Options

Marvel [MCU] Infinity War trailer DOES put a smile on my face

• Options
    NobeardNobeard North Carolina: Failed StateRegistered User regular
    There is no other word than "adorable" to describe Ruffalo in that picture.

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Nobeard wrote: »
    There is no other word than "adorable" to describe Ruffalo in that picture.

Can't tell if he is trying to hide behind Goldblum or if he just knew he couldn't compete with the power of pineapple.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    Wait, is that a pineapple onesie?

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited July 2017
    Mvrck wrote: »

Yes, he wore it to the Ragnarok panel at SDCC. Cate Blanchett and Tessa Thompson accessories sold separately.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    Mvrck wrote: »
    a better look at it in all it's glory:

DanHibiki on
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    This guy really seems like the best way to top off a series started by a Shakespearean director.

I mean that 100% sincerely.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    Infinite War trailer

http://www.thedevilseyes.com/2017/07/avengers-infinity-war-leaked-trailer-sdcc.html?m=1

Good trailer, though Thanos was somehow less intimidating than Ultron in his trailers.
    Holy shit, the Guardians are front and center in this! Did not expect that. And Mantis is back! :)

edit: Took me a few seconds to recognize Thor as the person the Guardians picked up lol

Harry Dresden on
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    "Will update if video goes down."

Followed by 2 "Sorry, this video does not exist" got a chuckle.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Guess I managed to see the trailer before it got taken down on that site then. It looked awesome! Still impatiently waiting for an official upload, though. I can't wait to see it in way better quality, and with out a cacophony of "WOOO" every half second...

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Guess I managed to see the trailer before it got taken down on that site then. It looked awesome! Still impatiently waiting for an official upload, though. I can't wait to see it in way better quality, and with out a cacophony of "WOOO" every half second...

It's just not going to be the same watching it without half the screen obscured by someone's head (who's also recording the trailer).

• Options
    NinjeffNinjeff Registered User regular
    I doubt we'll see that trailer until Thor Ragnarock n roll.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Yeah. As much as I want to see the trailer, apparently the effects aren't done/polished enough to pour over, and we have yet to see anything for Black Panther -- which Disney/Marvel will need to hype too.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Agreed.
    Plus, i think they want to make sure nothing over shadows the next movie in the list.

• Options
    Ninjeff wrote: »
    Agreed.
    Plus, i think they want to make sure nothing over shadows the next movie in the list.

It's Ragnarok, Black Panther, A:IW (2 months later)

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Maybe I'm being thick, but this all seems somewhat counterproductive.

They want to release something big to hype up fans, but not all the fans, but it's not like everyone sits on their hands and it's 'in the wild' like half an hour later. Even as they play whack-a-mole with video sites, descriptions and spoilers already abound.

Either it's good enough to put out, or it isn't. It's time to build the hype train, or they avoid overshadowing the next film (the trailer seeming to spoil the ending of their next movie).

I just don't get it. I respect that Marvel's marketing department doesn't answer to one happy little Zergling, so it's not like that matters for much in the grand scheme of things.

"It builds hype"? Meh, hype levels for IW have been at peak for ages now, imo. I doubt anyone who was on the fence is going to find out that there's an early cut trailer that they can't see for a few months and be pushed into the Yay column by it.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    CalicaCalica Registered User regular
    Disney isn't dumb. I assumed that having the video leak a bit was part of the plan.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Apparently Thor is gonna be a brisk 100 minutes.

So, focused on the shit that matters and not faffing about bunch of filler aka The Dark World?

Yes pls.

• Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    http://collider.com/thor-ragnarok-run-time-revealed-taika-waititi

If I'm reading this right, it's short because the director had to kill puppies.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    I have a feeling that for as light and fun as the trailers are, Ragnarok is not gonna be fun times at the end. Really seems like it could be another 'bad end' in the vein of AoU and Civil War.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    I don't know what's going on with that site but it just took me to the google play store like three times on my phone

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Hevach wrote: »

I mean, I get the metaphor he was going for, but surely there had to be a better way to put that?

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    that might be a more common expression in the NZ werewolf community

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    that might be a more common expression in the NZ werewolf community

Yeah, seems like he was avoiding swearing

• Options
    PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    i just watched civil war again. best parts are really the spidey stuff, especially after having seen homecoming. The movie still has some weird moments but even knowing what was going to happen i wasn't "bored" with the story.

• Options
    Athenor wrote: »
    Ninjeff wrote: »
    Agreed.

It's Ragnarok, Black Panther, A:IW (2 months later)

Yep. Which is why i dont think we'll see Infnity War trailer until later (in the wild).

BUT! All hope is not lost...consider this:

The reason they showed it at SD comicon was because that was the last SD comicon before the movie comes out!!!!

We're that close!

• Options

I need to see all the deleted scenes. Too bad Marvel refuses to do director's cuts.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Pailryder wrote: »
    i just watched civil war again. best parts are really the spidey stuff, especially after having seen homecoming. The movie still has some weird moments but even knowing what was going to happen i wasn't "bored" with the story.

Civil War is hands down the best movie in the MCU. Just about the only thing I don't like about it is that they kinda wasted Crossbones. Other than that it's just great. RDJ was phenominal as guilt wracked Tony Stark trying to hold The Avengers, the only family he's got left, together while Captain Jerk tries to ruin everything. The airport battle is a thing of beauty, possibly only outdone by the awesomeness that happens in that little hallway at the end of Rogue One.

Just going by the trailers, Ragnarok has a decent shot at taking my number 1 spot and unless they really fuck it up, Infinity War and Gauntlet should blow everything out of the water.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    I so wanted at the end of Spider-Man for:
    For the Vulture to run into Kingpin who then brings Scorpion over for a meeting. I had to explain to my non-Netflix watching friend why that wouldn't happen after I told him.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    lwt1973 wrote: »
    For the Vulture to run into Kingpin who then brings Scorpion over for a meeting. I had to explain to my non-Netflix watching friend why that wouldn't happen after I told him.
    They really should have tried to being in Kingpin, D'onofrio is a legit movie actor. He had a big role in Magnificent Seven!

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    And stain the MCU with TV? MADNESS!

• Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular

I need to see all the deleted scenes. Too bad Marvel refuses to do director's cuts.

If he cut it down to 100 minutes, then this is the director's cut. He had more time to work with than he used.

• Options
    That's not how director's cuts work!

• Options
    Dedwrekka wrote: »

If he cut it down to 100 minutes, then this is the director's cut. He had more time to work with than he used.

Nope, this is the theatrical version. DC's are a separate thing.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    They really should have tried to being in Kingpin, D'onofrio is a legit movie actor. He had a big role in Magnificent Seven!

He's been in a lot of stuff. His most famous role is probably Full Metal Jacket

• Options
    Fencingsax wrote: »

He's been in a lot of stuff. His most famous role is probably Full Metal Jacket

I know, which makes it all the weirder. Charlie Cox was the lead in Stardust.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKTU76tteRQ

• Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    That's not how director's cuts work!

Director's cut represents the director's approved cut of the movie.

It doesn't mean a cut filled with a bunch of deleted scenes, and it doesn't mean a cut that's different than the theatrical version. Any director's cut just means "whatever the director wanted it to be". It can have those other things, but that isn't what defines it.

If he had a chunk of extra time to work with, and chose not to, then that represents that this is probably how he wanted it.

• Options
    Semantics.

What Harry meant, and most people mean, is the extra stuff he cut out being released.

• Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    Semantics.

What Harry meant, and most people mean, is the extra stuff he cut out being released.

The article says they will be?

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Semantics.

So, an extended edition.

*pushes up glasses pedantically*

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    had a customer come by today who worked at a movie theater. They were wearing a Spider-Man Homecoming t-shirt; naturally, I commented on this and added, "but have you seen the movie?"

and they said, "... six times"

Tamin on
This discussion has been closed.