As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Secret World Legends] - TTRPG Kickstarter huge success - Winter is coming

• Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    It seems like they changed the names of some of the outfits when transfering over. For example, as I stated above, my "Style and Gilt" tuxedo is no longer named "Style and Gilt." There is simply an entry for tuxedo items and there are various color schemes like the Black/white from the James Bond spy outfit, and gold from Style and Gilt.

Something may have been bugged up with my Jade Mouser. I could have sworn that I'd redeemed the item, but it also kept showing up in my "claim items" menu as unclaimed but it would never let me claim it because it said that I already had it. I don't really care about that pet though. I think I'm also missing a simple black crow pet, but I don't really care about it either.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    The bottom selection in the Dressing Room lists clothing by "outfit" and sorts pieces by the groups they were sold in previously. So, for example, all the pieces of the "Style and Gilt" outfit will be listed there, as long as you own at least one piece of them.

It's a way for people to see what was intended to go with what as a set, without clogging the dressing room up too much with re-colors of the same piece all having individual entries.

• Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    The bottom selection in the Dressing Room lists clothing by "outfit" and sorts pieces by the groups they were sold in previously. So, for example, all the pieces of the "Style and Gilt" outfit will be listed there, as long as you own at least one piece of them.

It's a way for people to see what was intended to go with what as a set, without clogging the dressing room up too much with re-colors of the same piece all having individual entries.

The pieces of "Style and Gilt" aren't listed there at all. That's why I thought they were missing originally.

There are entries for the spy tux, which show up as white and black tuxedo pieces. The Style and Gilt pieces are only accessible if you go to the individual clothing slots, find the tuxedo item, and then select the optional "Gold" color scheme.

I suspect that this is an oversight and the Style and Gilt set should have its own entry in that bottom tab. If anyone is missing outfits, be sure to check the individual clothing slots before panicking.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    I feel like recording a play through of SWL is holding me back. I just finished investigating the Margaret. So much to still do. I guess work is also making it hard to really progress fast.

Has there been any news on the shadow bound weapons? I was hoping they would release today but so far nothing.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    Ok, downloading the client.

Can't wait to get back into this wonderfully strange game

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    P.S: Although my suggestion is to ask a mod to set up a Poll between "Secret Knights of Arcadia", "Society of Arcadia" and "New Arcadians".

That is a good idea. How do we ask?

Tube Since you're a most murderous, irate, benevolent mod, is this something you could do or authorize us to do? "Poll: Option 1: Secret Knights of Arcadia. Option 2: Society of Arcadia Option 3: New Arcadians."
    Option 4: Cabal McCabalface

https://strawpoll.com/e26xf89

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    I'm missing a set of awful stupid sexy decal pants that I wore with my shirtless blood mage to show how edgy he was.

Enh, black jeans it is for now.

Also, never gotten a cache. I assume it's a dungeon thing? I need to play more.

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    Did anyone happen to earn the black mini smiler pet in TSW? If so, did it transfer over?

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Did anyone happen to earn the black mini smiler pet in TSW? If so, did it transfer over?

The black mini smiler was a museum reward pet, which were explicitly stated as not carrying over, along with all the shems.

• Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    Kay wrote: »
    I'm missing a set of awful stupid sexy decal pants that I wore with my shirtless blood mage to show how edgy he was.

Enh, black jeans it is for now.

Also, never gotten a cache. I assume it's a dungeon thing? I need to play more.

Caches are lockboxes you need keys to open. patrons get free keys, freebie players need to buy them with Auram. They star dropping for you once you reach level 15.

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    I'm still just at the "mucking about in Kingsmouth" stage of the game, but I have to say - so far I like Legends sooooo much better than TSW. The fact that the enemies aren't all bullet sponges is a nice improvement on its own. The streamlined quests are great (although I've already started hitting a point where I have no side quests available anywhere or anything and the next "main" quest is a level higher than me - doable, but seems like I should be keeping better pace in leveling). And I'm enjoying the item upgrading mechanic. Not having an inventory full of a bazillion different crafting ingredients and consumables is nice, too.

Pixelated Pixie on
    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    There are several side quests that aren't directly in the path of your main quests. However, they are marked on your map so you can run over and grab them.

I finished ALL of the quests in Kingsmouth (wanted the outfit you get for completing all the zone cheevos) and ended up about 3 levels higher than the quests in Savage Coasts when I got there.

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Decomposey wrote: »
    There are several side quests that aren't directly in the path of your main quests. However, they are marked on your map so you can run over and grab them.

I finished ALL of the quests in Kingsmouth (wanted the outfit you get for completing all the zone cheevos) and ended up about 3 levels higher than the quests in Savage Coasts when I got there.

Is there a list somewhere of what outfits you get for doing what? I can see in the dressing room that a particular outfit is for "X Achievement" or just "Achievement" but no indication what is required.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    Downloaded this, thought it would be a cool game to play through with the wife. And it is cool, played up to kingsmouth.

Unfortunately the launcher won't open on my wife's PC and I can't find any other reports of this issue at all so I'm at a loss to fix it .

• Options

Is there a list somewhere of what outfits you get for doing what? I can see in the dressing room that a particular outfit is for "X Achievement" or just "Achievement" but no indication what is required.

No, but I was curious what rewards the achievements in Kingsmouth offered so I just looked over the achievement page and saw that completing all the Kingsmouth ones got 'Guise of the Revenent", so I set out to get that one.

• Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    So I did buy some Auram or whatever it is called. Opened 10 lock boxes got 3 blue weapons a pistol, a shotgun and a chaos focus. All with different skins. The shotgun is the KS-23 skin, the pistols are the gold desert eagles not sure what the chaos focus looks like since I dont use chaos... yet.

Not sure it was worth it though, most of the time the caches just had item xp boosters and marks of whatever. Maybe if they had more in them, like some regular cosmetic items etc.

I really do need to take advantage of my patron status, I can solo polaris so I should run myself through that and unlock them boxes with my daily free keyz.

darkmayo on
    Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

The black mini smiler was a museum reward pet, which were explicitly stated as not carrying over, along with all the shems.

Ah, I must have missed that. One less thing to worry about though.

I figured I'd make a female char in TSW just to unlock what stuff I may have for transfer. Figured I'd need to get her through to Kingsmouth police station before I can accept delivered items. Got to the weapon selection in HQ and the mission broke.

• Options
    edited June 2017
    P.S: Although my suggestion is to ask a mod to set up a Poll between "Secret Knights of Arcadia", "Society of Arcadia" and "New Arcadians".

That is a good idea. How do we ask?

Tube Since you're a most murderous, irate, benevolent mod, is this something you could do or authorize us to do? "Poll: Option 1: Secret Knights of Arcadia. Option 2: Society of Arcadia Option 3: New Arcadians."
    Option 4: Cabal McCabalface

https://strawpoll.com/e26xf89

Cool, thanks for setting that up. How long should we run it?

Servers offline again. I was gonna play until I had to go to work. Bummer.

Stragint on
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

• Options
    Nooooo, I want to play.

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    Looks like they are back up, they show online and I am downloading some stuff now.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    The more I fuck around with this the more I think the loot system kind of doesn't work

Making it so you always get low level items and then upgrade them from there is an interesting angle, but the Mk1, Mk2, and Mk3 stuff complicates that because there's never any reason to invest in Mk1 or Mk2 stuff.

I've been hoarding reward bags until I have a couple dozen of them, then going to the vendor so I can open them and immediately sell all the garbage that comes out of them.

• Options
    edited June 2017
    I agree that without being able to either a) craft your desired weapon or b) select your desired weapon (or a good stand-in) as a quest reward is a bit annoying.

But I do not miss an inventory full of disenchanted materials and run fragments and similar. There's got to be a sweet spot, they're just more on the 'random drop' side now and need to add some ability to select what you want.

Edit: And I can't log in. I just get 'Lost Connection to Territory Manager' when I try.

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    This is not true! There is a reason to upgrade mk 1 and 2 stuff: blues and purples.

If you level two green items of the same type to level 20 you can fuse them into a blue item. If you have two max level blue items, you can fuse them into a purple.

Now the mk doesn't matter, so if you put a mk 3 in the main slot of the fuse and a mk 1 in the other slot, you end up upgrading your mk 3 while the mk 1 is destroyed. Which means you kinda want junk mk items to level up to feed your fusing.

NEVER sell items to the vendor. The only thing I ever sell to the vendor is the caches I find. Every item, no matter how crappy, should be used to upgrade your items. Weapons should feed your weapons, belts should feed your belt... etc.

While the weapons I'm upgrading now are only mk 2s (because I havn't found any mk 3s) eventually they will go to fuse whatever mk 3 I find.

Decomposey on
  • Options
    I mean, aside from the fact that an MMO where all the drops are XP for your current gear is boring.

Mk1 and Mk2 weapons may as well just be distillates except they cost fragments to use.

• Options
    If I suddenly need a hot Mk1 item, I'm sure I can scrounge one up real fast. You're not fusing items together THAT often.

And distillates are common enough that I don't have to fuck with dumping all of the crappy Mk1 and 2 items into other gear to level it up, I can just run a dungeon a few times a day and have more distillates than I ever reasonably need.

• Options
    Well, what else are you gonna use those fragments for?

Besides upgrading gear and death recovery, what exactly are fragments used for anyway?

• Options
    No idea, but not only is the return on that stuff not even all that good compared to all the distillates I'm swimming in, but I've only got a few Mk3 items right now that I'm concerned with upgrading.

• Options
    Where the fuck are you getting all these distillates? Are you paying for Patron?

• Options
    I've got lifetime patron

• Options
    edited June 2017
    Where the fuck are you getting all these distillates? Are you paying for Patron?

my patron status came over from TSW, expires in August. Running dungeons solo you can build those up by blowing through you daily dungeon keys. plus the daily cache key is handy cause you will likely get distillates from those.

darkmayo on
    Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    That said if you run a dungeon, you're guaranteed like 20 distillates a day even without patron status because that's all they give

• Options
    edited June 2017
    Well that explains it. Without patron status, junk gear is your primary method of upgrading. You can get a few distillates from running dungeons (10 chests a day, so less than 2 dungeons worth), but not enough for them to be more than an occasional bonus.

Decomposey on
  • Options
    Well that explains it. Without patron status, junk gear is your primary method of upgrading. You can get a few distillates from running dungeons (10 chests a day, so less than 2 dungeons worth), but not enough for them to be more than an occasional bonus.

I remember seeing it somewhere but I forget where, how many dungeon keys do non patrons get and when do they reset. (weekly?)

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    darkmayo wrote: »

I remember seeing it somewhere but I forget where, how many dungeon keys do non patrons get and when do they reset. (weekly?)

10 dungeon keys daily

• Options
    Which means you can get 10 distillates a day, because nothing else ever drops from the dungeon chests.

• Options
    New Arcadians is winning the strawpoll right now. 17 total votes on the poll as well.

• Options
    Someone tried explaining to me what happened to the (faction and starter) deck outfits but I'm not understanding. Can someone please explain if those made it through?

• Options
    Which means you can get 10 distillates a day, because nothing else ever drops from the dungeon chests.

I got a fishbone necklace once. Will be fusing that into a blue soon.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    Someone tried explaining to me what happened to the (faction and starter) deck outfits but I'm not understanding. Can someone please explain if those made it through?

I think all the starter deck clothes are in, and they also can be broken up into components, so you can wear pants from one with jackets from another. The faction stuff has largely been chopped up. Some of them get unlocked when you fully unlock a weapon. Not sure if others have been turned into random drops out of cosmetics bags or not.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular
    New Arcadians is winning the strawpoll right now. 17 total votes on the poll as well.

17 is more than the character list in the OP! :P

It feels like they've locked away some of the more 'MMO' bits behind patron, namely trading and cabal bank space. I guess it's all to prevent f2p farmers and all, but I'm wishing they gave some of that to those who paid for TSW :)

76561197966849367.png