Options

Marvel [MCU] Infinity War trailer DOES put a smile on my face

• Options
    Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular
    I saw some blurry Infinity War trailer...

I think Thanos kicked everyones ass.

It was very blurry.

Video game trailer.

No, no it looked pretty legit... as legit as a shaky, blurry phone recording can look. It was just taken down too.
    From what I can remember...
    - It started with the Guardians of the Galaxy.
    - Blown up planet when Thor smacks into their ship.
    - Spiderman is in it. I think he gets fucked up.
    - Bearded Cap, I think.
    - Thanos walks out of some black smokey portal.
    - Infinity Gauntlet with a blue stone, I think.
    - Loki has Cosmic Cube... I think.
    - Ironman, in Hulkbuster vs Thanos, I think, Thanos throws large chunk of landmass at Ironman... I think.
    - Blonde Widow cause why not.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    I know a part of the SDCC trailer leaked, but it's getting taken down within minutes by Disney.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    That it took them this long shameful. Hemsworth is incredibly charming when he's being just a little self-awarely self-depricating, and the character of Thor is so over the top crazytown that self-deprication takes basically no effort whatsoever.

We've gotten glimpses of it before, but they always seemed too scared not to play it at least mostly straight for whatever reason. I would guess that GotG, Spidey and, to a lesser extent, Ant Man showed them that this kind of hero can still carry a movie.

It's why the diner and pet store scenes work in Thor 1.

I NEED A HORSE.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Oh my god this has changed my life.

• Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular

It was very blurry.

Video game trailer.

No, no it looked pretty legit... as legit as a shaky, blurry phone recording can look. It was just taken down too.
    From what I can remember...
    - It started with the Guardians of the Galaxy.
    - Blown up planet when Thor smacks into their ship.
    - Spiderman is in it. I think he gets fucked up.
    - Bearded Cap, I think.
    - Thanos walks out of some black smokey portal.
    - Infinity Gauntlet with a blue stone, I think.
    - Loki has Cosmic Cube... I think.
    - Ironman, in Hulkbuster vs Thanos, I think, Thanos throws large chunk of landmass at Ironman... I think.
    - Blonde Widow cause why not.

It's still online. Not going away. This one may be taken down but two others will take it's place.

Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    Hail Trailer.

• Options
    SealSeal Registered User regular
    I hope we get to see more of Thors adventures with Daryl. Come to think of it, it'd be great if Thor just randomly popped into other series and movies to say hi. Picture a scene where Black Widow is deep undercover and Thor just walks up and starts asking her how things are going.

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Thanos? More like Bland Toast boom level 4 toasted

In that blurry trailer

The Thor windshield splat was a bit too forced

But I think I saw Iron Spider? I really liked that. And if they use Star Lord as the central character for the film to work around as the earth/space anchor it would be a smart move because he's also the most likable of the heroes.

And for some reason I never took Widow seriously in the other movies but seeing her in that trailer I think she's now great and want to listen to what she says

Also re Ragnarok trailer Valkyries white armor looks bad as in not good, like a Power Rangers padded getup (and where's her spear?)

• Options
    TexiKen wrote: »

And for some reason I never took Widow seriously in the other movies but seeing her in that trailer I think she's now great and want to listen to what she says

Took me a moment XD

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Okay Marvel, it's 'in the wild', I get wanting to have a big draw for the comic con crowds, but better to showcase this in full HD glory than let a Hydra of poorly recorded cams and screaming fans take away the impact.

Though honestly, I do enjoy some crowd reaction videos, the Starcraft 2 announcement was awesome in that regard, but I digress, I want to take that trailer and inject it into my veins!

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Finally found it.

Yeah, it looks pretty great, but seeing it at a blurry angle where peoples heads take up half the screen and horrible picture quality and what not really kind of lessened the impact.

That being said, I'm really looking forward to this. It's got the Russo Bros and they've earned my trust from their past 2 filsm.

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    KashaarKashaar Low OrbitRegistered User regular
    Yeah honestly I'm gonna wait until the proper official version of that trailer drops. Shaky phone cam recordings are poo!

Indie Dev Blog | Twitter | Steam
    Unreal Engine 4 Developers Community.

I'm working on a cute little video game! Here's a link for you.
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    I love how the marketing team for Ragnarok looked at the film and its clips, realized it's filled to the absolute brim with '80's metal imagery, and decided to just go hog wild with said imagery for the trailers.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited July 2017
    Henroid wrote: »
    Wait a minute, who is Sigourney Weaver playing again? Because I'm having a hard time imagining Madame Gao answering to anyone, especially in that fashion.

According to people who saw the first episode of Defenders, Alexandra
    is implied to be very old, like Madame Two. But she's also dying of cancer.
    Now I'm picturing her as the MCU version of Walter White breaking bad.

It was very blurry.

Video game trailer.

no the real trailer did make it out there, not the videogame.

Its bananas, but also really shitty quality.

And it kind of spoils the end of ragnarok.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Forar wrote: »
    Okay Marvel, it's 'in the wild', I get wanting to have a big draw for the comic con crowds, but better to showcase this in full HD glory than let a Hydra of poorly recorded cams and screaming fans take away the impact.

Though honestly, I do enjoy some crowd reaction videos, the Starcraft 2 announcement was awesome in that regard, but I digress, I want to take that trailer and inject it into my veins!

I don't understand this.
    You'd think it would take more time and effort to police YouTube (to say nothing of all the other video hosting sites) that it would beeasier to just put the trailer up at the same time it was released at the Con. I mean, they have to know they're fighting a losing battle. There's no way you can prevent everyone in that room from filming and uploading a hundred shitty copies of your trailer.
    And that's going to be the first impression the trailer gets. Not the glorious HD with pristine sound that you made, but some blurry unsteady off center phone video half blocked off by the crowd and the sound largely drowned out by screaming fans.

May just be me, but it seems like a lot of wasted effort when you could just upload the thing yourself thirty seconds after you hit the play button at the con.

• Options
    topgun36topgun36 Vancouver BCRegistered User regular
    https://streamable.com/zeuhc

Leaked D23/ComicCon trailer

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    it's never made sense to me why they do that either; is there some kind of exclusivity deal with the con? Why would they possibly agree to that?

They sometimes wait quite a while after the initial screening, too

hold your head high soldier, it ain't over yet
    that's why we call it the struggle, you're supposed to sweat
  • Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »

In that blurry trailer

The Thor windshield splat was a bit too forced

But I think I saw Iron Spider? I really liked that. And if they use Star Lord as the central character for the film to work around as the earth/space anchor it would be a smart move because he's also the most likable of the heroes.

Also re Ragnarok trailer Valkyries white armor looks bad as in not good, like a Power Rangers padded getup (and where's her spear?)

There's some definitely unfinished effects in that trailer. There's one shot where Hulk's shiny and smooth and green with painted on pants that looked more like something from the Ang Lee version than anything from the MCU.

• Options
    Inkstain82Inkstain82 Registered User regular
    Artificial scarcity creates hype

• Options
    topgun36 wrote: »
    https://streamable.com/zeuhc

Leaked D23/ComicCon trailer

What is this? A leaked trailer for ants?

• Options
    it's never made sense to me why they do that either; is there some kind of exclusivity deal with the con? Why would they possibly agree to that?

They sometimes wait quite a while after the initial screening, too

They look for key times, in this case I imagine they didn't want to absolutely wreck Thor Ragnarok's trailer AND give away the ending to Thor Ragnarok at the same time.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    sure but like, why release it now at all then? Even if it somehow doesn't leak (which, lol) the spoilers will be out there before long

hold your head high soldier, it ain't over yet
    that's why we call it the struggle, you're supposed to sweat
  • Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    sure but like, why release it now at all then? Even if it somehow doesn't leak (which, lol) the spoilers will be out there before long

Because now we all want to see the trailer and the longer we can't the more we want to and we will mash refresh on Youtube until it shows up and motherfucker its probably never coming out I'm just going to preorder my tickets now and go camp at the theater.

• Options
    KashaarKashaar Low OrbitRegistered User regular
    It's sadly true that you can't really control leaks anymore these days, but you can still control the release schedule of marketing material. Comic Con is part of that, and probably a good way to build some low-key hype that spreads by word of mouth. You also don't want to dilute your hype for the next film with hype for the one after - it makes total sense to stagger release of these things for that reason, and also so that a controlled narrative can be built about it in the media and in the wild.

Indie Dev Blog | Twitter | Steam
    Unreal Engine 4 Developers Community.

I'm working on a cute little video game! Here's a link for you.
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    A leak isn't a problem if the leaked video is just bad enough to make you want to see it from something other than a bad phone camera recording of it.

Couscous on
  • Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    I think this thread is indicative of the value of an exclusive trailer tied to an exclusive event.

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Not a doctor Tree townRegistered User regular
    End of Ragnarok/Infinity War trailer spoiler/speculation
    If Earth is under Asgard's protection, and Thanos is coming to Earth, there's really only one way Ragnarok can end, right?

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Going off the trailer, it's how Ragnarok starts! ;P

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    I think this thread is indicative of the value of an exclusive trailer tied to an exclusive event.

Is it though? We've all seen the trailer, or at least a shoddy recording of it.
    How many of us are posting from the con?

We'd all be just as happy posting about the official trailer released on the official channel. Happier in some cases because I wouldn't be whining about low quality recordings.

• Options
    NobeardNobeard North Carolina: Failed StateRegistered User regular
    For what its worth, I'm specifically avoiding the bootleg trailer* so i can watch the quality one later. There's probably more of me than one might think.

*I admit, as hyped as I am, it's weird that "bootleg trailer" is a thing.

• Options
    plufimplufim Dr Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    Mvrck wrote: »
    shryke wrote: »
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    I'm really happy to see them finally leaning all the way in on the humor with Thor. One of the best parts of the character in the comics is how up front they are about his inherent ridiculousness. I know it's an arc, but he had taken himself and his exploits entirely too seriously for my taste. It's also been a waste of Hemsworth in the role. Glad to see we're essentially getting a buddy comedy.

Thor 3 looks like it's the culmination of them realising that Thor movies work when they are about crazy space-viking antics and don't when they have anything to do with boring earth shit.

It also helps that Hemsworth has ridiculously good comedic delivery.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocD-SzOQh8E

God I hope Ragnarok confirms this is canon. Darryl is the best of the MCU.

plufim on
    3DS 0302-0029-3193 NNID plufim steam plufim PSN plufim
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Also, Planet Hulk would not work in MCU

I don't think it'd be that big a problem, and we are essentially getting Planet Hulk 2.0 with Thor Ragnarok.

Tony wouldn't shoot Hulk into space as much as go with him, though.

I thought the end of Avengers 2 was going to end with him getting (or sending himself) into space when he is in the ship.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I remember the rumor for the Iron Man 3 stinger was him taking the space suit and meeting the GotG

• Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    I mean that space suit (Gemini) was really cool

59ceded16fbd64a42e3200fa0a3bd1e7--sci-fi-characters-iron-man-.jpg

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    Managed to find a trailer leak on Youtube for Infinity War. The angle sucked though, so I couldn't really see anything other than the top of Thanos' head at one point. Guess I'll have to continue to impatiently wait for the official upload.

That's ok though, because I have the Ragnarok trailer! I am beyond hyped for that movie... like even more hyped than I am for Star Wars. I must've watched the Thor trailer at least 10 times since Saturday. Absolutely everything about it looks perfect.

I dunno if it was already confirmed but Hela/Infinity War speculation:
    Calling her the goddess of death so many times in the trailer leads me to believe she's the object of Thanos' obsession, and will play a big part in War/Gauntlet

Skull2185 on
    Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    ThirithThirith Registered User regular
    For me the Thor films were perfect airplane movies. Forgettable but loud and colourful enough to while away two hours.

Ragnarok looks like it's got actual personality and a villain that's enjoyable to watch. It looks like it's got attitude and isn't afraid to be gaudy and colourful. I didn't know that this is something I wanted, but damn, if the last two Ragnarok trailers haven't actually made me excited about this film.

webp-net-resizeimage.jpg
    "Nothing is gonna save us forever but a lot of things can save us today." - Night in the Woods
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    Yeah we are getting Planet Hulk in this movie.

Multiple characters from Planet Hulk are in the trailer and Hulk is in space dressed as a gladiator doing Hulk shit.

And the planet they're on is Saakar.

Interestingly, the way that Saakar is set up the the MCU sounds like if you decided to get rid of a planet-destroying bomb by throwing it through a wormhole, there's fairly good odds that it would land on Saakar.

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    DanHibiki wrote: »

I need to invest in a pineapple print wardrobe.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    QuiotuQuiotu Registered User regular
    DanHibiki wrote: »

I keep getting reminded by shots like this just how giant Jeff Goldblum is. He's taller than Hemsworth...

wbee62u815wj.png
This discussion has been closed.