolent mod, is this something you could do or authorize us to do? "Poll: Option 1: Secret Knights of Arcadia. Option 2: Society of Arcadia Option 3: New Arcadians."
    Option 4: Cabal McCabalface

• Options
    This is actually a question I have as well. Is anyone keeping track of what's transferred and what hasn't?

I'm sitting on a few thousand bonus points in TSW (and some veteran points still), and before I create a char in SWL I want to spend that on stuff that I hope transfers over.

There's a few cash shop stuff that people are complaining haven't shown up. I expect that at the very least, all paid items will be fixed. I know a few PAX vendor items are also missing for some reason, those are less likely to show up, but hopefully they will.

On the front of what to buy in TSW - any pets or cosmetic items you can get with Veteran points will almost certainly carry over. Some of those items appear to be purchasable for Aurum or Third Age Fragments, but not all of them. Any Collector's Edition Issue clothing or clothing from Subscriber Loyalty Reward are TSW Exclusive items and cannot be acquired in SWL in any other way than by doing a character transfer.

Be aware that if you want to ensure all characters have access to your CE clothing that you have a character of both genders made and have claimed all items with them. Only items claimed by an active character will transfer, and the male and female versions of the same outfit are considered different clothing items when it comes to how the game is programmed.